ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

Pin Head 01-05-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9285012)
Antifreeze.

That would be a good move on your part.

Another shameful mockery of my greatness. Bow before the greatness of that statement.

Buckweath 01-05-2013 12:38 PM

They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn and have a qb battle in camp, with stanzi also getting his chance. SImple, no?

Rausch 01-05-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9285042)
Another shameful mockery of my greatness. Bow before the greatness of that statement.

Bye...

Rausch 01-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9285043)
They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn...

Sir! SIR!

My friend here has had enough. I need a cab...

The Franchise 01-05-2013 12:47 PM

For anyone saying that we should sign a veteran.......exactly who is out there.

Alex Smith is not a FA. He's not worth trading for.
Joe Flacco will probably be franchised.
Matt Flynn.....not a FA.

Every veteran QB that you would trade for is not only going to cost a premium pick but also a decent sized contract. Nevermind that a player like Flynn would also cost his former team a decent sized cap hit.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:04 PM

I really don't care.

If the Chiefs trade out of the first spot or take a position other than QB, I won't give a shit because IMO, there is no game-changing, earth-shaking Franchise saving QB in this draft.

All I see is a bunch of projects. There's no one even close to Luck, Wilson or RGIII. I see Wilson and Bray as immature and as I've stated in the past few days, every time I've seen Geno Smith, he's been less than impressive.

That said, I'm pretty sure that Andy Reid could take any of the 2013 prospects and make them look average to great in his offense, so taking a guy at #1 overall that doesn't merit the #1 overall selection seems rather stupid to me.

If he chooses Smith, fine. But if he makes another move, I really won't care.

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9284885)
Jeez, read what I wrote. After his failure this year I'm surprised they haven't given him his outright release already. Think about these two words:

WHAT IF

What if Reid thinks there is something there that can be of help and he keeps Cassel?

For all intents and purposes Cassel's career was over when he sustained the hand injury, when he came back he couldn't hit the ground if he threw at it.

ROFL at you for being such a knish.

WHAT IF he saw something in Tamba Hali and decided to make him our starting QB? Should Tamba play both ways?

WHAT IF he discovered a secret potion that would restore Joe Montana to his prime condition? How would you feel about that?

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9285043)
They must draft Geno Smith, should sign an ALex Smith or trade for Flynn and have a qb battle in camp, with stanzi also getting his chance. SImple, no?

Trade for a guy with a $27 million dollar contract that didn't see the field one time in 2012?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284952)
Well, you would have been right. I swung and missed pretty big with Sanchez. No question about this.

Tannehill is the guy who makes the analysis of this year's class absurd to me. If this is the type of prospect who goes #8 overall, you just cannot tell me that three guys in this year's class aren't at least of his caliber. At least.

And I'm really not trying to shit on Tannehill with this.

spot on post
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285078)

All I see is a bunch of projects. There's no one even close to Luck, Wilson or RGIII. I see Wilson and Bray as immature and as I've stated in the past few days, every time I've seen Geno Smith, he's been less than impressive.

Ironic statement.

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9285096)
Ironic statement.

Ironic because the Chiefs could have him instead of Stephenson?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9285003)
You sir can get off of your high horse. This was mentioned on espn radio this morning as an option and its not that far-fetched. We're going to need more than one QB.

**** espn.

We better not swap the first over all for a low first and Matt ****ing Flynn.

Holy **** how dumb does that sound?
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 01-05-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9285099)
Ironic because the Chiefs could have him instead of Stephenson?

Ironic because this time last year Russel Wilson wasn't anywhere near the caliber of someone like Russel Wilson.

slimdagreat 01-05-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9284348)
If you can trade back and select Tyler Wilson in the first while getting more picks....then that's the best scenario...in a perfect world.

Yes and you can get a potential pro bowl MLB, LT or DT in the process you take that. Geno isn't RGIII like most people think.

This or trade for Kirk Cousins

DaneMcCloud 01-05-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284952)
And I'm really not trying to shit on Tannehill with this.

I think that Tannehill is much more mature than Tyler Bray and probably Tyler Wilson.

Firstly, Tannehill was 24 years old to start the 2012 season and he's married. Bray would be 21 and there have been questions about Wilson, even though he'll be 24 to start the 2013 season.

All I can say is that none of these guys, at least today, look like slam dunks.