ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

|Zach| 09-22-2011 01:54 PM

Deaton is taking his talents to South Beach

Saul Good 09-22-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Town Fan 1988 (Post 7932933)
It might take threats against small children and or blackmail but it's better than status quo. I don't know what the MU brass has been doing behind the scenes of course, but I don't have a lot of faith they're doing much besides maintaining the status quo when other schools in the Big XII have clearly been proactive in seeking greener pastures.

Yes I know in the short run Mizzou in the SEC would be sodomy for a while but at least they'd be in the best football conference in the country. What has the Big XII done for Mizzou? Oh yeah, get royally ****ed on a BCS bowl in 2007.

It sounds like they have been doing a lot. Either we are members of a stable Big XII, or we have a very nice fall-back plan.

eazyb81 09-22-2011 01:59 PM

Deaton: "Deloss Dodds misunderstood - he only wants what is best for Big 12 schools"

Deaton: "LHN is good for Big 12; it is too much money for smaller schools to know what to do with"

vailpass 09-22-2011 02:05 PM

Chuck Neinas to bring back the glory days of years gone by?

Chuck Neinas has applied to the Big 12 and is expected to be formally approved as the league's interim commissioner possibly as soon as Thursday, CBSSports.com has learned.

During an interview early Thursday, Neinas said he had been contacted by Big 12 representatives who inquired about his interest in replacing Dan Beebe. "I responded in the affirmative," said Neinas who then submitted his resume.

Neinas also told CBSSports.com that his employment is an agenda item during the Big 12 presidents' conference call on Thursday. CBSSports.com reported Wednesday night that Beebe was expected to leave the league and be replaced on an interim basis by Neinas.

His hiring would seem to be formality considering Neinas has conducted employment searches for seven of the current nine members of the Big 12. The former Big Eight commissioner runs Neinas Sports Services, a consulting firm, out of his home in Boulder, Colo. Until Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado left the league, Neinas had done work for 10 of the original 12 conference members.

"I've been around the game a while," said Neinas who was assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-71. He later was commissioner of the Big Eight from 1971-80.

"I told my wife, I guess it's like Yogi said, 'It's not over until it's over,' " Neinas said.

Neinas should be a unifying force in a fractured league. Texas AD DeLoss Dodds once worked for Neinas as an assistant in the Big Eight. Neinas said he helped current Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt get his first job.

Neinas expects the position to last six months to a year.

Stewie 09-22-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7932979)
Chuck Neinas to bring back the glory days of years gone by?

Chuck Neinas has applied to the Big 12 and is expected to be formally approved as the league's interim commissioner possibly as soon as Thursday, CBSSports.com has learned.

During an interview early Thursday, Neinas said he had been contacted by Big 12 representatives who inquired about his interest in replacing Dan Beebe. "I responded in the affirmative," said Neinas who then submitted his resume.

Neinas also told CBSSports.com that his employment is an agenda item during the Big 12 presidents' conference call on Thursday. CBSSports.com reported Wednesday night that Beebe was expected to leave the league and be replaced on an interim basis by Neinas.

His hiring would seem to be formality considering Neinas has conducted employment searches for seven of the current nine members of the Big 12. The former Big Eight commissioner runs Neinas Sports Services, a consulting firm, out of his home in Boulder, Colo. Until Texas A&M, Nebraska and Colorado left the league, Neinas had done work for 10 of the original 12 conference members.

"I've been around the game a while," said Neinas who was assistant executive director of the NCAA from 1961-71. He later was commissioner of the Big Eight from 1971-80.

"I told my wife, I guess it's like Yogi said, 'It's not over until it's over,' " Neinas said.

Neinas should be a unifying force in a fractured league. Texas AD DeLoss Dodds once worked for Neinas as an assistant in the Big Eight. Neinas said he helped current Texas Tech AD Kirby Hocutt get his first job.

Neinas expects the position to last six months to a year.

I hope he lasts six months to a year.

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2011 02:31 PM

Missouri DID have an offer; it's not clear if it was contingent on the Big XII collapsing. Tonight could make things interesting.

Brock 09-22-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7933041)
Missouri DID have an offer; it's not clear if it was contingent on the Big XII collapsing. Tonight could make things interesting.

Yeah....right.....

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7933055)
Yeah....right.....

They did. I'm not sure if they still do. I don't believe everything thing I hear, but I trust this source 100%.

Titty Meat 09-22-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7933061)
They did. I'm not sure if they still do. I don't believe everything thing I hear, but I trust this source 100%.

The cashier at the Flying J?

Pitt Gorilla 09-22-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7933070)
The cashier at the Flying J?

No, although I wouldn't mind a meal there (Joplin location).

Bambi 09-22-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 7932823)
Actually you are completely wrong. It was more on the line of he was surprised no one called. He thought that BB would have more influence. That it just shows how important football is.

Yep. That's why those football juggernauts Syracuse and Pitt were gobbled up by the ACC.

It's tiring really. You need a new tune. BBall is the meal ticket for many schools and conferences.

Just because some schools suck at both doesn't mean you should discount those that are good at bball.

Titty Meat 09-22-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933076)
Yep. That's why those football juggernauts Syracuse and Pitt were gobbled up by the ACC.

It's tiring really. You need a new tune. BBall is the meal ticket for many schools and conferences.

Just because some schools suck at both doesn't mean you should discount those that are good at bball.

This isn't true.

Frazod 09-22-2011 02:58 PM

Neinas started working for the NCAA 50 years ago? Damn, how old is he?

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 03:16 PM

I know it is too much to ask for, but could the announcement be something along the line:

"We decided to grow a pair and officially leave the U R (my) B**** 12."

"I am stepping down from my present position as the man trying to save this crumbling puppet empire to let someone else lose sleep and integrity as Texas and Oklahoma play like they really care about the smaller schools."

"We fully intend to see a invitation to any conference that would have us and save us from having to spend the next couple of years agonizing trying to figure out how to pry more money out of an already "fixed" system."

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7933082)
This isn't true.

Duke, Stanford, Kansas, Wake Forest, Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, all immediately come to mind.

There are many more but I'm bored of looking

Crush 09-22-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Jim Boeheim was on Sportscenter the other day and he said Syracuse's move to the ACC was completely about football.

ChiTown 09-22-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

DaKCMan AP 09-22-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

It's about $$ and viewership. Syracuse and Pitt have more football fans and viewership than every school in the Big XII not named Texas, A&M, OU, Mizzou, and TTU.

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7933133)
Jim Boeheim was on Sportscenter the other day and he said Syracuse's move to the ACC was completely about football.

I would too if I just abandoned a conference that I was a charter member of.

3 bowl games in 10 years and a stadium smaller than Kansas's.

Please tell me what the draw is in Syracuse football.

Especially compared to where it's bball program is.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933132)
Duke, Stanford, Kansas, Wake Forest, Syracuse, UConn, Indiana, all immediately come to mind.

There are many more but I'm bored of looking

No offense dude.

But as a KU fan and the shit product we offer in football...

I would be thankful if ANY BCS conference took KU...

We offer a conference nothing in comparision... Yeah we are kings of BB. Football is life and death for schools..

Right now if our football program with Radio was on life support, people would of already pulled the plug...

KU without basketball is a nice university, but its not BCS worthy...

Sorry to bust your bubble...

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7933150)
It's about $$ and viewership. Syracuse and Pitt have more football fans and viewership than every school in the Big XII not named Texas, A&M, OU, Mizzou, and TTU.

Is Syracuse a basketball school or a football school?

I live in NY. Syracuse basketball is a much bigger viewership draw than it's football team on TV.

Same thing as KU.

Not saying that a bunch of people don't watch their football games but it's not bigger than their bball. Just isn't.

Stewie 09-22-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 7933133)

Soren Petro commented on that. He was totally confused and he's a Syracuse alum. They wanted Syracuse for football? He then had the Miami play by play announcer on and asked about Syracuse going to the ACC.

