ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Luke Joeckel may pique Chiefs’ interest at No. 1 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268644)

Mr. Laz 01-09-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9299770)
I just don't see Tyler Wilson lasting that long after workouts and he shows off that arm.

Not with this many teams needing QB.

US, Jax, Oak, Buff, Arizona.

I'm not saying he would either.

I'm just saying that if the Chiefs do decide they prefer Wilson and their research shows that the QB's aren't going top 5 then they MUST have a plan/trade in place to jump back up.

we have the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

So we would have to trade back up 15-20 slots

I don't know what that would take in terms of trade.

jd1020 01-09-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9299773)
And after that there are about 12 teams that don't need one...

There are also teams like SD and DAL that could draft a QB because their starters are on the downhill side of their career.

Vikings could too, they don't have shit.

milkman 01-09-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9299680)
Enough hype, and anything can happen. LT Jake Long (whom I wanted for us at the time) appeared to be one we could pick at 5. But he went at 1.

Are you suggesting that Jake Long would have been a good candidate to trade up to select at #1?

Frankie 01-09-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9299785)
There are also teams like SD and DAL that could draft a QB because their starters are on the downhill side of their career.

Vikings could too, they don't have shit.

NO.

Frankie 01-09-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9299812)
Are you suggesting that Jake Long would have been a good candidate to trade up to select at #1?

No, I'm saying his value was around 5. But Miami with a need for LT took him at 1. Suppose Miami was that enamored with him and were picking 7th. They would have perhaps traded up to get him. I know with Clady in the same draft they probably wouldn't have. But who's this draft's Clady?

So basically I'm saying there just might be someone who falls in love with Joeckel and offer us a good trade down value.

milkman 01-09-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9299826)
No, I'm saying his value was around 5. But Miami with a need for LT took him at 1. Suppose Miami was that enamored with him and were picking 7th. They would have perhaps traded up to get him. I know with Clady in the same draft they probably wouldn't have. But who's this draft's Clady?

So basically I'm saying there just might be someone who falls in love with Joeckel and offer us a good trade down value.

So, where do you see Geno Smith?

Is he a guy you would take at #5 overall?

At #7 overall?

Where would you be comfortable taking him?

RealSNR 01-09-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9299748)
What are Bray's off the field issues?

His tattoo, mostly.

Real winners don't pay to carve douchebag shit on their bodies

Frankie 01-09-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9299840)
So, where do you see Geno Smith?

Is he a guy you would take at #5 overall?

At #7 overall?

Where would you be comfortable taking him?

Pending combines? Right now I think I can live with getting him in the 5-7 range. But my general point is it's a mistake for us to consider Geno the end all. If we could, say, get someone's 2nd and/or their next year's 1st, I'd be happy to risk not getting Geno and going for Wilson or even Glennon later. Or if Murray had come out, him.

The one thing I like about the Patriot Way is they always build up high picks for their future drafts.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 12:15 PM

http://thebullgator.com/wp-content/u...ray-Tattoo.jpg

That's not a red flag. That's a straight-up black ball.

Do NOT draft this douche.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9299888)
http://thebullgator.com/wp-content/u...ray-Tattoo.jpg

That's not a red flag. That's a straight-up black ball.

Do NOT draft this douche.

That's Setsuna's boy right there LMAO

Easy 6 01-09-2013 12:20 PM

:facepalm: a freaking tackle... the one thing you can always count on this time of year is BS speculation full of fail.

milkman 01-09-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9299878)
Pending combines? Right now I think I can live with getting him in the 5-7 range. But my general point is it's a mistake for us to consider Geno the end all. If we could, say, get someone's 2nd and/or their next year's 1st, I'd be happy to risk not getting Geno and going for Wilson or even Glennon later. Or if Murray had come out, him.

The one thing I like about the Patriot Way is they always build up high picks for their future drafts.

If a QB is worth taking at 5 to 7, then he's worth taking at #1.

You don't take the #1 LT ahead of him.
You don't take the #1 pass rusher ahead of him.
You don't take the #1 CB ahead of him.

And you sure as hell don't take the #1 MLB/ILB ahead of him.

If he's the #1 QB, and you have him rated as the #5, 6, 7 rated prospect, you take him at #1, because the value of QB is so much greater than any position in team sports.

The Dolphins should be kicking themselves in the balls every day for selecting Jake Long ahead of Matt Ryan.

And the Patriot way, since the guys that Pete Carroll drafted have aged and moved on, has netted them exactly 0 SB wins.

jd1020 01-09-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9299878)

You'd risk missing out on the best QB prospect for a 2nd round pick?

RealSNR 01-09-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9299932)
You'd risk missing out on the best QB prospect for a 2nd round pick?

That's like trading sex with Natalie Portman for a bologna sandwich, simply because you'd rather have sex with Mila Kunis than Natalie Portman.

BigMeatballDave 01-09-2013 12:32 PM

If there is a QB that is a top 10 talent, and you have the #1 pick, you take him #1.

Not sure what is so difficult to understand about that.