ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Prison Bitch 11-08-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 10169685)
Is this a good time to start bringing up the recruiting violations that Bill Self 'allegedly' committed while at Illinois??

I mean, since we're calling out Missouri for stuff that 'allegedly' (still not proven) happened to their coach while he was still at Miami.

You can bring up whatever you like. Self's got a pretty good track record of 20 years D1 head coaching experience not getting teams onto probation. Let alone getting suspended from the bench by the NCAA.

baitism 11-08-2013 08:30 PM

Is TCU good at anything? They just lost to SMU in bball.

Bowser 11-08-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 10170914)

:spock:

Eleazar 11-08-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

they arent good at getting anyone to show up for football, either

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

They'll probably just end up being our conference's Mississippi State.

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2013 12:24 AM

Why did the big whatever want them as a member?

Bambi 11-09-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

drug dealing

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10168097)
Before Kirk was fired for cheating, he secretly taped a phone conversation he had with Larry Brown where he was told by Larry that one of his players, Vince Askew, was living in Lawrence considering going to Kansas. He told Kirk that he paid for a plane ticket for Askew to attend a funeral back in Memphis. Kirk thanked him for being upfront about it and promptly turned it over to the NCAA and that was the violation.

If I remember right, Kirk also tipped off the newspaper in, of all places Lexington KY where the journalist wrote a series of articles trumpeting the case. Karma hit both places soon afterwards as both Memphis and Kentucky were nailed for massive NCAA violations.

Never heard this rumor of the phone conversation before. Always heard "confidential informant to the infractions committee". Not hard to believe though. But that plane ticket wasn't the reason KU was hit with the penalty.
KU had a summer jobs program where players were paid but the players never showed up. No big deal by today's standards.

Bob Frederick had to revamp the compliance office, all that crap. Frederick was surprised they got hit at all. He never thought it would even go to the committee.

Eleazar 11-09-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10169669)
OU's decent, they just have some glaring flaws. It isn't like they're Iowa State. And Baylor hammered them. Baylor's really good, just a matter how good. I agree w/ Saul that they're probably top 10 but probably not on FSU/Ala's level.

No, there are only two teams that are Iowa-State-bad in the major conferences, currently. But that doesn't make Oklahoma a quality team.

Baylor is waging the same campaign that Boise State did a few years ago. Everybody says they are good, there's no evidence to the contrary, but there's not much evidence as to whether they'd measure up against their peers in the rankings either, thanks to their conference.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10171474)
Never heard this rumor of the phone conversation before. Always heard "confidential informant to the infractions committee". Not hard to believe though. But that plane ticket wasn't the reason KU was hit with the penalty.
KU had a summer jobs program where players were paid but the players never showed up. No big deal by today's standards.

Kirk knew he was going down, and from what I remember at the time he believed he could save himself by taking down some other coaches. I knew a guy who worked at the NCAA who told me off the record that Kirk was taping several AD/coaches and thought turning in a big name would save his job. What he didn't understand was the NCAA was going after everybody.

Kentucky nearly got the death penalty. The NCAA told them either fire Eddie Sutton or cancel your program for a year or two. Needless to say Kentucky fired him.

Quote:

Bob Frederick had to revamp the compliance office, all that crap. Frederick was surprised they got hit at all. He never thought it would even go to the committee.
If the SWC football scandals had just been bad, rather than unbelievably brazen, the NCAA wouldn't have gone full bore. The guy I talked to said that the good academic schools in the PAC, BIG, and ACC were fed up with the nonsense going on in the South particularly in Texas at the time and demanded action or they were considering leaving the NCAA entirely.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10171492)
but there's not much evidence as to whether they'd measure up against their peers in the rankings either, thanks to their conference.

Well, other than being 4th (soon to be 3rd) in Sagarin. The meat of their schedule still remains whereas Florida State's is mostly done. Given the Big 12 is higher ranked than the ACC it's quite possible Baylor will catch them by year end. If they were to both finish undefeated they'll be ranked the same in the computers and impossible to distinguish.

Saul Good 11-09-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10171733)
Well, other than being 4th (soon to be 3rd) in Sagarin. The meat of their schedule still remains whereas Florida State's is mostly done. Given the Big 12 is higher ranked than the ACC it's quite possible Baylor will catch them by year end. If they were to both finish undefeated they'll be ranked the same in the computers and impossible to distinguish.

Spoiler alert. There is ZERO CHANCE of Baylor passing Florida State without a loss by FSU.

