ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Buck 11-21-2011 02:35 PM

But it's not a zombie show.

It's a show about Rick Grimes' life, where he happens to live in a work that has zombies.

Same with the comic. The creators have said that many times.

blaise 11-21-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8127926)

It's a show about Rick Grimes' life, where he happens to live in a work that has zombies.

That may be the case, but right now I don't consider Rick's scenes to be all that interesting.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8127926)

The creators need to realize that people want zombies. Rick is boring and dull.

Ceej 11-21-2011 03:57 PM

I could be mistaken, but.... wasn't a zombie gnawing on Darryl's leg when he woke up from his daydreaming??

Buck 11-21-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8128144)
The creators need to realize that people want zombies. Rick is boring and dull.

The ratings disagree.

Rick lives the most depressing life in the world and it's only going to get worse.

kcxiv 11-21-2011 04:04 PM

This show is a ratings beast. Just because a few people dont like that its not pure zombie doesnt matter one ****ing bit to the people swimming in the money for this show. lol

Its pretty decent i like it, and Vivian Volkoff is hot. lol

kaplin42 11-21-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8128145)
I could be mistaken, but.... wasn't a zombie gnawing on Darryl's leg when he woke up from his daydreaming??

On his shoe.

Which was odd, why would the zombie pick the shoe, and not the other 6 ft of delicious human to gnaw on?

kaplin42 11-21-2011 04:06 PM

Talking about a scene in the latest episode, if you haven't had a chance to watch yet, don't click.

Spoiler!

Royal Fanatic 11-21-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8128167)
This show is a ratings beast. Just because a few people dont like that its not pure zombie doesnt matter one ****ing bit to the people swimming in the money for this show. lol

Its pretty decent i like it, and Vivian Volkoff is hot. lol

I think the show is a ratings beast because it was so good LAST YEAR.

This year it is excruciatingly slow. There are good and interesting scenes here and there, but it doesn't grab my interest the way it did last year.

Gonzo 11-21-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8128174)
Talking about a scene in the latest episode, if you haven't had a chance to watch yet, don't click.

Spoiler!

LMAO

I thought it was another Zombie!

Buck 11-21-2011 04:14 PM

People have been talking shit about this show after every single episode, both seasons...except maybe the pilot.

Not everyone is going to like it. I love it.

I love post-apocalyptic stuff. Sure they are still at the barn and looking for the kid, but shit is still happening. They are doing stuff they need to do to survive.

Brock 11-21-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8128161)
The ratings disagree.

Rick lives the most depressing life in the world and it's only going to get worse.

The ratings are good because people are waiting around for the show to get good again. That won't last.

Nobody gives a shit about the pregnant woman or the blond bimbo's emotional problems.

Brock 11-21-2011 04:36 PM

Should be pretty obvious the brains of that show left.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2011 04:42 PM

Isn't the morning after pill, literally the morning after pill? Why is she taking it/them 40 days later? Couldn't the Asian kid find a coat hanger?

Gonzo 11-21-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8128199)
People have been talking shit about this show after every single episode, both seasons...except maybe the pilot.

Not everyone is going to like it. I love it.

I love post-apocalyptic stuff. Sure they are still at the barn and looking for the kid, but shit is still happening. They are doing stuff they need to do to survive.

Oh, I am enjoying it. It is a little slow right now but I think it's an excellent show. I understand their need for Character development and all but it's just a little slower now that in the 1st season.

I had a chance today to read the comic books Wiki, I found it very interesting and I think it would make a good book.

Hey Buck, if you're really into the post-apocalyptic stuff, I have a book that I recommend, (Highly).

Here you go:

http://www.robertmccammon.com/novels/swan_song.html

It would have made a hell of a movie.

Ceej 11-21-2011 04:48 PM

I've not read the comic. But, I thought this week's episode was certainly the best of season 2. I'm intrigued by the barn full of zombies, and what Rick will do.

aturnis 11-21-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8128331)
I've not read the comic. But, I thought this week's episode was certainly the best of season 2. I'm intrigued by the barn full of zombies, and what Rick will do.

