ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 610 Sports Big Show-Pioli is the only talent evaluator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266221)

htismaqe 11-06-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9089406)
He doesn't just make the line look worse than what it is, he makes the line worse than what it is.

Despite Don and Sancho's blusterings, I'm okay with the linemen we have on this team. And I think that they will be a lot better playing with a real QB. I've already said that I think this could be one of the upper echelon offensive lines in the NFL with a quarterback with a remote degree of pocket presence, which neither Cassel nor Quinn exhibit at this point.

The problem lies in the fact that Albert and Asamoah were the first two guys we've drafted on the offensive line that high in the draft in a long time and no one wants to spend high round picks on more linemen at this point. And I agree. (Although I would have loved Alex Mack in 2009 and Zane Beadles in 2010 to go along with Rod Hudson in 2011.)

In fact, my current mock on the Draft Planet doesn't have a single offensive lineman on it.

I'm pretty okay with the guys we have and with a quality QB, a lot of the current sins get washed away.

WOW.

Are you really Sac? :D

By the way, good post and spot on. :thumb:

the Talking Can 11-06-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9089194)
Too late indeed.

They could have drafted Okung in the first, TJ Ward in the second, moved Albert inside to guard and upgraded three positions substantially better than what they currently have.

Then they could have used that third that they used on Asamoah on Andre Roberts, who currently has five TD's and 540 yards at the halfway point.

But I'm sure you and Pioli have reach arounds about that kick ass 2010 draft.

still pimping okung

and the albert to guard myth....:shake:

jesus, stay down
ROFL

Woodchuck 11-06-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9088441)
Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

It's hard to believe this would be true but, if it is we are even more ****ed than we already are.

notorious 11-06-2012 07:32 AM

Clady is getting the "Peyton Treatment" this year. He can completely rape a pash rusher to the ground and get away with it.

We can't forget that factor.

Chiefspants 11-06-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jak112460 (Post 9089369)
Name one QB the Chiefs have ever drafted and been successful with? Name just one? The Chiefs have always taken veteran quarterbacks and struggled along. The last veteran QB the Chiefs have had that took them to the AFC championships was Joe Montana. The only head coach since Hank Stram to take the Chiefs to a string of playoffs is Marty Schottenheimer. Anybody who thinks the Chiefs are going to draft a young QB and be successful should know that history is against them.

We spent our second round pick in 2009 on Matt Cassel. 27 Touchdowns, 7 interceptions.

Nuff' Siad.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-06-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9089598)
Clady is getting the "Peyton Treatment" this year. He can completely rape a pash rusher to the ground and get away with it.

THIS

COchief 11-06-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9089598)

An even bigger factor than that is how god damn fast Manning is at dropping back and getting the ball out. Many people were calling Clady a bust (other than his BS rookie year) and was a below average LT until fivehead rolled into town.

Sorter 11-06-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9091552)
An even bigger factor than that is how god damn fast Manning is at dropping back and getting the ball out. Many people were calling Clady a bust (other than his BS rookie year) and was a below average LT until fivehead rolled into town.

If you watch Peyton on stretch plays, the MOFO runs like a 4.5 40.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-06-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9088485)
What numbers exactly do they crunch?

Number of candy wrappers left about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9088568)
Well the 2009 draft should have proven that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9088638)
Yeah, it's really nice that a small group of us said this very same thing in 2009, but were summarily dismissed.

:shake:

These.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9088917)
You can't win in this league without a QB, a head coach and a GM, we are the worst in the league at all 3.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand QFT.

I think Barkley is the "safer" of the two, but really, I'm about ****ing tired of "safe".

I want Geno and all of the gut-churning, butterfly-swirling, euphoria-inducing, sweet-smelling RISK that comes with him!

bevischief 11-06-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9088441)
Listening to it today, Jaycie Pearson said he talks with someone in the know and they told him Pioli's the only real talent evaluator and the rest of his guys are just number crunchers. Thus the Poe pick.

All the more reason to fire his ass.

Easy 6 11-06-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9089343)
Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes I would.

:spock:

Simply Red 11-06-2012 07:51 PM

Pioli couldn't "evaluate" his way out of a wet paper sack, with scissors in his hand.

Simply Red 11-06-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9091668)
Number of candy wrappers left about.

LMAO

Simply Red 11-06-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 9089372)
I find this entire argument hilarious since anyone with a brain watching this shit team would tell you cassel makes the line look worse than it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

**** you

KCinNY 11-07-2012 08:52 AM

Given the long list of Pioli's terrible draft picks...I'd completely forgotten that he drafted Mizzou G Colin Brown in the 5th(I think) in '09.

IIRC, Brown didn't have a profile on NFL.com during the draft and was considered a reach as a UDFA by some analysts.

As awful as so many of Fat Scott's picks have been(Jackson, Magee, McCluster, Arenas, Moeaki, etc.), the Colin Brown pick(even in the later rounds) was criminally imcompetent.