ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8451950)
Don't confuse opinions with facts. The facts: 4 schools have left. 2 schools have committed to play in the conference next season. Although West Virginia and TCU may not have the history of Nebraska, based on the current status of their respective football programs, they are more than adequate. West Virginia is a very good basketball school, and TCU is probably on the same level of Nebraska or Colorado in basketball.

The Big 12 is probably not done with their membership. Any number of schools are considering moves, and the Big 12 has been mentioned prominently with a number of schools.

I am well aware that a number of fans from Nebraska, Colorado, TAMU and Mizzou not only believe but strongly desire for the Big 12 to fold up like a circus tent.

My opinion? The circus has left town and took their tents with them. The Big 12 is going to be fine...and I know that really pisses off some people.

Wanting the Big XII to fail and thinking it will fail are two very different things. I don't want the Big XII to fail. I think it is bad for the midwest as a region, and bad for college sports. However, given that the survival of the conference is based solely on whether Texas is happy and wants to stay is not something I would want to hang my hat on. Texas is the serial cheater with the wandering eye, you have constantly be careful not to trust them too much.

As long as Texas (some would say OU too, but since OU will do whatever Texas does, it really is up to Texas) decides to continue to stay in the Big XII, the Big XII will be fine. If I were the other members of the Big XII, I would be constantly looking for ways to increase the penalties of leaving the conference....the tougher it is for Texas to leave, the more likely they are to stay, unless the money gained by leaving reaches epic proportions, which one could argue that that is nearly on hand.

So I hope the rumors of the new ESPN deal for the Big XII are true...for two very distinct reasons:

1. It does provide security for the Big XII, which is good for our region of the country, college sports in general, and for Kansas City.

2. It is certain to help drive up the price of the new SEC deal that will be coming, and that certainly will benefit Mizzou.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452501)
Who woulda ever believed trimming the fat that is mu and texas a+m would be this valuable?

Obviously the conference wasn't going anywhere but to make THIS much more $$?

Damn...

Yeah, getting rid of a quality program like Mizzou, along with its millions of viewers and fans, really drove up the price of the tv package. Idiot as usual.

Bambi 03-14-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452536)
Yeah, getting rid of a quality program like Mizzou, along with its millions of viewers and fans, really drove up the price of the tv package. Idiot as usual.

The extension, when combined with the Big 12’s existing Fox TV deal, would bring the conference’s total TV revenue to $2.5 billion through 2025. By SportsBusiness Daily’s calculations, each school in the 10-team league would make $5 million more per year under the new deal, with total TV revenue pushing close to $20 million a year.

It is what it is.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452584)
The extension, when combined with the Big 12’s existing Fox TV deal, would bring the conference’s total TV revenue to $2.5 billion through 2025. By SportsBusiness Daily’s calculations, each school in the 10-team league would make $5 million more per year under the new deal, with total TV revenue pushing close to $20 million a year.

It is what it is.

No kidding, genious. Guess what? If you think the deal is bigger than it would be with Mizzou and A & M, as opposed to WVU and TCU, you truly are an idiot.

The Big XII got a good deal despite losing those two schools, not because they left.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452664)
No kidding, genious. Guess what? If you think the deal is bigger than it would be with Mizzou and A & M, as opposed to WVU and TCU, you truly are an idiot.

The Big XII got a good deal despite losing those two schools, not because they left.

MU - I'd say it would have been bigger. It's a school that dominates it's state and whatever amount of million of people live in it.

eazyb81 03-14-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8451950)
Don't confuse opinions with facts. The facts: 4 schools have left. 2 schools have committed to play in the conference next season. Although West Virginia and TCU may not have the history of Nebraska, based on the current status of their respective football programs, they are more than adequate. West Virginia is a very good basketball school, and TCU is probably on the same level of Nebraska or Colorado in basketball.

The Big 12 is probably not done with their membership. Any number of schools are considering moves, and the Big 12 has been mentioned prominently with a number of schools.

I am well aware that a number of fans from Nebraska, Colorado, TAMU and Mizzou not only believe but strongly desire for the Big 12 to fold up like a circus tent.

My opinion? The circus has left town and took their tents with them. The Big 12 is going to be fine...and I know that really pisses off some people.

Nothing in this rambling reply counters the original point that the Big 12 is effectively dead as a power conference whenever texass decides it can make more money somewhere else.

Given that they have openly flirted with other conferences in each of the last two seasons - including last year after the new mega cool $1BB Fox contract - then how can anyone have confidence they won't do it again?

And most Mizzou fans don't care whether the Big 12 lives or dies. All I care about is Mizzou, and I am thankful we got a life jacket from the best conference in the country.

Messier 03-14-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8452676)
Nothing in this rambling reply counters the original point that the Big 12 is effectively dead as a power conference whenever texass decides it can make more money somewhere else.

Given that they have openly flirted with other conferences in each of the last two seasons - including last year after the new mega cool $1BB Fox contract - then how can anyone have confidence they won't do it again?

And most Mizzou fans don't care whether the Big 12 lives or dies. All I care about is Mizzou, and I am thankful we got a life jacket from the best conference in the country.

Judging by some of the posts by MU fans, I think they do care what happens to the Big 12. I think they openly want it to fail.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8452695)
Judging by some of the posts by MU fans, I think they do care what happens to the Big 12. I think they openly want it to fail.

Yup, most of them actually.

Bambi 03-14-2012 12:53 PM

It's the Wild West boys!

And we're charging into the unknowwwwwwwwn!!!!!!

Bambi 03-14-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452664)

Maybe. I don't know. You could be right.

There's so many zeros involved now though for the Big 12 schools that it doesn't really matter.

Championships matter. And that is what I want my school to focus on moving forward in this great league.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8452712)
Yup, most of them actually.

You could also say that most of the Big XII fans (KU, KSU, etc.) are openly campaigning for Mizzou to fail in the SEC as well. It works both ways. Divorces are a messy business.

kcchiefsus 03-14-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452584)

It is what it is.

You so realize that once the SEC TV contracts are renegotiated they will make the Big 12 contract look minuscule in comparison.

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452743)
Maybe. I don't know. You could be right.

There's so many zeros involved now though for the Big 12 schools that it doesn't really matter.

Championships matter. And that is what I want my school to focus on moving forward in this great league.

Which league has won the National Championship the last six years?

kcchiefsus 03-14-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8452796)

Which is why the SEC TV contract will dwarf that of the Big 12.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452761)
You could also say that most of the Big XII fans (KU, KSU, etc.) are openly campaigning for Mizzou to fail in the SEC as well. It works both ways. Divorces are a messy business.

I actually think they'll do decent next year with their football schedule - I'm not sure they'll be the doormat of the SEC that a lot seem to. Honestly, I think they'll do a little worse, maybe as well as, they did in the Big 12 year in/year out.

I'll be honest and say I'd prefer MU in the Big 12. This type of hatred belongs together.

Bambi 03-14-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 8452792)
You so realize that once the SEC TV contracts are renegotiated they will make the Big 12 contract look minuscule in comparison.

When is that going to be?

Bambi 03-14-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why the southern teams are the best in football. But colleges compete in many other sports besides football.

43 percent of the NFL's defensive linemen went to high school in the following 10 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1p7YsLR11

Frazod 03-14-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452761)

Big Texas will continue to be what it is - Bevo & the Goon lording over their lackeys. I figure Kansas State will be the new Missouri - the best team from one of those "other places" that the powers don't care about. They'll be the ones getting shafted in bowl selections and losing close games on questionable/ridiculous calls.

But that's okay, since you can't spell one who sucks the penis without KSU, either. :thumb:

kcchiefsus 03-14-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452852)
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why the southern teams are the best in football. But colleges compete in many other sports besides football.

43 percent of the NFL's defensive linemen went to high school in the following 10 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1p7YsLR11

As far as money is concerned nobody gives a shit about the other sports. Football is where the money is.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 8452875)
As far as money is concerned nobody gives a shit about the other sports. Football is where the money is.

Oh man, now you've done it. Wickedson is now going to inform you all about KU's ball busting third tier rights deal, and tell that the bball tourney is the be all end all of college revenue.

Bambi 03-14-2012 01:39 PM

I believe in an even balance of income.

No big deal.

Advertisers spend more on CBB than they do on CFB.

I don't make the rules.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8452898)
I believe in an even balance of income.

You're welcome.

Love,

Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8452957)
You're welcome.

Love,

Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, and Missouri
Posted via Mobile Device

No kidding. If none of those schools had left, it would be foolish to think the Big XII would have made any moves towards equal revenue sharing.