What? Nothing ****ing happened!

Shogun 11-21-2011 05:34 PM

Wish I never read the comics lol

Ceej 11-21-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8128411)
What? Nothing ****ing happened!

I left my neatly-written synopsis at home.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:16 PM

This isn't a traditional zombie movie, it's something considerably different. Some people still need to get their heads around that.

That isn't to say that they couldn't be doing more with character development. They certainly could be. For example, I don't think they could make Rick more uninteresting right now if they tried.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128293)
Should be pretty obvious the brains of that show left.

The new showrunner wrote this week's episode, which might have been the best in the season so far.

Brock 11-21-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128574)
The new showrunner wrote this week's episode, which might have been the best in the season so far.

That's pretty weak praise.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128580)
That's pretty weak praise.

I think you're imagining the quality dropoff from season 1 to season 2. I don't think there's been a dropoff in quality at all. It's never been a great show (although the pilot led people to believe that it might have that potential), but it's never been bad either.

Brock 11-21-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128591)
I think you're imagining the quality dropoff from season 1 to season 2. I don't think there's been a dropoff in quality at all. It's never been a great show (although the pilot led people to believe that it might have that potential), but it's never been bad either.

Well, you're out of your mind. Last season was fantastic.

Jamie 11-21-2011 06:40 PM

I think it's suffering because of the budget cuts. Even before Darabont was fired AMC was asking for 13 episodes for less than they paid for the 7 episodes of the first season. Moving around costs money, so the first half of this season (at least) gets stuck in one place.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128615)
Well, you're out of your mind. Last season was fantastic.

No, the pilot was fantastic. And the episode where Merle cut off his own hand was good. The rest (and the last 3 episodes in particular)... mediocre.

Stop with the undeserved hate and have some patience.

Brock 11-21-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128664)
No, the pilot was fantastic. And the episode where Merle cut off his own hand was good. The rest (and the last 3 episodes in particular)... mediocre.

Stop with the undeserved hate and have some patience.

No, the entire season was fantastic. If last season were what you are saying it was, I wouldn't be complaining about this season. This season is meh in comparison to last season. This farm storyline sucks ass.

Stop sucking at evaluating TV.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128817)
No, the entire season was fantastic. If last season were what you are saying it was, I wouldn't be complaining about this season.

You're complaining about this season because you lack patience and understanding. There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I like it quite a bit more overall as they needed to spend this time developing characters to further the series as a whole.

Quote:

This season is meh in comparison to last season. This farm storyline sucks ass.

This is what I would call selective memory. The plot may have developed at a quicker pace to draw audiences in Season 1, but that doesn't make it better.

Aries Walker 11-21-2011 08:57 PM

As for the last three episodes of season 1, I wasn't crazy about the segments in the CDC, but the nighttime zombie attack was one of the most chilling moments I've ever seen on television.

aturnis 11-21-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8128591)

This. So ****ing this.

Brock 11-21-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8130013)
You're complaining about this season because you lack patience and understanding. There's nothing wrong with it. In fact, I like it quite a bit more overall as they needed to spend this time developing characters to further the series as a whole.

This is what I would call selective memory. The plot may have developed at a quicker pace to draw audiences in Season 1, but that doesn't make it better.

No, I don't lack patience. I'm watching the walking dead, not some woman's show about women whining. This show doesn't need more character development, it needs more action, like LAST SEASON HAD. This storyline sucks, the characters they're focusing on the most are the least interesting, there is much, much less action and a lot more standing around. This season isn't anywhere near as good as season one, period. You're absolutely clueless about what this show is supposed to be, and you actually sit there and defend the fact that they're making the show less interesting for financial reasons on the basis of "character development". :rolleyes: Man, you're a real genious.

aturnis 11-21-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8128817)
No, the entire season was fantastic. If last season were what you are saying it was, I wouldn't be complaining about this season. This season is meh in comparison to last season. This farm storyline sucks ass.

