ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Peacock exclusive playoff game is stupid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351714)

Dunerdr 01-08-2024 07:08 AM

Just illegally stream it and stick it to the man

BigRichard 01-08-2024 07:23 AM

Everyone needs to find another source to watch this other than Peacock... even if you have Peacock. If you don't they will start sticking it on other paying services. Then you will have to buy this streaming service and that streaming service and the other streaming service just to watch the games.

Mosbonian 01-08-2024 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17324472)
Going to a sports bar to subsidize their cost to show the game just so you can save $6 is peak boomer energy.

So...this "boomer" isn't doing anything more than just gathering with some of my other boomer buddies at one of our groups house to watch the game.

It's a bring your own setup....

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2024 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17324472)
Going to a sports bar to subsidize their cost to show the game just so you can save $6 is peak boomer energy.

I did this throughout my younger years too in protest of the nfls stupid directv agreement. Wow, what a punishment that I have to watch this game around people, beer and wings

007 01-08-2024 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hark Clunt (Post 17324207)
if you're in the KC viewing area, the game is on 41.

Being in Topeka sucks for this. Just out of range for antenna but technically in the broadcast area. Our local stations aren't allowed to carry it.

displacedinMN 01-08-2024 07:58 AM

anyone going to a bar--I would recommend that you call first, just to make sure they have the game. Not sure if any bars have said no to another cost.

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2024 07:59 AM

Also this would be way less of a big deal if peacock had even a tiny bit of respect for fans and offered this for free with no strings attached. If they believe in their platform and content, they can promote their services within the platform during the game. Instead they require you to opt in because they don't think their current content is compelling enough

The other factor I didn't even mention is how this impacts businesses. If this rolls out anything as clunky as it did with college football you'll have a lot of local sports bars pissed off an frustrated at the cost and process of getting this on their TVs

Mr. Plow 01-08-2024 08:05 AM

I haven't been a Peacock fan for a bit, this just helps it along. For a bit I was paying $6 a month to watch SOME of their shows WITH commercials. If I'm paying for your service, I'm paying to avoid commercials and to have access to your full catalog.

dirk digler 01-08-2024 08:13 AM

It sucks to force out of KC area fans to have to pay to watch this. If you are WWE fan you can watch their pay per view this month on your $6. They have some good series on Peacock as well.

Rainbarrel 01-08-2024 08:14 AM

You may be able to watch it on The Today Show. It's just a string of parent company infomercials

ChiefaRoo 01-08-2024 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17324495)
I did this throughout my younger years too in protest of the nfls stupid directv agreement. Wow, what a punishment that I have to watch this game around people, beer and wings

Tits, wings, beer and football… oh the horror.

KCUnited 01-08-2024 08:23 AM

The streams sucked yesterday. I use nflbite and usually pick from the top 3 but was mentioned there was some black and white movie playing on one and the other couple I tried had the Eagles game on when I was clearly selecting the Chiefs game. I finally just went way down the list and found one. Worked fine for the first half then froze in the 2nd so I just went and did other things since it was a backups game.

I have Peacock through Golfpass which may be of interest to some. You get tee time perks, instructional videos (my wifes learning the game) and such. Something to consider if you're on the fence about buying it.

notorious 01-08-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17324354)
They paid $110 million for the game. So at 5.99 per subscription they need a little over 18 million subscription payments from this to break even. They definitely won’t get 18 million individual subscriptions but I’m guessing they are counting on people forgetting to cancel or people just keeping it to make this worthwhile.

They are treating it like a gas station.

Get you there for the fuel and try to sell you overpriced candy bars, food, and cigarettes.

notorious 01-08-2024 08:40 AM

All of the talk about this game being on Peacock is giving them huge advertising. That's what they paid the 110 million for.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-08-2024 08:43 AM

I see Peacock has a student offer for 1.99 / month for 12 months