ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Manti Te'o before a QB..... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268602)

L.A. Chieffan 01-07-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9295239)
Geno & Wilson are both worthy of the #1 pick, easily. Bray & Barkley could go in the Top 10 too. Shit, Barkley was a projected Top 10 pick last year in the same draft as Luck & RG3.

Geno will go up the "rankings" after the combine & pro days. This happens every year. Kiper, McShay, etc...Will all have Geno & Wilson in the Top 10 after. They'll all move them up because they know teams that dont have a QB will take them...because they dont have one. It's all about positional value.

So then you're basically saying a potential franchise QB ranked 10th or so overall, isn't worth taking just 9 spots higher over a LT or a DT. You're saying you'd rather take a LT or DT over the most important position in sports, the most valuable position by far in football.

A position the Chiefs DO NOT HAVE. A position we haven't had for 7 years. A position we haven't drafted in the 1st round in 30 years. A position you must have in order to win and be a consistent playoff/Super Bowl threat year in and year out.

But yeah, lets take another position. Let's miss out on a potential franchise QB again so we can take a left tackle or a defensive tackle that aren't "sure things" either. Makes sense.

And in your opinion, why isn't Geno Smith worthy of the #1 pick? Why isn't Tyler Wilson? Why are they worse prospects than past Top 10 QBs like Gabbert, Locker, Bradford, Sanchez, Newton, etc...?

There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. Reaching way to high for a guy just because you "need" it doesn't make sense. BPA

L.A. Chieffan 01-07-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9295244)
A bandwagon Chiefs fan? LMAO

Turns on his own team, sad to see.

KCrockaholic 01-07-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9295241)
Hey dipshit at least I'm not a fake fan and supports this team. You're just a bandwagoner dude. Go root for the packers and leave us alone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9295244)
A bandwagon Chiefs fan? LMAO

LMAO

AussieChiefsFan 01-07-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9295248)
Turns on his own team, sad to see.

:spock:

Hoover 01-07-2013 10:48 PM

And what QB are we getting via free agency. That's also how we got Cassel

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 9294804)
seriously who still wants that? This is the first time I have seen him play this year so that may not be fair, but not impressed so far.

Boat, we're in the same one

HolyHat 01-07-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9295241)
Hey dipshit at least I'm not a fake fan and supports this team. You're just a bandwagoner dude. Go root for the packers and leave us alone.

L.A. I appreciate your opinions, just do me a favor and go watch some more of Geno. The kid makes some sick throws. If you don't have time or patience to watch much, just watch him in the Marshall game on YouTube.

ChiefsOne 01-07-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9295246)
There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. BPA

Yeah that has worked out great for the Chiefs.

Priest31kc 01-07-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

There's this thing called free agency and trading. Not sure if you've heard of it. Reaching way to high for a guy just because you "need" it doesn't make sense. BPA

We've been down that road the last 30 years...and its gotten us no where.

Zero playoff wins in 20 years.

Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn, Tyler Palko, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono.

Aren't you tired of it?

And seriously!? That was your best response? You seriously think Alex ****ing Smith or Matt Flynn are the answers? WHAT!?

And umm, free agency? ROFL

Oh and good job ignoring everything else I pointed out and the questions I asked.

You lost another argument.

crazycoffey 01-07-2013 10:50 PM

I'm wondering why AJ doesn't declare or Murray declare after watching Te'o lose millions of dollars tonight.

KCrockaholic 01-07-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne (Post 9295259)
Yeah that has worked out great for the Chiefs.

Can't wait to do it again.

AussieChiefsFan 01-07-2013 10:50 PM

LA Chief, read this. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...iefs-no-1-pick

L.A. Chieffan 01-07-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9295256)
L.A. I appreciate your opinions, just do me a favor and go watch some more of Geno. The kid makes some sick throws. If you don't have time or patience to watch much, just watch him in the Marshall game on YouTube.

Marshall is a defensive juggernaut.

Strongside 01-07-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

We've been down that road before. Time to try a different approach.

AussieChiefsFan 01-07-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9295271)
We've been down that road before. Time to try a different approach.

Exactly. It's incredible how people want to do the same thing again.