ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CHIEFS ***OFFICIALLY*** SIGN TYLER BRAY (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272676)

Mr. Arrowhead 06-06-2013 02:54 PM

http://lolsheaven.com/wp-content/upl...Gun-On-You.jpg

Mr. Laz 06-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9733251)
Nick Jacobs‏@Jacobs714m
Of the QBs. Alex Smith is the most accurate & understands the offense very well along with adjustments. Bray has best arm but work to do.

Bray needs to ride the pine for a year or 2 regardless of how much people cry.

He needs to grow up and get his mechanics down before he starts trying to sling it

Dunerdr 06-06-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9733463)
Bray needs to ride the pine for a year or 2 regardless of how much people cry.

He needs to grow up and get his mechanics down before he starts trying to sling it

Hes already slingin it to andys wife, clarks wife, stanzis boyfriend(not scott pioli the other one), and mr tomahawk.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-06-2013 08:16 PM

Tyler Bray ‏@tbrayvol8 8m
Watching the game on the smallest tv. http://instagram.com/p/aPYrg-wQuc/

In58men 06-06-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9734619)
Tyler Bray ‏@tbrayvol8 8m
Watching the game on the smallest tv. http://instagram.com/p/aPYrg-wQuc/

I commented!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to talk with him

Tribal Warfare 06-06-2013 10:25 PM

Bray makes an impression

Tyler Bray came to the Chiefs in April as an undrafted rookie but finished offseason practice as a strong contender to become their third quarterback behind Alex Smith and Chase Daniel. Ricky Stanzi is also on the roster but Bray was the third quarterback and received more snaps than Stanzi for most of practice.

“He did a real nice job,’’ coach Andy Reid said. “He’s in a good room (with the other quarterbacks). He’s got good examples around him as players and he’s got coaches that have played the game and the position. So he’s embraced that and really focused in. He really improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge, just taking everything in. I was impressed.’’

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/06...#storylink=cpy

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-06-2013 10:30 PM

This is the only meaningful thread on CP right now. Everything else sucks monkey balls.

In58men 06-06-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9735181)
This is the only meaningful thread on CP right now. Everything else sucks monkey balls.

You ain't lyin'

Tribal Warfare 06-07-2013 04:08 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>About to take off. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23fresnobound">#fresnobound</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/342836619759460353">June 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>HOME</p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/342859938743324672">June 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bevischief 06-07-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9733624)
Hes already slingin it to andys wife, clarks wife, stanzis boyfriend(not scott ***** the other one), and mr tomahawk.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare 06-07-2013 06:35 AM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/cho...dard_730.0.jpg

ARROW2 06-07-2013 08:37 AM

Bray will beat out butt chin for #2.......BOOK IT!!!! More sooner than later too.......What has Reid said about Chase the midget? Not a mutha****in thing.....Plus, it's obvious Bray is more talented, even more talented than Smith....

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-07-2013 08:41 AM

Chase Daniel = Great Investment!

Mr_Tomahawk 06-07-2013 08:50 AM

Chiefs_All_Day‏@Chiefs_All_Day3m
KC Chiefs' Tyler Bray impresses Andy Reid: 'He did a really nice job' http://sbn.to/18aJ68x via @ArrowheadPride

The most intriguing KC Chiefs position battle that doesn't involve a starting job comes at quarterback, more specifically the third quarterback. Ricky Stanzi the incumbent is competing with Tyler Bray, the undrafted rookie out of Tennessee. We've heard little about the progress of Stanzi but Reid praised Bray when asked about him on Thursday.

"Yeah, I'll tell you, he did a nice job," Reid said. "He did a really nice job. You never know until you get them here.

"He's in a good room, so he's got good examples around him as players. He's got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. He's embraced that and really focused in.

Reid, Dorsey happy with the roster
KC Chiefs head coach Andy Reid is not only content with the state of the roster after the offseason program, he also said this week that the Chiefs are further along at this point than he thought they would be.
"The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed."

To be fair, he wasn't asked about Stanzi, therefore he didn't say anything about Stanzi.

