ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

ChiTown 01-09-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9299360)
Luke will be taken number 1.

But not by the Chiefs.

So we are trading down? With whom?

RINGLEADER 01-09-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9299233)
Geno Smith has GOT to wow everyone in the coming months.

It must happen. I want the Chiefs to believe that he is the consensus #1 pick.

Not playing in the senior bowl or throwing anywhere but at a private workout as I have read elsewhere wouldn't seem to support this line of thinking.

Coogs 01-09-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9299360)
Luke will be taken number 1.

But not by the Chiefs.

You didn't read the OP did you?

Quote:

Even if Joeckel slides past the Chiefs, though, he will find no shortage of teams interested in his talent — so much so, in a few cases, that the rest of the top 5 (Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia and Detroit) might be able to swing a draft-day trade contingent on Joeckel’s availability.
Now, not sure why the Chiefs couldn't swing a draft-day trade... but apparently the other 4 teams can. :shrug:

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9299350)
It would almost be worth it to get rid of some of you drama queens.

How many times recently have you said "I'll be done"? How many times have you actually been done?

as you seem to care, you should be able to answer that question

enlighten us all

htismaqe 01-09-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9299266)
If they even trot Cassel out there to compete for the QB spot, the honeymoon will be over for Reid and the rest of the new regime before they even hit the sheets.

Not a wise idea.

That's why they won't do it.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9299385)
as you seem to care, you should be able to answer that question

enlighten us all

He's just pissed off because we won't let him be in the cool kids club.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9299350)
It would almost be worth it to get rid of some of you drama queens.

How many times recently have you said "I'll be done"? How many times have you actually been done?

I know you're unfamiliar with how the world works, but try to listen carefully.

We say, "I'm done if _______" where _______ is a thing that has to happen for us to be done.

I and many others have thus far only said "I'm leaving this team if ***** is still here."

***** is not here.

Therefore, I have not left the team.

Do you understand now? So now I can say "I'm leaving if the Chiefs draft a tackle at #1 overall"

Let's see if they draft a tackle at #1 overall.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9299392)
He's just pissed off because we won't let him be in the cool kids club.

meh..i'm glad people cry when they read my posts

i've been pretty consistent...get rid of pioli, draft a QB

in the absence of either, I'm finding something else to waste my life on...i don't give a fat **** who the coach is

RunKC 01-09-2013 09:53 AM

Nobody is going to trade up to the number 1 pick for Joekel, especially since Taylor Lewan has looked outstanding and could be just as good.

Nobody is going to give a shit load up for Joekel. He's good, but you trade up to number 1 overall for generational talents.

I guarantee you we won't trade out of 1.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9299364)
Not playing in the senior bowl or throwing anywhere but at a private workout as I have read elsewhere wouldn't seem to support this line of thinking.

Not playing in the Senior Bowl and not throwing anywhere but private workouts for teams indicates to me, that Smith's agent/advisors are hearing he doesn't NEED to do that to raise his stock.

Either:
1) His agent/advisors are off base and making a big mistake
2) His agent/advisors know something the average "Expert" doesn't when it comes to Geno's stock amongst NFL scouting departments and teams.

I'd put my money on option 2.

crossbow 01-09-2013 10:01 AM

These writers are playing the percentages. They know that the Chiefs hate to draft QBs. In 30 years the Chiefs haven't drafted one in the first round so that is what they are predicting will happen again. Reid will take a QB in round one because he knows there isn't one on the team now.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9299415)
Not playing in the Senior Bowl and not throwing anywhere but private workouts for teams indicates to me, that Smith's agent/advisors are hearing he doesn't NEED to do that to raise his stock.

Either:
1) His agent/advisors are off base and making a big mistake
2) His agent/advisors know something the average "Expert" doesn't when it comes to Geno's stock amongst NFL scouting departments and teams.

I'd put my money on option 2.

This.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299407)
Nobody is going to trade up to the number 1 pick for Joekel, especially since Taylor Lewan has looked outstanding and could be just as good.

Nobody is going to give a shit load up for Joekel. He's good, but you trade up to number 1 overall for generational talents.

I guarantee you we won't trade out of 1.

Wait, wait.... are you saying that:

1) Luke Joeckel IS NOT a generational talent at his position (similar to Andrew Luck or Orlando Pace or Jon Ogden)

2) There are other Ts in the draft who are almost as good, and better in some people's eyes, than Joeckel?

Aren't those the reasons it is "dumb" to take a QB at No. 1? Or at least the most commonly cited reason it is a reach?

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9299423)
These writers are playing the percentages. They know that the Chiefs hate to draft QBs. In 30 years the Chiefs haven't drafted one in the first round so that is what they are predicting will happen again. Reid will take a QB in round one because he knows there isn't one on the team now.

Also... Smith selected a smaller, lesser known and less powerful agent/group to represent him. If he had signed with, say, CAA, and had Tom Condon representing him...

I would bet everything that the talking heads would be pushing Geno Smith at No. 1 like crazy.

The early draft hype is all about how well and how much the agent pulls the "big-name" media guys' strings.

Rausch 01-09-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9299415)

The hype is better than the product...