Eleazar 11-09-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10171733)
The meat of [Baylor's] schedule

ROFL

Eleazar 11-09-2013 01:19 PM

It appears Texas Tech will be leaving the top 25...

Discuss Thrower 11-09-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10172006)
It appears Texas Tech will be leaving the top 25...

The Big Fizzle conference

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10171754)
Spoiler alert. There is ZERO CHANCE of Baylor passing Florida State without a loss by FSU.

That doesn't address the point being made.

Saul Good 11-09-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10172082)
That doesn't address the point being made.

Your points are too stupid to warrant being addressed.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10172106)
Your points are too stupid to warrant being addressed.

No question you are confused. I speak in terms of data and stats, while you have shown you don't comprehend any portion of that topic.

Saul Good 11-09-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10172141)
No question you are confused. I speak in terms of data and stats, while you have shown you don't comprehend any portion of that topic.

I talk about games. You talk about rotisserie.

Eleazar 11-09-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10172195)
I talk about games. You talk about rotisserie.

Sagarin has rotisserie ranked #1 and real life at #6

kchero 11-09-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10172271)

LMAO

Pitt Gorilla 11-09-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10172271)

Pan fried FTW.

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10171700)
Kirk knew he was going down, and from what I remember at the time he believed he could save himself by taking down some other coaches. I knew a guy who worked at the NCAA who told me off the record that Kirk was taping several AD/coaches and thought turning in a big name would save his job. What he didn't understand was the NCAA was going after everybody.

Kentucky nearly got the death penalty. The NCAA told them either fire Eddie Sutton or cancel your program for a year or two. Needless to say Kentucky fired him.

If the SWC football scandals had just been bad, rather than unbelievably brazen, the NCAA wouldn't have gone full bore. The guy I talked to said that the good academic schools in the PAC, BIG, and ACC were fed up with the nonsense going on in the South particularly in Texas at the time and demanded action or they were considering leaving the NCAA entirely.

That's pretty interesting. My BIL worked for the infractions/enforcement commmittee and while I could ask open ended questions and get some answers, to this day he never says anything about those days. He won't even tell what city he flew into during those days.

The reason they banged KU so hard was they had just been hit with a FB probabation in 83 and the changes they were supposed to make never took place. They also had three or four boosters that they had to cut ties with. I remember Bob Frederick being surprised that it even went before the infractions committee.

Prison Bitch 11-09-2013 05:51 PM

I knew a guy who was always telling stories about stuff he saw or heard, I never knew what his sources were but man he was right about a lot of stuff that came true. One story he relayed was Mike Gottfried being a huge crook. On a bus back from a road trip they had box dinners and there were hundreds packed into each.

Another yarn he loved to spin was about Danny's summer job at Alvamar. He turned on the sprinklers at 8am, and turned them off at 5pm. Supposedly he spent the rest of the day laboring poolside with the ladies.

Eleazar 11-09-2013 05:57 PM

So, KU fans, do you think Chuckles will be fired or will there be another year of the show?

TribalElder 11-09-2013 06:02 PM

Which streak ends first

Mizzou's consecutive games with a turnover recovered currently at like 38
Or
Kansas's consecutive games lost in big 12 conference play currently at like 38

ROFL

Eleazar 11-09-2013 06:21 PM

Alright everyone, it is 42-6 with 2 minutes to go. Everyone gather round as we turn over the number once again... The streak is now... 27 games. Well done gentlemen, well done.

Closing in now on the modern NCAA division 1 record of 30 games, which is held by the nation's other most notable basketball-only school, Duke.

Bambi 11-09-2013 06:37 PM

The Big 12 losing streak is currently held by Baylor.

Baylor is currently undefeated and sitting in the top 5 of the BCS with their aim directly at the NCG game.

Not sure anyone is overly concerned about what you fellas find so entertaining.

But then again, here you are on a Saturday night talking KU Football.

Hook and line.

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10167689)
Rumors intensifying about Sumlin to USC.

I could see where he would make a move. After JFootball leaves, that program will have a signifant drop off.

Bambi 11-09-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 10172597)
I could see where he would make a move. After JFootball leaves, that program will have a signifant drop off.

I agree. The A&M defense is horrid and showing no signs of getting better.

Sumlin wants out of College Station almost as much as Manziel does.

Bowser 11-09-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10172588)

Baylor is currently undefeated and sitting in the top 5 of the BCS with their aim directly at the NCG game.

Hook and line.

We really ought to pay you rent for the space we take up in your head.

