ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

wild1 06-08-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5824868)
Maybe you are in a position to hear that more than the general public. So your perception is skewed.

There is a reason for everything.

There we are... anyone who expresses reservation about something being racist is probably just racist themselves.

Dottefan 06-08-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5824871)
Your future has been told. Ask Jasonsauto and DCS what that means. CONFORM OR DIE!!!!!

NO.

|Zach| 06-08-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 5824888)
There we are... anyone who expresses reservation about something being racist is probably just racist themselves.

Some of you folks play the victim card as much if not more than the people who always play the race card.

Like I said. There is a reason for everything. But I guess all of this stuff is representative of everyone else but you.

All we need is valipass here to act shocked that people call him a racist. That would make things fun.

FloridaMan88 06-08-2009 11:33 AM

This would never happen in a place like LA, Miami, New York or even Chicago.

To the rest of the country this makes KC look like a backwater cowtown.

Reaper16 06-08-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5824858)
NO, WHY? DO YOU THINK I AM YELLING..LOL..ITS THE NET, DONT GET SO EXICETED.

NO I CAN'T STOP YELLING, 'CUZ THIS IS HOW I TALK! 'AINT YOU SEEN MY MOVIES?

JUICED? THAT WAS A GOOD ONE! DEEP BLUE SEA? HE ATE ME! A ****ING SHARK ATE ME!

Reaper16 06-08-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5824897)

All we need is valipass here to act shocked that people call him a racist. That would make things fun.

Somethings are not worth being sarcastic about. It would not be fun. :harumph: ;)

Dottefan 06-08-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5824901)

TO BE HONEST, I WAS GOING TO TURN THEM OFF UNTIL I SAW YOUR POST.......NOW JUST FOR KICKS..I WILL KEEP THEM ON.

Reaper16 06-08-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5824899)

Kansas City is a lot better than the average Kansas Citian, that's for sure.

Lzen 06-08-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5824901)

Billy Mayes?

|Zach| 06-08-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5824907)
Somethings are not worth being sarcastic about. It would not be fun. :harumph: ;)

Nah, its fun. It happens quite a lot. The guy is actually confused about it I think. Kind of surprised him or Duck Dog are not around. Those guys live for this shit.

blaise 06-08-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5824899)

People in those places are equally as bigoted as they are here.
Maybe this situation wouldn't have happened but it doesn't mean the people there are any different.

Reaper16 06-08-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottefan (Post 5824908)
TO BE HONEST, I WAS GOING TO TURN THEM OFF UNTIL I SAW YOUR POST.......NOW JUST FOR KICKS..I WILL KEEP THEM ON.

For the record, I can never resist a Chappelle's Show reference. I wasn't attacking you or anything. Even with caps lock on you are a lot cooler than the pack of prejudiced simpletons in this thread.

KCUnited 06-08-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 5824885)
It is interesting you slam twitter here. This story broke and got legs from Twitter. Because it was relaying happenings and news. At no point did anyone say what they were having for breakfast.

I didn't slam twitter there, I slammed the people who use for their attention fix.

Dottefan 06-08-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5824920)
For the record, I can never resist a Chappelle's Show reference. I wasn't attacking you or anything. Even with caps lock on you are a lot cooler than the pack of prejudiced simpletons in this thread.

Why thank you fine sir..lol

HonestChieffan 06-08-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824867)
It calls his credibility into question.
Because in many ways... I'm the baggy pants wearing interview he'd pass over for employment because of my outward appearance.

When in truth, I recognize that he struggles with very basic concepts of English. That about blows a hole in the idea that you can truly judge a book by its cover.

But I wouldn't expect the poster who says MOST Black people who complain about Cordish politics PROBABLY DON'T PAY TAXES to understand that point.

Would you agree that most black people give a damn about Cordish's rules? The use of modifiers like most, all, many as examples tends to degrade the discussion.

My point, and I'll do my best to use proper English and pay attention to my spelling, is a simple one. Oh, before I forget, sorry you didn't get the job.

Very few people care a whit about the dress code. They know what is acceptable in different settings and comport themselves accordingly.

The dress code and racial overtones are an issue among a minority of people (not a racial minority). I believe Shakespear said it best, "Much ado about nothing."

The businesses in the P and L have to make money or they die. And the city needs them to make money because that where TIF kicks in and pays off. If the business feels they make more and have a greater chance to attract more people and more people who will spend more by setting some standards, then why should they not do so? No one forces you or anyone else to bother them with your business if the standard make you uncomfortable.

The bottom line is that to return to the city the TIF financing money and carry that load off the taxpayer, the P and L better make money hand over fist. And to do so, they need to attract Cass County money, Platt County money, Johnson County money and Wyandotte County money.

If the peope who have the money don't feel like its a great value for their investment...they won't come.