Soren: Are you scared that we're now in the ACC and will beat your ass in football?

Miami PBP guy: NO!!!

Soren: Yeah, we were your doormat in the Big East. Nothing will change.

Miami: snicker

Stewie 09-22-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7933150)

Complete bullshit. You need to listen to Soren Petro, a Syracuse alum. He worked in the market. Yes, there are tons of TVs, but very few give a shit about college football in the northeast. It's all about the Jets, Giants, Patriots. He also laughs that Rutgers is a NYC market. Yes it is, and no one watches or cares.

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7933161)
No offense dude.

But as a KU fan and the shit product we offer in football...

I would be thankful if ANY BCS conference took KU...

We offer a conference nothing in comparision... Yeah we are kings of BB. Football is life and death for schools..

Right now if our football program with Radio was on life support, people would of already pulled the plug...

KU without basketball is a nice university, but its not BCS worthy...

Sorry to bust your bubble...

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Kansas has the Big 12's second largest endowment and second largest 3rd tier rights deal. (assuming A&M is out)

It's not the football team that made that possible. The schools I quoted all made more revenue in bball then they did in football in 2010.

Seems everyone around here is obsessed with saying their school is more "valuable" and "important" than another.

I don't want the conference to change. And it won't change.

The Big 12 is the best option for KU, KSU, MU and ISU. I've said that from the beginning. Whether or not Larry Scott called Perkins or didn't call Perkins is immaterial to me.

Saying KU offers nothing to a BCS conference and being "thankful" that a conference would take KU just doesn't fit with my opinion. But if it does with yours then it's all good.

ChiefsCountry 09-22-2011 03:37 PM

Syracuse and Pittsburgh are both top 20 all time in college football wins.

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933173)
Complete bullshit. You need to listen to Soren Petro, a Syracuse alum. He worked in the market. Yes, there are tons of TVs, but very few give a shit about college football in the northeast. It's all about the Jets, Giants, Patriots. He also laughs that Rutgers is a NYC market. Yes it is, and no one watches or cares.

CBB is king in the northeast. Just because southerners like to camp out in a parking lot 100,000 at a time doesn't mean that the bball schools don't bring in a huge amount of money.

Syracuse to the ACC shifts the balance of power in cbb to that conference. It was a great move but something tells me that Syracuse might be feeling a bi shitty about jumping the gun on armaggedon. They were a charter member of the Big East. It's kinda ****ed up to just leave. Glad my school isn't like that.

Stewie 09-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7933188)

Who cares? Ancient history doesn't matter.

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7933188)

Syracuse has the 5th most all time wins in basketball.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 03:41 PM

And for my view?

**** the big 12.. I am sick of it and its conference...

Lets go to the B1G or the PAC - whatever...

Hell even the SEC for that matter, Just get me away from Texas....

ChiefsCountry 09-22-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933194)

They have been a darn good program for the last 25 years other than hiring Greg Robinson. All bc Petro is just throwing out bullshit doesn't mean its true.

Pants 09-22-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7933201)
And for my view?

**** the big 12.. I am sick of it and its conference...

Lets go to the B1G or the PAC - whatever...

Hell even the SEC for that matter, Just get me away from Texas....

Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933181)
I don't want the conference to change. And it won't change.

The Big 12 is the best option for KU, KSU, MU and ISU.

Not sure how you can't look beyond this year. All that has happened is that the Big 12 has been given a stay of execution by UT and OU until they can figure out the best place to make the most money.

Sorry...I don't think the best option for MU is the Big 12! I think it is a dead end whether it is this year or next.

Stewie 09-22-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7933218)
They have been a darn good program for the last 25 years other than hiring Greg Robinson. All bc Petro is just throwing out bullshit doesn't mean its true.

Petro is a Syracuse alum. Why would he throw out BS about his alma mater? He said they had a run, but it's back to the old days of mediocre football, at best.

