ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

Mr. Plow 12-18-2009 06:40 PM

Anyone going to be on tonight?

Kraus 12-18-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6358403)
Anyone going to be on tonight?

I will be, but not until I get off work around 11. One of these nights you need to stay up and play with me and PantsOn. We normally play 5-10 games.

Buck 12-18-2009 07:15 PM

I'll be on

LaMesaCharger

Buck 12-18-2009 09:38 PM

I'm hopping on PS3 now. I'll hop on 360 in a few. I think 11 your time is 9 mine so I'll see you then.

Kraus 12-18-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6358738)
I'm hopping on PS3 now. I'll hop on 360 in a few. I think 11 your time is 9 mine so I'll see you then.

If you're talking to me, I'll see you on.

I should be on in about and hour and a half.

Buck 12-18-2009 10:39 PM

**** I hope I fix my ping issue before then.

Kraus 12-19-2009 02:26 PM

So last night was awesome.

Buck 12-19-2009 03:10 PM

**** man. I have no internet until Sunday Morning!!!!

Valiant 12-19-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6357537)
I'd like to know this too. I've been avoiding this game like the Plague until its fixed.

They suck, but a well placed claymore usually gets them for me after I die.. The only thing that pisses me off is the fact you can run through claymores without dieing and then add the double shotguns..

I always sit there and watch the death video to see if my claymore gets them.. Or the random claymore placing where no activity is going on and then move,, Generally 3-5 minutes later I see a random +100 points come up..

bowener 12-19-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6359909)
They suck, but a well placed claymore usually gets them for me after I die.. The only thing that pisses me off is the fact you can run through claymores without dieing and then add the double shotguns..

I always sit there and watch the death video to see if my claymore gets them.. Or the random claymore placing where no activity is going on and then move,, Generally 3-5 minutes later I see a random +100 points come up..

I get so ****ing pissed with the double lever action shotguns. Pisses me off that the devs decided some how that they are great medium distance weapons. So many times I have been killed in one double shot from about 50 yards away thinking my machine gun would easily take them out from that distance (them being too far for it to kill me).

bowener 12-19-2009 04:32 PM

Oh yeah, how do you guys post your gamer tags on here?

I'm a n00b gamer on live, so my stuff isn't all that impressive, but I would play with you guys sometime when I get a chance... not sure I will for about a week though. Dammit.

Dunit35 12-19-2009 05:47 PM

I'm getting tired of this game...online that is.

Too many cheesers running around with double shotguns or shooting someone before they knife me. No way can a person knife someone while getting shot in the stomach.

bowener 12-19-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6360136)
I'm getting tired of this game...online that is.

Too many cheesers running around with double shotguns or shooting someone before they knife me. No way can a person knife someone while getting shot in the stomach.

I fully agree with you on both of those problems.

Be sure to watch the kill cam when you are knifed. You may notice that you didn't even get a shot off on their screen. My assumption has always been that there is lag in the connection, and thus you think you shoot somebody before being stabbed, but that isn't really the case. There are times I stab a person and wonder why the **** they didn't see me or shoot me, guessing that is the same thing.

TrickyNicky 12-19-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6360204)

Be sure to watch the kill cam when you are knifed. You may notice that you didn't even get a shot off on their screen. My assumption has always been that there is lag in the connection, and thus you think you shoot somebody before being stabbed, but that isn't really the case. There are times I stab a person and wonder why the **** they didn't see me or shoot me, guessing that is the same thing.

Yes, there is lag in the connection. No dedicated servers and no way to actually pick which game to connect to kind of cement that fact. When you first hit join game type, it will look for 50ms games..... then 100ms..... Games with 4 bars are noticeably better in the hit detection department.

wild1 12-19-2009 07:02 PM

according to the wiki the shotguns were nerfed with 1.07. the range was greatly reduced when using Akimbo, range is unchanged otherwise.

Kraus 12-19-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6360326)
according to the wiki the shotguns were nerfed with 1.07. the range was greatly reduced when using Akimbo, range is unchanged otherwise.

No patch yet for the 360. PS3 one I think has gone out.

Pants 12-19-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6360326)

That's ****ing garbage... They needed to nerf that shit into oblivion, BOTH akimbo and single in BOTH range and damage.

Dunit35 12-19-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6360923)
That's ****ing garbage... They needed to nerf that shit into oblivion, BOTH akimbo and single in BOTH range and damage.

What the rock is "nerf"?

Played 4-5 games tonight. I think half the players in each game was running around with double shotguns. One d-bag was running around full sprint, either stabbing or shooting with double shottys. This game is slowly being ruined for me.

I wish they had a set-up on the game that doesn't allow double weapons.