Bambi 11-09-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10172628)
We really ought to pay you rent for the space we take up in your head.

That's a nice line.

…in 2006

Eleazar 11-10-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Agree totally. It's the right moment to make a move to a job like that.

A&M is a quality job in the top conference in football, they'll be able to lure a good coach to replace him.

kcchiefsus 11-10-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10172588)

Hook and line.

Umm Baylor has almost no shot at the NCG.

And Baylor has the privilege of having the state of Texas and it's recruiting base for a backyard. Can Kansas claim that? No, so there is no comparison with Kansas and Baylor.

TribalElder 11-10-2013 07:58 AM

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/09...k-mangino.html

Mangino

Sully 11-10-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10173357)

That is a fantastic article.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10173357)

The Curse of the Mangino lives, 28 games strong.

Question: would Youngstown State beat Kansas?

Saul Good 11-10-2013 12:21 PM

SEC has 5 of the top 11 in the AP, 7 in the top 25, and Ole Miss is 26th.

Prison Bitch 11-10-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10172538)
Which streak ends first

Mizzou's consecutive games with a turnover recovered currently at like 38
Or
Kansas's consecutive games lost in big 12 conference play currently at like 38

I think you should be more concerned ending your 75 year Final Four and 44 year BCS-level bowl droughts first.

warpaint* 11-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Maybe not as far as you think. There'll be a drop at QB as obviously it's virtually impossible not to when replacing a Heisman winner at any position. But they've been getting better material since Sumlin got there and some of it should start hitting the field next year so improvement at other spots may mitigate some of that.

warpaint* 11-10-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 10173294)
Umm Baylor has almost no shot at the NCG.

And Baylor has the privilege of having the state of Texas and it's recruiting base for a backyard. Can Kansas claim that? No, so there is no comparison with Kansas and Baylor.

They need some help but that is a gross exaggeration. If this year is like most there will be plenty of shuffling the next 2-3 weeks.

Saul Good 11-10-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9682196)
Maybe we saw what happened with that mega-bust WR you signed, and decided to show a little humility. Bragging about a guy who's never played seems a bit brash.

The Jayhawks have 8 TD receptions on the season. DGB has 9 by himself.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10175727)
The Jayhawks have 8 TD receptions on the season. DGB has 9 by himself.

Well they have 8 rushing touchdowns on the season, and Henry Josey has 10 by himself. (Murphy has 7, so he's almost being KU by himself.)

And you forgot Washington. He also has 9 TDs on the season.

tredadda 11-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10173880)
SEC has 5 of the top 11 in the AP, 7 in the top 25, and Ole Miss is 26th.

Where does Sagarin have them ranked? That is what is most important./PB

kchero 11-10-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10176486)
Where does Sagarin have them ranked? That is what is most important./PB

LMAO I am sure they will come up with something to disprove logic.

Saul Good 11-10-2013 09:40 PM

Baylor got jumped.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 09:54 PM

I think those rankings are good. Alabama and FSU are unquestioned 1-2. Then you have the undefeated teams that haven't played anyone. Then you have all the 1 loss teams, and who can make any distinction between those? It's wide open this year.

tredadda 11-10-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10176776)
I think those rankings are good. Alabama and FSU are unquestioned 1-2. Then you have the undefeated teams that haven't played anyone. Then you have all the 1 loss teams, and who can make any distinction between those? It's wide open this year.

Missouri just needs to win out and they should get a BCS bowl berth. That might be easier said than done considering they face Ole Miss and aTm. If and it is a big IF UGA can defeat Auburn this week, MU is in the drivers seat for for the SECCG. Regardless of how they perform in that they should still get a BCS berth.

Eleazar 11-10-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10176834)
Missouri just needs to win out and they should get a BCS bowl berth. That might be easier said than done considering they face Ole Miss and aTm. If and it is a big IF UGA can defeat Auburn this week, MU is in the drivers seat for for the SECCG. Regardless of how they perform in that they should still get a BCS berth.

I know most people don't see us winning out, but I think we have a better chance than most people would give us.

Both our remaining games are going to be tough, but Ole Miss is an unranked team, we should win that game even though it's on the road.

A&M isn't as good as they were last year, we should be able to score with them. Why can't we win?

I think our chances to win out are 50/50.

tredadda 11-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177077)
I know most people don't see us winning out, but I think we have a better chance than most people would give us.

Both our remaining games are going to be tough, but Ole Miss is an unranked team, we should win that game even though it's on the road.

A&M isn't as good as they were last year, we should be able to score with them. Why can't we win?

