ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What is Andy Reid actually good at? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311641)

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-07-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly (Post 13343581)
Come join our Eagles site we can compare notes next year with Andy and Andy Jr

I have no problem with this; post the link!

Chiefnj2 01-07-2018 06:28 PM

Andy Reid is great at saying "That’s my responsibility as the head coach of the football team. We have to do a better job. I'm going to look at that" in response to every question asked after blowing a halftime lead.

Hammock Parties 01-07-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13343609)
For all of Reid's warts, there still aren't too many coaches I'd rather have here while Mahomes is stepping in. I don't want that kid to go through a bunch of coaching changes, especially before he is becoming the starter.

You've gotta see if he can cover up Reid's deficiencies and if not, you fire him in a couple years.

Reid is going to retire here.

He won't be fired. At best he'll resign if/when he realizes he can't get it done with an elite talent at QB.

Eleazar 01-07-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13343794)
Andy Reid is great at saying "That’s my responsibility as the head coach of the football team. We have to do a better job. I'm going to look at that" in response to every question asked after blowing a halftime lead.

...and then never changing anything, making the same mistakes over and over for 20 years

GloryDayz 01-07-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 13343835)
...and then never changing anything, making the same mistakes over and over for 20 years

^This^

Andy's just lip service, I doubt he stays awake during film reviews. If he does stay awake, he's slow...

ChiefFanForHire 01-07-2018 07:12 PM

He's great keeping his mouth shut and letting the NFL bend us over when they see fit. He has to be, that's why they pay him.

gold_and_red 01-07-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13343803)

He won't be fired. At best he'll resign if/when he realizes he can't get it done with an elite talent at QB.

How many more years? I say three.

Eleazar 01-07-2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13344041)
How many more years? I say three.

Well, figuring that Sutton is the sacrificial lamb this offseason and next year the excuse for retaining him will be the need for stability for Mahomes’ development, I’d say he’s got 3-4 more lives left even without any further playoff wins.

ChiefsCountry 01-07-2018 07:27 PM

Andy Reid Playoff Wins and Loses vs Quarterbacks
Wins
Shaun King (Donovan McNabb)
Brad Johnson (Donovan McNabb)
Shane Matthews (Donovan McNabb)
Michael Vick (Donovan McNabb)
Brett Favre (Donovan McNabb)
Daunte Culpepper (Donovan McNabb)
Michael Vick (Donovan McNabb)
Eli Manning (Donovan McNabb)
Tarvaris Jackson (Donovan McNabb)
Eli Manning (Donovan McNabb)
Brian Hoyer (Alex Smith)

Loses
Kerry Collins (Donovan McNabb)
Kurt Warner (Donovan McNabb)
Brad Johnson (Donovan McNabb)
Jake Delhomme (Donovan McNabb)
Tom Brady (Donovan McNabb)
Drew Brees (Donovan McNabb)
Kurt Warner (Donovan McNabb)
Tony Romo (Donovan McNabb)
Aaron Rodgers (Michael Vick)
Andrew Luck (Alex Smith)
Tom Brady (Alex Smith)
Ben Roethlisberger (Alex Smith)
Marcus Mariota (Alex Smith)

Wins vs Hall of Famers - 3 (Favre, 2 Eli Manning)
Loses vs Hall of Famers - 7 (2 Brady, 2 Kurt Warner, Brees, Rodgers, Roethlisberger)

Marty Schottenheimer Playoff Wins and Loses vs Quarterbacks
Wins
Pat Ryan (Bernie Kosar)
Jack Trudeau (Bernie Kosar)
Todd Marinovich (Steve DeBerg)
Neil O'Donnell (Joe Montana)
Warren Moon (Joe Montana)

Loses
Dan Marino (Bernie Kosar)
John Elway (Bernie Kosar)
John Elway (Bernie Kosar)
Warren Moon (Bernie Kosar)
Dan Marino (Steve DeBerg)
Jim Kelly (Steve DeBerg)
Stan Humphires (Dave Kreig)
Jim Kelly (Joe Montana)
Jim Harbaugh (Steve Bono)
John Elway (Elvis Grbac)
Chad Pennington (Drew Brees)
Tom Brady (Phillip Rivers)

Wins vs Hall of Famers - 1 (Moon)
Loses vs Hall of Famers - 9 (3 Elway, 2 Marino, 2 Kelly, Moon, Brady)

Puts things in perspective a little more.

FlyEaglesFly 01-07-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13343596)
You have a franchise QB now in Wentz. And you won't have him this weekend, so your playoff stint will be short. It's not hard to see.

This wont age well.... :thumb:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-07-2018 09:25 PM

Im a little embarrassed to admit it, but I still love Andy.

GloryDayz 01-07-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss (Post 13344516)
Im a little embarrassed to admit it, but I still love Andy.

You should be.

Sorry, that was mean..

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-07-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13343609)
For all of Reid's warts, there still aren't too many coaches I'd rather have here while Mahomes is stepping in. I don't want that kid to go through a bunch of coaching changes, especially before he is becoming the starter.

You've gotta see if he can cover up Reid's deficiencies and if not, you fire him in a couple years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13343794)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13343803)

Spot on.

All three posts.

I DEFINITELY want Andy Reid here for a MINIMUM of three starting years for PMII.

After that, it's going to be time to move on unless The ReidHomes bring home the Big One.

BlackOp 01-07-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefFanForHire (Post 13344031)
He's great keeping his mouth shut and letting the NFL bend us over when they see fit. He has to be, that's why they pay him.

There is more truth to that statement than people realize...and why Dorsey left under such strange circumstances. Hunt is a corrupt Goldman-Sachs protege...and if you know anything about them, they are one of the biggest evils on the planet...plague of modern society. CHunt is currently being sued by the state of New Mexico for ripping off the tax payers there...he's not a good human.

like gBlowfish said...the NFL needs perennial winning franchises and perpetual "cursed" ones. It's not an accident that KC is an extremely small market much like Cleveland and Detroit...and they share the same history of failure. 1-11 postseason record with epic collapses isn't an accident.

Reid's "yes man" bend-over career was on display in the second half....he's responsible for 2 of the four biggest collapses in NFL history...achieved in a short 5 year span. This franchise has collapsed even when they are the best team in the AFC...law of averages says there is rotten, dead rat somewhere...and the one constant is Hunt ownership.

jaa1025 01-07-2018 10:28 PM

I think Reids biggest problem is when he gets a lead. He doesn't know how to go for the kill shot. You don't see teams like NE let the foot off the gas with a 2-3 score game. They are still the same aggressive team throughout the entire game.