ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Quinn QBotF (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863)

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638870)
LMAO

Romeo Crennel, that QB expert.

He selected Brady Quinn like fine champagne.

i didnt say that, i said he knows Quinn is a better QB than Cassel.

this is his last chance at coaching in the NFL and he picked a QB he'll go to the top with or fall to the bottomless pit with.

if i'm RC that QB damn sure ain't Matt Cassel.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:35 PM

Quinn was signed to help integrate the playbook IMO.

If it was anything more, I would think they would have given him a 2 or 3 year deal.

It's Cassels deal till he totally stinks up the place and leads us to a 2-4 record going into the bye...or until we are out of the playoff hunt.

At that time, either Stanzi or Quinn will get a look.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638877)
this is his last chance at coaching in the NFL and he picked a QB he'll go to the top with or fall to the bottomless pit with.

ROFL

If true, Crennel is one dumb mother****er. Dumber than I gave him credit for.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638877)
i didnt say that, i said he knows Quinn is a better QB than Cassel.

if i'm RC that QB damn sure ain't Matt Cassel.

**** that.

Romeo knows one thing about Quinn from their time in Cleveland, that he sucked bad enough that he had to be pulled.

Quinn was terrible.

Every bit as bad as Palko (but with a stronger arm) or Tebow (without the magic)

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638879)
Quinn was signed to help integrate the playbook IMO.

If it was anything more, I would think they would have given him a 2 or 3 year deal.

It's Cassels deal till he totally stinks up the place and leads us to a 2-4 record going into the bye...or until we are out of the playoff hunt.

At that time, either Stanzi or Quinn will get a look.

i think Romeo has something more up his sleeve.

stonedstooge 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Didn't Pioli and Crennel talk about sitting several of the rookies? Doesn't sound like they are too worried about their jobs to me. Trying to manage the team for the future is usually done be top tier teams, not teams that haven't done shit for years and years

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638885)
**** that.

Romeo knows one thing about Quinn from their time in Cleveland, that he sucked bad enough that he had to be pulled.

Quinn was terrible.

Every bit as bad as Palko (but with a stronger arm) or Tebow (without the magic)

do you think Tom Brady would have had Success with that mess in Cleveland?

RustShack 05-25-2012 08:41 PM

Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts! Most QB's aren't that good in so few starts, especially when they have no help.

Here he isn't going to be asked to carry the team either. We are going to be a run first team who plays great defense. Quinn has the talent and arm to make throws that Cassel can't, thus being an improvement. Hes had plenty of time to sit back and learn more. Hes going to be a lot smarter and mechanically sound than he was three years ago. He might not of played in games, but he still practiced.

This is his first chance to develop as a QB. Start out as a game manager and add to his load more and more as time progresses assuming he can handle it.

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638890)
Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts! Most QB's aren't that good in so few starts, especially when they have no help.

Here he isn't going to be asked to carry the team either. We are going to be a run first team who plays great defense. Quinn has the talent and arm to make throws that Cassel can't, thus being an improvement. Hes had plenty of time to sit back and learn more. Hes going to be a lot smarter and mechanically sound than he was three years ago. He might not of played in games, but he still practiced.

This is his first chance to develop as a QB. Start out as a game manager and add to his load more and more as time progresses assuming he can handle it.

yep, this is a lot of what i wanted to say prior.

BossChief 05-25-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8638889)
do you think Tom Brady would have had Success with that mess in Cleveland?

Yes

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638895)
Yes

i dont.

RustShack 05-25-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8638895)
Yes

When Brady was just a game manager and the defense won games? You really think that would have happened in Cleveland?

BoneKrusher 05-25-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8638870)
LMAO

Romeo Crennel, that QB expert.

He selected Brady Quinn like fine champagne.

LMAO

i'll be here all week.

Hammock Parties 05-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8638890)
Oh no Brady Quinn couldn't be super man in his first 12 NFL starts!

Who said anything about superman.

How about at least being average, or even slightly below average?

The dude was an absolutely bottom of the barrel NFL quarterback and showed 0 progress.

Ace Gunner 05-25-2012 09:02 PM

the chiefs let the best QB of this latest team go to dallas. orton was way ahead of the curve compared to the remaining group. brady quinn was a 1st rounder because he did play in a pro style offense during college, and he did okay with it. but, guys are never going to be wide open like it is in college and I don't see where quinn has been any more effective in the NFL than cassel.

but, if experience makes QB's better over time, he should be able to pull ahead of the inexperienced cassel.

a lot has been made of cassel's lacking collegiate career, it does make a diff imo and it makes a diff that quinn played in a pro style offense during college.

but, and this is really important to me with regard to the passing game and specifically the QB position, I don't see the fire from either player, the command and venom of a stryker, a sniper and conductor of field position.

this staff can blow smoke for only a lil bit longer imo. they'll keep their job through this and next season, but if they can't win a playoff game by the next season, they will be expendable. actually, I doubt RC will want to coach after 2013, he's getting up there in age and doesn't move real well as is.

anyway, it would be cool to see quinn beat cassel or take over with success because from what is coming out from otas right now, stanzi needs another season before he can compete to become the manzi and really, if brady quinn wants to stay in the NFL his time is now.

quinn is entering year five. if he paid attn this past 4 years, he should be mature enough to compete with cassel. he certainly has the tools.