ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012-2013 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265263)

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 09:32 PM

Releford may be the best defender KU has had since B Rush.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 09:37 PM

Back to laziness. Maybe we'll turn it on again before the game is over.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:39 PM

KCC do you live and die by each possession?

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:40 PM

How does Whitey have a triple double

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 09:40 PM

What an absolute ****ing embarrassment yet again from this team.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:41 PM

LOL. KU is being silly...

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9155346)
KCC do you live and die by each possession?

If KU is playing one of their worst home games this decade, yes.

Pablo 11-26-2012 09:42 PM

Holy **** guys. Take off the clown shoes for a minute.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:48 PM

holy crap guys... Play KU basketball.. Go inside, High/Low...

Stop chucking up ducks from the outside...

DJay23 11-26-2012 09:50 PM

God we look like dogshit right now. About halfway through the second half it was 17-2 in favor of KU. Now it's 22-22.

Al Czervik 11-26-2012 09:50 PM

Tharpe is just horrible...bad decisions and bad passes.....ugh

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:52 PM

Whitey with the Triple Dub

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 09:55 PM

Yeah, real great game by these guys, eh?

What a ****ing abortion.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155420)

What a ****ing abortion.

Well to be honest the last 12 minutes have sucked. Until then you were wrong.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155420)

What a ****ing abortion.

I hear MU has room on their SEC bandwagon...

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155427)
Well to be honest the last 12 minutes have sucked. Until then you were wrong.

Not at all. The first 20 minutes sucked just as badly (especially defensively...I showed you the stats). They played to their capabilities for about 7 minutes of this game. It was an utterly terrible all-around performance against one of the worst teams in the NCAA. One of the worst home games played in the Self era to be honest.

DJay23 11-26-2012 10:01 PM

Mercy, MacLemore can get the **** UP.

Great sequence, Withey with the volleyball spike and McLemore with the highlight reel windmill jam.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155446)
Not at all. The first 20 minutes sucked just as badly (especially defensively). They played to their capabilities for about 7 minutes of this game. It was an utterly terrible all-around performance against one of the worst teams in the NCAA. One of the worst home games played in the Self era to be honest.

Well I've heard that you play a few games a year not at your best. If you can do that and still win everything will be just fine.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:02 PM

Congrats to J. Withey with only the second triple double in KU history.

CHENZ A! 11-26-2012 10:02 PM

That kid for San Jose is a baller.

Withey did what Withey does.

Al Czervik 11-26-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155454)
Congrats to J. Withey with only the second triple double in KU history.

Agreed....dude was a beast tonight....

Quite a feat

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155453)
Well I've heard that you play a few games a year not at your best. If you can do that and still win everything will be just fine.

Playing games like that certainly won't help them get anywhere. And it's beyond the point of a few games now. This team hasn't played well in any of the games they've played at AFH yet this season (2 exhibitions, SEMO, CHAT, SJSU). This playing down to competition trend is not a good one at all.

DJay23 11-26-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155446)
Not at all. The first 20 minutes sucked just as badly (especially defensively...I showed you the stats). They played to their capabilities for about 7 minutes of this game. It was an utterly terrible all-around performance against one of the worst teams in the NCAA. One of the worst home games played in the Self era to be honest.

LMAO Worst of the Self era?

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155460)
Playing games like that certainly won't help them get anywhere. And it's beyond the point of a few games now. This team hasn't played well in any of the games they've played at AFH yet this season (2 exhibitions, SEMO, CHAT, SJSU). This playing down to competition trend is not a good one at all.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...k8XdGYyaST9RsA

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9155462)
LMAO Worst of the Self era?

One of the worst home games, yes. They've only lost seven overall at AFH over that time and they were all against far better teams than one of the worst teams in D1 basketball (SJSU). The sad thing is that the Chatanooga game a few weeks back was just as bad...they seemingly learned nothing from it about needing to play with effort.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155463)

Wasn't I the one telling you the MSU loss meant nothing when you were whining about it? LMAO

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155475)
Wasn't I the one telling you the MSU loss meant nothing when you were whining about it? LMAO

So, I want to win the marquis match-ups.

DrunkBassGuitar 11-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155482)

like the marquis de sade?