TinyEvel 12-20-2009 12:30 AM

I played for about 45 minutes today and had a crap session. Not one game where my KD ratio was positive. Agree that the double-shotgunners are frustrating. One of my favorite levels: Hi-Rise, I was getting blasted before I even barely saw a guy.
I just turned the system off midgame and went upstairs.
I hadn't played in about five days and it seems since that time everyone has improved a huge jump and I'm left out? I know that's not the case but damn it sucked. I think I'll just spend my break finishing Bioshock and Borderlands SP.

QuikSsurfer 12-20-2009 01:28 AM

Switch to hardcore

Valiant 12-20-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6360204)

Yeah, I am cam-whore.. I shot this guy 3-5 times, point blank, he knifes me.. Watch kill cam.. None of it hit him on his side..

Seen a new cheat tonight though, guy kept going deathless.. Literally he received no damage.. ****er even ran through two of my claymores and got no damage.. Hooked up my mic and bitched him out, he proceeded to leave the game when I called him on it..

The Franchise 12-21-2009 11:02 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnK_PhN48DQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AnK_PhN48DQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild1 12-21-2009 11:09 AM

There should be configurable 'realism' settings, such as no antiquated weapons being used, no akimbo. Something bearing more of a resemblance to "modern warfare"

Buck 12-21-2009 11:19 AM

I think if you are holding a shotgun you need to use 2 hands, and thus can't run around like Carl Lewis while blasting away.

Pants 12-21-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6361470)
What the rock is "nerf"?

Played 4-5 games tonight. I think half the players in each game was running around with double shotguns. One d-bag was running around full sprint, either stabbing or shooting with double shottys. This game is slowly being ruined for me.

I wish they had a set-up on the game that doesn't allow double weapons.

You know how Nerf guns don't really hurt when you get shot with them? To Nerf something means to make it weaker.

wild1 12-21-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6366940)
I think if you are holding a shotgun you need to use 2 hands, and thus can't run around like Carl Lewis while blasting away.

I don't think there should be akimbo anything. The entire concept is cartoonish.

Buck 12-21-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6367088)
I don't think there should be akimbo anything. The entire concept is cartoonish.

Right, but I'm saying to hold 1 shotgun should take 2 hands.

wild1 12-21-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6367110)
Right, but I'm saying to hold 1 shotgun should take 2 hands.

yes... shotguns especially, but the entire concept of akimbo anything is cartoonish and should be removed.

that being said, the bouncing shotgun cheesers are just an annoyance, most people don't play that way so I'm not going to let it ruin my day.

I've been having a lot of fun with Ground War. It's nice because people instead of just wandering around trying to get kills play more like a team. they attempt to defend approaches and attack a position in numbers, and behave more realistically. There are so many opposing players on the map, you can't usually get away with stupidity.

Sofa King 12-21-2009 01:59 PM

just got my akimbo shotguns today... i plan on spending the rest of the week hunting down other 2 shotgunners for revenge.... should be fun... it's amazing, i've practically doubled my kills counts per game...

funny the difference when you can run into rooms blindly blazing away...

Dunit35 12-21-2009 10:37 PM

I got a in game message saying "tranmission saved or something". Anybody know what that is?

TinyEvel 12-22-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6369009)
I got a in game message saying "tranmission saved or something". Anybody know what that is?

It's an in-game ad for AAMCO.

Kraus 12-22-2009 07:10 PM

360 patch will be live soon:

http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo/status/6946843294

Crashride 12-23-2009 12:01 AM

time to get those shottys nerfed

QuikSsurfer 12-23-2009 01:50 AM

Shottys come after the server and party issues.

Mr. Plow 12-23-2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6371559)

Sweet.

Mr. Plow 12-23-2009 02:36 PM

Inside the home......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Ux7a05OeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Ux7a05OeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sofa King 12-23-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6373762)
Inside the home......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Ux7a05OeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/82Ux7a05OeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wow... over the top!

Molitoth 12-23-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6373762)
Inside the home......

What a fucking pussy.

I love campers.... they are easy to kill because I know they are there thanks to my nifty heartbeat sensor.

There are ways to get around everything in this game. People just need to learn to be smart and quit being babies.

Run & Gun is NOT a realistic way to partake in modern warfare. Playing NOT TO DIE should be the goal in this game. Instead you have dumb****s like this complainer who get pissed because his tactic of running around aimlessly gets his ass killed.

The teams that play as a team and not individuals will win the majority of the time.

Pants 12-23-2009 11:31 PM

To those I play with on a regular basis, some of you know each other IRL, but I'm a complete stranger so here's my mug. Now you can have a face to go along with the voice of the douchebag on the mic :)

It looks just like my avatar!

Me at work earlier today:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1465/workton.th.jpg

You don't have to post yours, but it'd be cool to know what you pillowbiters look like, lol.