I think our chances to win out are 50/50.

Not saying they can't win, just it will be easier said than done. They won't be facing Tennessee and Kentucky. They are better than Ole Miss and aTm but they could easily lose if they have an off game.

Bowser 11-10-2013 11:39 PM

That aTm defense is 2004 Chiefs bad, but Manziel is just flat playing out of his mind. He's going to be a handful for our "no adjustments made during a game" defensive coordinator. Hopefully Franklin is FULLY healed for that game.

eazyb81 11-11-2013 05:38 AM

I'm concerned Franklin is going to be rusty and we're going to be in a Grbac/Gannon situation. Hope I'm wrong.

Eleazar 11-11-2013 06:52 AM

Gannon outplayed the starter, that's why there was a controversy. While Mauk showed some promise and is only a freshman, we don't have the same situation here

Bambi 11-11-2013 08:36 AM

Baylor moves up a spot. Jumping Oregon.

Bambi 11-11-2013 08:37 AM

Missouri wins and falls a spot.

ouch

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 08:38 AM

One loss SEC teams > undefeated Big Bevo....anyday

Eleazar 11-11-2013 08:43 AM

Oregon lost and is now out of the national championship picture, as they should be. The teams (OSU, Baylor) who are undefeated with no quality wins should still be ahead of the 1-loss teams

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10177429)

ouch

Good news!!! Beakers lost and didn't drop either!

Bowser 11-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10177429)

ouch

Florida stuck in free fall isn't helping our matters at all.

Eleazar 11-11-2013 08:51 AM

Iowa State nearly beat TCU, so the prospects for reversing the Curse of the Mangino don't seem very good for this season. TCU of course is awful, but still.

Their best chance might be this weekend against also-awful West Virginia

Pasta Little Brioni 11-11-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177457)
Iowa State nearly beat TCU, so the prospects for reversing the Curse of the Mangino don't seem very good for this season. TCU of course is awful, but still.

They MIGHT cover the spread. Better practice their celebrations again just in case.

Saul Good 11-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10177427)
Baylor moves up a spot. Jumping Oregon.

They also got jumped by a one-loss Stanford.

Blowing out Oklahoma doesn't seem to mean much. I guess it's hard to get respect when the first place team in your conference got hammered by BYU and Ole Miss in the non-con.

Funny thing...the SEC has seven ranked teams. The team that blew out Texas isn't one of them. Seems that blowing out Texas doesn't mean much, either.

tredadda 11-11-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

TCU and WVU are better programs than aTm and Mizzou. The Big XII is stronger becuase of their additions./ Bambi and PB

Saul Good 11-11-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

This could be a chance to witness history. According to ESPN, tickets start at $1. For reference, the cheapest ticket available for the Mizzou game is $75 according to the same sight.

Bambi 11-11-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10177518)
They also got jumped by a one-loss Stanford.

Blowing out Oklahoma doesn't seem to mean much. I guess it's hard to get respect when the first place team in your conference got hammered by BYU and Ole Miss in the non-con.

Funny thing...the SEC has seven ranked teams. The team that blew out Texas isn't one of them. Seems that blowing out Texas doesn't mean much, either.

I'm not sure you're correct here. Stanford has been one spot ahead of Baylor for weeks.

Unfortunately for Stanford is that they only have 3 games left on their schedule with zero of those games being against ranked teams.

Baylor on the other hand has four games left and 2 of those games are against ranked opponents. They will move ahead of Stanford if they stay unbeaten.

Saul Good 11-11-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10177560)
I'm not sure you're correct here. Stanford has been one spot ahead of Baylor for weeks.

Unfortunately for Stanford is that they only have 3 games left on their schedule with zero of those games being against ranked teams.

Baylor on the other hand has four games left and 2 of those games are against ranked opponents. They will move ahead of Stanford if they stay unbeaten.

Stanford has a CCG. USC/Cal/Notre Dame/UCLA is every bit as tough as Tech/Oklahoma State/TCU/Texas.

I would have Baylor over Stanford based on the loss to a crappy Utah team, but the polls seem to disagree.

Bambi 11-11-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10177586)
Stanford has a CCG. USC/Cal/Notre Dame/UCLA is every bit as tough as Tech/Oklahoma State/TCU/Texas.

I would have Baylor over Stanford based on the loss to a crappy Utah team, but the polls seem to disagree.

They do have the CCG game which helps them...if they win.

However Baylor is only .007 points behind the Cardinal.

They will pass based on the schedule.