Still, the words above say a lot to me about how this quarterback competition is going. The majority of folks predicted Bray would beat out Stanzi given the fact that Reid picked Bray and he did not pick Stanzi. That in itself makes you think Bray has the edge, let alone that he has a "gun for an arm, as Reid calls it, and loads of potential. We said that at one point in time about Stanzi but he has never had an opportunity in the last three years. Maybe he just wasn't good enough. Maybe the former coaching staff(s) screwed him over. Who knows what happened but the fact is the NFL is a league about "potential" and right now Tyler Bray's potential is an easier sell than Stanzi's.

OK, all that said ... this is just the offseason program. Training camp hasn't started. Neither have preseason games. For the third quarterback, preseason games are HUGE. There is still a lot that to be determined in this battle which likely won't end until August 31, the final day of roster cuts.

Lots of throws to make and practices to run before a decision is made. But those of you who picked Bray in this battle aren't feeling any worse about that today.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-07-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9735617)
Chase DanielS = Great Investment!

FYP

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-07-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9735639)
FYP

LMAO

KC_Lee 06-07-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9735639)
FYP

Perhaps Coach Reid thought we were signing Charlie Daniels? I hear he loves "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-07-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9736170)
Perhaps Coach Reid thought we were signing Charlie Daniels? I hear he loves "The Devil Went Down to Georgia".

Can he play QB?

BlackHelicopters 06-07-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9736170)

Bring him for a look?

KC_Lee 06-07-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9736174)
Can he play QB?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9736180)
Bring him for a look?

Given his current girth he could probably start a LG or NT next season. And we all know this team loves the fatties.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-07-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9736191)
Given his current girth he could probably start a LG or NT next season. And we all know this team loves the fatties.

LMAO:facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk 06-07-2013 03:13 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6...ver-under-wins

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 02:32 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ressing-in-k-c

Kansas City coach Andy Reid is excited about undrafted free-agent, quarterback Tyler Bray. He was expected to go in the mid-rounds. But because of worries about his overall inconsistencies he went undrafted. Yet, Bray was strong this spring with the Chiefs. He has a very strong chance of sticking on the 53-man roster as the No. 3 quarterback, where he would start the process of a being a developmental player. “I’ll tell you, he did a nice job. He did a really nice job,” Reid told reporters in Kansas City on Thursday. “You never know until you get them here. He’s in a good room, so he’s got good examples around him as players. He’s got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. He’s embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.”

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737429)
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ressing-in-k-c

Kansas City coach Andy Reid is excited about undrafted free-agent, quarterback Tyler Bray. He was expected to go in the mid-rounds. But because of worries about his overall inconsistencies he went undrafted. Yet, Bray was strong this spring with the Chiefs. He has a very strong chance of sticking on the 53-man roster as the No. 3 quarterback, where he would start the process of a being a developmental player. “I’ll tell you, he did a nice job. He did a really nice job,” Reid told reporters in Kansas City on Thursday. “You never know until you get them here. He’s in a good room, so he’s got good examples around him as players. He’s got coaches that have played the game and the position in there. He’s embraced that and really focused in. The fact is that he did a nice job and improved every day. He was a bit like a sponge just taking everything in. I was impressed.”

....When asked about Ricky Stanzi, Coach Reid responded, "Who...?"

Titty Meat 06-08-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9737476)
....When asked about Ricky Stanzi, Coach Reid responded, "Who...?"

Lawlz. I heard AFL scouts were on hand to watch Stanzi.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 01:08 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pool time it's way to hot. <a href="http://t.co/Odfi43ANbS" title="http://instagram.com/p/aTwqZLQQtD/">instagram.com/p/aTwqZLQQtD/</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/343440819547693056">June 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

rico 06-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9737591)
Lawlz. I heard AFL scouts were on hand to watch Stanzi.

Nice... NFL/Chiefs come first, but I wouldn't mind having an AFL team to follow. :) Haha, no seriously, if he did go to the AFL or CFL, I probably would end up rooting for and following that team. No, I'm not saying I'd jump shark and leave the Chiefs for an AFL team...just saying, I'd have another team besides the Chiefs, Cardinals, Thunder and Irish to root for.

If it's one thing that is consistently prevalent in Stanzi games, it's the fun factor. Dude was like a roller coaster. Closest I ever was or probably ever will be to making a full-fledged Irish to Hawk fan conversion.

Cannibal 06-08-2013 01:55 PM

Can't wait to see Bray this preseason.

