ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

DTLB58 12-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167082)
The Hunts should adopt the child.

Opposed to the grandmother who witnessed the murder of her mother?

FAX 12-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9167616)
If we don't walk out we forfeit.

The end.

It's not like we lose anything...

Excellent plan. I like it.

Screw Goodall.

FAX

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167618)
who is Lee Hacksaw Hamilton?

Sports talk radio host in San Diego. Has a lot of NFL connections.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:53 PM

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco

With very little information available on the girlfriend of Javon Belcher I'd like to extend my deepest sympathy to her family n friends ��

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9167610)
You don't just off and kill somebody or yourself without some sort of mental illness. And for those of you in the dark ages, depression IS very real and IS a mental illness.

I agree and have seen it first hand.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9167611)
Lee Hacksaw Hamilton ‏@hacksaw1090

Chiefs on conference call begging NFL to move game to Monday nite-asking Crennel coach 30-hours after player killed himself infront coach

that would be contrary to what Sly James (KC Mayor) says the Chiefs told him

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167540)
To me it just doesn't matter much. If they postpone it, I totally get it. If they play, I totally get that too. I don't feel very strongly either way on this one.

Dude...may as well cancel the Kansas City Chiefs, hoss. There will be no recovering from this. An active player shot himself in front of the HC and GM. Aside from everything else, trying to wrap my head around THAT makes it more than surreal...

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167591)
Was just kidding. I don't feel strongly either way on this matter. I know if a fellow employee at my job came up to work and shot himself, we'd still have to work the next day.

wow, how does that work? everybody would be okay with that or silently protested and half ass it?

In58men 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167623)
Are you trying to say Belcher was a victim in all of this?

If he wasn't sane at the time, yes.

You can't control the way your brain works if your mentally ill.

Setsuna 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9167577)
Maybe they could default, and give the win to the Panthers. It's not like one more loss is going to make a difference.

Those were my thoughts as well. Don't let Goodell be the marionette when real life things like this occur. Do whatever you have to to take that POS down a peg. I'm getting really tired of that bastard.

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9167611)
Lee Hacksaw Hamilton ‏@hacksaw1090

Chiefs on conference call begging NFL to move game to Monday nite-asking Crennel coach 30-hours after player killed himself infront coach

Did he do this in front of him?

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 9167626)
that would be contrary to what Sly James (KC Mayor) says the Chiefs told him

Like that means anything...

DenverChief 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Tragic. I as much as I dislike Pioli and Crennel I WOULD NEVER wish having to go through this on anyone. Thoughts and prayers to the Belcher family and to the Chiefs family...

dirk digler 12-01-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9167622)
Sports talk radio host in San Diego. Has a lot of NFL connections.

Thanks. If what he is reporting is true and the players don't want to play tomorrow they should postpone the game at the very least. If the NFL forces the players to play then players should not walk out on the field tomorrow.

Deberg_1990 12-01-2012 12:55 PM

SaveourChiefs should adopt the child. Show their dedication and support....

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9167632)
Did he do this in front of him?

Apparently in front of RAC and Pioli, yes.

Start Croyle 12-01-2012 12:55 PM

So now the KC Star has on its news story that Crennel and Pioli were on the scene as well as other Chiefs staff. I can't believe that the NFL is going to go ahead with the game, but even then, I couldn't possibly imagine Crennel coaching tomorrow or anyone else who saw the incident.

Ultra Peanut 12-01-2012 12:55 PM

I just heard about this and I don't think I can handle reading anything more after seeing those Thanksgiving photos. Awful awful awful.

lcarus 12-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9167627)
Dude...may as well cancel the Kansas City Chiefs, hoss. There will be no recovering from this. An active player shot himself in front of the HC and GM. Aside from everything else, trying to wrap my head around THAT makes it more than surreal...

At first I read that Pioli and Crennel were the "coaches" who witnessed the suicide in a comments section on KCTV5. I didn't believe it at first. That's just insane. I have to put aside all my disdain for Pioli and Crennel as professionals right now, because I can't imagine what they're going through as human beings at this time.

jAZ 12-01-2012 12:56 PM

If the NFL isn't wanting to move the game, then I'd send the players and coaches home and tell them not to come in till Wednesday Let the NFL figure out the next step.

Lumpy 12-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9167605)
If the players would prefer to have the game postponed, the NFL should acknowledge and accede to their wishes. No question.