Titty Meat 09-22-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933194)

Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7933222)
Why do you hate Texas? Because they're worth more? I don't get this communist bullshit getting spewed all over this conference fiasco. Why shouldn't a school that is the BY FAR the biggest TV draw make more money than someone like Kansas? Big 12 is the ideal conference for all the local schools. Nobody is being screwed, the schools are all still making millions upon millions. Jesus titty.

Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 7933237)
Pittsburgh has been to more BCS games than Nebraska & Missouri recently albeit they play in a weaker conference. Just because a team hasn't been as good in the last 5-10 years doesn't mean they'll be bad forever. I don't know why some on this board don't understand this.

Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Nebraska..... sometimes once proud programs just go and die.

It is what it is.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 7933246)
I hate Texas for their F*** You attitude about the rest of the conference until they realized they had nowhere to go with that LHN.

I could give a rat's a$$ about the money now as much as I want out from under their thumb in the decision-making process for the Big 12.

And this also....

Here in OKC it ws reported that the PAC 12 told Texas to go pound sand agian... Saying they are complete divas in this conference race..

Also said that the PAC wasnt going to bow to Texas and the LHN like all the little guys would in the Big 12... Said they had stupid demands and shit when they were all here the other day in Norman...

Bambi 09-22-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7933239)
Big 12 is a dead end conference, It wont be here when OU and Texas get done figuring out where they can make the most money...

So why sit around an wait for them to decide your future? Whats in it for Kansas to keep sucking the ball sack of Texas?

How does Kansas "suck the ball sack of Texas"?

Look at the numbers. KU makes plenty off its 3rd tier bball deal.

If anything schools should be pissed at KU as well for not sharing bball revenue. It's not as valuable as the LHN so no one notices.

Stewie 09-22-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

This is spot on.

Everyone knows Texas has more money than God, that's not the point. They're sharing Tier 1 and Tier 2 revenues and they get the money from the LHN. That was all fine. Then Texas tried to expand the LHN to include HS games and aTm blew a gasket and cried all the way to the SEC. It's against NCAA rules for LHN to show HS games. It won't happen.

So, let's get all pissy and go to another conference where we'll get less money per school because we are all righteous and aren't about the money.

Kill me with a butter knife.

Buck 09-22-2011 03:58 PM

Okay, so I have a couple questions and I'm not digging through 1000 posts.

1. Is Mizzou going to the SEC or staying?

2. How many teams does the Big 12 want to be at at the end of this?

3. Which teams are most likely to be invited if they decide to stay together and expand?

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933273)
This is spot on.

Everyone knows Texas has more money than God, that's not the point. They're sharing Tier 1 and Tier 2 revenues and they get the money from the LHN. That was all fine. Then Texas tried to expand the LHN to include HS games and aTm blew a gasket and cried all the way to the SEC. It's against NCAA rules for LHN to show HS games. It won't happen.

So, let's get all pissy and go to another conference where we'll get less money per school because we are all righteous and aren't about the money.

Getting pissy and going to another conference is being all righteous?

Shit if the ship is sinking, I am not going to sit there and die just because the captian said it will still float, when obviously its sinking...

Thanks but no thanks... Hell even OU trustees that I work and play softball with feel that its just a matter of time before OU is out of here...

Bambi 09-22-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 7933246)

This is a fair point.

But the ramifications of losing the Big12 would be terrible for everyone.

The Big12 bball tourney is great for KC.

All the SEC championships happen in Atlanta... that ain't movin.

Not to mention the caliber of teams to play.

I understand the "lets take on everyone to get better" mentality.

But does MU really want to be Ole Miss or Miss St in the SEC? Or actually have a chance to rise up here and there in the Big 12 to get to the BCS?

Rams Fan 09-22-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Mizzou is likely staying unless the B12 folds.

Quote:

Probably 12.

Quote:

3. Which teams are most likely to be invited if they decide to stay together and expand?
BYU appears to be the most likely to be invited. If the B12 goes back to 12, then Louisville and WVU.

