ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spartacus: Blood and Sand (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219264)

KevB 09-13-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 7906163)
I remember watching the first episode, and thinking it was a horrible show - the cheesy running in front of the green screen made me quit on the show. Came back to it a few months later, due to a recommendation - glad I did.

Personally, I liked Blood and Sand a lot better than Gods of the Arena...

+1

Sure-Oz 09-13-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7905702)
Stay with it through the first two episodes and it's gold the rest of both seasons.

Bought both seasons. watched 7 episodes so far of blood and sand. Have to say the 1st episode has been the worst, but the show is ****ing awesome. Glad i made the purchase and Whitfield is awesome. Hope the new guy does well.

vailpass 09-14-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7907126)
Bought both seasons. watched 7 episodes so far of blood and sand. Have to say the 1st episode has been the worst, but the show is ****ing awesome. Glad i made the purchase and Whitfield is awesome. Hope the new guy does well.

Glad you are liking it.
Yes, the first episode was slow as smoke off shit but it picks right up from there.
Who doesn't love some Xena Warrior Princess titty?
2nd season rocks the house as well.

KcMizzou 09-14-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7901135)
Andy whitfield died today at 39.

Rip, you were sparticus. Enjoy the afterlife.

Really sucks. Dude was talented, and had an amazing life ahead of him. **** cancer.

Shogun 09-14-2011 08:31 PM

Just strted watching a few days ago, so far so good

Sure-Oz 09-14-2011 09:51 PM

I hope the replacement is good enough to keep my interest. Don't think Whitfield can be replaced but hopefully Liam will do a solid job to keep the interest in the character

WhiteWhale 09-14-2011 10:23 PM

Sad about Whitfield. Guy was gypped to die of cancer so young. I don't think a change in the lead will lose my interest unless the new guy is just awful or something. It's not like it's a complex role requiring amazing acting range.

The show is pretty cool. I'm partial to historical fiction though and I love the Spartacus tale because there's just enough known and enough not known that you can really be creative while not raping history. The slave uprising was fun, but the WAR is what I've been waiting for. :D

Anyway, I wish they'd lose all that CGI blood. It looks terrible.

Sure-Oz 09-15-2011 09:59 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GObQ_VCGu6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He isn't Whitfield, but i'll give him a chance. He could be as good as you can get. Finished season 1, wow he Whitfield is just amazing. I'm just pissed it took me until his death to watch this show.

Valiant 09-16-2011 11:16 AM

It is really sad. But then I remember. I am sparticus.

vailpass 09-16-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7909756)
I hope the replacement is good enough to keep my interest. Don't think Whitfield can be replaced but hopefully Liam will do a solid job to keep the interest in the character

I hear what you are saying but for me Spartacus was just one character among many so it doesn't much matter to me who plays him. I enjoy the machinations of the Roman society as a whole in this series.

For me Season 2 was better than 1 and Spartacus wasn't even in it.

And I can't believe they poop in public then wipe with sticks that look like cat-tails.

Valiant 12-08-2011 09:17 PM

Just watched a preview.. I hope it can continue to great.. There better be one hell of a tribute though.. Also I see the champion of the prequel is in this one.. Wonder which side he is on..

Please, do not be bad..

I will still watch it even if it is..

Tribal Warfare 12-08-2011 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8182571)
Just watched a preview.. I hope it can continue to great.. There better be one hell of a tribute though.. Also I see the champion of the prequel is in this one.. Wonder which side he is on..

Please, do not be bad..

I will still watch it even if it is..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7455548)
the whole idea of that battle was to find a way to reintroduce Gannicus in the next season besides, because he actually existed in history as one Spartacus's lieutenants .

here you go

Valiant 12-09-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8182971)
here you go

Awesome.

Buehler445 12-10-2011 11:07 AM

Looking forward to it. I'm still apprehensive about how they change from gladiators to war machine. I'll catch it.

Jawshco 12-11-2011 12:53 AM

Having Crixus, Gannicus, and Sparticus all back in the show will be pretty awesome. How the heck did Lucy Lawless' character survive getting stabbed by Crixus like that?

This next season actually looks like it could be the best one yet. As cool as the arena was, this war outside of the arena has the ability to be far more epic in scope. I'm pretty stoked about this show. Hopefully, Liam does well with the character that Andy so skillfully began.