ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Field for Chiefs vs. Rams is horrible (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318771)

Simply Red 11-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13889756)
They do that at Arrowhead sometimes. Not really that big of a deal if the grass is in good shape otherwise.

heck no it's gorgeous!

Dayze 11-13-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 13889803)
Worth every ass giggle

is that a euphemism for a fart?

if not, it should be.

Stinger 11-13-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13889739)
What are they spraying?

AS SEEN ON TV!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YdYSjHDMXwc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MIAdragon 11-13-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13889808)

if not, it should be.

Lmfao posting and driving

saphojunkie 11-13-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13889808)

if not, it should be.

Oh my god, for some reason "ass giggle" combined with your avatar just made me lose my mind.

O.city 11-13-2018 01:40 PM

This is a damn debacle.

All the sod laying videos have been deleted. lol.

MMXcalibur 11-13-2018 01:44 PM

I hope the NFL has no choice but to bring this game back to LA, but worst case scenario: they'll probably make LA/KC take their bye weeks THIS week in order to get the field prep'd and play the game in Week 12.

Spott 11-13-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13889790)
Just play Henne, it’s not a must win for us and the Rams would know they got a cheap victory.

I’m actually ok with this as long as we rested the rest of our starters. Hell, I don’t even want to risk Henne at this point. Maybe sign Tyler Bray for a week just to stick it to Goodell for scheduling these international games.

saphojunkie 11-13-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 13889839)
I hope the NFL has no choice but to bring this game back to LA, but worst case scenario: they'll probably make LA/KC take their bye weeks THIS week in order to get the field prep'd and play the game in Week 12.

Hmm... that's smart. Gives them the chance to hype it up for another week as well.

Also, I'm sure Mahomes would like that. It would give him the week to focus on being there for his GF.

alnorth 11-13-2018 01:47 PM

I've been reading way more about 1-week old sod than I ever wanted to know, and the experts are concluding that the field will look great at kickoff, and utter dogshit by halftime. Speaking of dogshit, a 50-pound lab can tear up a new yard, so what's going to happen when 300 pound NFL linemen collide on these glorified throw rugs?

kstater 11-13-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13889712)
It's always perplexed me that both the Chiefs and Royals use Bermuda Grass on their playing fields. Bermuda is a softer grass but it's also a warm-season turf and is damn near impossible to keep alive in cooler conditions. Zoysia is what most of our golf courses use, and it's basically living carpet...but it browns out quickly.

They would be wise, IMO, to switch to tall fescue. Then again, George Toma and Trevor Vance know their shit...so there must be a reason.

The Chiefs have a heating system that uses hot water from the boilers that run through pipes that keeps the root system from going dormant, and tarp it during the non game days to retain heat. I think, but am not sure, they weren't even over seeding with annual rye.

The royals have Bermuda in the infield only, it handles traffic better than fescue and bluegrass. And they do overseed when it goes dormant

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

loochy 11-13-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13889845)
Hmm... that's smart. Gives them the chance to hype it up for another week as well.

Also, I'm sure Mahomes would like that. It would give him the week to focus on being there for his GF.

She would be so excited to have him for the week! It would ease her pain! I'm sure she is just going through a terrible time with this!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 11-13-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphomonkey (Post 13889654)
Is that really what you think I was referring to?
Sigh...

That's the only thing I had commented on, you ****ing ****.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphomonkey (Post 13889654)
Like those shit holes Belgium and Sweden and Switzerland and France and England and Holland and... virtually every other developed nation on earth where it's frequently the most popular sport.

Maybe you'd be happier in one of those places. Any of those places. I'll help you pack.

kstater 11-13-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 13889847)
I've been reading way more about 1-week old sod than I ever wanted to know, and the experts are concluding that the field will look great at kickoff, and utter dogshit by halftime. Speaking of dogshit, a 50-pound lab can tear up a new yard, so what's going to happen when 300 pound NFL linemen collide on these glorified throw rugs?

Most teams use large rolls when sodding, 3' wide and 20' long and rolled out by machine before being butted together, usually okay

That picture looks like they're using small rolls. 18" wide by 3' long which is asinine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thegame214 11-13-2018 01:52 PM

I just saw the videos of them laying down sod lmao

This game is going to LA