ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674)

KingPriest2 10-14-2004 09:10 AM

I think I figured out part of the show. What it is about.

Redemption.

Everyone has a issue of some kind, a secret. They have to confront it and overcome it.

KingPriest2 10-14-2004 03:24 PM

I found this on another site

Anyone make the connection with Locke and the 3rd ep. title?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this may be a reach, but if anyone is famillar with Philosophy, John Locke was a 17th century philosopher who was one of the originators of the "Tabula Rasa" theory of existince.

"Tabula Rasa" was the name of the 3rd episode. John is the first name of the boar hunting, formerly handicapped castaway.

Here's a bit of explanation:

"Locke was an empiricist, viz., all knowledge comes to us through experience. "No man's knowledge here can go beyond his experience." There is no such thing as innate ideas; there is no such thing as moral precepts9; we are born with an empty mind, with a soft tablet (tabula rasa) ready to be writ upon by experimental impressions. Beginning blank, the human mind acquires knowledge through the use of the five senses and a process of reflection. Not only has Locke's empiricism been a dominant tradition in British philosophy, but it has been a doctrine which with its method, experimental science, has brought on scientific discoveries ever since, scientific discoveries on which our modern world now depends."
"Goodbye, Sonny Malone..." Xanadu, 1982

unlurking 10-14-2004 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
Bob Dole sure wasn't expecting the Locke surprise...

After seeing it and recognizing that there were clues (toe wiggling return to consciousness, the shoe stealing scene...), it makes Bob Dole wish he had saved the recordings so he could re-watch and try to figure out more upcoming surprises.

One of the best new shows Bob Dole has seen in awhile.

Along the same lines, I'm wondering if the old black woman's husband may be alive elsewhere on the island.

unlurking 10-14-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPriest2
I found this on another site

Anyone make the connection with Locke and the 3rd ep. title?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this may be a reach, but if anyone is famillar with Philosophy, John Locke was a 17th century philosopher who was one of the originators of the "Tabula Rasa" theory of existince.

"Tabula Rasa" was the name of the 3rd episode. John is the first name of the boar hunting, formerly handicapped castaway.

Here's a bit of explanation:

"Locke was an empiricist, viz., all knowledge comes to us through experience. "No man's knowledge here can go beyond his experience." There is no such thing as innate ideas; there is no such thing as moral precepts9; we are born with an empty mind, with a soft tablet (tabula rasa) ready to be writ upon by experimental impressions. Beginning blank, the human mind acquires knowledge through the use of the five senses and a process of reflection. Not only has Locke's empiricism been a dominant tradition in British philosophy, but it has been a doctrine which with its method, experimental science, has brought on scientific discoveries ever since, scientific discoveries on which our modern world now depends."
"Goodbye, Sonny Malone..." Xanadu, 1982

Hmm, that would kind of fit with the redemption idea. Along the lines of a re-birthing. It would also state that Locke must have had some of that experience prior, whether military, survival, etc.

Ultra Peanut 10-15-2004 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Actually, I'll probably TiVo it and watch the game. That way I can skip the commercials. I love skipping commercials.

I've had Tivo for two months, and I still can't help but smile with glee every time I skip forward 30 seconds at a time and obliterate those commercials. Such a gratifying experience. :D

Ultra Peanut 10-15-2004 06:40 AM

This was fuggin' awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
I honestly don't think Locke killed that boar, but it was killed by the monster, and then he dragged it back to camp.

Same here. As for the legs... well, that's what miracles are for, right?

Ricardo Montalban was wearing sneakers.

KingPriest2 10-20-2004 06:09 PM

It's on

Deberg_1990 10-20-2004 06:19 PM

"Whats going on Sticks?" Man, i love this guy! LOL

Bob Dole 10-20-2004 06:27 PM

Oh shit.

Veronica Hamel didn't age worth a (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ).

Fairplay 10-20-2004 06:28 PM

That would be cool if that blonde pregnant lady had some wierd alien baby.

Deberg_1990 10-20-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Dole
Oh shit.

Veronica Hamel didn't age worth a (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ).

hahah..and u thought she would??? 20 years ago she looked like she had been rode hard and put away wet.

Bob Dole 10-20-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
hahah..and u thought she would??? 20 years ago she looked like she had been rode hard and put away wet.

You're a loon.

http://members.tgforum.com/jenniej/Photos/vh_psml.jpg

Fairplay 10-20-2004 06:42 PM

I think that Locke just gave some insight on the island.

POPpystar 10-20-2004 07:03 PM

another great show!!!!!

Deberg_1990 10-20-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POPpystar
another great show!!!!!

yep...this show is officially great.