ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

keg in kc 06-17-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757480)
I don't have a problem with it, I just don't see the point in it.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, if anyone posts anything remotely positive about Smith, the usual suspects go about there usual diatribe. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Pro-Alex people are viewed as the dissenters.

You're what's called an "enabler". If you don't like the "wash, rinse, repeat" nature of the discussion, then stop being part of it. It's not that hard.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9757502)
You're what's called an "enabler". If you don't like the "wash, rinse, repeat" nature of the discussion, then stop being part of it. It's not that hard.

If you don't like what the Chiefs are doing as an organization, don't follow them. It's not that hard. :)

Hammock Parties 06-17-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757345)
So, in other words, you haven't got the slightest ****ing idea what you are talking about. Smith threw for 3100 2 seasons ago. Looks similar to when Green came to KC.

Green > Smith

Statistically, and from a standpoint of his abilities as a passer.

You have no legs to stand on.

CALL ME when Alex Smith throws 23 TDs in a season.

Had Alex Smith done anything like what Green had done before KC, I'd be more inclined to give him some slack.

That eight-game stretch Green had with the Rams was more impressive than the ENTIRETY of Alex Smith's NFL dink and dunk career.

Rausch 06-17-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757510)
If you don't like what the Chiefs are doing as an organization, don't follow them. It's not that hard. :)

Season tickets on sale now!

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9757519)
Season tickets on sale now!

Is there truck parking?

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9757518)
Green > Smith

Statistically, and from a standpoint of his abilities as a passer.

You have no legs to stand on.

CALL ME when Alex Smith throws 23 TDs in a season.

Had Alex Smith done anything like what Green had done before KC, I'd be more inclined to give him some slack.

That eight-game stretch Green had with the Rams was more impressive than the ENTIRETY of Alex Smith's NFL dink and dunk career.

Any good play by Smith this season will be met with your skepticism, I'm sure.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:59 PM

To be clear, I never said Smith was better than Green.

I used Green as an example because he had not done anything in his short career at the time to indicate he would throw for 4000 in 3 consecutive seasons.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 05:05 PM

the Treen Green/Rich Gannon comparisons are literally what you hope and pray Alex Smith is for a ceiling. Some 30-37 year old window where he plays lights out and has a career resurgence.

I mean, it's really rare for that to happen to a QB. How many can you name? Gannon? Green? Who else had a good late career. Kurt Warner probably counts in there too.

You are basically saying Alex Smith might compare to 3 guys that are such a rare case at the QB position, and if he ends up being as good as them, probability states he should carry us to a Super Bowl, like Gannon and Warner did.

That's just way too much hypothetical with such a rare percentage of it panning out.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757569)
the Treen Green/Rich Gannon comparisons are literally what you hope and pray Alex Smith is for a ceiling. Some 30-37 year old window where he plays lights out and has a career resurgence.

I mean, it's really rare for that to happen to a QB. How many can you name? Gannon? Green? Who else had a good late career. Kurt Warner probably counts in there too.

You are basically saying Alex Smith might compare to 3 guys that are such a rare case at the QB position, and if he ends up being as good as them, probability states he should carry us to a Super Bowl, like Gannon and Warner did.

That's just way too much hypothetical with such a rare percentage of it panning out.

I completely agree.

But, hope is all I have.

Rausch 06-17-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757551)
To be clear, I never said Smith was better than Green.

I used Green as an example because he had not done anything in his short career at the time to indicate he would throw for 4000 in 3 consecutive seasons.

Keep in mind these were players with limited opportunities.

Smith has been playing for years...

Hammock Parties 06-17-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757551)

His half season in St. Louis was pretty solid evidence he was going to be a good QB.

Meanwhile Alex Smith has only shown dink and dunk propensities.

You are a homer so this is hard, but Green > Smith before KC, and it's not close.

O.city 06-17-2013 05:35 PM

People want us to run an offense like the Texans run, which is fine. But by saying that, do you think Andy Reid is going to run an offense like that?

Cause IIRC, he's never ran one that way.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9757642)
His half season in St. Louis was pretty solid evidence he was going to be a good QB.

Meanwhile Alex Smith has only shown dink and dunk propensities.

You are a homer so this is hard, but Green > Smith before KC, and it's not close.

Play off wins: Green 0, Smith 1

:)

Hammock Parties 06-17-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757743)
Play off wins: Green 0, Smith 1

:)

Doesn't matter, and you know it.

Stop being a dumb homer. We had enough of that from you last offseason.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Branden Albert's Huge Balls (Post 9757745)
Doesn't matter, and you know it.

Stop being a dumb homer. We had enough of that from you last offseason.

10-6 bitches!