MAYBE the first three episode of last season were pretty good. The season went out with bad acting and a whimper.

Brock 11-21-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8130788)
MAYBE the first three episode of last season were pretty good. The season went out with bad acting and a whimper.

Well, that's one opinion, but at least they weren't making the show as cheap as possible. I thought the Vatos episode was very good, and I liked the CDC storyline too.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8130756)
No, I don't lack patience. I'm watching the walking dead, not some woman's show about women whining. This show doesn't need more character development, it needs more action, like LAST SEASON HAD.

You do understand that the title, The Walking Dead has a double meaning, right? The show is about these characters and their plight far more than its about watching zombies eat each week.

Quote:

This storyline sucks, the characters they're focusing on the most are the least interesting, there is much, much less action and a lot more standing around.
Bullshit. They've turned Shane into the most interesting character on the show, a sociopath capable of just about anything, and they're focusing on him quite a bit. From what I understand, this is a massive departure from what happened in the source material.

Quote:

This season isn't anywhere near as good as season one, period.
Again...selective memory. Season one wasn't that great. A few episodes were, but it never reached the level of greatness. It didn't even come close. If this show has any hope of reaching that level (and I'm not sure that it does), it needs to develop its characters and their motives.

Quote:

You're absolutely clueless about what this show is supposed to be, and you actually sit there and defend the fact that they're making the show less interesting for financial reasons on the basis of "character development". :rolleyes: Man, you're a real genious.
You'd be right if the show was getting less interesting. But it's not. Conflict is growing amongst the survivors and their groups. We're learning a lot more about the characters and it's progressing exactly as they should be. Massive zombie attacks each week don't add anything.

aturnis 11-21-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8130120)
As for the last three episodes of season 1, I wasn't crazy about the segments in the CDC, but the nighttime zombie attack was one of the most chilling moments I've ever seen on television.

The terrible character development and acting last season made the slow parts even slower. The sisters fishing in the boat was insufferable. Daryl's accent was WAY too thick and stuff was just forgettable.

I fail to see just how this was the best episode of the season. Other than the Shane/Dale exchange, this episode wasn't too exciting at all. The episode where Otis and Shane went to the school was damned good, as was the episode where Daryl went down. I actually stood up when I saw the Zombie gnawing on his boot. I thought he was a goner. Can't kill Daryl, he's muh hero.

When is the Cancer patient mom gonna join her daughter in the missing persons section of the show? She adds NOTHING to the show. PERIOD. Black guy really doesn't either, he is seldom highlighted and has dropped the ball as an actor numerous times. It really is as though he's kept around b/c he's black. Don't have a real problem with any of the other characters though.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8130788)

Not sure why some can't remember the mediocre last few episodes last season. Perhaps it's that they just don't want to.

KC_Connection 11-21-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8130888)
When is the Cancer patient mom gonna join her daughter in the missing persons section of the show? She adds NOTHING to the show. PERIOD. Black guy really doesn't either, he is seldom highlighted and has dropped the ball as an actor numerous times. It really is as though he's kept around b/c he's black. Don't have a real problem with any of the other characters though.

I'm thinking they're the next to go...whenever the next to go goes. When they are fortunate enough to get lines, neither say anything interesting.

aturnis 11-21-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8130756)
No, I don't lack patience. I'm watching the walking dead, not some woman's show about women whining. This show doesn't need more character development, it needs more action, like LAST SEASON HAD. This storyline sucks, the characters they're focusing on the most are the least interesting, there is much, much less action and a lot more standing around. This season isn't anywhere near as good as season one, period. You're absolutely clueless about what this show is supposed to be, and you actually sit there and defend the fact that they're making the show less interesting for financial reasons on the basis of "character development". :rolleyes: Man, you're a real genious.

It actually appears that you are the one who is clueless as to what this show is actually supposed to be...It's not called RARRRRRRR Zombies! It is a show about the people. If it was about Zombie madness and action, there would be a lot more killings and deaths and they would be forced to follow multiple groups in order to have living characters to follow as the death count would have dwindled this group down long ago.