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155482)

It's marquee, but wins and losses don't matter at all at this stage of the season even with those.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 9155488)
like the marquis de sade?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155490)
It's marquee, but wins and losses don't matter at all at this stage of the season even with those.

Spell check let me down.

chiefsfan987 11-26-2012 10:21 PM

Self sounded pretty pissed on the post game show.

DJay23 11-26-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155474)
One of the worst home games, yes. They've only lost seven overall at AFH over that time and they were all against far better teams than one of the worst teams in D1 basketball (SJSU). The sad thing is that the Chatanooga game a few weeks back was just as bad...they seemingly learned nothing from it about needing to play with effort.

I think Arrowheadhawk is right, just settle down. It's still November. No need to qualify a win or a loss at this point.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9155519)

Any reasonable person would be after that shit. I hope he can do something to wake them up, but as mentioned, this isn't the first time it has happened so far this season. It may take an actual loss to a mediocre/bad team first to get them to change their attitude (which is likely coming at this rate).

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJay23 (Post 9155523)
I think Arrowheadhawk is right, just settle down. It's still November. No need to qualify a win or a loss at this point.

A terrible effort is a terrible effort no matter what month it is and it bodes poorly for this group. The win didn't matter and was never really in question (although it became way closer than I ever thought it would be after letting them go on a 20 point run).

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:30 PM

Gives Self an opportunity to give the lollygaggers speech, though:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pLMl0CLIDLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bearcat 11-26-2012 10:39 PM

Well, are we panicking or not?!?!

noa 11-26-2012 10:42 PM

KU spread the dumb mistakes around tonight. Pretty disappointed in some of the veterans. And I really dislike Kevin Young, particularly his standard reaction of complete shock and surprise when he gets called for a foul. Would much rather see Young get less playing time.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9155564)
Well, are we panicking or not?!?!

Yes, Zach Peters is leaving after this semester. Couldn't take watching this team anymore apparently.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9155570)
KU spread the dumb mistakes around tonight. Pretty disappointed in some of the veterans. And I really dislike Kevin Young, particularly his standard reaction of complete shock and surprise when he gets called for a foul. Would much rather see Young get less playing time.

Tharpe is no better in this respect. Tries to play it off like all of his countless mistakes aren't his fault.

ArrowheadHawk 11-26-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155573)
Yes, Zach Peters is leaving after this semester. Couldn't take watching this team anymore apparently.

It's for health reasons.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2012/n...am-because-he/

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9155580)

So they say.

Bearcat 11-26-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155573)

Okay, then.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...02/oh_noes.gif

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9155590)

What that stick figure drawing said.

Reerun_KC 11-26-2012 10:52 PM

I.don't like November and.December basketball. Feb and March is worthy of debating and.complaints. not freaking November.

ROYC75 11-26-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9155519)

He should be, that was a dismal performance tonight, a real roller coaster ride.

KC_Connection 11-26-2012 11:20 PM

Just heard his presser. He basically said everyone except Withey (and to a lesser extent, Releford) sucked and that they didn't play well in the first half at all either.

BWillie 11-27-2012 12:41 AM

How big do you think Witheys nuts are? Huge. Huge. At least bowling ball size. At least.

No way Peters leaving the program is just injury related. I dont buy im goin home to rest. Take a medical redshirt, get great health care by some of the best doctors out there on KUs dime. Makes no sense.

Tharpe sucked, yes. But he actually has a good Assist to TO ratio on the year. Tharpe can make things happen and get into the lane easily he just doesnt know what to do when he gets there. Elijah is the guy im really down on. He plays like such a pussy. We need him to grab the game by the balls. Hes really not been guarding well lately either, at least the way hes capable of.

KC_Connection 11-27-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9155828)
How big do you think Witheys nuts are? Huge. Huge. At least bowling ball size. At least.

Didn't seem that big when I beat him and Peters in a doubles tennis match last August. It turns out he's not as good at tennis as he is at basketball.

Quote:

No way Peters leaving the program is just injury related. I dont buy im goin home to rest. Take a medical redshirt, get great health care by some of the best doctors out there on KUs dime. Makes no sense.
He wants out to get more playing time somewhere else, I'm sure. Same reason most guys in his situation want out.