FAX

I agree.

lewdog 12-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

I don't think this at all but lambasting this guy without any facts is pretty cold hearted. But then again, most people do not understand mental illness.

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167630)

You quoted me before I got the post deleted.

I won't get into this, as I feel too strongly about it. And really, my moot opinion equals exactly dick in the grand scheme of things.

tk13 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

I wouldn't find it hard to believe some of the players would want to play tomorrow. But the coaching staff, I don't know... I don't know how their head could possibly be in the game tomorrow. You talk about competitive fairness and all that... I think that's a huge question mark. These guys spent four years developing the guy and to them it's probably like watching your kid throw his life away. And probably guys like Hali and DJ when too... every play they're going to look over and realize Belcher isn't there.

R8RFAN 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167082)
The Hunts could adopt the child.

Most Stupid post I have ever read here..... LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

JFC Cant we say this about every killer?

DenverChief 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167647)
At first I read that Pioli and Crennel were the "coaches" who witnessed the suicide in a comments section on KCTV5. I didn't believe it at first. That's just insane. I have to put aside all my disdain for Pioli and Crennel as professionals right now, because I can't imagine what they're going through as human beings at this time.

Agreed

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

kinda really brings it all into perspective.

lcarus 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 9167629)
wow, how does that work? everybody was okay with that or silently protested and half assed it?

What do you mean? I'm just saying, hypothetically, if that happened at my job, we'd have to go back to work pretty soon after. Perhaps not the day AFTER exactly, but our business can't afford to be shut down for too long.

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9167640)
SaveourChiefs should adopt the child. Show their dedication and support....

okay this made me laugh

Setsuna 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

No doubt this effectively brings SOC to a screeching halt for the rest of the season.

Shogun 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

@KMBZnews

The NFL says the Chiefs' home game against the Carolina Panthers will go on as scheduled tomorrow.

Robo-Chachi 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Has this already been posted?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9Cz-4aCEAEJpKq.jpg:large

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

:clap: Yup
Quote:

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167666)
What do you mean? I'm just saying, hypothetically, if that happened at my job, we'd have to go back to work pretty soon after. Perhaps not the day AFTER exactly, but our business can't afford to be shut down for too long.

i misread your post. i thought you said you experienced going back to work the next day.

Brock 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167660)

No, not really.

Bowser 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9167658)
I wouldn't find it hard to believe some of the players would want to play tomorrow. But the coaching staff, I don't know... I don't know how their head could possibly be in the game tomorrow. You talk about competitive fairness and all that... I think that's a huge question mark. These guys spent four years developing the guy and to them it's probably like watching your kid throw his life away. And probably guys like Hali and DJ when too... every play they're going to look over and realize Belcher isn't there.

I would not think less of any player, coach, or management person that decided to not show up for the game tomorrow, if they are indeed forced to play.

Rausch 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9167668)
No doubt this effectively brings SOC to a screeching halt for the rest of the season.

It should redirect our priorities anyway...

bevischief 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9167651)
I don't think this at all but lambasting this guy without any facts is pretty cold hearted. But then again, most people do not understand mental illness.

Most people don't understand unless they have gone thru it or seen it first hand. I agree we have no idea what was going on in his life.

Bearcat 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Won't speak for him, but I think the main point is that's it's probably not nearly as black & white as some are describing... hell, an article comes out that someone said they argued after a concert (at 1am), and people jump on that like it's the reason for the whole thing. I can't imagine what kind of mental state someone would have to be in to do such a thing, especially in front of their own mother, but I'm not going to simply paint the guy as some selfish douche based on the insignificant amount of information we have at this point. Of course he's not a victim, but IMO it's not exactly fair to simply judge someone in that mental state, especially if/when you've probably never been there yourself.

teedubya 12-01-2012 01:00 PM

This is so sad on so many levels. :-(

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9167575)
the rumor reason would be .... that Belcher probably planned on going and finding/killing the guy who was the biological father of his child, that he just found about, that started all the shooting.

Sounds to me like he must have been another Chiefs player then. Why go to the stadium if this is not the case?

13and3 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Were are 1 and 10, in the midst of a murder/suicide. Don't reschedule, just give us our ****ing loss move us to 1 and 11. No way this team doesn't check out anyway.

Deberg_1990 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9167670)
@KMBZnews

The NFL says the Chiefs' home game against the Carolina Panthers will go on as scheduled tomorrow.