Brock 11-21-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8131011)
It actually appears that you are the one who is clueless as to what this show is actually supposed to be...It's not called RARRRRRRR Zombies! It is a show about the people. If it was about Zombie madness and action, there would be a lot more killings and deaths and they would be forced to follow multiple groups in order to have living characters to follow.

Yeah...a group of people....standing around on a farm that's magically protected from zombies by a wood fence 3 feet high....jesus christ. :drool:

This season is what you get when you fire the talent that made it work to begin with.

aturnis 11-21-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8131041)
Yeah...a group of people....standing around on a farm that's magically protected from zombies by a wood fence 3 feet high....jesus christ. :drool:

This season is what you get when you fire the talent that made it work to begin with.

Whatever hombre. It's about people and how they survive, thrive and change in a new world full of danger, fear and seclusion, not to mention the absence of hope. What hope remains? Lori has been ready to quite multiple times. Now the dynamic of bringing a child into such a world?

First Shane wigs out, then Carl points out that everything is food for something else, and now what would happen with a child? The nature vs. nurture aspect. Shane is willing to abandon all morals he knew and upheld in his pre zombie life in order to survive. Carl has already begun to see how dreadful and inhumane the world has become, what about a child who knows nothing else? No fear, morals, remorse, compassion?

No, this show is about mindless zombie kills. If this show were full of zombie swarms every episode and this small group survived long enough to run for multiple seasons, it'd be incredibly unrealistic.

What would you do if it were you? Would you not want to stay at a secluded farmhouse that is protected on one side by a ravine and everywhere else b/c it's(again) off the beaten trail, secluded. Why would there be droves of zombies in the middle of the wilderness? Makes sense to me that the farmhouse is safe. Also has a good tactical advantage of being surrounded by fields in which it is easy to spot a walker approached hundreds of yards away, the fence is just a bonus. Add in electricity, plumbing and most importantly medical/surgical aid, it is a place anyone would want to hunker down.

aturnis 11-21-2011 10:27 PM

I'd like to see them follow Merle, where he wound up, and with whom. If they're just as dangerous as he is. Give the show multiple plot lines to follow and develop, even though they have trouble with just the one it seems.

Kind of sucks to say, I've seen WB/CW trash with better acting, writing and progression of the plot than this show. The shows biggest flaw is its writers. Period. The fact that many of the actors are full of fail when it matters doesn't help one bit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-21-2011 10:30 PM

There are just too many episodes this season. That's why you have so much inaction.

notorious 11-21-2011 11:01 PM

I don't understand why they blew through Season One's plot when they should have slowed down and now they are crawling when the show needs burst.

Still watchable, but it needs to go somewhere. Shane is about the only interesting character right now.

Buck 11-22-2011 03:44 AM

FWIW, I think the worst episode of the series is that Vatos episode from season 1.

I mean, are you ****ing kidding me?

Buck 11-22-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8131566)
I don't understand why they blew through Season One's plot when they should have slowed down and now they are crawling when the show needs burst.

Still watchable, but it needs to go somewhere. Shane is about the only interesting character right now.

COMIC SPOILERS HERE

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 11-22-2011 06:29 AM

Season 1 was a great show. Even with the parts I didn't particularly like - yeah, the sisters chatting in the rowboat was dreadful - it still was better than most things you find on network TV. It was a compelling story, well told, with a good cast, and with great moments like the guys defending the old folks' home, and Jim asking to be left on the side of the road.

Season 2, it's still a great show, but I do think it's suffering from sophomore slump. It doesn't feel as scary as it did - almost everything happens during the day, and they have a place of safety. That changes the dynamic. It's still a good show, I just hope they're working towards something that will make it all worth it, and the show doesn't end up eating itself, like Twin Peaks or Lost did.

