ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ****Official 2014 STL Cardinals thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278302)

Rams Fan 11-26-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 10226389)
I made the mistake of reading some comments about the Peralta signing on the Post Dispatch website. What a bunch of holier than thou douchenozzles. They make it sound like they are going to burn all their Cards gear just because Mo signed a guy that served a PEDS suspension.

97% of the posters on the STL Today forums are either complete morons or bipolar mother ****ers.

The 3% that aren't get their views drowned out by the majority. This applies to the Cardinals, Rams and Blues forum as well as Bernie Miklasz's forum.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-26-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10227804)
The board which I referred you to is completely different from CP. Any shit talking that's done here would be an instaban there.

It's still a pretty good board, though. Baseball talk is statistical and you don't have to go through any shit like you do at the STL Today forum. One downside, though, is that the social threads seem to be lacking as opposed to here.

I harbor no ill will, my son.

BigRedChief 11-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10227790)
I have a board I've posted at since the late 90s.

The registration process can be a little annoying because I think they only accept emails from certain domains (I think gmail works but I'm not sure Yahoo does, for instance). If anyone's interested, I can PM you the details and you can peruse to see if you want to post.

It's a bunch of pretty knowledgeable guys; less romper room than the PD and, IMO, far more baseball oriented.

There's nothing anything remotely resembling CP, though. This place probably peaked around 150 active members a decade or so ago. It's smaller now but the folks there really know their shit.

A couple of years ago I asked for some good Cardinal websites and tried to register at your site and never got past the email thing.

ChiefsCountry 11-26-2013 09:39 PM

Hell the best Royals message board is right here. Sounds like between the Royals fans and Cards fans on here we could start a Missouri baseball message board and get some decent traffic.

DJ's left nut 11-26-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10228072)
Hell the best Royals message board is right here. Sounds like between the Royals fans and Cards fans on here we could start a Missouri baseball message board and get some decent traffic.

PM Bob Dole?

BigRedChief 11-26-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10228104)
PM Bob Dole?

ROFL That response never gets lame. Well played sir, well played.

George Liquor 11-26-2013 10:05 PM

This place (I've lurked for a while) and ShaggyBevo seem to be about the only places that have a decent, non schizophrenic Cardinals discussion.

BigRedChief 11-26-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 10228178)
This place (I've lurked for a while) and ShaggyBevo seem to be about the only places that have a decent, non schizophrenic Cardinals discussion.

Welcome to the conversation. It's going to be a great year to be a Cardinal fan,

VAChief 11-27-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10225256)
Best we could do in this market. Look at where Mo went first in trades and what it would have cost us....

Hardy for one year = Miller
Aryba for one or two years = Miller
Tulo and his huge contract= Miller/Kelly/Craig/Seigriest
Profar/Andrus = Miller/Adams
Drew = Lose 1st round pick

If we use last years $116 payroll number, even with our arb raises and the due increase in our existing contracts we have $35 million left before we reach that number this year.

Peralta doesn't cost us a draft pick or our prized cost controlled talent. We have the cash to overpay at what the market demands. I don't think he can play SS longer than 2 years. At least it gives us 2 years to figure out a long term solution.

I also think it was smart to front load the contract. The last year is "only" 10 mil when he will likely be showing at least some signs of decline. At that price he could be a key bench player if salary progressions continue upward.

veist 11-29-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10225277)
PED does that.

Yeah it sure did him wonders in 2012 when he was getting the PEDs.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-29-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10225277)
PED does that.

Chris Davis waves hello

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-06-2013 08:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Source says Yankees and Carlos Beltran have agreed to a three-year deal. More details to come.</p>&mdash; Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FeinsandNYDN/statuses/409151635265683456">December 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mi_chief_fan 12-06-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10253410)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Source says Yankees and Carlos Beltran have agreed to a three-year deal. More details to come.</p>&mdash; Mark Feinsand (@FeinsandNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/FeinsandNYDN/statuses/409151635265683456">December 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cool, good for him. He gets paid to DH, and for 3rd straight year, Cards get 2 1st round picks. Well done, Mo.

DJ's left nut 12-06-2013 09:13 PM

We still get the same comp pick, right?

I don't believe the new CBA punishes the surrendering team if the acquiring team has a more highly rated FA acquisition, correct?

Mi_chief_fan 12-06-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10253457)
We still get the same comp pick, right?

I don't believe the new CBA punishes the surrendering team if the acquiring team has a more highly rated FA acquisition, correct?

Well, I'd think so, but have to ask: is Peralta rated higher than Beltran, and what other reason would Beltran be offered arbitration?