ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ANyone else still want to TANK the season for a better draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

Saccopoo 09-23-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

If the Chiefs tank it and go 1-15, then you are correct, it means that there is far more wrong with the franchise. It means that the current front office and coaching staff were inept. It means that they picked the wrong players. It means that there needs to be a cleansing. A purification.

Or it means that this is a quarterback and coach driven league in the 21st Century and antiquated styles of play are not going to result in the wins neccessary to propel this team deep into the playoffs. It also means that our QB is substandard and you don't win in this league with a substandard quarterback.

The Colts were 1-15 last year. They were a lot better than that the year before and the look a lot better than that this year.

It's really a quick fix.

http://www.cbssports.com/images/coll...eno_Smith.jpeg

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 06:03 PM

Since we're proposing simple questions, would you rather we be in the shape we are now in 2012, savoring the highlights of the 2011 season as well.

Or would you prefer we be in the exact same position, only we had tanked last year, and we now had RGIII or Luck growing into the game similar to how they are with their current teams.

How will you feel next year if Cassel is indeed still here, still performing at his Cassel-esque level, especially if this year is a 6-10 to 8-8 nothing.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-23-2012 06:05 PM

Doesn't matter what we want. The team is going to go out there and try to win every week. Tanking only exists in the minds of internet draftmasturbaters.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8943356)
Doesn't matter what we want. The team is going to go out there and try to win every week. Tanking only exists in the minds of internet draftmasturbaters.

Truth. I'll just rely on superior talent and coaching to get the tank done.

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8943356)

A rooting interest is the font of fandom. Those who root for failure with Cassel [besides begging the question] are just rooting for the future at the moment instead of the present.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

Eyes on the prize.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-23-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943367)
Truth. I'll just rely on superior talent and coaching to get the tank done.

I'd take trading up and upgrade r QB (not a Sanchez) and consider it good.

Saccopoo 09-23-2012 06:09 PM

To the tank!

http://knstrct.com/wp-content/upload...draTank_03.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8943376)
I'd take trading up and upgrade r QB (not a Sanchez) and consider it good.

I don't see Peeholi evar trading up, but dare to dream if it suits you...

Saccopoo 09-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943386)
I don't see Peeholi evar trading up, but dare to dream if it suits you...

And there in lies the rub.

I'll root for the team to win every stinking game if it meant that Pioli had the balls to trade up for a real quarterback.

However, the word is out that he's terrified of drafting one in the first round.

As such, that means this team HAS to go 1-15, which gets him fired and a new regime in that understands the biggest limitation that this team currently faces - the quarterback position.

Riding the tank means riding into a new, bright, successful Chiefs future.

http://www.rexwallpapers.com/images/...ams_tank_4.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 09-23-2012 06:16 PM

Too many talented players to win that few of games. Better to come to that realization now rather than later. Hoping for a season that bad is an exercise in futility.

jspchief 09-23-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8943414)
Too many talented players to win that few of games. Better to come to that realization now rather than later. Hoping for a season that bad is an exercise in futility.

Success with the current team increases the likelihood that Cassel stays. Short term success that sacrifices the future.

I see less harm done to the organization with a single bad season that sets the wheels of change in motion.

Luke Warm 09-23-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthCarlSatan (Post 8943168)
Who went 0-3 and went to the Super Bowl?

No one YET. Doesn't necessarily mean no team EVER will. There's a first for everything. But who gives an oven baked shit about the possibility of 0-3 now? We won today. And we will win again next week.

Deal with it you tank wishing assholes.

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8943414)

What does that have to do with anything.

If McDonald bringing back the McDLT would inspire the Chiefs to make a change at QB, I'd be rooting for the return of the McDLT. Doesn't mean I actually want to eat at McDonalds let alone eat a zombie McDLT.

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8943430)
who gives an oven baked shit about the possibility of 0-3 now?

The same stupid ****s that whine and cry for us to tank the season because we were 0-2 somehow also say we could've won the superbowl had we gone 0-3.

Brain dead idiots......worthless pieces of shit...just trolling to argue because their lives aren't worth the shitty bit of toilet paper that gets lodged in your asshole from time to time.