ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS sports online website article: Patrick Peterson to Chiefs "MAKES SENSE" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322843)

carcosa 05-11-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14263123)
I want to see that PP penetrate the (home) tunnel in Arrowhead so hard!!!!
I'm cumming just thinking about it :whackit:

Me to

BlackOp 05-11-2019 07:22 AM

Peterson rated out as #8 in PPF top 25...interestingly, Nelson came in at #21.

21. Steven Nelson, Kansas City Chiefs

He may have allowed the second-most yards of any cornerback in the NFL (825), but it’s only because he was targeted eight times more than any corner in the league. His 53.1 percent catch rate and 76.8 passer rating allowed show how good Nelson really was this year.

Why was he targeted EIGHT times more than any other corner?...that's a very weird stat. Must have something to do with Sutton's scheme that OC were exploiting....like he very rarely received safety help?

RunKC 05-11-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14263218)
Peterson rated out as #8 in PPF top 25...interestingly, Nelson came in at #21.

21. Steven Nelson, Kansas City Chiefs

He may have allowed the second-most yards of any cornerback in the NFL (825), but it’s only because he was targeted eight times more than any corner in the league. His 53.1 percent catch rate and 76.8 passer rating allowed show how good Nelson really was this year.

Why was he targeted EIGHT times more than any other corner?...that's a very weird stat. Must have something to do with Sutton's scheme that OC were exploiting....like he very rarely received safety help?

Nelson was not good at getting his head around. He was constantly getting flagged and beat deep.

Of course teams threw at him more

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-11-2019 07:57 AM

Fun fact:
In their NFL debut, Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr kept Tom Brady from completing even one pass until he was knocked out of the game by Bernard Pollard. The Patriots were not able to complete a pass in that game until Mork Castile took over as quarterback.

Redbled 05-11-2019 07:57 AM

Ya you can cover super tight but if you have zero ball awareness good riddance. Nelson Island.......

Redbled 05-11-2019 09:45 AM

Interesting article stating our secondary is not that bad. Upgraded safeties was what we needed and have added.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...-the-secondary

smithandrew051 05-11-2019 09:54 AM

Someone tell Veach to stop portraying Rafael Barba on Law and Order SVU and make the ****ing trade already!!!!

T-post Tom 05-11-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 14262829)
:) Not sure if I want to ask about the white ceramic chimpanzee figurine or the fire extinguisher first...decisions :hmmm:

Not often one gets to use the words "chimpanzee" and "fire extinguisher" in the same sentence. :)

keg in kc 05-11-2019 10:03 AM

You know, over the years, every time we think something like this is going to happen...it doesn't. Every. Time. I was shocked we got Frank Clark. The odds of a second big trade doesn't seem great.

Buckweath 05-11-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14263443)
You know, over the years, every time we think something like this is going to happen...it doesn't. Every. Time. I was shocked we got Frank Clark. The odds of a second big trade doesn't seem great.

There is going to be a trade for a CB. That's pretty much a sure thing.

I have come to think PP is not going to happen though.

bricks 05-11-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14263443)

LMAO thats funny but I think you’re right.

Kiimo 05-11-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14263242)
Nelson was not good at getting his head around. He was constantly getting flagged and beat deep.

Of course teams threw at him more

Nelson was just good enough to stay close to his man and get the closest front row seat to watching his guy catch a touchdown.

SAUTO 05-11-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14263257)
Fun fact:
In their NFL debut, Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr kept Tom Brady from completing even one pass until he was knocked out of the game by Bernard Pollard. The Patriots were not able to complete a pass in that game until Mork Castile took over as quarterback.

Pretty sure he was 7-11 for 76 yards in that game. He completed a 28 yard pass to moss on the play he was injured...

WRONG AGAIN

BigRedChief 05-11-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14263492)
There is going to be a trade for a CB. That's pretty much a sure thing.

I have come to think PP is not going to happen though.

I think PP is going to have to force this issue. The Cardinals supposedly wanting a 1st/3rd and another high pick next year is insane.

Wallcrawler 05-11-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14261714)
I have no problem giving up a second and 4th.
The second is correct value and the fourth is practically a throwaway.

That said, one CB doesn't guarantee you a f****** super bowl

Those 49ers/Cowboys superbowl teams that had Primetime at the top of his game would beg to differ.

That is one cb putting two teams over the hump for championships.