Quote:

Tharpe sucked, yes. But he actually has a good Assist to TO ratio on the year. Tharpe can make things happen and get into the lane easily he just doesnt know what to do when he gets there. Elijah is the guy im really down on. He plays like such a pussy. We need him to grab the game by the balls. Hes really not been guarding well lately either, at least the way hes capable of.
Tharpe can't play defense. He's also largely out of control...too out of control to play crunch time minutes. EJ is floating too much. That may just be his style. He seems to only break out for the big games.

Braincase 11-27-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9155586)
So they say.

I'm curious as to how Peters departure might affect KU's chances with Peters' high school teammate, Julius Randle. You figure Peters leaving opens up another scholly, and with the possibility of one other transfer/BMac going pro, that means another scholarship getting freed up.

Dear Lord...two more players in THAT class? Could be Kansas' greatest recruiting class ever.

Silock 11-27-2012 08:05 AM

Obviously not impressed with the effort, but is team will come around. It's just taking longer than usual. In Self I trust.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 08:08 AM

we won, again

Lzen 11-27-2012 09:20 AM

KCC is right in the fact that KU can't continue to put forth that kind of effort and expect to go anywhere come March.

I'm disappointed in EJ, first and foremost because he is a senior and doesn't seem to be playing with a sense of urgency. He's too passive. I saw him attack the hoop just once last night. He needs to do that a lot more.

Young is a player that can drive you crazy. He does a lot of the little things to help a team. But at the same time, he does some bone headed things. Would love to see Ellis or Traylor take a lot of his minutes. But those 2 guys obviously still need some development.

Tharpe shows the occasional flashes that make me believe he can be a good player. The problem is that he makes too many mistakes on offense and doesn't play defense very well.

Last night's game was painful to watch. Especially considering that KU should have blown SJSU out of the water at Allen Fieldhouse. Hopefully, this will be a good teaching tool for Self and staff to really light a fire under these guys.

Congrats to Withey on the triple double.

RockChalk 11-27-2012 09:41 AM

Meh. Win is a win. Plus I doubt BMac shoots the ball that poorly again. He was just off last night.

Self has 5 more weeks to get these guys ready for league play. The talent is there, we just haven't settled in as a team yet.

Pablo 11-27-2012 10:12 AM

I'm most disappointed in EJ so far. He needs to turn that switch on like Tyshawn did last year and be our engine.

teedubya 11-27-2012 11:35 AM

Isn't EJ like 80% right now? He had leg surgery, right? So, he's probably not one-hundred percent confident... I'd expect his game to elevate as he gets stronger.... and when he puts his shoes on.

Buehler445 11-27-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9156541)
Isn't EJ like 80% right now? He had leg surgery, right? So, he's probably not one-hundred percent confident... I'd expect his game to elevate as he gets stronger.... and when he puts his shoes on.

I was thinking that last night. But couldn't remember if it was ever disclosed what the surgery was.

I'm kind of with Connection. As young as this team is they need to use games like this to gel and get the ball rolling for league. This team has a **** of a long way to go and really not all that many (fairly) meaningless games to get it there. This team needs progress and I've said it before in this thread, the progress doesn't happen without effort.

Withey played well last night, even though he was about the only one to show up. But at the end when things got tight, he did a shit terrible job at jumping for all the pump fakes and got away with several fouls. He has to cut that nonsense out. This team is fairly boned if Withey gets in foul trouble. Either way, a triple double is a big deal, and I'm glad he got it.

The rest of the team pretty much played like warmed over nutsack. Releford, I thought had a nice game defensively, but missed on some big stops late. EJ hit a couple big shots, but I thought he needed to be more aggressive and didn't do well defensively. Traylor had some decent post position, but never got the ball. Maybe he wasn't as open as I thought. Young did some good things, but really doesn't help this team much. At least he's better than last year, where he was good for 2 points for the opposing team. Wesley is really terrible.

Team needs to get their head out of their ass.

