ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs having internal meetings about changes to defensive coaching staff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320766)

DRM08 01-21-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14062183)
He’ll be fine. What if Reid is that coach that is an obstacle in the Chiefs winning a superbowl. Do you keep Reid?

Give him another year or two to keep developing Mahomes. Then dump Reid if you want a cultural change.

dirk digler 01-21-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14062195)
One just stared at the house while it burned while the other actively lobbed grenades into the fire. Both resulted in a burned house, but at least Sutton never dropped a nose tackle into coverage on 3rd and 13.

You sure about that? :)

dirk digler 01-21-2019 08:10 PM

Bob Sutton did have Justin Houston covering Antonio Brown a few tims in the playoff game. That is pretty damnable in of itself.

Sutton really should have been fired after the Colts playoff game debacle though.

chinaski 01-21-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14062196)
If sutton runs the defense again next year it will be the same result

I don't get what the **** is wrong with Andy Reids brain that he can't understand that bob sutton can't do this job. Players will never relate to that guy and he is a liability. The Loyalty take about reid is on point. Sorry, bob sutton isn't going to do shit except hold back our team. I guess if Andy knew what needed to be done to win a superbowl he would have a ring by now though.

I think Reid has a "save them from themselves" complex that started with the death of his son. Judging from some of the articles posted here prior to the AFCCG, he seems to have made it a mission to help people?

In the case of Sutton, you can't save somebody that is incapable of being saved.

I admire Reid's loyalty, I really do. From a loyalty and morality standpoint, his personality is on point. I'm not a clinical psychologist, but it's probably this aspect of his disposition that stokes the flames of loyalty and family among his players and staff.

But it is his downfall as well. I've been in supervisory roles. I loved the people that worked under me. But when the chips were down, sometimes I had to go on the rampage and throw people under the bus for the "greater good" - I didn't like it, but sometimes you have to put on the big boy pants and lay down the law.

Respect goes both ways.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2019 08:14 PM

Andy already did it with Alex Smith.

Bob is just as big a problem.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14062226)
Andy already did it with Alex Smith.

Bob is just as big a problem.

Agreed.

The list of failures is just too long anymore, excuses be damned.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 08:20 PM

Sutton has 3 playoff failures on his resume. That's more than enough rope.

petegz28 01-21-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14062236)

3? That's being rather nice

TEX 01-21-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14062220)
Bob Sutton did have Justin Houston covering Antonio Brown a few tims in the playoff game. That is pretty damnable in of itself.

Sutton really should have been fired after the Colts playoff game debacle though.

If not then, certainly after the Tenn game.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

I can blame the first year on lack of talent to fit his system. His Defense wasn't terrible the next few years. Last year... No idea what made us think we should have kept him into 2018.

MahiMike 01-22-2019 10:43 AM

I want to know who specifically is in these meetings. Hopefully just the administration guys and no coaches.

Mecca 01-22-2019 10:47 AM

Guess what...if you guy look at Steven Nelsons PFF grades...he's gonna get paid...CB's get beat now even if they are good.

I'm sure we'll all be baffled when some team pays him well.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14063481)
Guess what...if you guy look at Steven Nelsons PFF grades...he's gonna get paid...CB's get beat now even if they are good.

I'm sure we'll all be baffled when some team pays him well.

I don't care if he gets paid.....as long as it's not us.

Rain Man 01-22-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

This pretty much summarizes it.

The weird thing is that if you look at his playoff history, the Chiefs have given up 162 points in eight playoff games. 20 points yielded per game in this era is really pretty good. But we're 2-6 in this eight games, with three of the losses coming on horrific defensive collapses.

ping2000 01-22-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55 (Post 14061558)
The fact that this isn't even decided yet is disturbing.

This. What a bunch of ****ing reeruns. This isn't complicated. Everyone on the defensive side of the ball BLOWS. **** you Bob. You suck cock. If you aren't going to kill yourself at least resign. What a low life underachieving sack of ****ing crap you are.