ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Why Geno Smith fell in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272695)

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651577)
The hard thing about both Geno and EJs situations is that they are in the same division as Bill Billichick.

If I'm Marrone or Ryan, I probably sit the kid their rookie years.

JPB just keeps making my points for me and tries to stick his chest out afterwards.

"look at all these other Tedford quadrerbacksz lolz"

THATS THE POINT, SMART GUY. All of the quarterbacks that have won the superbowls recently have all had serious warts when they were prospects and trying to predict future success of a quarterback from college to the pros is very difficult to do.

Mike Mayock had Gabbert as his top quarterback and Colin Kaepernick tied with Ricky Stanzi as his fifth.

It happens.

We didnt draft the kid and I love Eric Fisher as a player and person and if we can get Albert locked up, our line should be awesome for a few years. Should be fun.

So your point is basically that the Chiefs should just piss away the draft and take Tyler Palko in the first round.

Every other team in the AFCW agrees with you. Great idea. :thumb:

BossChief 05-02-2013 12:10 AM

Yeah, dumbshit. That's exactly what I said.

Just Passin' By 05-02-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9651602)
Yeah, dumbshit. That's exactly what I said.

Even Peyton Manning had warts, dumbass. Teams have to evaluate the individual QB as best they can, and make a call. They can't just go drafting a QB in order to draft a QB. Your argument has been stupid every time you've made it, and it's not getting any better with time. Get that through your head and you'll be better off.

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9651531)
No, really, your only point is that you want to cry because you don't have a SB winning QB, and you're lashing out with really stupid arguments as a result. Players are called reaches for a reason, and most QBs who drop don't pan out, just as most QBs who don't drop don't lead teams to SBs. Your argument would apply to Brady and Warner, but also to the likes of Tyler Palko, for crying out loud, because they all should have been taken at the top of round one since they were QBs.

That should tell you that you don't really have a point. Somehow, I suspect it won't get through to you. So, I'll tell you what you should do. You should get a group of buyers together and purchase a team. Then, you should draft QB with every single pick you get in the draft. Keep doing that, because you just never know which QB will be the one.

As for Rodgers, here are the other Tedford round one QBs (making the likely mistake of assuming Wikipedia got something right instead of looking for a different source):

Trent Dilfer
David Carr
Akili Smith
Joey Harrington
Kyle Boller

Yeah, any team that worried about a Tedford QB with all that greatness to look back on must have been crazy.

why does Cassel's condom keep showing up to lecture us about QBs?

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9651450)
I'm including myself in the guilty because I thought that an FCS QB who couldn't beat out Tyler Palko would be a shit QB, but these are the posts from the 2008 draft thread as Flacco was drafted.

bingo

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 04:59 AM

jesus, in the cold light of morning this thread looks even worse for marcellus...

embarrassing

patteeu 05-02-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651671)
jesus, in the cold light of morning this thread looks even worse for marcellus...

embarrassing

Marcellus isn't the one who should be embarrassed.

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 06:15 AM

I'm starting to think Talking Can is one of the worst posters I've seen in a while. He makes the same delusional points over and over, and he thinks he is WINNING.

Marcellus 05-02-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651671)

embarrassing

No not at ll. You still couldn't find your ass with both hands and a compass dude let alone get the point.

I am not QB averse or risk averse. Never have been. I would have been fine with drafting Sanchez back in the day, I wanted Geno early on in the season until he began to migrate into a dumpster fire.

The point I have made over and over that you morons cant come to reality with is that Reid and Dorsey dont have anything to do with passing on the last 50 great QB's over the last 30 years nor was the lack of QB talent in this draft their fault.

Bitching about the past mistakes of others and using it against the current leadership is ****ing stupid. Its tiresome and its old

And then to top it off when this is pointed out I am called risk averse or gasp "true fan".

LMAO, call it what you want but I am not wasting my time complaining about the past failings of others who are gone day after day after ****ing day.

Hamas mr "critical thinker" cant even get past this shit.

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9651694)
No not at ll. You still couldn't find your ass with both hands and a compass dude let alone get the point.

I am not QB averse or risk averse. Never have been. I would have been fine with drafting Sanchez back in the day, I wanted Geno early on in the season until he began to migrate into a dumpster fire.

The point I have made over and over that you morons cant come to reality with is that Reid and Dorsey dont have anything to do with passing on the last 50 great QB's over the last 30 years nor was the lack of QB talent in this draft their fault.

Bitching about the past mistakes of others and using it against the current leadership is ****ing stupid. Its tiresome and its old

And then to top it off when this is pointed out I am called risk averse or gasp "true fan".

LMAO, call it what you want but I am not wasting my time complaining about the past failings of others who are gone day after day after ****ing day.

Hamas mr "critical thinker" cant even get past this shit.

This.

Talking Can should take his bullshit posts to genoplanet.com.

the Talking Can 05-02-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9651693)
I'm starting to think Talking Can is one of the worst posters I've seen in a while. He makes the same delusional points over and over, and he thinks he is WINNING.

there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan **** celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs

Lex Luthor 05-02-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9651703)
there's a one word answer to any argument proffered against drafting QBs, or claiming QBs are risky (they're not, ever), or just being a miserable true fan **** celebrating a RT with the #1 pick:

Chiefs

Take it to genoplanet, ****face.

MahiMike 05-02-2013 06:47 AM

What the Geno apologists don't get is that intelligence and attitude trump athletic skills. You can get away with that crap if you're a RB but not a QB in the NFL.

MahiMike 05-02-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650558)
we draft wife beaters, drug users, alcoholics, degenerates of every stripe

but a guy who texts on his phone...TOO RISKY

Wow, really? What job in America would be ok hiring someone that couldn't pay attention during the interview? He couldn't get a job at Home Depot let alone one that pays millions.

That's not a red flag, it's a friggin' matador cape!

KCUnited 05-02-2013 06:51 AM

Anyone hear that awkward interview between Jayice Pearson and Jason Cole yesterday on the Danny Parkins show? Pearson basically asked Cole what an NFL executive had to gain by making the Geno comments after the draft; saying that the executive should contact Geno with this feedback instead of releasing it to Cole as an anonymous source. Cole said he wasn't "here" to talk about that. Things became a little heated between Parkins and Pearson to the point Parkins apologized to the listeners for the last 30 minutes of radio. Polarizing topic it seems.

Pearson does have a point, it's a very ***** thing to do after the draft.