NFL showing their true colors......GREEN

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

@KMBZnews

JFC.

This game is going to be a freaking wake.

We are gonna see players breaking down on the sideline. And fans are gonna then break down when they see the players.

JFC. I'm tearing up a little just thinking about it.

:(

Red Beans 12-01-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9167684)
Sounds to me like he must have been another Chiefs player then. Why go to the stadium if this is not the case?

That's a frightening bit of speculation...

lewdog 12-01-2012 01:02 PM

There is a distinction between those murderers who going on a random killing spree and get caught by the cops and someone "killing in the name of love" and later committing suicide, which has revelations that the person had underlying depression and guilt involved with the murder they committed.

It does not in fact change the crime, however, but it lends a judgement towards mental illness instead of being a POS as some call it.

GoChargers 12-01-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

@KMBZnews

Goodell is a piece of trash. Hey Roger, these guys are HUMAN BEINGS, not ROBOTS!

13and3 12-01-2012 01:03 PM

Were are 1 and 10, in the midst of a murder/suicide. Don't reschedule, just give us our ****ing loss move us to 1 and 11. No way this team doesn't check out anyway.

lcarus 12-01-2012 01:04 PM

Not to be too shallow or cynical after such a tragedy, but does anyone think this could all play a role in what will happen with Pioli or Crennel's job situations? I mean, I think it definitely will in the NEAR future. Don't know if it will play a part when the season is over. But obviously Hunt isn't going to fire Pioli and/or Crennel this week, if he had any plans to do so in the first place I mean.

Setsuna 12-01-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 9167685)

You forget who the NFL Commish is. He's evil incarnate.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9167675)
No, not really.

The guy snap and killed her. Pu*** does some messed up stuff to some guys.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167697)
Not to be too shallow or cynical after such a tragedy, but does anyone think this could all play a role in what will happen with Pioli or Crennel's job situations? I mean, I think it definitely will in the NEAR future. Don't know if it will play a part when the season is over. But obviously Hunt isn't going to fire Pioli and/or Crennel this week, if he had any plans to do so in the first place I mean.

I think the decision has already been made and this won't change it.

GoChargers 12-01-2012 01:05 PM

Sometimes it feels like the four major sports commissioners have a contest going of who can embarrass themselves, ruin their league, and piss off their customers the most.

Shogun 12-01-2012 01:06 PM

Statement from owner Clark hunt

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy. We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted."

Aries Walker 12-01-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167660)

The short answer is no, we can't. There are mental issues which can cause someone to act - and even kill - in ways they normally wouldn't. It's extreme, obviously, but it happens. That said, and speaking generally, if someone knows they have these issues, it is their responsibility to control the situation as best they can, whether through therapy, drugs, removal from stressors, or whatever else they need to do.

Now, specifically, I can't say, of course, because I - like most of the rest of us - know a whole lot of nothing about Belcher or why he did this.

That's all I want to say, and I don't want this to become All About Mental Health, so I won't go down this rabbit hole any farther, at least not in this thread.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:06 PM

Clark Hunt statement

Quote:

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy.

We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted."

Setsuna 12-01-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

For continuity sake, don't know when it's safe to fire them, especially since they were only people to hear his last words. It's possible Pioli could "step" down and Crennel "retire" but have still been forced out.

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 01:07 PM

I wonder if Pioli or Crennel even want to come back after this incident. They probably realize their employment is in extreme jeopardy any ways and you add this on top of it, would you want to come back? Bad enough to be in a organization to have this happen but to witness it is a whole another thing. They may just step down to make things easier for everyone in the end instead of having the fired label.

alnorth 12-01-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167687)
We are gonna see players breaking down on the sideline. And fans are gonna then break down when they see the players.

This is extremely unlikely.

lewdog 12-01-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167701)
The guy snap and killed her. Pu*** does some messed up stuff to some guys.

And if you can't make the distinction that this pussy ****ed you over or made you mad, but that there are millions of other pussies available, you have an underlying mental illness. Those of us with sane minds can rationalize that easily, those who are mentally ill cannot.

Again, it does not take away the horrible nature of the crime he committed but there really should be compassion for both sides in this.

