ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear Andy, protect your quarterback. Signed, everyone. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336408)

JakeF 01-19-2021 04:12 PM

We should be more aggressive about our offensive line. Why is Wylie still here? You don't draft Niang in the 2nd if you know he has to sit out his 1st year. We needed someone to contribute THIS year. As soon as LDT opted out we should have been aggressive about adding someone on the Oline.

Reiter sucks, we continue to refuse to pay for a center?

How many players do with have on the team that can pass block AND run block? Most of our guys can do one or the other. Unacceptable.

When you pay your QB a half of a Billion dollars, you don't skimp on the offensive line. Indy did it to 2 of their Quarterback and everyone here destroyed them for it. Texans with Carr got destroyed. We are heading down the same stupid road.

We can do it, just have to focus more on the offensive line.

htismaqe 01-19-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15491897)
Yeah, he's been fine at that number. If he needs to be paid more than that, I'll look elsewhere.

Where you going to look, though? It won't be in free agency because from there, salaries DOUBLE and then TRIPLE for just an incremental improvement in play.

The best bet is to actually draft a center. The ceiling is much higher and the payout is much lower.

This is a team that's going to have to really rely on the draft because free agency just isn't going to be as easy to navigate with this many star contracts.

Finger/Butts fan 01-19-2021 04:31 PM

Neck injuries including a pinched nerve can be devastating IMO.
Spent the worst two months of my life layed up last winter from a pinched nerve in my neck. Arms going numb, messed up my stomach, felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife over and over again in my shoulder. Pain so intense sent my blood pressure into the lower 200's. If I'm Reid Mahomes is my backup (at 80 %)

Big fan of Mahomes and would not like to see his career cut short from injury.

O.city 01-19-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15491910)
Where you going to look, though? It won't be in free agency because from there, salaries DOUBLE and then TRIPLE for just an incremental improvement in play.

The best bet is to actually draft a center. The ceiling is much higher and the payout is much lower.

This is a team that's going to have to really rely on the draft because free agency just isn't going to be as easy to navigate with this many star contracts.

Just depends what happens with teh cap and such. I doubt they'll have much but they can make it work if they want. I'd rather draft one as well.

RunKC 01-19-2021 07:35 PM

This is the 2nd time Patrick has had a concussion or concussion-like symptoms, the first being at TTU.

We need to start treating him like a QB who has had trauma twice. Most short yardage needs to be a pass or RB/FB run/trick play.

RealSNR 01-19-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15492413)
This is the 2nd time Patrick has had a concussion or concussion-like symptoms, the first being at TTU.

We need to start treating him like a QB who has had trauma twice. Most short yardage needs to be a pass or RB/FB run/trick play.

There's nothing to stop Patrick from making his decision on the field to use his legs in the course of ANY play, whether designed or not.

Like Bieniemy said, he's a competitive prick. If he's been taught to do the thing for his safety, but the risky thing means his team wins, he's going to tell safety to go **** itself.

We might just have to live with that kind of thing until he gets older and forces himself to play differently because he HAS to in order to prolong his career.

RealSNR 01-19-2021 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figster/Bills fan (Post 15491948)
Neck injuries including a pinched nerve can be devastating IMO.
Spent the worst two months of my life layed up last winter from a pinched nerve in my neck. Arms going numb, messed up my stomach, felt like someone was stabbing me with a hot knife over and over again in my shoulder. Pain so intense sent my blood pressure into the lower 200's. If I'm Reid Mahomes is my backup (at 80 %)

Big fan of Mahomes and would not like to see his career cut short from injury.

He didn't get a pinched nerve, douche

Megatron96 01-20-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15492413)

**** all that. Seriously, **** ALL THAT SHIT.

he isn't Carson Wentz for ****'s sake. it was a flukey ****ing accident. Don't you nitwits get your panties in a big bunch over a once in a lifetime accident. Sack up, like Patrick, and let the man play ball.