I'd like to see them cut bait with Stanzi prior to preseason so Bray can get all the late game playing time in order showcase his arm.

rico 06-08-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9737884)
Can't wait to see Bray this preseason.

I'd like to see them cut bait with Stanzi prior to preseason so Bray can get all the late game playing time in order showcase his arm.

I love Stanzi and am bummed that he will presumably be cut, but if we were going to add anyone to the roster (with an exception of Geno) in place of him, it'd be Bray. I've been on the Braywagon since his 2011 college season. I can't wait to see him in the preseason. Can't freaking wait.

Now Chase Daniel on the other hand... Ugh, WHY?!?!?!

Cannibal 06-08-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737898)
I love Stanzi and am bummed that he will presumably be cut, but if we were going to add anyone to the roster (with an exception of Geno) in place of him, it'd be Bray. I've been on the Braywagon since his 2011 college season. I can't wait to see him in the preseason. Can't freaking wait.

Now Chase Daniel on the other hand... Ugh, WHY?!?!?!

Yeah, that's why I'm hoping Bray will dominate in the preseason and see what shakes out from it.

His arm is going to stand out big time from both Alex and Daniel.

However, his decision making might as well.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:05 PM

is it a realistic possible scenario that Chase Daniel stinks up TC and preseason so bad they consider keeping both Stanzi and Bray?

Would they do that, or am I giving these new coaches too much credit and they will protect guys with contracts just like Scooter did. Point I'm making I'd like to see the best competition win and not guys favored over money owed or years experienced in the NFL.

I do think Chase is ****ing terrible garbage and not even viable as a 2 whereas Stanzi would be picked up immediately by a lot of teams in the NFL I think. Chicago comes to mind, they have Josh ****ing McCown as their #2 and just worked out Jamarcus Russel and Trent Edwards lol. Stanzi is better than those turds at least

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737902)
is it a realistic possible scenario that Chase Daniel stinks up TC and preseason so bad they consider keeping both Stanzi and Bray?

Would they do that, or am I giving these new coaches too much credit and they will protect guys with contracts just like Scooter did. Point I'm making I'd like to see the best competition win and not guys favored over money owed or years experienced in the NFL.

I do think Chase is ****ing terrible garbage and not even viable as a 2 whereas Stanzi would be picked up immediately by a lot of teams in the NFL I think. Chicago comes to mind, they have Josh ****ing McCown as their #2 and just worked out Jamarcus Russel and Trent Edwards lol. Stanzi is better than those turds at least

stanzi hasn't shown to be better than fatmarcus. Hell he hasn't shown to be better than anyone.

And 4.5 million, iirc, guaranteed to chase probably means he's going to be here
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-08-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737902)

I am in the "bargaining" stage of coping with the loss of Stanzi. Your questions in this post are the same ones I keep asking myself.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:16 PM

I try and think of the pros and cons.

Chase is smaller, chubbier, and has a noodle arm.

Stanzi has the height and arm, needs the development.

Neither guy has any relevant NFL sample size to determine who is actually better.

Why I think they wanted Chase now is because he can run that Pistol offense like Alex Smith, and Bray can be the developmental traditional big armed QB they can bring along slowly, essentially "our" Nick Foles.

When the Alex Smith/Chase Daniel Pistol/Spread shit offense is a failure for the next 1 or 2 seasons they will overhaul the offense to fit a big armed pocket passer like Bray. Which I can see happening.

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:18 PM

I just think Stanzi and chase both probably suck.

Although chase has played in the pre season well, I guess
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-08-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737917)

Neither guy has any relevant NFL sample size to determine who is actually better.

Why I think they wanted Chase now is because he can run that Pistol offense like Alex Smith, and Bray can be the developmental traditional big armed QB they can bring along slowly, essentially "our" Nick Foles.

When the Alex Smith/Chase Daniel Pistol/Spread shit offense is a failure for the next 1 or 2 seasons they will overhaul the offense to fit a big armed pocket passer like Bray. Which I can see happening.

Maybe. Honestly though (and I could be way, way off), I get the feeling that part of the reason why he was signed was because he played at Missouri and it would be a popular move with the Mizzou/Chiefs fan homers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737920)
I just think Stanzi and chase both probably suck.

Although chase has played in the pre season well, I guess
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, Chase the preseason warrior. God DAMN that was the dumbest acquisition of the offseason(next to Axl of course).