Red Beans 12-01-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

In light of everything this season has been, and hasn't been, there is no way that Clark doesn't clean house, or Pioli doesn't resign. This is the culmination of what has been the worst Chiefs season in history. There has been a murder committed by a player and suicide committed at Arrowhead. To move on, there must be a fresh start. There is no other way.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9167710)
I wonder if Pioli or Crennel even want to come back after this incident. They probably realize their employment is in extreme jeopardy any ways and you add this on top of it, would you want to come back? Bad enough to be in a organization to have this happen but to witness it is a whole another thing.

Multiple reasons, to show you have organizational capabilities to be an NFL employee for the next employer.

To give continuity to the men you have directed for the last several years.

To complete your obligation.

To show stability to a town that has afforded you gainful employment.

GoShox 12-01-2012 01:09 PM

I'm obviously not a fan of Crennel or Pioli as far as their jobs go, but man, I feel bad for them right now.

I've witnessed one death, it was a random motorcycle accident and even that affected me pretty hard. But a suicide? That's just a whole new level.

This is spooky to me because last night I was looking up stuff about him on Google because I never really knew much about where he came from.

Sad, sad day in KC. :(

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

For the players, I worry more about injury if they find themselves not going 100 percent because their hearts and emotions are not into the game.

As for the atmosphere, I expect an even more empty Arrowhead.

lcarus 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

It's going to be an emotional game, that's for certain. It'll be interesting to see.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9167718)

As for the atmosphere, I expect an even more empty Arrowhead.

I think fans are gonna show up en masse to support the players.

Bowser 12-01-2012 01:10 PM

I've typed out four different long responses to how I feel about all of this, and decided it just wasn't worth it.

I'll just say that I have exactly zero time or patience for someone that chooses to murder then take their own life.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9167720)

I agree

lcarus 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoShox (Post 9167717)
I'm obviously not a fan of Crennel or Pioli as far as their jobs go, but man, I feel bad for them right now.

I've witnessed one death, it was a random motorcycle accident and even that affected me pretty hard. But a suicide? That's just a whole new level.

This is spooky to me because last night I was looking up stuff about him on Google because I never really knew much about where he came from.

Sad, sad day in KC. :(

For some reason I had thought Belcher was a local KC guy. I don't know why I thought that, but I had no idea he went to Maine and was born in Long Island, NY.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9167723)

I'll just say that I have exactly zero time or patience for someone that chooses to murder then take their own life.

This is precisely my feeling.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

This could be, but it's just such a strange, unsettling situation that I could see many not wanting to be there.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9167726)
For some reason I had thought Belcher was a local KC guy. I don't know why I thought that, but I had no idea he went to Maine and was born in Long Island, NY.

Probably because he was undrafted.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 01:13 PM

Statement from Kansas City Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt

Posted 9 minutes ago

PR Staff Kansas City Chiefs Public Relations Official Press Release Email @ChiefsPR

"The entire Chiefs family is deeply saddened by today's events, and our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy, thoughts and prayers for the families and friends affected by this unthinkable tragedy. We sincerely appreciate the expressions of sympathy and support we have received from so many in the Kansas City and NFL communities, and ask for continued prayers for the loved ones of those impacted."

We will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities and work to ensure that the appropriate counseling resources are available to all members of the organization.”

--CHIEFS--

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9167728)
This could be, but it's just such a strange, unsettling situation that I could see many not wanting to be there.

Well, football is what the town is.

Just reading stuff online, people are gonna want to be there to support the players.

Just my gut feeling.

DTLB58 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Statement from Kansas City Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt

Posted 9 minutes ago

PR Staff Kansas City Chiefs Public Relations Official Press Release Email @ChiefsPR

We will continue to fully cooperate with the authorities and work to ensure that the appropriate counseling resources are available to all members of the organization.”

--CHIEFS--

Dayze 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Who is this Denise chick everyone keeps talking about?

DJ's left nut 12-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

I can't decide if I'm going or not.

I think I may show up to the game in support of the team, but I don't think I'm going to tailgate. The atmosphere will be awful.

What reason is there for enjoying ourselves tomorrow?

tk13 12-01-2012 01:15 PM

I don't know what to expect. I could see more people showing up for support... but I could also be empty because this is going to be like a funeral. Certainly not entertainment, which is what the NFL is supposed to be. Which is why this is stupid.

Plus our coaching staff isn't going to have their head in the game at all, I'd imagine. That can't be good. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. Or guys like DJ and Hali who are going to spend the whole game thinking about this when Belcher isn't there communicating with them during the game.