ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV *Fringe* the series Official thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191156)

BigRedChief 05-15-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 5767392)
:harumph:</EMBED>

I concur

Third that motion. I've got high hopes for this series.

aturnis 05-16-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5765279)
Now we know why there was something "off" with the relationship between Peter and Walter.

I thought something was off b/c Walter wasn't a good father and both he and Peter knew it. Couple that with the fact that Peter felt abandoned when Walter went to the psych ward and that should explain everything. The whole reveal just adds more to the story.

keg in kc 05-16-2009 10:14 AM

That was the best kind of twist. The one that you don't see coming, but looking back think you should have.

DaneMcCloud 05-16-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5770866)
That was the best kind of twist. The one that you don't see coming, but looking back think you should have.

I kind of had my eyes open for something (someone mentioned Peter being a clone earlier) and I had a feeling that he wasn't standing over his wife's grave. Plus, Walter kept mentioning things throughout the season to Peter that Peter just did not remember.

I makes me wonder: Did losing Peter in this reality drive him to the mental institution or did stealing Peter from the other reality do it?

It should make for an interesting season 2.

Bowser 05-16-2009 11:09 AM

OK, I watched the first few episodes of this show, and was pretty "meh" about it. The DVIR has recorded it again since it came back from midseason break. Do the stories pick up? Because for me, when the show started it was quite plodding and lame.

keg in kc 05-16-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5770926)
OK, I watched the first few episodes of this show, and was pretty "meh" about it. The DVIR has recorded it again since it came back from midseason break. Do the stories pick up? Because for me, when the show started it was quite plodding and lame.

I think it found its footing as the season went on. It really got good around (or a little before) the halfway point of the year, and never let up from then on.

Bowser 05-16-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5770934)
I think it found its footing as the season went on. It really got good around (or a little before) the halfway point of the year, and never let up from then on.

Yeah, I think I lost interest a bit before the break. I WANTED to get into it, but just never could.

Well, I've got the episodes stacked up in the DVIR, so I'll give it another shot.

keg in kc 05-16-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5770920)
I kind of had my eyes open for something (someone mentioned Peter being a clone earlier) and I had a feeling that he wasn't standing over his wife's grave. Plus, Walter kept mentioning things throughout the season to Peter that Peter just did not remember.

I makes me wonder: Did losing Peter in this reality drive him to the mental institution or did stealing Peter from the other reality do it?

It should make for an interesting season 2.

A real mind-**** would have been to have Walter be from another reality, but I don't know how they would have been able to wrap that around the possibility of two Walters occupying the same space. Might have been a way to explain his madness. In any case, the grave is here, so clearly he 'stole' Peter.

Which raises the possibility of another Walter trying to get back something that he lost.

Miles 05-16-2009 11:34 AM

If Peter is from an alternate reality, why doesn't he have a goatee?

007 05-16-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5770968)
If Peter is from an alternate reality, why doesn't he have a goatee?

What? You think this is Star Trek?

jiveturkey 05-16-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5770939)
Which raises the possibility of another Walter trying to get back something that he lost.

That'd be a good reason to build a portal plug. :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud 05-16-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5770939)
A real mind-**** would have been to have Walter be from another reality, but I don't know how they would have been able to wrap that around the possibility of two Walters occupying the same space. Might have been a way to explain his madness. In any case, the grave is here, so clearly he 'stole' Peter.

Or that Walter murdered the alternate Walter or some other explanation (maybe he died young?).

Which also brings into question how William Bell can exist in both worlds.

All I can say is that after Star Trek and now Fringe, I'd be absolutely shocked is LOST didn't have an amazing ending.

Nightwish 05-16-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5770937)
Yeah, I think I lost interest a bit before the break. I WANTED to get into it, but just never could.

Well, I've got the episodes stacked up in the DVIR, so I'll give it another shot.

It's definitely worth another shot. The second half of the season blows away the first half! It seemed like the first half they were trying too hard to be the X-Files, whereas the second half, they really took off down their own road.

Miles 05-17-2009 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5771274)
What? You think this is Star Trek?

Hell Spock made an appearance.

Also that South Park espisode with the Planet...arium which I figured got it from Star Trek.

Nightwish 05-17-2009 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 5772396)
Hell Spock made an appearance.

Don't forget that conspiracy theorist from the next-to-last episode who believed he was Spock. When Olivia met William Bell, I was half expecting her to mention that incident to him, to which he would either raise one eyebrow in a signature Spock move, or they would start playing the Star Trek theme in the background.