Prison Bitch 11-11-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10177533)
This could be a chance to witness history. According to ESPN, tickets start at $1. For reference, the cheapest ticket available for the Mizzou game is $75 according to the same sight.

Kansas blows Mizzou out in athletic revenue every year, and has every year the data has been reported. In the last 7 years alone, the gap is almost $100 million in favor of Kansas:

School KU MU
2012 70 51
2011 75 64
2010 71 61
2009 70 63
2008 83 56
2007 64 56
2006 64 50
Total 496 401

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...ase/54955804/1

nychief 11-11-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10177746)
Kansas blows Mizzou out in athletic revenue every year, and has every year the data has been reported. In the last 7 years alone, the gap is almost $100 million in favor of Kansas:

School KU MU
2012 70 51
2011 75 64
2010 71 61
2009 70 63
2008 83 56
2007 64 56
2006 64 50
Total 496 401

What is the point of this? Who gives a shit?

Eleazar 11-11-2013 11:24 AM

Lots of t-shirt fans = lots of t-shirt sales :Poke:

patteeu 11-11-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10177746)

School KU MU
2012 70 51
2011 75 64
2010 71 61
2009 70 63
2008 83 56
2007 64 56
2006 64 50
Total 496 401

Do you think they'll use all that money to buy out yet another coach this year?

Eleazar 11-11-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 10177758)
What is the point of this? Who gives a shit?

Maybe explaining why they can't afford to get rid of the head coach presiding over the worst major conference football program in the country?

Bowser 11-11-2013 11:28 AM

You shouldn't have deleted that, WhawhaWhat. That made me chuckle.

Eleazar 11-11-2013 11:42 AM

I think they have to buy Weis out. There is no evidence whatsoever that he will turn the program around.

Kansas is a rich school. There's no reason why they can't go to the money bin and pack the next train out of town full of $100 bills and Charlie Weis.

Not firing him says to your fans that you either (a) still believe in him, which is insane, or (b) are willing to accept failure because improvement would be expensive.

Neither is tenable, his goose surely must be cooked.

Bowser 11-11-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177829)
I think they have to buy Weis out. There is no evidence whatsoever that he will turn the program around.

Kansas is a rich school. There's no reason why they can't go to the money bin and pack the next train out of town full of $100 bills and Charlie Weis.

Not firing him says to your fans that you either (a) still believe in him, which is insane, or (b) are willing to accept failure because improvement would be expensive.

Neither is tenable, his goose surely must be cooked.

I think he gets one more year. The real question is what is the minimum production he must show to retain his job? I'd say anything under winning a bowl, even if it's the least desirable bowl eligible game out there, otherwise he gets the **** out if it were up to me.

Eleazar 11-11-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10177837)
I think he gets one more year. The real question is what is the minimum production he must show to retain his job? I'd say anything under winning a bowl, even if it's the least desirable bowl eligible game out there, otherwise he gets the **** out if it were up to me.

Really? Eh... if you are serious about fielding a competitive football program I think he has to go. He inherited a flatlined program, but two years later there are still no detectable life signs. Life is short.

Prison Bitch 11-11-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177770)
Lots of t-shirt fans = lots of t-shirt sales :Poke:

Incorrect here, too. You Mizzou fans are staggeringly ignorant on all of these topics, it's really what makes this thread go.

Merchandise is a tiny fraction of overall revenues + there's no difference between the two schools anyway in the CLC Merchandise Rankings:
http://www.clc.com/News/Archived-Ran...s-Q4-2012.aspx

patteeu 11-11-2013 12:00 PM

I don't have any advice for KU wrt their coaching problems. I kind of feel sorry for them. Bill Snyder turned a dismal KSU program around, but it's hard to imagine who KU can get to duplicate that kind of magic.

WhawhaWhat 11-11-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10177874)
I don't have any advice for KU wrt their coaching problems. I kind of feel sorry for them. Bill Snyder turned a dismal KSU program around, but it's hard to imagine who KU can get to duplicate that kind of magic.

Romeo Crennel.

Bowser 11-11-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10177865)
Really? Eh... if you are serious about fielding a competitive football program I think he has to go. He inherited a flatlined program, but two years later there are still no detectable life signs. Life is short.

Oh, I completely agree, but I just comes down to the dead money issue. Weiss has done zippo to improve this team, but does the school really want to be paying four coaches at one time?

I really think Charlie ultimately ends up back in the league as an offensive coordinator somewhere. Had Kansas rebounded the last two years, he might have already been getting calls on gigs.