ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Flopnuts Fatties Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262790)

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:07 PM

I'll tell you what dude, I always weigh about 20-25 more pounds in the summer than the winter. BBQ, Beer, don't work out in the summer. I always start working out hard, right after Labor Day. I quit chewing about 5 months ago, so I'm up about 25 this year. Surprisingly, I sport the extra 20-25 pounds fairly well, but I don't feel a fast. Count me in after Labor Day.

Planetman 08-24-2012 05:10 PM

I'm considering joint this group. My superhero tights are starting to get a wee bit snug these days.

Hammock Parties 08-24-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8848417)
I'll tell you what dude, I always weigh about 20-25 more pounds in the summer than the winter. BBQ, Beer, don't work out in the summer. I always start working out hard, right after Labor Day. I quit chewing about 5 months ago, so I'm up about 25 this year. Surprisingly, I sport the extra 20-25 pounds fairly well, but I don't feel a fast. Count me in after Labor Day.

That's interesting. For a lot of people it's the opposite.

Ceej 08-24-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Planetman (Post 8848423)
I'm considering joint this group. My superhero tights are starting to get a wee bit snug these days.

HOW RUDE!!!!!

Didn't you read Flop had a smoking problem?!?!!?

LOW BLOW!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:12 PM

Oh as far as Facebook, not going to happen. I have never had it and never will. I'm kind of a driven intense dude, (those here who know me in real life can back that) so I'm not worried about it. I will do my thing and report back to you guys here, if that works?

pr_capone 08-24-2012 05:16 PM

In... started the year at my heaviest point ever (317) and as of today am down to 282. Still a gigantic fat ass but plugging away at it. I've asked my work to extend my lunch break by a half an hour so that I can get to the gym (yes, we have a gym and showers at my work) between work sessions. Hopefully they can make the schedule work for them.

As for the normal weight loss stuff... really I am just being careful with what I eat. Trying my best to stay around 1500 calories per day. Doesn't always pan out but pretty damn close. I need to go down by a minimum of another 50lb.

GloryDayz 08-24-2012 05:17 PM

You go man.... Just never lose you! Be healthy, but be happy. I workout 5 days a week because i love it. Now, the treadmill is something that gets 20 minutes, NOT 21! It sucks, and I find it's usually what makes folks quit! For those who love it, good for you! I know when I lift, I lift with my son or alone - I can't stand chit-chat at the gym, but that's just me. For those of you chit-chatters, good for you (just move it to the sauna and get off the weights when you're talking).

What I'm saying is find what you love, and do it a often.

Just never quit!

Great job and a great choice man...

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8848425)

Yeah, I hear that all the time, but like I said, I eat a lot of Q / drink a lot more beer in the summer. Add to that the fact I DON'T work out in the summer, and there you have it. I bought one hell of a nice mountain bike earlier in the summer and hit the trails once with the damn thing. I need to stick to running, weights, the heavy bag and kick boxing. I spent a lot of years training people one on one, so I'm very good at smoking the weight, I just need to get started every September.

Planetman 08-24-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8848426)
HOW RUDE!!!!!

LOW BLOW!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Damn you, autocorrect!

NewChief 08-24-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8848440)
Yeah, I hear that all the time, but like I said, I eat a lot of Q / drink a lot more beer in the summer. Add to that the fact I DON'T work out in the summer, and there you have it. I bought one hell of a nice mountain bike earlier in the summer and hit the trails once with the damn thing. I need to stick to running, weights, the heavy bag and kick boxing. I spent a lot of years training people one on one, so I'm very good at smoking the weight, I just need to get started every September.

This is me. Every year I intend to stay lean and mean through the summer, but I get off my routine because I'm not reporting to my regular job (teaching). When I'm at work every day, I can regulate my diet easily. When I'm at home, hanging with the kids, going out on daytrip adventures with them, and such... it's really easy to have 2-3 "splurge" lunches, breakfasts, or brunches in a week. Those things add up pretty quick.

I work out more and am more active in the summer, but I also sit around and eat shit with the kids way more and drink a hell of a lot more beer.

I'm probably 10 lbs. heavy at the moment.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-24-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8848426)
HOW RUDE!!!!!

LOW BLOW!!!!

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Nah. I discovered that while Branson is a bit behind, sooner or later everything catches up. :bong: It's not that much more money than Seattle either, so bonus. Of course it's not as good, but it's certainly close enough. Everything is gravy on that train.

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8848450)
This is me. Every year I intend to stay lean and mean through the summer, but I get off my routine because I'm not reporting to my regular job (teaching). When I'm at work every day, I can regulate my diet easily. When I'm at home, hanging with the kids, going out on daytrip adventures with them, and such... it's really easy to have 2-3 "splurge" lunches, breakfasts, or brunches in a week. Those things add up pretty quick.

I work out more and am more active in the summer, but I also sit around and eat shit with the kids way more and drink a hell of a lot more beer.

I'm probably 10 lbs. heavy at the moment.

Yeah, it doesn't take long to hang on a few pounds if a guy is pounding the Q and beverages. I just like to take 3 months to say screw it during the summer, because the winters can be such a bitch around here. Enjoy it while you can.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-24-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 8848428)
Oh as far as Facebook, not going to happen. I have never had it and never will. I'm kind of a driven intense dude, (those here who know me in real life can back that) so I'm not worried about it. I will do my thing and report back to you guys here, if that works?

Of course. Facebook optional, I really only planned on doing it here. Welcome aboard. I do know someone that knows you personally. You're a ****in grizzly bear. :D

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8848425)

Side note: Are you still kicking ass in the gym. From what I remember, you smoked a ton of weight and go into top notch shape.

Bwana 08-24-2012 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8848468)
Of course. Facebook optional, I really only planned on doing it here. Welcome aboard. I do know someone that knows you personally. You're a ****in grizzly bear. :D

Heh, you have to be talking about Hondo, he's a good shit. We spent some time atving this summer and drained a few beers after the rides. (The last time too many!) He is up at Cooke this weekend hanging out with the grizzly's. I was up there for the last two weeks. I did chase a grizz off the traill last week with my Polaris. He didn't want anything to do with that machine. Lets just say it's not exactly stock and makes a lot more noise than an OEM. :)

Cooke last week: