ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

BigRedChief 11-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 10225307)
He was not tied to PED's in 2013, it was 2012.

When he played like shit.;)

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-25-2013 08:51 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...-ped-penalties

Good Read and so true.

BigRedChief 11-25-2013 08:53 PM

Lineup fun

Carp 3B
Bourjols CF
Holliday LF
Craig RF
Molina C
Adams 1B
Peralta SS
Wong 2B
Pitcher

Swap out Bourjols and Peralta in the order and I'm cool with it also. If Wong hits .280 with a 350 OB% he should hit 2b because of the speed.

DJ's left nut 11-25-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10225338)
Lineup fun

Carp 3B
Bourjols CF
Holliday LF
Craig RF
Molina C
Adams 1B
Peralta SS
Wong 2B
Pitcher

Swap out Bourjols and Peralta in the order and I'm cool with it also. If Wong hits .280 with a 350 OB% he should hit 2b because of the speed.

If he gives you a .350 OB%, I'd be tempted to hit him leadoff and move Carpenter to either the 2 hole or the 5 hole.

If you want lineup fun, try one where Bourjos builds on the momentum he established before getting hurt last year and becomes a legit top of the order hitter and Wong plays to his minor league numbers:

Bourjos (R)
Wong (L)
Holliday (R)
Craig (R)
Carpenter (L)
Molina (R)
Adams (L)
Peralta (R)

And you could let Bourjos and Wong do some serious running at the top of the order.

Granted, I'm being damn wishful there, but that lineup is vile and would be nearly impossible to pitch to. Especially in interleague play after we pick up Morse to DH for us :D

DJ's left nut 11-25-2013 09:10 PM

Our new CFer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UxbnZEnIrIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JIMP

BigRedChief 11-25-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10225388)
Granted, I'm being damn wishful there, but that lineup is vile and would be nearly impossible to pitch to. Especially in interleague play after we pick up Morse to DH for us :D

We are the best lineup on paper in the NL. When we regress to a more normal hitting with runners in scoring position the new lineup will help make up the difference.

O.city 11-25-2013 09:26 PM

Maybe it's just me, but it seems carpenter is a prototypical 2 hitter.

I dunno that Wong or bourjos can lead off, but if they could is rather see carp in te 2 hole

rolltide2014 11-25-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10225453)
Maybe it's just me, but it seems carpenter is a prototypical 2 hitter.

I dunno that Wong or bourjos can lead off, but if they could is rather see carp in te 2 hole

Totally agree. His doubles power would be much better suited in the 2-spot in the line-up. If either Wong or Bourjos can put up the OBP to justify hitting leadoff, this team is going to be lethal.

DJ's left nut 11-25-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolltide2014 (Post 10225530)
Totally agree. His doubles power would be much better suited in the 2-spot in the line-up. If either Wong or Bourjos can put up the OBP to justify hitting leadoff, this team is going to be lethal.

His doubles power and contact skills are precisely why he's also perfectly suited to hit 5th or 6th. His bat control and contact skills make him a guy that would be without peer at getting that run in from 3b with less than two outs or the guy that turns a 1 run inning into a crooked number and a potential knockout blow.

Yes, he's great in the 2 hole, but if Wong and Bourjos both prove to be accomplished, top of the order style hitters, the lineup is better with Wong/Bourjos at the top and Carpenter in an RBI spot than it is with Carpenter batting 2 and Wong or Bourjos batting 8th ahead of the pitcher.

Swanman 11-26-2013 11:23 AM

I made the mistake of reading some comments about the Peralta signing on the Post Dispatch website. What a bunch of holier than thou douchenozzles. They make it sound like they are going to burn all their Cards gear just because Mo signed a guy that served a PEDS suspension.

bdj23 11-26-2013 11:31 AM

People that post on STLToday are a bunch of jackasses.

BigRedChief 11-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10226411)
People that post on STLToday are a bunch of jackasses.

Reminds me of the Star website in the early 2000's.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-26-2013 07:38 PM

I have never found a Cardinal site worth a shit. VEB has great analysis in their articles, but the comments section is full of intolerable twats.

There was some forum RamsFan directed me to, but I got banned after like 20 posts because I argued with someone. I've only perused the Dispatch comments section occasionally, but I've heard it's absolutely noxious.

DJ's left nut 11-26-2013 07:43 PM

I have a board I've posted at since the late 90s.

The registration process can be a little annoying because I think they only accept emails from certain domains (I think gmail works but I'm not sure Yahoo does, for instance). If anyone's interested, I can PM you the details and you can peruse to see if you want to post.

It's a bunch of pretty knowledgeable guys; less romper room than the PD and, IMO, far more baseball oriented.

There's nothing anything remotely resembling CP, though. This place probably peaked around 150 active members a decade or so ago. It's smaller now but the folks there really know their shit.

Rams Fan 11-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10227778)
I have never found a Cardinal site worth a shit. VEB has great analysis in their articles, but the comments section is full of intolerable twats.

There was some forum RamsFan directed me to, but I got banned after like 20 posts because I argued with someone. I've only perused the Dispatch comments section occasionally, but I've heard it's absolutely noxious.

The board which I referred you to is completely different from CP. Any shit talking that's done here would be an instaban there.

It's still a pretty good board, though. Baseball talk is statistical and you don't have to go through any shit like you do at the STL Today forum. One downside, though, is that the social threads seem to be lacking as opposed to here.