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8452961)
No kidding. If none of those schools had left, it would be foolish to think the Big XII would have made any moves towards equal revenue sharing.

Missouri really pushed Texas to share more revenue. The other teams should really be thanking Missouri instead of exhibiting so much bitterness.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8452965)
Missouri really pushed Texas to share more revenue. The other teams should really be thanking Missouri instead of exhibiting so much bitterness.

I would agree, Mizzou pushed harder than the others. Nebraska and CU left because they just did not want to be here anymore. I think Mizzou wanted to stay, but just could not buy into Texas staying. If Texas/OU had not openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day after everyone committed to the conference, I think Mizzou stays. Once that happened, Mizzou was not willing to believe anything coming out of Austin.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8452965)

I don't think it's bitterness - I think it's just the mutual hate that both sides have displayed for years.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8453006)
I would agree, Mizzou pushed harder than the others. Nebraska and CU left because they just did not want to be here anymore. I think Mizzou wanted to stay, but just could not buy into Texas staying. If Texas/OU had not openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day after everyone committed to the conference, I think Mizzou stays. Once that happened, Mizzou was not willing to believe anything coming out of Austin.

Wait....is "the day after" the same day that MU wouldn't fully commit to the Big 12?

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453014)
I don't think it's bitterness - I think it's just the mutual hate that both sides have displayed for years.

Listen to Keitzman (or any of his callers) for five seconds; it is clearly bitterness.

Bambi 03-14-2012 02:15 PM

Thanks MU! Good luck!

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8453037)
Listen to Keitzman (or any of his callers) for five seconds; it is clearly bitterness.

Fair enough. I don't listen, nor obviously participate in any of those radio shows.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453022)
Wait....is "the day after" the same day that MU wouldn't fully commit to the Big 12?

No, that was later. Mizzou was still a proud member of the Big XII conference.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8453064)
No, that was later. Mizzou was still a proud member of the Big XII conference.

If I remember correctly, and I very well may not be..... Once A&M left, MU never would commit to the Big 12 even after all the schools, including Texas & Oklahoma, signed over TV rights.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453077)
If I remember correctly, and I very well may not be..... Once A&M left, MU never would commit to the Big 12 even after all the schools, including Texas & Oklahoma, signed over TV rights.

I think you're right. The writing was on the wall and Mizzou actually wanted to he honest with the other schools. Not do a fake ass commitment then go try to make a deal with the Pac the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453077)

The Big XII had a meeting. Everyone agreed that they wanted to keep the conference together (except for A & M, they were on the verge of their SEC announcement). The next day, the headline was not "Big XII Solidarity"...it was "Texas and OU are in negotiations with the Pac-12". This was before the signing over of TV rights was considered a possibility.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8453089)
I think you're right. The writing was on the wall and Mizzou actually wanted to he honest with the other schools. Not do a fake ass commitment then go try to make a deal with the Pac the next day.
Posted via Mobile Device

It could be I suppose. Gary Pinkel explained it in a KK interview after it was all said and done. Wonder if it is still floating around on the 810 website.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 02:42 PM

I believe during one of the empty commitments to the conference MU abstained. They were already done with the league and decided to just make it known. Whatever the exact timeline was escapes me at this moment.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 02:46 PM

This is what I was referring to, this is what Pinkel said to KK:

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=1271

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8453226)
This is what I was referring to, this is what Pinkel said to KK:

http://www.greghallkc.com/?p=1271

Good find. Yeah this conference is the epitome of stability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 03-14-2012 03:28 PM

Looks like another round of whack a mole was played today. Well done gents.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8453410)
Looks like another round of whack a mole was played today. Well done gents.

It beats talking about the Chiefs at this point...thinking about them just puts me in a foul mood.

Braincase 03-14-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8453260)
Good find. Yeah this conference is the epitome of stability.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good christ. I have more insider knowledge about what's happening with the Big 12 conference than Jack Harry. He knows jack shit. Nice to know I'm one notch above that walking excuse for retroactive abortion.

Braincase 03-14-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

A league without Missouri in it?

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8453671)
Good christ. I have more insider knowledge about what's happening with the Big 12 conference than Jack Harry. He knows jack shit. Nice to know I'm one notch above that walking excuse for retroactive abortion.

I was referring to the Pinkel comments. I only read about the first half of the article to be honest. I didn't even see Jack Harry's name mentioned.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8453677)
A league without Missouri in it?