Bambi 09-22-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7933277)

1. Not now

2. 12

3. BYU, Cincy and Louisville

I like the idea of adding Louisville. Great basketball and decent football.

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

In my opinion, the current members stay in the Big XII. The next Big XII TV contract is estimated to be $350 million (assuming 10 teams) which buries the new PAC-12 contract of $225 million that is spread over 12 teams.

Ten teams is about right, or you start adding teams that don't add anything to the conference.

I can see TCU or BYU being added. Beyond that you have to travel a long way for a decent addition.

Saul Good 09-22-2011 04:08 PM

Pitt and Syracuse bolt from the Big East, the greatest basketball conference in history, with UCONN hot on their tails, and Wickedson still thinks that basketball drives the bus.

Bambi 09-22-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7933306)
Pitt and Syracuse bolt from the Big East, the greatest basketball conference in history, with UCONN hot on their tails, and Wickedson still thinks that basketball drives the bus.

Never said that.

Just find it strange that the programs that end of moving aren't necessarily "football" schools. Many factors play into schools leaving conferences.

To say basketball doesn't matter is just naive.

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7933306)

Since you know it all, why don't you call Soren Petro's show tomorrow and debate him about Syracuse and Pitt being admitted as football powers. That's a ****ing joke and he'll tell you that. And then tell us about UCONN and Rutgers, too.

Bambi 09-22-2011 04:13 PM

In 2010 the Syracuse Basketball program earned the school $10 million more than their football program.

'just sayin

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/18/news...fits/index.htm

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 04:17 PM

OU has a press conference at 6:30. Should be some good info coming out of Norman.

LiveSteam 09-22-2011 04:17 PM

BB has resigned,stepped down & fired

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:19 PM

I'm hoping the rest of the teams in the Big XII have told Texas to get in line.

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933273)
This is spot on.

So let's get all righteous and pissy because the school we root for doesn't have a place to land and we'd be screwed if the Big 12 disbands.

kstater 09-22-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Mizzou ain't going anywhere. 12, but only 10 next year, likely 12 the following year. BYU, WVU, Louisville.

LiveSteam 09-22-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933333)
I'm hoping the rest of the teams in the Big XII have told Texas to get in line.

In line for what? UT has done nothing wrong.
Any school in the Big 12 has a right to start its own net work.

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933287)
But does MU really want to be Ole Miss or Miss St in the SEC? Or actually have a chance to rise up here and there in the Big 12 to get to the BCS?

For me...we would go in being better than those 2. Yes we would probably get our a$$ kicked by the elite teams in the SEC, but it's my belief that the greater exposure we would get by playing in the SEC would land us some players we miss now.

And we wouldn't lose Texas if A&M is there too, which is a plus.

We'll never have the chance to "rise up" in the Big 12 in my opinion.

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 7933343)
So let's get all righteous and pissy because the school we root for doesn't have a place to land and we'd be screwed if the Big 12 disbands.

KU will be fine. The best scenario is to milk ESPN and FOX for the estimated $350 million payday as the Big XII.

kstater 09-22-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933321)
In 2010 the Syracuse Basketball program earned the school $10 million more than their football program.

'just sayin

http://money.cnn.com/2010/03/18/news...fits/index.htm

Jesus you're a reerun.

Syracuse made more money in football than basketball. I'll share the links with you if you can figure out that the link you posted says nothing about football.(Hint the chart posted in your link, shows revenue/profit/margin for all basketball teams).

LiveSteam 09-22-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7933368)
Jesus you're a reerun.

Syracuse made more money in football than basketball. I'll share the links with you if you can figure out that the link you posted says nothing about football.

LMAO

Titty Meat 09-22-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7933253)
Army, Navy, Notre Dame, Nebraska..... sometimes once proud programs just go and die.

It is what it is.

Ranked in the top 10 = dead? Or we talking about your hair again?

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7933354)
In line for what? UT has done nothing wrong.
Any school in the Big 12 has a right to start its own net work.