KC_Connection 11-27-2012 09:17 PM

It's all about giving effort at this point of the season and that certainly hasn't been there consistently at all. This team needs to learn that it's not talented enough to just float around for most of the game and win (against half-decent teams that aren't SJSU, anyway).

shitgoose 11-27-2012 09:23 PM

EJ hurt his knee in the STL game. Self was quoted as saying "He had no juice" for the game against SJSU.

Wake me up in January when we start conference play. Whether we beat nobody teams by 13 or 31 doesn't matter much to me right now.

ArrowheadHawk 11-27-2012 09:28 PM

On another note, Indiana looks legit.

Ceej 11-27-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9158264)
On another note, Indiana looks legit.

That ain't no lie.

Who replaced this B1G team with a different one?

Buehler445 11-27-2012 11:26 PM

Indiana looks legit, but Zeller looks pedestrian. He is incredibly limited physically. He works hard on offense, but he really isn't very good.

To help them out though, UNC played like used hooker.

KC_Connection 11-27-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9158536)
Indiana looks legit, but Zeller looks pedestrian. He is incredibly limited physically. He works hard on offense, but he really isn't very good.

To help them out though, UNC played like used hooker.

He's projected as a top 5 pick right now, but I don't get that at all. Don't seem him making a real impact in the NBA considering his physical limits.

BWillie 11-28-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9158561)
He's projected as a top 5 pick right now, but I don't get that at all. Don't seem him making a real impact in the NBA considering his physical limits.

If I was an NBA gm id probably draft Plumlee ahead of him. At least he has the physical tools. Im not sold on Zeller either.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-30-2012 04:31 PM

Anyone have a link for tonight's game?

DJay23 11-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9165224)
Anyone have a link for tonight's game?

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1562...10-kansas.html

I find firstrowsports streams for KU games to be really slow and choppy *sometimes* compared to watching soccer but it's something. Sometimes they can be ok though. Plus lots of pop ups, some of them not so wholesome.

KC_Connection 11-30-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9158620)
If I was an NBA gm id probably draft Plumlee ahead of him. At least he has the physical tools. Im not sold on Zeller either.

I like Alex Len (Maryland) and Otto Porter (Georgetown) from what I've seen so far this year. McLemore projects as a lottery pick, too, he's been more impressive than I thought he'd be and I think he could score in the NBA.

I'm sure Shabazz will play his way into being the #1 pick, but I haven't seen enough of him yet. Kentucky's freshman have been underwhelming so far, but that will probably change as the season goes on.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-30-2012 07:01 PM

Nevermind, I forgot I have ESPN3

Pablo 11-30-2012 07:28 PM

McLemore is so ridiculously smooth for a player that young.

KCFalcon59 11-30-2012 07:30 PM

McLemore is feeling it tonight. JFC he is smooth.

Pablo 11-30-2012 07:30 PM

HOLY SHIT IN A SOCK.

SO SO SO SO NASTY.

Ceej 11-30-2012 07:33 PM

I just painted my walls with jizz after that McLemore dunk.

KC_Connection 11-30-2012 07:35 PM

Self said McLemore was the "best kid he's ever coached." High praise, indeed, considering the talents like Chalmers and Rush he's had. I can see it, though.

Pablo 11-30-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9165457)
I just painted my walls with jizz after that McLemore dunk.

Yeah, I had to go put a fresh pair of undies on. I blasted a hole through my others with a super-raging erection.

Ceej 11-30-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 9165461)
Yeah, I had to go put a fresh pair of undies on. I blasted a hole through my others with a super-raging erection.

My walls needed a recoating anyway.

High gloss.

Reerun_KC 11-30-2012 07:43 PM

Hi peeps.

Ceej 11-30-2012 07:51 PM

Calm down Kevin Young. It's three free throws.

Jackass.

KC_Connection 11-30-2012 07:51 PM

They're like -14 points without McLemore now. Terrible since he went out.

KC_Connection 11-30-2012 07:52 PM

Young, Tharpe, and White are a bunch of scrubs.

KC_Connection 11-30-2012 07:52 PM

Tharpe benched for Evan Manning. LMAO

Ceej 11-30-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9165486)
Young, Tharpe, and White are a bunch of scrubs.

I can give White a pass as a true freshman who can supposedly shoot.

The other two have no excuses.