ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303024)

DaneMcCloud 06-29-2017 02:22 PM

From some of Disney's merchandising partners:

“One month ago, a Han Solo sizzle reel was shown to Disney licensees and people were very impressed with it. They were especially impressed with Glover and Ehrenreich. Alden will do just fine as young Han.”

Hammock Parties 07-09-2017 07:33 PM

awesome...also an homage to the carbon chamber

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEUCeX5UQAElSJl.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEUCeZcVwAAWIbg.jpg

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2017 07:41 PM

Here's what I was told today. Take it for what it's worth but it's from a big time cinematographer:

"You don't **** with Lawrence Kasdan".

FYI, he was so pissed off with the dailies and the script variations that he hopped on a jet from LA and flew as fast as possible to London.

He's a legacy guy and carries a lot of weight.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12949884)
awesome...also an homage to the carbon chamber

That's a Kasdan scene that Lord and Miller shot.

Hopefully, it stays (or a variation).

Gadzooks 07-10-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12949898)
Here's what I was told today. Take it for what it's worth but it's from a big time cinematographer:

FYI, he was so pissed off with the dailies and the script variations that he hopped on a jet from LA and flew as fast as possible to London.

Did you get any insight on how Lord and Miller "****ed" with Kasdan? Was it just the tampering with the script? (that would be enough, I suppose).

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12951094)
Did you get any insight on how Lord and Miller "****ed" with Kasdan? Was it just the tampering with the script? (that would be enough, I suppose).

Yes, Lord & Miller deviated from the script so heinously that Kasdan lost his shit. After consulting with KK, they fired Lord & Miller.

Gadzooks 07-10-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12951138)
Yes, Lord & Miller deviated from the script so heinously that Kasdan lost his shit. After consulting with KK, they fired Lord & Miller.

Oh, okay. So, they didn't **** his wife or anything...
Kasdan's just being an old school hard ass. Nothing wrong with that when you have his reputation.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 12951162)
Oh, okay. So, they didn't **** his wife or anything...
Kasdan's just being an old school hard ass. Nothing wrong with that when you have his reputation.

Yeah, the guy wrote the script for Empire and ROTJ, he co-wrote Epi 7, wrote and directed Silverado and The Big Chill, wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and so on.

That's not a guy you mess with.

NewChief 07-10-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12951183)
Yeah, the guy wrote the script for Empire and ROTJ, he co-wrote Epi 7, wrote and directed Silverado and The Big Chill, wrote the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and so on.

That's not a guy you mess with.

Don't forget the Accidental Tourist!

I only know this because I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text. God graduate school sucked.

DaneMcCloud 07-10-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12951537)
Don't forget the Accidental Tourist!

I only know this because I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text. God graduate school sucked.

LMAO

Hammock Parties 07-10-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 12951537)
I wrote an essay on the male gaze In the movie and how Kasdan's choices separated the film from the original text.

That would legit turn me into a homosexual.

Red Brooklyn 07-11-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12949900)
That's a Kasdan scene that Lord and Miller shot.

Hopefully, it stays (or a variation).

Just to clarify: are those images older images from before L&M were fired? Or are those new images from a recent/new shoot that Howard is re-doing?

Deberg_1990 07-11-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12949898)

wow, yea, that was pretty ballsy if thats what happened.

DaneMcCloud 07-11-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 12952821)
Just to clarify: are those images older images from before L&M were fired? Or are those new images from a recent/new shoot that Howard is re-doing?

Yes, before firing Lord & Miller.

Shooting doesn't begin until next week.

Red Brooklyn 07-11-2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12953007)
Yes, before firing Lord & Miller.

Shooting doesn't begin until next week.

Cool.

I thought they already starting shooting again. Didn't Howard post a couple of really minor funny photos from set?

Either way. I'm glad the photos are from L&M's time. Thanks.