There's nothing wrong with your own network. KU has one. The problem is they want to expand to HS games. That's against NCAA rules.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 04:32 PM

OU Presser is nothing about leaving or going anywhere. Just having it to answer some questions and to put an end to some things.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 04:33 PM

Coach stoops had asked ou to stay right here for awhile. He wants to stay in the big 12.

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 7933368)
Jesus you're a reerun.

Syracuse made more money in football than basketball. I'll share the links with you if you can figure out that the link you posted says nothing about football.(Hint the chart posted in your link, shows revenue/profit/margin for all basketball teams).

Then post the link about professional baseball and football teams losing money.

LiveSteam 09-22-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933378)
There's nothing wrong with your own network. KU has one. The problem is they want to expand to HS games. That's against NCAA rules.

I agree that part wont fly in the Big 12. I do think Fla & a couple other SEC schools show high school games on they're net works. I might be wrong,but I dont think I am.

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933363)
KU will be fine. The best scenario is to milk ESPN and FOX for the estimated $350 million payday as the Big XII.

You keep dreaming that will happen...

ChiefsCountry 09-22-2011 04:44 PM

Here is the latest numbers - Syracuse football made 19 million while men's hoops made 18.
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/InstDeta...343a303020504d

Stewie 09-22-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 7933402)
You keep dreaming that will happen...

What's the alternative? Go to another league for chump change? TX and OU won't settle for that. There's huge money to made if the Big XII stays together and the money won't be split up with the bottom feeders of other conferences.

This is an ongoing process. I'd be really scared if I was a non-player in a conference (Big 10, SEC, PAC, ACC) that protects me. There's no protection now.

WV 09-22-2011 04:52 PM

This is getting ridiculous....who governs these conferences and the schools within. Shoudn't the NCAA be getting involved in all these schools hoping conferences? What do they want a couple super conferences and then everyone else??

Pants 09-22-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7933422)
This is getting ridiculous....who governs these conferences and the schools within. Shoudn't the NCAA be getting involved in all these schools hoping conferences? What do they want a couple super conferences and then everyone else??

Everyone wants TV money.

Stewie 09-22-2011 05:00 PM

And I must say that it's really sad that universities have lowered themselves to being football (or sports for that matter) first. There's a reason the Ivy League is no where to be found in these discussions.

Professor Wagstaff: And I say to you gentlemen that this college is a failure. The trouble is we're neglecting football for education.

alnorth 09-22-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7933422)

No one governs the conferences, aside from the courts, and possibly congress via the power of the purse if they ever wanted to. The NCAA was formed by the conferences, and the NCAA only has the power that the conferences choose to give to them.

One reason why you'll never see the death penalty handed down against a BCS school, aside from the spectacular damage it did to SMU, is that the school's conference would likely rebel, and the NCAA would be kicked to the curb.

The maximum the NCAA can probably do is that smoking crater they left in USC after their violations.

Saulbadguy 09-22-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7933435)
And I must say that it's really sad that universities have lowered themselves to being football (or sports for that matter) first. There's a reason the Ivy League is no where to be found in these discussions.

Professor Wagstaff: And I say to you gentlemen that this college is a failure. The trouble is we're neglecting football for education.

What a stupid ****ing post.

ChiefsCountry 09-22-2011 05:18 PM

Well Beebe is offically gone
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/09/22...missioner.html

ChiefsCountry 09-22-2011 05:43 PM

Mizzou's press conference live
http://www.komu.com/streaming-newscast/

Reerun_KC 09-22-2011 05:50 PM

Ou Presser on now. Big 12 here for awhile.

Saulbadguy 09-22-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7933509)
Mizzou's press conference live
http://www.komu.com/streaming-newscast/

What a joke.

Pants 09-22-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7933523)
What a joke.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

COULD GET INTERESTING

Mosbonian 09-22-2011 06:00 PM

Having Neinas take over as Interim doesn't make me any more comfortable. Doesn't he have ties to Deloss Dodds at Texas and Kirby Hocutt at Texas Tech? Doesn't sound like an unbiased Commish to me.