ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: Marcus Peters is gone. The Chiefs have some explaining to do. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314080)

oldman 02-25-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13436904)
I'm not happy about this, but I think a lot of stuff will come out in the next few months. I don't want to completely lose my shit until I know more information.

Mellinger's take is moronic, and it's not a hot take. "KC fans are racist, and Clark wants to appease them' is the dumbest take one could possibly have over this. That requires a LOT of uncharitable assumptions.

I tend to agree with you on this. I'm not a happy camper about this trade, but we don't know what was behind the curtain. Maybe Peters was threatening to hold out, it wouldn't be the first time a player under contract has done so. Maybe some of the team leaders decided he was a cancer in the locker room and went to Veach. I'm just not buying it's all racism here. Yeah, we have a lot of idiot fans, but I'll bet there are plenty in just about every stadium.

MahiMike 02-25-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13436799)
Chiefs have one of the more racist fanbases in the NFL... This board is chock full of the bullshit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ok, so what's your point?

Easy 6 02-25-2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Chiefs have one of the more racist fanbases in the NFL... This board is chock full of the bullshit.

LMAO go get your big red nose you ****ing clown

Chiefshrink 02-25-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13436647)
It really hurt the Panthers when they released their talented headcase CB in the middle of spring a few years ago LMAO

On the surface it would seem so but looking deeper, what has really hurt the Panthers is Cam Newton's "stalled development" as a QB. He still has trouble reading defenses, arm accuracy is mediocre at best and relies way too much on his athletic ability when his primary is covered and still just takes off.

Two years ago when the Chiefs came back and won that game in Carolina, in reality IF Cam was truly developing the Chiefs had no business winning that game because Newton should have been dismantling us big time. But he still doesn't know how to dismantle a defense with his physical talent and offensive fire power he has around him pure and simple.

Al Bundy 02-25-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Every fanbase has it's racists. The Chiefs just have more of a midwestern conservative type of racist. The Patriots probably have the worst when it comes to that.

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-25-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Yea... All of us who loved Derrick Thomas or love Patrick Mahomme hate black people... :facepalm:

Hammock Parties 02-25-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13437031)
On the surface it would seem so but looking deeper, what has really hurt the Panthers is Cam Newton's "stalled development" as a QB.

Cam Newton has more playoff wins in the last four years than the Chiefs have in the last 24.

Chief Roundup 02-25-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Bullshit is right. Your statement is full of it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-25-2018 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13436519)
Sweet Daddy, love ya man... but you're wronger than two Boy Scouts ****ing

Peters behavior was only going to escalate, he was going to torpedo any semblance of cohesion with his dickhead personality... Marcus can go **** himself

You just wait, he'll wear out his welcome in LA soon enough... the guy has a legit personality disorder, and now that he is close to home, and his worst influences, it will only accelerate

We're better off without that mfer, no doubt about it

Winning cures all ills.

TripleThreat 02-25-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 13435541)
Frankly, this post makes 0 logical sense.

Let’s do it your way. Marcus peters shut up and play football and quit your crying!

Marcus peters turns around and cry’s louder and harder.

What do you do now? Bench him? Turn the other cheek? Neither of these options work since the first will lead to more crying and an eventual release, and the second option tells everyone else on your team it’s ok to cry too “if your good enough”.

Trading him was the only reasonable option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 13435772)
Frankly, THIS post makes 0 logical sense...

The Chiefs should have kept one of the best young CB's in the league and tried to work things out.

The fact that apparently there was not many trade partners is even more reason to keep Peters, rather than giving him away for nothing and forcing a trade that wasn't there. You never trade from a position of weakness. The Chiefs did.

Now EVERYONE knows the Chiefs are spineless.

You do not keep someone that doesn’t want to play for you or is causing a disruption with coaches. Period. You are pretending like you know/knew more than the chiefs office did which simply just isn’t true.

You say “they should have tried to work things out”. What gives you this impression that they haven’t been trying? Not many trade partners?? Hmm maybe That’s why thE chiefs traded him before it was too late? Maybe no one wants the nonfootball related problems he brings with himself.

In what way does this say the chiefs are spineless? It’s quite the opposite actually, they threw their huge dick on the table and said bye bye, we don’t take that shit around here...

splatbass 02-25-2018 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13434432)
Alinsky much ? You better get your "community organizing" on better than this if you are going to Alinsky me my friend.

You may want to research the word "neighborhood" in which I used a shorten version of it using "hood". Just your simple allegation here of me say's you are the "true bigot". You told on yourself for sure.:thumb:

Looks like Chiefshrink needs a shrink.

BryanBusby 02-25-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13436647)
It really hurt the Panthers when they released their talented headcase CB in the middle of spring a few years ago LMAO

But it did? The Panthers didn't make the playoffs and dealt with bad CB play.

FloridaMan88 02-25-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13436511)
After LJ, the Chiefs are never going to pay big money to a jackass ever again.

That's why this was done.

Interesting who is defined as a "jackass".

Marcus Peters does some immature at times but harmless shit and he's a "jackass".

Tyreek Hill is convicted of beating the shit out his pregnant girlfriend and he's not apparently a "jackass" (or at least he's not as much of a "jackass" relative to Marcus Peters in the eyes of True Fans).

Interesting.

Best22 02-25-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13437814)

Marcus Peters does some immature at times but harmless shit and he's a "jackass".

Tyreek Hill is convicted of beating the shit out his pregnant girlfriend and he's not apparently a "jackass" (or at least he's not as much of a "jackass" relative to Marcus Peters in the eyes of True Fans).

Interesting.

I used to be Peters biggest fan. Hell, that's why my name is "Best22"

Not anymore.

I wish he was more like Jalen Ramsey

Hammock Parties 02-25-2018 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13437814)

Interesting.

Marcus Peters is definitely a jackass who does absolutely harmful things on the football field that are detrimental to the team winning.

Tyreek Hill has been an angel in the NFL.