Valiant 12-24-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6374475)
What a fucking pussy.

I love campers.... they are easy to kill because I know they are there thanks to my nifty heartbeat sensor.

There are ways to get around everything in this game. People just need to learn to be smart and quit being babies.

Run & Gun is NOT a realistic way to partake in modern warfare. Playing NOT TO DIE should be the goal in this game. Instead you have dumb****s like this complainer who get pissed because his tactic of running around aimlessly gets his ass killed.

The teams that play as a team and not individuals will win the majority of the time.

I am a camper, I get hit every now and then.. I run with coldblooded, scavenger and ninja I believe.. There is always two claymores hidden by me.. I have one setup where they see me running and think they are going to knife me from behind just to run into one of my claymores.. Oh how sweet it is..

Hell one game last night, guy was yelling on my team that I was not doing anything.. We ended up winning by 2000 and I was leading the way with 19k 5d.. He did not talk to me the other games..

Mr. Plow 12-24-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6375329)
To those I play with on a regular basis, some of you know each other IRL, but I'm a complete stranger so here's my mug. Now you can have a face to go along with the voice of the douchebag on the mic :)

It looks just like my avatar!

Me at work earlier today:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/1465/workton.th.jpg

You don't have to post yours, but it'd be cool to know what you pillowbiters look like, lol.

So, that's what a gay person looks like...

:)

Ceej 12-24-2009 02:47 PM

My sexy mug is somewhere on the Face thread in the picture forum.

Or you can facebook me, babygirl.

Pants 12-24-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6376330)
My sexy mug is somewhere on the Face thread in the picture forum.

Or you can facebook me, babygirl.

My account has been closed for a long time. Facebook is a mother****er.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-25-2009 01:15 AM

So, my wife got this for me. I played all the way through Campaign Mode last night. Never played any COD game, but I do have a decent amount of Halo 3 experience.

What are some tips that you would give this n00b for multiplayer? What about class creation, etc?

KCChiefsMan 12-25-2009 03:35 AM

yes, Christmas is National Pwn Noobs Day in the Call of Duty World. Since I couldn't get out of Lawrence (weather), this will be how I spend my xmas.

Crashride 12-25-2009 09:02 AM

my name is HEYISTHATCHICKN add me up people I want to play with yall

Skyy God 12-25-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6377289)
So, my wife got this for me. I played all the way through Campaign Mode last night. Never played any COD game, but I do have a decent amount of Halo 3 experience.

What are some tips that you would give this n00b for multiplayer? What about class creation, etc?

First, it's not as forgiving as the last 2 CODs for running & gunning (aka flanking). Staying close to teammates and playing methodically is probably the best strategy.

As for classes, it really depends on whether you prefer SMGs or ARs.

Skyy God 12-25-2009 12:25 PM

Btw, Amazon has this for $40 as the deal of the day.

Valiant 12-25-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 6377650)
First, it's not as forgiving as the last 2 CODs for running & gunning (aka flanking). Staying close to teammates and playing methodically is probably the best strategy.

As for classes, it really depends on whether you prefer SMGs or ARs.

This.. Your k/d will suck horribly until you learn the maps.. I also think claymores are amazing, use them to cover your back.. Try unlocking the red dot site as soon as you can.. I like the SCAR-H..

Pants 12-25-2009 04:36 PM

Play regular TDM till you're about level 35. Once you know the maps, switch to Hardcore (which compares to SWAT mode in Halo 3 . i.e. takes a lot less to kill and die). Coldblood is a must, other perks are up to you.

90% of the time I run:

Blue - Bling
Red - Coldblood
Yellow - SitRep

Best gun for regular = SCAR-H
Hardcore = ACR

These are just my opinions :)

TinyEvel 12-25-2009 05:23 PM

Play multiplayer today and this week as much as possible. It's n00b season. all those kids who got it for Christmas are online.

I played about 90 minutes today and got a 3 to 1 KDR average. Yesterday was the first time I had a tactical nuke used against me. Man, the futility. ROFL

DBOSHO 12-25-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6377289)

Just camp. Thats what everyone else does.

Kraus 12-25-2009 06:52 PM

Anybody going to be on tonight?

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-25-2009 06:54 PM

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the mission with Makarov?

Molitoth 12-25-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6378026)
Am I the only one who absolutely loves the mission with Makarov?

I didn't understand it when I played it...

Killing hundreds of civilians...

I should play it again and listen to the storyline.

Skyy God 12-25-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 6377902)
Play multiplayer today and this week as much as possible. It's n00b season. all those kids who got it for Christmas are online.

I played about 90 minutes today and got a 3 to 1 KDR average. Yesterday was the first time I had a tactical nuke used against me. Man, the futility. ROFL

It's noob-toberfest! I went 19-5 and 20-7 in my first two games.

