ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

Brock 01-22-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9340663)
MOTHER**** THIS BROKEN ANKLE!

I'm getting soft...fat...it ****ing sucks.

I've not been able to weigh myself at all, but I'm betting I've put on a good 5 lbs the last 2 weeks since I broke it.

Wouldn't surprise me if you've actually lost weight, not that that's a good thing.

I'm curious if you can stand for any length of time. I have no idea what a broken ankle feels like or how it really limits you, but I wonder if there's any way you could get an effective cardio workout just with your upper body.

Buck 01-22-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9342885)
Wouldn't surprise me if you've actually lost weight, not that that's a good thing.

I'm curious if you can stand for any length of time. I have no idea what a broken ankle feels like or how it really limits you, but I wonder if there's any way you could get an effective cardio workout just with your upper body.

It doesn't hurt if I stand on it with my weight balanced correctly, but it can hurt if I move around. Mainly, my left leg is just weak as shit because I haven't been using it at all. I was taking a shower and my left knee buckled out of nowhere...

I'm just doing one-legged pushups for now.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:38 PM

I've been impressing myself with my workouts as of late. I'm down to 192, and I feel FIT.

Today I beasted the treadmill and did my usual 6 intervals, and then ended with 3 more 2 minute intervals on 9.0 speed. Ran about 4 miles averaging 9 minutes per mile and feel like I could've kept going but wanted to get my lifts in.

I haven't gone every day like I've wanted to but I've been going 4 to 5 times a week and doing way more lifts than I originally anticipated.

I really, really like Planet Fitness.

Buck 01-22-2013 08:42 PM

How's their pizza? And god damn bro...I can't do a brisk walk for more than 5 minutes without fearing that I've used up too much energy for my lifts.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9343008)
How's their pizza? And god damn bro...I can't do a brisk walk for more than 5 minutes without fearing that I've used up too much energy for my lifts.

I've never done the pizza...feels awkward.

Running is really what I like doing at the gym, and was really my prime objective when I started working out again. I wanted to run every day because I feel like that's the best way to tone up.

I started out really struggling but doing pretty well...now I feel like I can just go and go and go. Today when I was done I did my lifts with no issue, plenty of energy.

I like this place because I get to run on the treadmill and stare at beautiful 19 year old girls butt cheeks...it's very motivating.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:49 PM

and I put "girls" in there because I know everyone wonders about me

Brock 01-22-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9342957)
It doesn't hurt if I stand on it with my weight balanced correctly, but it can hurt if I move around. Mainly, my left leg is just weak as shit because I haven't been using it at all. I was taking a shower and my left knee buckled out of nowhere...

I'm just doing one-legged pushups for now.

What I was really wondering about is if you can wrap that ankle up good and do kettlebell swings.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 09:20 PM

they have those bicycling thing for your arms. I would think you could burn calories with a hurt ankle by doing leg extensions leg curles weight lifting etc.

Demonpenz 01-22-2013 09:20 PM

hell work a punching bag for 30 minutes or so.

Buck 01-22-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9343100)
What I was really wondering about is if you can wrap that ankle up good and do kettlebell swings.

Not at all.

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 08:11 AM

Well, I have been low carb for nine days, minus a couple of minor hiccups. I have a Doctors appointment this afternoon, so I guess I will count that as my first official weigh-in!

Buck 01-25-2013 10:22 AM

Just curious what constitutes a minor hiccup?

AndChiefs 01-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9350136)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_NksWfhZ_kV...rev+1%2529.jpg

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9350136)

We were out with some friends from out of town on Sunday, and I wound up having some pasta since we ate out for lunch.

mnchiefsguy 01-25-2013 06:48 PM

I was not thinking in my earlier post, my Dr.'s appointment was at 2 o'clock, and I weighed in fully dressed. I did weigh myself this morning, so we will go with that weight for my first official weigh-in since starting: 273.6. Down 7.5 pounds in nine days so far, so I have no complaints. My blood sugar numbers have gotten drastically better as well.