ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How have we not talked about spaghetti before? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313816)

listopencil 02-10-2018 04:00 AM

Make up some beef meatballs with Italian seasonings and let them sit in the fridge over night. Next day, bake them until they have a nice crust and add them to the sauce. Hamburger browned with salt and pepper then added into the sauce. Kielbasa pan fried until it has nice sear then sliced thickly and added to the sauce. Loose pork sausage browned in a skillet with seasonings then added to the sauce. Prepare and saute (in butter) some mushrooms, garlic cloves, mixed onions, water chestnuts.

That's where you start. You can then add your favorite stuff.

banecat 02-10-2018 05:00 AM

I just don't see why y'all waste your time in the kitchen makin' your own when there's plenty good versions in the canned goods aisle, and the frozen foods section of your local Wal-mart. They taste real good mixed together sometimes too

Buehler445 02-10-2018 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13410737)
FTR - motor oil is car gravy. Anti-freeze is car aioli.

ROFL ****ing gold!

Pablo 02-10-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 13411003)
Make up some beef meatballs with Italian seasonings and let them sit in the fridge over night. Next day, bake them until they have a nice crust and add them to the sauce. Hamburger browned with salt and pepper then added into the sauce. Kielbasa pan fried until it has nice sear then sliced thickly and added to the sauce. Loose pork sausage browned in a skillet with seasonings then added to the sauce. Prepare and saute (in butter) some mushrooms, garlic cloves, mixed onions, water chestnuts.

That's where you start. You can then add your favorite stuff.

This was my Nonna DiFracuccio's secrect ingredient as well. She always said you gotta put your nuts in the gravy.

GloucesterChief 02-10-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13411008)
I just don't see why y'all waste your time in the kitchen makin' your own when there's plenty good versions in the canned goods aisle, and the frozen foods section of your local Wal-mart. They taste real good mixed together sometimes too

Because it is easy and cheaper.

banecat 02-10-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 13411059)
Because it is easy and cheaper.

85 cent for boyardee. 99 cent for banquet frozen pasta. That's a 1.84 and even with the high sales tax in Kansas it's less than 2.05. If ya get both. Ya can't get no sauce for less than 1.99

AssEaterChief 02-10-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13411008)

Maybe because it's healthier and you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment making yourself an awesome meal...

How lazy and fat are you?

Pasta is one of the easier things to make….if you're that ****ing lazy by all means live out of cans from Wal-mart.

Simply Red 02-10-2018 01:38 PM

I've grown to love small-curd cottage cheese.

I'll eat it neighboring a mound of spaghetti. As far using it for Lasagna - I absolutely WILL use it before ricotta - it's versatile, I season it (as well) and layer it w/ the lasagna ingredients. It's important to mix in an egg before adding it to the casserole. It's moist and adds more of a creamy richness versus ricotta. I realize most Italians would shun away from this, that's fine. It is a tad bit more arduous to prepare and add into the casserole vs. ricotta (but well worth it!)

But yeah, that's just what I do.

I find green beans as well as cottage cheese pair nice w/ spaghetti.

Simply Red 02-10-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 13410700)
Any thoughts on Rao's or Newman's Own?

I like Newman's own a lot, never had any sauce varieties, I do like their salad dressings, also they make a nice non acidic coffee.

ptlyon 02-10-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13411348)
I've grown to love small-curd cottage cheese.

I'll eat it neighboring a mound of spaghetti. As far using it for Lasagna - I absolutely WILL use it before ricotta - it's versatile, I season it (as well) and layer it w/ the lasagna ingredients. It's important to mix in an egg before adding it to the casserole. It's moist and adds more of a creamy richness versus ricotta. I realize most Italians would shun away from this, that's fine. It is a tad bit more arduous to prepare and add into the casserole vs. ricotta (but well worth it!)

But yeah, that's just what I do.

I find green beans as well as cottage cheese pair nice w/ spaghetti.

You are absolutely dead to me

Simply Red 02-10-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13411360)
You are absolutely dead to me

don't knock it till you try it.

ptlyon 02-10-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13411365)
don't knock it till you try it.

No :harumph:

Simply Red 02-10-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13411368)
No :harumph:

it's fine. it's good though

Fire Me Boy! 02-10-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13411359)
I like Newman's own a lot, never had any sauce varieties, I do like their salad dressings, also they make a nice non acidic coffee.

Newman’s Own Marinara is good. Don’t care for the others.

stumppy 02-10-2018 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is pretty damn good for walmart gravy. about $5