ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Fritz88 02-04-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8348024)
Pawn's one of my favorite posters, actually.

Seconded.
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda 02-04-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348028)
8 wins per season is going to turn into 5 wins per season once you begin your SEC play. There is a huge difference between the Big 12 and the SEC...

Here's the issue with that. The SEC gets alot of hype because their best are clearly the best in the nation. The rest, not so much. Yes they have Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ark (to a point), Aub (to a point), SC (to a point) and UGA (to a point), but they also have Tenn, UK, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State, and aTm. Mizzou might not be the best in the SEC next year, but outside of Bama and LSU there are no other teams in the SEC right now that are CLEARLY better than Mizzou. They should easily end up with more than 5 wins

Saul Good 02-04-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348028)
8 wins per season is going to turn into 5 wins per season once you begin your SEC play. There is a huge difference between the Big 12 and the SEC...

That's going to suck. I wish we could beat Kentucky or Vanderbilt or Ole Miss or Mississippi State or Tennessee or aTm.

Too bad we can only win 5 of these games.

North Texas at home
Some I-AA school TBD at home
at Central Florida
Georgia at home
Arizona State at home
at South Carolina
Vanderbilt at home
Alabama at home
Kentucky at home
at Florida
at Tennessee
at aTm

Saul Good 02-04-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8348035)
Wow. Maybe one day when you reach greatness you'll realize how idiotic this line of thought is.

#1 recruits are great, but they don't compare to achievement.

Don't be scared to succeed.

How many jumpers did you personally knock down against Memphis?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8348047)
How many jumpers did you personally knock down against Memphis?

It's okay.

Maybe one of those high profile athletes will help you win a championship in either sport...someday.

Saul Good 02-04-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8348049)
It's okay.

Maybe one of those high profile athletes will help you win a championship in either sport...someday.

Hopefully it's football.

Simplicity 02-04-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8348043)
Here's the issue with that. The SEC gets alot of hype because their best are clearly the best in the nation. The rest, not so much. Yes they have Alabama, LSU, Florida, Ark (to a point), Aub (to a point), SC (to a point) and UGA (to a point), but they also have Tenn, UK, Vandy, Ole Miss, Miss State, and aTm. Mizzou might not be the best in the SEC next year, but outside of Bama and LSU there are no other teams in the SEC right now that are CLEARLY better than Mizzou. They should easily end up with more than 5 wins

Correction... Outside of Bama, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Georgia there are no other teams in the SEC.
Not seeing how you will beat any teams in the SEC besides UK and Ole Miss.

O.city 02-04-2012 02:32 PM

I think the Tigers will be successful in the SEC. I think it might take a few years to become acclimated but I do think they will have a chance to be at the top of the East as soon as next year.

However, I think it will take a few years to get to the Alabama level, if that is possible for the Tigers.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 02:34 PM

Speaking of football in an MU basketball thread..

How have the Tigers finished in terms of rankings in the BigXII the past 7 seasons?

tredadda 02-04-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348055)
Correction... Outside of Bama, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, and Georgia there are no other teams in the SEC.

Difference of opinion I guess as I don't think Ark, AU, or UGA are clearly better. Explain how you feel Mizzou can't compete in the SEC?

Simplicity 02-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8348059)
Speaking of football in an MU basketball thread..

How have the Tigers finished in terms of rankings in the BigXII the past 7 seasons?

Exactly... They can't even compete at the BIG 12 level let alone the SEC level.
BIG 12 is crap compared to SEC.
Okay, you might get your 8 wins but whats that going to get you? A chance to go to the Gator Bowl?

Simplicity 02-04-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8348061)
Difference of opinion I guess as I don't think Ark, AU, or UGA are clearly better. Explain how you feel Mizzou can't compete in the SEC?

SEC athletes are bigger, faster, and stronger then BIG 12 athletes.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348063)
Exactly... They can't even compete at the BIG 12 level let alone the SEC level.
BIG 12 is crap compared to SEC.
Okay, you might get your 8 wins but whats that going to get you? A chance to go to the Gator Bowl?

Now now....

Their program is improving while the other SEC schools remain status quo.

MU was ready to leave the BigXII for a tougher conference. They need better competition...I mean 7 straight bowl games! They are ready for a NC.

I think you will see them continue their winning ways in the SEC. Look at their dominance in the BigXII. They are ready...they have a real good WR now.

Saul Good 02-04-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348055)

Mississippi State, Vandy, and Tennessee are really kicking ass, so we don't stand a chance there. I don't know how we're going to ever beat aTm even though we've beat them in their own barn the last 2 years by a combined 28 points and haven't lost to them since 2006.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8348069)
Mississippi State, Vandy, and Tennessee are really kicking ass, so we don't stand a chance there. I don't know how we're going to ever beat aTm even though we've beat them in their own barn the last 2 years by a combined 28 points and haven't lost to them since 2006.

You're right!

Now is your chance!