ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8518476)
Amazing that a shitbag like Lohse could be doing this through 6.

He actually was our best pitcher in spring training........well besides Wainright.

Marcellus 04-04-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8518507)
He actually was our best pitcher in spring training........well besides Wainright.

He had the best ERA on the team last year as well.

J Diddy 04-04-2012 07:35 PM

****ing bullshit'

DeezNutz 04-04-2012 07:37 PM

Cardinals screwed there.

And is Holliday the biggest pussy in MLB or is he just pretending to act the part tonight?

Scott Pilgrim 04-04-2012 08:23 PM

Why is Loshe so underrated by Cardinals fans

Marcellus 04-04-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8518568)
Cardinals screwed there.

And is Holliday the biggest pussy in MLB or is he just pretending to act the part tonight?

I expect you will eat those words this season.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-04-2012 08:27 PM

1-0 in a "down year" :)

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim (Post 8518703)
Why is Loshe so underrated by Cardinals fans

He usually pitches 3-4 innings and then the next inning gives up 4-5 runs before you can get him out. He got the big contract and the first two years stunk up the joint. How much he pitched in the WS tells you how much the cardinals trust him.

But, we should start giving him more props.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8518568)
Cardinals screwed there.

Judging by last year's postseason, it's the former. Still a great hitter, though.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:39 PM

Lohse is a nice #3 that got a really bad rap for getting injured immediately after Mozeliak gave him a stupid contract.

He's actually a lot like Jeff Suppan in that his stuff isn't overpowering, but isn't easy to square up either. Another year removed from career-threatening surgery (and pitching for another contract) and I expect he'll have a very nice year for us.

And for anyone that hasn't been to spring training or watched his FSMW interviews, or even saw his LaRussa impression last season - I'd suggest you give rooting for him a try. He's a damn cool guy and a really easy player to pull for.

Keep an eye on Westbrook as well; with a real defense behind him I expect he'll be much more aggressive and much better this season.

This is a very very good ballclub that could win 95 games this season.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8518847)
Judging by last year's postseason, it's the former. Still a great hitter, though.

Holliday was one of the 15 most valuable players in the national league based on WAR despite playing only 80% of his team's games last year. In other words - when he was on the field, he was fantastic. And for a guy that's taking so much heat for being a 'pussy'; he still played damn near 4 out of every 5 games his team played despite having appendicitis and tendon damage in his wrist.

If you can't respect Holliday's game, I'm not sure exactly who's you can.

O.city 04-04-2012 09:42 PM

If they can stay healthy, they very well could win 95 games.

If you could introduce Allen Craigs bat into that lineup, it's gets even tougher. I really wish like hell Shelby was ready to roll this year, but I get not rushing him.

Frazod 04-04-2012 09:47 PM

Nice job tonight by pretty much everybody but that douche Holliday. :thumb:

O.city 04-04-2012 09:48 PM

I think this team could be fun to watch. Could swing the other way tho.

I am excited and hopeful that Freese can stay healthy for the long haul this year.

DJ's left nut 04-04-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8518935)
If they can stay healthy, they very well could win 95 games.

If you could introduce Allen Craigs bat into that lineup, it's gets even tougher. I really wish like hell Shelby was ready to roll this year, but I get not rushing him.

Shelby probably is ready to roll this year; but if there's no need, leave him in the minors to refine his breaking stuff. He gets a little fastball happy right now.

Oh, and if you have any Marlins on your fantasy team - trade 'em now. I have no earthly idea how anyone on that squad can hit 30 out. Jesus, that ballpark is a freakin' monster. It's like Petco with a roof.

As for Craig - he'll probably get 300 ABs by the time all is said and done. Beltran and Berkman will all need time off and Jay shouldn't be starting against lefties (putting Beltran in CF and Craig in RF).

As much as it pains me to give Mozeliak credit; this team sure looks put together well.