A league that wanted Missouri.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8453696)
A league that wanted Missouri's tv's.

Fyp.

Pitt Gorilla 03-14-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453718)
Fyp.

LMAO No bitterness whatsoever.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8453739)
LMAO No bitterness whatsoever.

LMAO

Bitterness is the new jealous.

|Zach| 03-14-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8453748)
LMAO

Bitterness is the new jealous.

Good riddance is the new no other big conference would want you.

Spott 03-14-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

I didn't realize it until I looked it up, but the SEC also has 5 of the last 20 NCAA tournament champions(second only to the ACC who has 7) and 8 total championship game appearances. FWIW, the Big 12 has 1 championship in 2 appearances in the championship game during that same span.

Braincase 03-14-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8453816)
I didn't realize it until I looked it up, but the SEC also has 5 of the last 20 NCAA tournament champions(second only to the ACC who has 7) and 8 total championship game appearances. FWIW, the Big 12 has 1 championship in 2 appearances in the championship game during that same span.

So, there ya go! You can put up some banners for that!

Spott 03-14-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454178)
So, there ya go! You can put up some banners for that!

I was just stating a fact, not an opinion.

Braincase 03-14-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8454241)
I was just stating a fact, not an opinion.

I was pointing out the ludicrous nature of "conference pride". Mizzou fans are taking so much pride in a conference they haven't even joined yet. It's as if you are already redefining your identity based on SEC membership.

How about taking a bit of ****ing pride in just being Mizzou? Screw all the conference crap and the rivalry crap and just be proud of what you are based on your own history?

Sorry... I guess that's more of a KU thing.

WilliamTheIrish 03-14-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8452864)
Big Texas will continue to be what it is - Bevo & the Goon lording over their lackeys. I figure Kansas State will be the new Missouri - the best team from one of those "other places" that the powers don't care about. They'll be the ones getting shafted in bowl selections and losing close games on questionable/ridiculous calls.

But that's okay, since you can't spell one who sucks the penis without KSU, either. :thumb:

As another member of the famed moderators "inner circle" I can only state unequivocally that I think you're being mean to us K-Staters. I bear neither you nor your fridge, nor the SEC any ill will.

With MU or without, I'm feeling like Scrooge McDuck swimming in his pool of gold coins.

(Just realized you can't spell one who sucks the penis-edMc w/o McDuck either.)

Saul Good 03-14-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454323)
I was pointing out the ludicrous nature of "conference pride". Mizzou fans are taking so much pride in a conference they haven't even joined yet. It's as if you are already redefining your identity based on SEC membership.

How about taking a bit of ****ing pride in just being Mizzou? Screw all the conference crap and the rivalry crap and just be proud of what you are based on your own history?

Conference pride is ludicrous. /KU fan

We won't play Mizzou because they weren't loyal to the conference. /KU fan

Braincase 03-14-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8454350)
Conference pride is ludicrous. /KU fan

We won't play Mizzou because they weren't loyal to the conference. /KU fan

We won't play you because a bunch of ****stains in Columbia have actively tried to destroy the Big 12 for years. You flirt with the Big 12, and they said "Thanks, but no thanks", then you put on your kneepads and demonstrated your deep throat action on the SEC, then came back with, "Look, we got invited!".

You've said, "We want nothing to do with the Big 12". Guess what numbnuts? KU is in the Big 12, and we're accommodating you.

And all of a sudden, the Big 12 is a LOT more stable.

mnchiefsguy 03-14-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454376)
We won't play you because a bunch of ****stains in Columbia have actively tried to destroy the Big 12 for years. You flirt with the Big 12, and they said "Thanks, but no thanks", then you put on your kneepads and demonstrated your deep throat action on the SEC, then came back with, "Look, we got invited!".

You've said, "We want nothing to do with the Big 12". Guess what numbnuts? KU is in the Big 12, and we're accommodating you.

Wow, for someone who has been touting facts the last few pages, this is a whole lot of butthurt opinion.

|Zach| 03-14-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

I love it when you get all emotional. Your generally common sense takes turn into silly middle school girl rants.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-14-2012 06:51 PM

No shit. I think once actual football starts back up most of this shit will die and we will focus on our teams. I'm actually excited to see the team we field this year and just how dominant DGB is, conference bullshit be damned.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 03-14-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

First, http://bjays.files.wordpress.com/200...e-law-blog.jpg

Second, do you have a link for the kneepads bit?