Anywho; let's get Bray on the field so we can get these dumbassed Lil' Chiefy true fans hip to the future NOW.

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737917)

speaking of which I was lurking on a Vikings BB the other day and apparently without the Chiefs PR machine it is being reported that Cassel was absolutely horrible during the Vikings' OTAs. Now it seems that the Chiefs PR reps are doing the same coverup ploy for Alex Smith.

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737925)
Maybe. Honestly though (and I could be way, way off), I get the feeling that part of the reason why he was signed was because he played at Missouri and it would be a popular move with the Mizzou/Chiefs fan homers.

Highly doubtful
Posted via Mobile Device

rico 06-08-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9737930)
Highly doubtful
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, like I said...could be way off. I just literally can't make sense of the acquisition (especially the lucrative contract) and that was just one of the things that crossed my mind as a possibility of what could possibly prompt them to do something so stupid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9737925)

That's part of it. The other, and more significant part, is signing a ****ing chump that poses no threat to Axl whatsoever. It's amazing to me that the most important position on a team, is the position that coaches are so pussy about when it comes to creating legitimate competition.
Oh noes! We might hurt someone's butt! On noes!

rico 06-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9737940)
That's part of it. The other, and more significant part, is signing a ****ing chump that poses no threat to Axl whatsoever. It's amazing to me that the most important position on a team, is the position that coaches are so pussy about when it comes to creating legitimate competition.
Oh noes! We might hurt someone's butt! On noes!

http://www.childstarlets.com/lobby/b...via_hack12.jpg

"I never thought of it that way, Sweet Daddy."

And even if Bray is or becomes a legitimate threat, the can justify sitting him due to the universal belief regarding him needing to mature.

The Bad Guy 06-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737929)
speaking of which I was lurking on a Vikings BB the other day and apparently without the Chiefs PR machine it is being reported that Cassel was absolutely horrible during the Vikings' OTAs. Now it seems that the Chiefs PR reps are doing the same coverup ploy for Alex Smith.

Same coverup ploy?

You're ****ing useless on this board.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:53 PM

yea we are totally ****ed this season if our injury prone 30 year old QB with shoulder and concussion history gets hurt. Flush the season down the shitter if that happens.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737929)

I'll bite. What are they going to say? "Well, we really screwed the pooch on this one"?

With all of the fluff surrounding this dumb mother****er, it's probably not too far off the mark. You can't spin that shit during a season though. Though there will be MANY here and elsewhere that will cling to every word of that shit like the Gospel of Christ in an effort to legitimize their willingness to trust yet another process, as opposed to admitting that they were WRONG, and taking off the homer-glasses.

I ain't worried one goddamned bit; it's coming.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 02:57 PM

people are still clinging to the Jon Baldwin training camp reports of him jumping over Arizona Cardinals DBs in a scrimmage in shorts from last year

so people will ride the Alex Smith one for a long time

SAUTO 06-08-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737965)
people are still clinging to the Jon Baldwin training camp reports of him jumping over Arizona Cardinals DBs in a scrimmage in shorts from last year

so people will ride the Alex Smith one for a long time

You leave the great Baldwin alone, he is going to blow up this year as a tight end that jumps over everyone
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9737961)
I'll bite. What are they going to say? "Well, we really screwed the pooch on this one"?

With all of the fluff surrounding this dumb mother****er, it's probably not too far off the mark. You can't spin that shit during a season though. Though there will be MANY here and elsewhere that will cling to every word of that shit like the Gospel of Christ in an effort to legitimize their willingness to trust yet another process, as opposed to admitting that they were WRONG, and taking off the homer-glasses.

I ain't worried one goddamned bit; it's coming.

I'm not either, it's the same song and dance, to get asses in seats at Arrowhead. It's just irritating that they are trying to feed us a shitburger with different seasoning. The real interesting thing with Reid's praise of Bray is it's not the same coachspeak with constant buzz phrases such as " He's a great competitor" or " He's a really hard worker" ect... with Bray it's like he's amped up that he may have got a steal.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737968)
I'm not either, it's the same song and dance, to get asses in seats at Arrowhead. It's just irritating that they are trying to feed us a shitburger with different seasoning. The real interesting thing with Reid's praise of Bray is it's not the same coachspeak with constant buzz phrases such as " He's a great competitor" or " He's a really hard worker" ect... with Bray it's like he's amped up that he may have got a steal.

that's because Bray can be flipped as an insurance policy for Reid in case the Alex Smith experiment blows up in his face. He can then buy himself extra years with the Bray development. "Hey I have a young QB in the wings, it's a process blah blah"

-King- 06-08-2013 03:22 PM

People who think he'll beat out Chase Daniel are crazy.

