ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Denver - LMAO John Fox is a moron (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268807)

Coogs 01-14-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9317361)
That loss in on Fox.

Total dumbass.

Now I have to see Ray Lewis another week. (puke)

FWIW, I thought the FG attempt at the end of the half was a way worse decision at the time than the punt at the end of the game. And that was before either play was attempted... not hindsight.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317400)
FWIW, I thought the FG attempt at the end of the half was a way worse decision at the time than the punt at the end of the game. And that was before either play was attempted... not hindsight.

All they needed was a first down at the end, game over.

PM could have easily made that.

kaplin42 01-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9310183)
If we want to hate on Fox, it's not for that play. It's for kneeling with 30 seconds and 2 TO's left.

This. I just don't understand. You have Peyton Manning, 2 time outs, and 30 seconds, how do you not try to get 50+/- yards and kick the winning FG. Truly a failed head coaching decision there.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9317416)
This. I just don't understand. You have Peyton Manning, 2 time outs, and 30 seconds, how do you not try to get 50+/- yards and kick the winning FG. Truly a failed head coaching decision there.

Sean Payton and Drew Brees would have been licking their chops with 30 sec and 2 timeouts left.

Coogs 01-14-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9317415)
All they needed was a first down at the end, game over.

PM could have easily made that.

Trust me, I get that first part.

I still don't fault them for running it though. JMO.

EDIT: Don't know what the stat line was at the time of the play, but here is for the 5+ Quarters on 3rd for the Bronco's. So it is obvious that they would have made the 7 yards. Right?

Third Downs Made 7
Third Down Attempt 16
Third Down Percentage 44

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz2HylCQla8

-King- 01-14-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Manning's Nuts (Post 9317345)
Wait...so king blames Manning more than Rahim Moore? That makes sense, you know, considering the 96% chance of victory after that last punt...only to see a safety make the worst play on a ball in NFL history.

Moore is directly responsible for the game being tied. Peyton is directly responsible for the game losing interception.

One play led to a tie. One led to the Ravens kicking the winning field goal.

Rausch 01-14-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9317086)
That's ridiculous. Manning does whatever he wants on the field.

He sure loses a lot of playoff games...

CoMoChief 01-14-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317216)
Sure. But if they throw the incomplete pass, the clock stops. Ravens have 40 to 45 more seconds to navigate that 80 or so yards (kind of a poor punt IMO).

That scenario plays out... and the Ravens score at the buzzer to tie, and this place would be screamming... why didn't they just run the ball on 3rd down... chew up some clock... and then punt it away.

I'd bet money on that.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

God I'm loving these Herm-loving reeruns coming right out of the closet!!! ROFL

Hootie 01-14-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9317742)
Moore is directly responsible for the game being tied. Peyton is directly responsible for the game losing interception.

One play led to a tie. One led to the Ravens kicking the winning field goal.

so Peyton wasn't directly responsible for engineering the late 4th quarter TD drive that led to their 7 point lead?

you say you run on 3rd and 7 because odds are in your favor that Flacco won't score...

but then you say Manning is more to blame for an OT pick then Moore is for giving up a 70 yard TD punt (yeah, I said punt) which was arguably the worst defense in NFL history...

you don't think that just MAYBE your hate for Manning is blinding you a bit here?

I thought the overtime pick was AWFUL...I consider it way worse than his pick against the Saints in the Super Bowl given the context of where the game was at the point of each pick...

but you're the same guy condoning a 3rd down run because odds are in your favor the Ravens won't score in that situation...but then you give Moore a free pass on a play that, according to stats, had a 2% chance of working...

Rahim Moore delivered the biggest choke job in NFL history Saturday...there really is no arguing.

You can label this as a Peyton choke if you want because certainly he threw a bad pick in OT...but you can't forget the fact that the game was in OT because of the WORST DEFENSIVE PLAY in the history of the league.

So again, you're dumb.

Hootie 01-14-2013 03:28 PM

I mean, there is really only one reason to consider Peyton a bigger choker in this game than Moore...and that's simply because of hatred for Peyton Manning.

MILKMAN considers Peyton the biggest choker ever...

I bet Milkman would agree Moore's choke job was A BILLION TIMES WORSE (THIS GAME) than Peyton Manning...who threw what would have been the game winning TD (albeit on a screen pass but he did engineer that entire drive) had Moore not, once again, delivered the most terrible play in NFL history.

houstonwhodat 01-14-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9317426)
Trust me, I get that first part.

I still don't fault them for running it though. JMO.

EDIT: Don't know what the stat line was at the time of the play, but here is for the 5+ Quarters on 3rd for the Bronco's. So it is obvious that they would have made the 7 yards. Right?

Third Downs Made 7
Third Down Attempt 16
Third Down Percentage 44

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz2HylCQla8

I'm not saying it would have been automatic, but hell it is PM not Matt Cassel.

Why not take a chance throwing instead of running?

I would have thrown it.

dirk digler 01-14-2013 03:44 PM

Manning isn't the biggest choker of all time that goes to Tony Romo

KChiefer 01-14-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9318053)
Manning isn't the biggest choker of all time that goes to Tony Romo

Yeah, but Romo went undrafted out of Eastern IL

seamonster 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

peyton manning's choked so many times in the playoff's I'd probably run the ball too. And he had a chance to win the game in overtime and he threw a super slow motion duck pass to the wrong team..

BlackHelicopters 01-14-2013 04:41 PM

Plenty of blame for all in Denver. Once in a lifetime series of mistakes adds up to a loss.