Stanley Nickels 03-14-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Oklahoma was an Oklahoma State away from being in the PAC-12. Seriously. Oklahoma reps passed legislature that bound OU to OSU, and the PAC didn't want the academics (or lack thereof) that OSU would bring to the conference.

There is a lot, LOT, of evidence that Texas would've quickly followed suit in that move with OU.

The members of this conference have constantly kept their options open publicly, while privately flirting with any decent suitor who would listen. You can strawman this and claim that Missouri's Big 10 flirtation started it, but that's logically wrong.

Braincase 03-14-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8454387)
I love it when you get all emotional. Your generally common sense takes turn into silly middle school girl rants.

I just get pissed off about dumbshits taking so much ****ing pride in a conference they've never belonged to. Hey, look how green their grass is!

**** them.

I got sick of that shit when I was at Wichita State. WSU did everything they could to compare themselves KState and KU. I got sick of it. And after I moved on, the resentment for KU and KState grew even worse in the professional realm. I moved to Lawrence and saw what it was like to be here. KU doesn't envy Mizzou, North Carolina, Duke, Alabama, LSU, Harvard, Oxford or Stanford. KU knows who they are and are working hard to be the best they can be, without a bunch of petty jealousy.

But by all means. Wave your banner high.

Tell the world. WE'RE THE SEC! Oh, and we're mizzou.

Braincase 03-14-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8454423)
First, http://bjays.files.wordpress.com/200...e-law-blog.jpg

Second, do you have a link for the kneepads bit?

Can't show the video here. It's a violation of the TOS.

|Zach| 03-14-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454445)
I just get pissed off about dumbshits taking so much ****ing pride in a conference they've never belonged to. Hey, look how green their grass is!

**** them.

I got sick of that shit when I was at Wichita State. WSU did everything they could to compare themselves KState and KU. I got sick of it. And after I moved on, the resentment for KU and KState grew even worse in the professional realm. I moved to Lawrence and saw what it was like to be here. KU doesn't envy Mizzou, North Carolina, Duke, Alabama, LSU, Harvard, Oxford or Stanford. KU knows who they are and are working hard to be the best they can be, without a bunch of petty jealousy.

We are all up under your skin dude. Good luck with all that.

DeezNutz 03-14-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454456)
Can't show the video here. It's a violation of the TOS.

Is it possible that the SEC actually wanted Missouri? That it wasn't a "favor"? That the University of Missouri was seen, by the conference, as a strong and desirable addition, even though the conference passed on the likes of West Virginia?

|Zach| 03-14-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8454465)
Is it possible that the SEC actually wanted Missouri? That it wasn't a "favor"? That the University of Missouri was seen, by the conference, as a strong and desirable addition, even though the conference passed on the likes of West Virginia?

Meanwhile Texas and Oklahoma are falling over themselves to try and figure out a good way to bolt.

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454445)

**** them.

So do you care about Mizzou, or do you not care about Mizzou?

Spott 03-14-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454323)

I will continue to root against all of SEC schools(especially Florida) like I always have when Mizzou starts up again next year. I actually think that the Big 12 is a better overall basketball conference than the SEC and I was a little surprised that they had had that much success in basketball considering which is why I posted it. Although now it looks like the SEC East is going to be pretty tough for a while.

I honestly think it's pretty silly when fans of other teams start beating their chests because one of their rivals wins a title. It's not like Alabama is going to share their title with Florida or LSU or anyone else in the conference.

Besides the better recruiting possibilities in football will come from joining the SEC, I just wanted to join the conference to screw the Texas schools and so I can see Mizzou play in person since I live about an hour from Gainesville.

Braincase 03-14-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8454497)
So do you care about Mizzou, or do you not care about Mizzou?

I care about my fellow man. And when my fellow man creates this false sense of identity based on association rather than that sense of identity coming from withing, it's unhealthy. Is that clear.

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8454512)
I will continue to root against all of SEC schools(especially Florida) like I always have when Mizzou starts up again next year. I actually think that the Big 12 is a better overall basketball conference than the SEC and I was a little surprised that they had had that much success in basketball considering which is why I posted it. Although now it looks like the SEC East is going to be pretty tough for a while.