No matter what, he shouldn't touch the field this year. Mentally he's a mess and the same can be said for his accuracy. Needs to ride the bench for a while.

Titty Meat 06-08-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737970)
that's because Bray can be flipped as an insurance policy for Reid in case the Alex Smith experiment blows up in his face. He can then buy himself extra years with the Bray development. "Hey I have a young QB in the wings, it's a process blah blah"

And he's right.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9737968)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737970)

Both of these.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9737994)
People who think he'll beat out Chase Daniel are crazy.

No matter what, he shouldn't touch the field this year. Mentally he's a mess and the same can be said for his accuracy. Needs to ride the bench for a while.

Then call me crazy, because Chase Danielssssssss is pure ****ing shite, and you're going to see it first hand.

Mr. Laz 06-08-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9737956)
yea we are totally ****ed this season if our injury prone 30 year old QB with shoulder and concussion history gets hurt. Flush the season down the shitter if that happens.

pretty much every team has to say the same thing

Donk are screwed in their broken neck QB gets hurt ......

Washington is screwed if their broken knee QB gets hurt ...

I don't have high hopes for Smith personally but predicting an injury to your starting QB is folly.

mcaj22 06-08-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9738088)
pretty much every team has to say the same thing

Donk are screwed in their broken neck QB gets hurt ......

Washington is screwed if their broken knee QB gets hurt ...

I don't have high hopes for Smith personally but predicting an injury to your starting QB is folly.

Washington has a more than capable back up insurance policy for their broken knee QB. They won games with Cousins last year

Donks have a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick behind Peyton. THEY ARE STILL TAKING CHANCES ON QBS EVEN WITH BROKE NECK. If the Chiefs ever took a QB in the 2nd round, this place would explode with happiness and you are going to to say the Donks are screwed? I'll take a backup 2nd round draft pick learning behind a hall of famer over Chase Daniel any day of the week sorry.

Matthew Stafford, another injury prone QB, has Shaun Hill, a veteran that can and has come in and is capable of throwing a 300 yard game. He has better stats in 2 seasons than Alex Smith has ever, and hes their back up.

That's my point, the other "injury prone" QBs in the NFL, have capable backups/insurance policies/invested draft picks at the position behind them, we have Chase Daniel.

That is the worst situation in the league out of all the injury prone QBs I believe.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9738106)
Washington has a more than capable back up insurance policy for their broken knee QB. They won games with Cousins last year

This.

And THIS is the guy I would have pursued as a backup over Chasssse Danielssssss eleventy ****ing times over and a billionth on Sunday. THAT mother****er stepped right the **** up, proved his mettle, did one of these:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luf6p4YbKE1r1iubn.gif

,then went about his business being a number two badass. Now tell me that picking a shitheel like Daniel wasn't a "don't worry, Alex"-move?

BryanBusby 06-08-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

If the Chiefs ever took a QB in the 2nd round, this place would explode with happiness

Real talk. If the Chiefs drafted a QB in the second round, this place would ****ing explode for another reason.

"Andy Reid is a ****ing fat pussy, 2nd round QB's pretty much never work out!!!!"

SAUTO 06-08-2013 06:31 PM

Did raised on rats adopt a snake persona?

Kinda silly dude.

But actually goes with the name. Well played...
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 06-08-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

They won ONE game with cousins.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-08-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9738415)

One game that MATTERED. Mother****er played lights-out when it MATTERED.

Gee, as a Chiefs fan, I can only dream about such a scenario...

RealSNR 06-08-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 9738140)
Real talk. If the Chiefs drafted a QB in the second round, this place would ****ing explode for another reason.

"Andy Reid is a ****ing fat pussy, 2nd round QB's pretty much never work out!!!!"

And for a good reason.

If there were a better QB we could have taken in the 1st round but missed out on him and took his lesser counterpart, that's absolutely a dumb decision.

