ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263359)

Mr_Tomahawk 06-01-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9722912)
ouch

“There’s no explaining this. How do you explain the success (Kansas State) has had in so many sports?”
Kevin Kietzman, on the Wildcats Big 12 titles this year in football, basketball and baseball, 810 AM
GH: Kietzman is attempting to stick a knife into his KU listeners and twist it slowly. Yes, Kansas State has had an incredible year in sports. What they have accomplished cannot be overstated. But the snapshot of K-State’s recent sports success is not indicative of their history. The basketball team hadn’t won a conference title since 1977. The baseball team hadn’t won a conference crown since 1933. It took 69 years for K-State to win their second conference football title in 2003. Again, I applaud the Wildcats for their incredible year, but KK has gone off the deep end (once again) in overstating and misrepresenting the simple facts.

My god, shut up.

Look at their rich history of success. Year after year after year they bring home championships. They are considered perennial favorites by now. They have brought home a championship consistently for the last decade in either football basketball, or baseball. Hell, they did it this year in all 3. Next year they will bring home another one if history truly does repeat itself.

ChiTown 06-01-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9723166)
My god, shut up.

Look at their rich history of success. Year after year after year they bring home championships. They are considered perennial favorites by now. They have brought home a championship consistently for the last decade in either football basketball, or baseball. Hell, they did it this year in all 3. Next year they will bring home another one if history truly does repeat itself.

I have a purple jersey in my closet if you'd like one. You sound like you need some cheering up. There's a place in Title Town for you as well. The Burger King in Manhattan is chalk full of ku grads working behind the counter.o:-)

Messier 06-01-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9723153)
Greg Hall gates KK because he fired him from 1510 in the very early days after Hall did a sketch on air about Bill Grigsby being a drunk. I loved reading Hall's OTCcolumns through the years. Miss them being in the Sunday Star.

Could be, but I don't begrudge anyone for hating KK. It seem really easy to me.

kstater 06-01-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9723153)
Greg Hall gates KK because he fired him from 1510 in the very early days after Hall did a sketch on air about Bill Grigsby being a drunk. I loved reading Hall's OTCcolumns through the years. Miss them being in the Sunday Star.

Yeah, it doesn't help that he's a KU/NU combofan. So he's typically butthurt towards titletown.

WilliamTheIrish 06-01-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9723172)
Could be, but I don't begrudge anyone for hating KK. It seem really easy to me.

I'm sure it does seem easy to you. You're the audience he owns. You should start a "We must boycott KK and his sponsors" thread on phog/kusports/shiver/CP.
Those are always fun to read.

Messier 06-01-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9723202)
I'm sure it does seem easy to you. You're the audience he owns. You should start a "We must boycott KK and his sponsors" thread on phog/kusports/shiver/CP.
Those are always fun to read.

I know, he's come out of the closet with KSt love, so, he's great.

I don't like him because he's a dick, who's become lazy, and everything he seemed to hate years ago. Don Fortune.

WilliamTheIrish 06-01-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9723209)
I know, he's come out of the closet with KSt love, so, he's great.

I don't like him because he's a dick, who's become lazy, and everything he seemed to hate years ago. Don Fortune.

That's a shame. I'm sure you loved his show before he became Don Fortune.

Messier 06-01-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9723235)
That's a shame. I'm sure you loved his show before he became Don Fortune.

Yep.

Coach 06-01-2013 11:23 AM

Annnnnd.... the results have came in.

Big XII ---> http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ion-10-schools
Quote:

Eight Big 12 schools will receive $22 million, while newcomers TCU and West Virginia will receive half shares of $11 million.
$EC ---> http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ion-conference
Quote:

Each school will receive approximately $20.7 million in revenue distribution.

kstater 06-01-2013 09:11 PM

Yawn, another win. Win 1 out of two to advance to super regional.

Saulbadguy 06-02-2013 06:00 PM

PURPLE, GET READY TO ROLL

kstater 06-02-2013 06:06 PM

PigAggie stench.

Saulbadguy 06-02-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 9725665)
PigAggie stench.

Combined with the absolute stink that the Wichita State fans left. :Lin:

It smells like rotten milk and garbage.

Saulbadguy 06-02-2013 06:24 PM

Crap. Pig Aggies up 2-0 in the first. No outs.

NewChief 06-02-2013 07:08 PM

Normally I'd say this game is over, but we are pretty deep into our bullpen at this point and KSU has some great hitting. Should be interesting through the end