I loved the scene where they're hiding as the horde shambles by, and the scene with Carol and Dwayne when she brings him dinner, and this recent showdown between Dale and Shane. That was great stuff.

blaise 11-22-2011 07:52 AM

I like the show, it's better than most stuff on TV. I'll keep watching it, but I don't blame people for saying the pacing is too slow, and I agree. And I don't think that makes me a, "WHAR'S THE ZOMBIE KILLIN'! I need zombie killing and explosions and stuff!"
I get that it's a story about people, and I can appreciate that. But the pacing isn't good. Arguments between two characters is a form of conflict, but I don't think it's been very effective in most scenes.

bevischief 11-22-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8132113)
COMIC SPOILERS HERE

Spoiler!

They would be kick ass if those 2 show up.

Los Pollos Hermanos 11-22-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8127981)
That may be the case, but right now I don't consider Rick's scenes to be all that interesting.

Rick is the worst male character on the show.

blaise 11-22-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 8132363)
Rick is the worst male character on the show.

His signature move is leaning in, with his head cocked sideways, and quietly but earnestly saying something to another person. And sort of bouncing up and down while he says it.

Gonzo 11-22-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8132374)
His signature move is leaning in, with his head cocked sideways, and quietly but earnestly saying something to another person. And sort of bouncing up and down while he says it.

LMAO

http://data.whicdn.com/images/891308..._500_thumb.png

http://data.whicdn.com/images/891312..._500_thumb.png

Deberg_1990 11-22-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8132110)
FWIW, I think the worst episode of the series is that Vatos episode from season 1.

I mean, are you ****ing kidding me?

I actually really liked that episode. I liiked all of season 1. shoot me.

Deberg_1990 11-22-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8131566)

I get the feeling season 1 was a test or experiment, then AMC was caught off guard some when it was a huge hit.

I still dont get why they cut the budget and fired Darabont.......weird.

BigRichard 11-22-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8132807)
I get the feeling season 1 was a test or experiment, then AMC was caught off guard some when it was a huge hit.

AMC had fights with the Breaking Bad staff as well I believe. I think they have some smart people finding gems for shows but have some really dumb ones making monetary decisions.

Bambi 11-22-2011 12:31 PM

Actually really liked the last 2 episodes. Got me back into the show.

Interesting to see if the Asian kid starts to pull some shit.

Shane is awesome.

Caseyguyrr 11-22-2011 01:03 PM

this show needs to pick up the pace, i'll still watch it, but it has lost its edge from the beginning of the show. im so disappointed. it had so much promise. Maybe if they ever got off that goddamn farm it would be better

Munson 11-22-2011 01:37 PM

They definitely need some more zombie killing. That's what made season 1 so fun to watch.

excessive zombie killing = good ratings

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2011 05:44 PM

It is still better than all the garbage on network TV.

bevischief 11-22-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8132807)

They lost tax credits and Darabont wanted the budget if not more.

Los Pollos Hermanos 11-22-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 8133114)
They definitely need some more zombie killing. That's what made season 1 so fun to watch.

excessive zombie killing = good ratings

I keep waiting for Reaper to come here and tell you that you're watching the show for the wrong reasons and you should stop.

NewChief 11-22-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 8133951)
I keep waiting for Reaper to come here and tell you that you're watching the show for the wrong reasons and you should stop.

Seriously. I'm not even sure that the show I'm watching is worth watching because Reaper obviously isn't watching this show. I also wish I was being snarky with this post, but I'm serious.

Aries Walker 11-22-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8133814)
It is still better than all the garbage on network TV.

Bingo. With only a few exceptions, network TV is becoming the haven of popular-but-awful garbage viewing. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend their time on regurgitated offal like The Mentalist by choice. Maybe they don't have cable.