When you're the Chiefs and you have had nothing but came managers and dried cum since Joe freakin Montana, you HAVE to take the best QB you can get. Especially with the way the team is built. More defensive linemen isn't going to fix the problem. Or any other position. Only hitting on a true QB can take us to where we want to go.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9738669)
And for a good reason.

If there were a better QB we could have taken in the 1st round but missed out on him and took his lesser counterpart, that's absolutely a dumb decision.

When you're the Chiefs and you have had nothing but came managers and dried cum since Joe freakin Montana, you HAVE to take the best QB you can get. Especially with the way the team is built. More defensive linemen isn't going to fix the problem. Or any other position. Only hitting on a true QB can take us to where we want to go.

I would add that the best guy can come in round one or two. Just because you got the better deal later in the draft doesn't make it a worse deal.

mcaj22 06-09-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9738415)

so then

can you honestly say with a straight face you'd take Chase Daniel as your #2 over Kirk Cousins

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9738692)
so then

can you honestly say with a straight face you'd take Chase Daniel as your #2 over Kirk Cousins

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/134...-waiting-o.gif

Mr_Tomahawk 06-09-2013 07:52 AM

Bray will be #2 on the depth chart before this thread hits 5k posts.

AussieChiefsFan 06-09-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9738756)
5k posts.

That could be a while.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-09-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9738777)
That could be a while.

Naw.

This thread averages 10-20 posts a day. Once camp hits, it will got up more. I could see this thread getting 100-200 post during the preseason games when he actually gets on the field...

Then there is the regular season. Alex will have bad days and people will come here calling for Bray....same thing if Butt-chin were to make an appearance on the field.

I don't think it is too unrealistic.

AussieChiefsFan 06-09-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9738813)
Naw.

This thread averages 10-20 posts a day. Once camp hits, it will got up more. I could see this thread getting 100-200 post during the preseason games when he actually gets on the field...

Then there is the regular season. Alex will have bad days and people will come here calling for Bray....same thing if Butt-chin were to make an appearance on the field.

I don't think it is too unrealistic.

I guess. If this thread goes the way of the Geno thread, it could get quite interesting.

Coogs 06-09-2013 11:20 AM

I hope it dies. I hate mega threads. Rather have several new ones every once in a while instead of discussing everything under the sun in one... like this one has.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-09-2013 01:58 PM

I'll start new Bray thread.

Tribal Warfare 06-09-2013 07:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Champs!!! <a href="http://t.co/4lt4pYt7y3" title="http://instagram.com/p/aW2X8qwQiU/">instagram.com/p/aW2X8qwQiU/</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/343875630775017472">June 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

Mother****erJones 06-09-2013 07:28 PM

Tyler's chiefs will dominate

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9739956)
Tyler's chiefs will dominate

UNDEFEATED!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2013 07:39 PM

Bray definitely has it, but gawd DAMN that's some "sketchy"(nicest way I can put it)footwork.
Hopefully, retraining his mechanics won't **** with that golden arm.

Mother****erJones 06-09-2013 09:10 PM

He's got plenty of time to work on mechanics. He never had real good coaching in Tennessee. So well let him work on it with Reid

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-09-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9740376)
He's got plenty of time to work on mechanics. He never had real good coaching in Tennessee. So well let him work on it with Reid

Hopefully he'll do a lot of offseason work after this year too, on his own time.

ptlyon 06-10-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9739276)

You can't. This is the official thread. Bannable offense.

Coogs 06-10-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9739276)

I'm good with that. Just hate mega threads. I prefer the 100 to 200 post threads that you can get in, read, and get out. Then go to a new thread a day or two later. JMO

EDIT: There are a few cases where mega threads are the only way to go. Game Day Threads. Weight Loss threads, etc. But not Chiefs info threads. :shake:

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2013 09:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Aftermath <a href="http://t.co/KguUfY4okj" title="http://instagram.com/p/aZrjakQQnd/">instagram.com/p/aZrjakQQnd/</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8) <a href="https://twitter.com/tbrayvol8/status/344274059523145729">June 11, 2013</a></blockquote>

Mr_Tomahawk 06-11-2013 07:26 AM

Ordering my Bray jersey this weekend.

Don't get cut mother****er....or change your number. LOL

kc79 06-11-2013 08:28 AM

Wait til after the last cuts. He might get number 8