ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs John Dorsey agrees to become Browns GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312170)

Chiefnj2 12-08-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13269733)
Five drafts, one playoff win.

Fired.

But not the head coach? What about the offensive coordinator who went an entire season without a WR catching a TD pass?

Rausch 12-08-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13269752)
Then don't hire a geriatric defensive coordinator...

This is such sloppy thinking it's like a DC POST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13269752)
Also the league is full of dudes who don't tackle the lack of practices does this.

What causes the lacking of spelling, punctuation, or message?

Buckweath 12-08-2017 01:51 PM

I stand by my claim that Dorsey was arguably the best GM at drafting during his tenure as Chiefs GM.

I have yet to see anyone name teams which did better, taking into account how high each player was drafted.

Of course the Chiefs are on a very bad run right now after looking like the best team in the league at the beginning of the season, but there is a reason why this team was said by many to be arguably the best roster top to bottom in the league not too long ago.

BigCatDaddy 12-08-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13269625)
Half the city does't have any idea who PMll is and wouldn't know if he were standing next to them at Starbucks.

Sorry, but fact.

When.he sat 2 rows in front me at Sprint during the NBA game everyone knew who he right when we walked in.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-08-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13269733)
Five drafts, one playoff win.

Fired.

Let's not pretend that coaching, staff, and ownership play no roles in that outcome.

I'm going to be watching this situation in Cleveland VERY closely over the next few years because my theories and feelings regarding Reid remain unchanged.

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13269736)
I'm pretty sure the terrible coaching has way more to do with the 1-6 record than a guy who hasn't been here for 6 months.

****ing reeruned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13269736)
The team isn't even untalented. Also someone argue to me that anyone is better at picking up dudes that get cut and finding talent there.

:facepalm:

When the Chiefs had the #1 Waiver Priority in 2013, the Chiefs claimed Jaye Howard, Marcus Cooper and Ron Parker. Those were nice additions.

Who else should be included in this list?

Kurt Coleman, who played in Philly under Reid?
Tyvon Branch, who was a medical disaster?
Jemell Fleming?

People on CP have over-exaggerated Dorsey's effectiveness for years while failing to mention all of the bad contracts including Vance Walker, Dywane Bowe, Tamba Hali, Bennie Logan, Dunta Robinson, Jeremy Maclin, Jaye Howard, Ben Grubbs, etc. and so on.

Sure-Oz 12-08-2017 03:26 PM

To the ship

@AdamSchefter: New Browns GM John Dorsey is on the board; releasing WR Kenny Britt.

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13270000)
Let's not pretend that coaching, staff, and ownership play no roles in that outcome.

Of course they played a role and a huge role at that.

The Chiefs couldn't win dick before Reid arrived and Dorsey failed to add any real top line talent in 2013 and 2014.

In 2014, the Chiefs lost starting defensive end Mike DeVito, Derrick Johnson and starter Jeff Allen in the first half of the first game. They lost Eric Berry to cancer and the team still finished with a winning records.

Hell, in 2015, they had to call up Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware from the practice squad because Dorsey failed to acquire adequate backups to Jamaal Charles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13270000)
I'm going to be watching this situation in Cleveland VERY closely over the next few years because my theories and feelings regarding Reid remain unchanged.

Hue Jackson has had 1/50th the success of Andy Reid as a head coach in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13269850)
I stand by my claim that Dorsey was arguably the best GM at drafting during his tenure as Chiefs GM.

I have yet to see anyone name teams which did better, taking into account how high each player was drafted.

Of course the Chiefs are on a very bad run right now after looking like the best team in the league at the beginning of the season, but there is a reason why this team was said by many to be arguably the best roster top to bottom in the league not too long ago.

LMAO

cooper barrett 12-08-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13269912)
When.he sat 2 rows in front me at Sprint during the NBA game everyone knew who he right when we walked in.

Somewhat of a captive audience..

18,972 sports enthusiasts in a metroplex of 2,200,000 or .9% were at the game.

https://us.123rf.com/450wm/lindwa/li...kpot.jpg?ver=6

DaneMcCloud 12-08-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13269805)
But not the head coach? What about the offensive coordinator who went an entire season without a WR catching a TD pass?

You blame that on the play calling?

wut

Easy 6 12-08-2017 04:24 PM

Considering the fact that he is surely a smart enough man to have gleaned some important lessons from his time here... this will be one of the best moves Cleveland ever made IMO

The man isn't perfect, but will be the best football guy they've had in forever... I wish him and the Browns good luck

Ragged Robin 12-08-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13269805)

didn't they catch like 3 in the playoffs that year though :hmmm:

loochy 12-08-2017 04:47 PM

I already heard {on Dallas radio}that he's targeting Smith

Ming the Merciless 12-08-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 13269850)

is this real?

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...-real-life.jpg