Caseyguyrr 11-22-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8134219)
Bingo. With only a few exceptions, network TV is becoming the haven of popular-but-awful garbage viewing. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would spend their time on regurgitated offal like The Mentalist by choice. Maybe they don't have cable.

my grandma, she watches everything on fox and cbs

Bump 11-24-2011 12:00 PM

I like the show, but damn those 2 women are killing this show. But I suppose it's realistic because most women are stupid whores. The DTF chick from the farm house is cool, but the other 2 bitches are just constantly whining and annoying as ****. Like the hot blonde, when that dude was trying to teach her how to shoot a gun, she's gonna act like he's sooo terrible for putting pressure on her, but at least she ****ed him after. also, the wife doesn't want her son to learn how to handle a gun when you are living in an apocalyptic zombie world? really? come on.

Buck 11-24-2011 12:41 PM

Lol. Spot on Bump.

chasedude 11-24-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8138837)
also, the wife doesn't want her son to learn how to handle a gun when you are living in an apocalyptic zombie world? really? come on.

This is a big problem for me. If I had kids, they'd be trained on firearms long before this kind of world would take place.

This is SURVIVAL! This is when you throw down some of the morals humanity has created with political correctness and take care of your own.

The old "David Koresh" guy keeping the zombies in the barn is completely insane! Religious Fundamentalists come in all kinds of shapes and sizes I guess, even in a post apocalyptic world.

btlook1 11-25-2011 02:10 AM

I really like the show...yes it's a bit slow so far but thinking it's going to pick up soon. Andrea finally put out.....lucky guy I would have been plowing that shit along time ago. For some reason she's pretty hot to me!

Aries Walker 11-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8138837)
I like the show, but damn those 2 women are killing this show. But I suppose it's realistic because most women are stupid whores. The DTF chick from the farm house is cool, but the other 2 bitches are just constantly whining and annoying as ****. Like the hot blonde, when that dude was trying to teach her how to shoot a gun, she's gonna act like he's sooo terrible for putting pressure on her, but at least she ****ed him after. also, the wife doesn't want her son to learn how to handle a gun when you are living in an apocalyptic zombie world? really? come on.

There are actually three women in the main group - and the fact that you forgot about her is in itself another statement on how the show treats them. Lori is annoying, Andrea is abrasive, and Carol is invisible. Not a very good interpretation of the gender as a whole, and the ranch women aren't much better. I think the most sensible female character was Jacqui, the black woman from last season who got blown up in the CDC.

blaise 11-25-2011 12:15 PM

They could have helped themselves out if they made a segment or two every show about the father and son that Rick met at the beginning. Although I guess it would be expensive to hire actors just for their story.

Caseyguyrr 11-26-2011 07:30 PM

i hope tomorrow nights episodes doesnt shit the bed, this season blows

dmahurin 11-26-2011 08:24 PM

If your into zombies and pinup girls this might be up your alley.

http://www.gorgeousandgory.com/

siberian khatru 11-27-2011 08:58 PM

PAYOFF

Aries Walker 11-27-2011 09:03 PM

Welp. Any doubts I had about the continuing quality of this show have just been thoroughly exorcised.

Munson 11-27-2011 11:35 PM

Did not expect that at the end. Sucks that we gotta wait til February for any new episodes.

Sure-Oz 11-28-2011 12:07 AM

Finally a great episode, mainly the end. I expect good stuff going forward, wow. Hate to wait till feb.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-28-2011 12:27 AM

Man best one to date tonight wow

kcxiv 11-28-2011 12:28 AM

That ending was pure awesome. THey couldnt have wrote that any better. The end end of the show was just wow. so much emotion.

Buck 11-28-2011 12:38 AM

God. Damn.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 12:38 AM

Holy Crap! I did not expect that. Sophia is one of the few original characters still alive in comic books. That's a huge deviation, but it's awesome! It's like telling the readers- this a whole new story. I no longer know what to expect from this show. There is only one scene that HAS to be done the same way as the comic. Well... There'd be a lot I'd like to see, but only one deal breaker scene is left for me. The rest is open game.

Buck 11-28-2011 12:39 AM

****. I thought Dale was gonna kill Shane.

I love Shane as a character so much, but he is such a loose cannon that the group might be better off without him.