I honestly think it's pretty silly when fans of other teams start beating their chests because one of their rivals wins a title. It's not like Alabama is going to share their title with Florida or LSU or anyone else in the conference.

Besides the better recruiting possibilities in football will come from joining the SEC, I just wanted to join the conference to screw the Texas schools and so I can see Mizzou play in person since I live about an hour from Gainesville.

The reason to be excited about the success of the conference is that there is a synergistic effect. When you are in a league with great teams and a reputation for winning, players want to play in that league. Look at how many players MU and KU get from Texas because they want to play against Texas. Now, Mizzou gets players who want to play in the same league as Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, and Georgia.

Those are high-profile games. They draw huge crowds. They get on national television, and the kids get massive exposure. This is attractive to kids. It's also attractive to advertisers who pay huge money for television contracts. This money is used to fund the athletic department for facilities, coaching, etc.

Conference affiliation matters. It matters greatly. Anyone who says otherwise isn't in a great conference.

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454558)
I care about my fellow man. And when my fellow man creates this false sense of identity based on association rather than that sense of identity coming from withing, it's unhealthy. Is that clear.

...says the guy on a Chiefs message board and with little Jayhawks in his signature line and a note about the conference titles the Jayhawks have won even though he has never scored a point for either team.

Almost sounds like you've created an identity based on association with the Jayhawks basketball team. Maybe you should talk to a shrink or something.

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:33 PM

Also, last time I checked, Florida had won a couple of basketball championships and a couple of football championships recently yet DaKCMan AP has "SEC" references both under his name and in his sig line.

Braincase 03-14-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8454573)
...says the guy on a Chiefs message board and with little Jayhawks in his signature line and a note about the conference titles the Jayhawks have won even though he has never scored a point for either team.

Almost sounds like you've created an identity based on association with the Jayhawks basketball team. Maybe you should talk to a shrink or something.

Yeah. I'm obviously deranged. What board are we on again?

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454607)
Yeah. I'm obviously deranged. What board are we on again?

What does the board you're on have to do with anything (not that it's a KU board, anyway)? You said that you're worried about people who build identity by association rather than finding it from within.

Unless you've sunk a jumper for the Jayhawks or caught a TD pass for the Chiefs, it appears to me that you're being hypocritical. Of course, you're a hypocrite, so you're just being you.

DeezNutz 03-14-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454558)

We were never your fellows because we're better than you, which is why we were invited to the SEC.

Hi, gas. Meet fire.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8454475)
Meanwhile Texas and Oklahoma are falling over themselves to try and figure out a good way to bolt.

Neither are going anywhere for 6 yrs, without heavy exit fees.

Braincase 03-14-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8454623)
What does the board you're on have to do with anything (not that it's a KU board, anyway)? You said that you're worried about people who build identity by association rather than finding it from within.

Unless you've sunk a jumper for the Jayhawks or caught a TD pass for the Chiefs, it appears to me that you're being hypocritical. Of course, you're a hypocrite, so you're just being you.

Congrats on your time with the Chiefs! Dude, I had no idea! Closest I get to the a Chiefs guy is coaching alongside a former Chief with my youth football team. YOU are the MOTHER ****ING MAN!

DeezNutz 03-14-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454645)
Congrats on your time with the Chiefs! Dude, I had no idea! Closest I get to the a Chiefs guy is coaching alongside a former Chief with my youth football team. YOU are the MOTHER ****ING MAN!

We're all fans here. Therefore, can you just admit that the "building identity from within" line was complete bullshit?

You think there's a single MU fan touting that he's SEC first and Mizzou second? Really?

kstater 03-14-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadMagic (Post 8454642)
Neither are going anywhere for 6 yrs, without heavy exit fees.

Life of new ESPN deal.

Saul Good 03-14-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8454645)

Holy shit. Let me break this down into even more manageable bites for you.

YOU are the one who said he worried about that. NOT me. YOU. Braincase said it. Not Saul Good.

Therefore, YOU are being a hypocritical dipshit by saying that while beating your chest over the Chiefs and Jayhawks.

It would be hypocritical of me to do the same had I been the one who made that remark. But I didn't...because I'm not a hypocrite...nor am I a dipshit.

ArrowheadMagic 03-14-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 8454654)
Life of new ESPN deal.

Yeah , I would imagine OU/TX will extend their agreements based off the new numbers. The part where it can be renegged with adding teams allows for more stability. July could be an exciting month for the Big XII.