The sword also cuts both ways. The last team went 26-75.

Hammock Parties 12-25-2009 10:56 PM

Well, this looks promising.

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...5/gruppe_1.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/14/13705/08.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1...wip_endor1.jpg

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aphtbAi-wOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aphtbAi-wOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-25-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6378181)
I didn't understand it when I played it...

Killing hundreds of civilians... .

That's why I loved it.

rad 12-26-2009 09:20 AM

If you guys could forgive my ignorance, we're new to PS3 and I got my son one for x-mas along with MW2, and the dude finished it last night, and I am wondering why the game said 50% complete. I told him he probably missed a bunch of side missions or something? No way a game like this can be completed in 6 hrs.

Mr. Plow 12-26-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 6378638)
If you guys could forgive my ignorance, we're new to PS3 and I got my son one for x-mas along with MW2, and the dude finished it last night, and I am wondering why the game said 50% complete. I told him he probably missed a bunch of side missions or something? No way a game like this can be completed in 6 hrs.

Sounds like he didn't do it on Veteran. Completing it on veteran and collecting all the intel pieces will give him 100% completion.

TinyEvel 12-26-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Probably included in 100 percent completion are the two-player co-op missions (SpecOps)

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-26-2009 12:59 PM

Special Ops is a completely different category from Campaign.

Valiant 12-26-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

There are four difficulty settings.. Finishing on the hardest level will give him 100%

Kraus 12-26-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6379062)
There are four difficulty settings.. Finishing on the hardest level will give him 100%

Plus I think you have to find all the intel computers. There are 45 of them.

Valiant 12-26-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6379069)
Plus I think you have to find all the intel computers. There are 45 of them.

I think those extra, you can go over 100%.. I have only found one because I am not really looking for them on veteran and I am over 75% and not even half way done..

Kraus 12-26-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6379074)
I think those extra, you can go over 100%.. I have only found one because I am not really looking for them on veteran and I am over 75% and not even half way done..

You can't go over 100% or I would have. Veteran completion and 45/45 = 100% Campaign completion.

rad 12-26-2009 04:35 PM

Thanks guys. I knew there had to be more to this game than that!

jiveturkey 12-26-2009 08:00 PM

I don't have this game but I watched my 11 year old nephew play for hours yesterday and he would usually have 30-50 kills per game and 90% of those were with a knife. It's comical.

I can shoot someone 15 times and they turn around and kill me with 1 shot.

Valiant 12-26-2009 08:15 PM

Anyone else have problems getting into games since the patch.. It will cycle through about 30times and only find one match, before the patch I would find 18-24 games in ten seconds..

Buck 12-27-2009 12:15 AM

Man I suck when I play by myself. I need friends to play with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pushead2 12-27-2009 06:23 AM

Pinto333333 on ps3 what's y'all names on there??

Mr. Plow 12-27-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6378665)
Sounds like he didn't do it on Veteran. Completing it on veteran and collecting all the intel pieces will give him 100% completion.

You all have me on ignore? **** you too. :D

QuikSsurfer 12-27-2009 11:48 AM

Anyone down for some Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight? Or hardcore Search and Destroy?

Kraus 12-27-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6380515)
Anyone down for some Hardcore Team Deathmatch tonight? Or hardcore Search and Destroy?

I'd be down again, I get off work at 11 p.m. CST.

Kraus 12-27-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6380491)
You all have me on ignore? **** you too. :D

Nobody listens to you.

Mr. Plow 12-27-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6381801)
Nobody listens to you.

I should have guess considering not even my wife pays attention to what I say.

Kraus 12-27-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6382211)
I should have guess considering not even my wife pays attention to what I say.

:) :p :D :loser: nlm

Valiant 12-27-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 6380515)

Man hardcore is becoming unreal tournament.. Faced a team where almost all were running around with the rocketlaunchers and just trying to kill with splash damage.. We won barely but that was no fun, basically just running and gunning which is unusual..

QuikSsurfer 12-28-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6382263)
Man hardcore is becoming unreal tournament.. Faced a team where almost all were running around with the rocketlaunchers and just trying to kill with splash damage.. We won barely but that was no fun, basically just running and gunning which is unusual..

I've been playing increasingly more Hardcore games with people running around with the grenade attachment and just counting on splash damage.. ****ing pisses me off... but when I'm playing hardcore, I tend to lean on my sniper class and the ****ers can't see me when I'm laying down in tall grass or the like... easy headshot.
I understand what you're saying though. I'll put this game down when the new Battlefield comes out.

Ceej 01-03-2010 12:57 AM

Man, I've found a really, really easy way to boost your K:DR in a couple of nights. I've just played around (mostly with a buddy of mine who got the game) on Ground Wars. I've raised my K:DR from 1.11 to 1.20 in a couple of nights.