ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

wild1 01-03-2010 12:16 PM

I like playing Ground War. There are so many more people on the map that you have to act more tactically. And being so target-rich, my scores seem to be better. The only downside is needing scavenger... I hate those deaths that are only because you ran out of ammo on the rifle.

There ought to be a perk that gives you more starting ammo for your primary.

Buck 01-03-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6400656)
I like playing Ground War. There are so many more people on the map that you have to act more tactically. And being so target-rich, my scores seem to be better. The only downside is needing scavenger... I hate those deaths that are only because you ran out of ammo on the rifle.

There ought to be a perk that gives you more starting ammo for your primary.

Usually when you complete the FMJ challenge for AR's you unlock extended clips.

Valiant 01-03-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6399935)
Man, I've found a really, really easy way to boost your K:DR in a couple of nights. I've just played around (mostly with a buddy of mine who got the game) on Ground Wars. I've raised my K:DR from 1.11 to 1.20 in a couple of nights.

I have not tried that one, I just play mercenary tdm, because my friends/squad like to run and gun.. Granted they tend to get higher scores then me on average on some maps.. But my k/d is over 1.5 now.. Hopefully get it to 2/1 by the end of the month, but that might not happen if I am working on sniper weapons..

Valiant 01-03-2010 01:59 PM

Oh, I love stupid kids.. I got a 13kill streak just on claymores sitting on the roof by the gas station.. ****ers just kept coming up and I just kept planting them..

48kills 2 deaths is my best so far, of course that was aided with a AC130 care package on Rust..

I also went emo on this one little twerp in one game.. He kept throwing grenades at my claymores and knifing my sentry's.. Connecting my headset and bitched him out.. He promptly left the game.. A couple others laughed and said he was doing it their stuff also.. I could understand if he was new, but the ****er was prestiged..

wild1 01-03-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6400945)
Usually when you complete the FMJ challenge for AR's you unlock extended clips.

Extended magazines does not increase your starting ammo, it only increases the size of the mags, IIRC.

bowener 01-03-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 6399935)
Man, I've found a really, really easy way to boost your K:DR in a couple of nights. I've just played around (mostly with a buddy of mine who got the game) on Ground Wars. I've raised my K:DR from 1.11 to 1.20 in a couple of nights.

That is what I play on mostly, the reason being that it lets you play with party chat, so I can talk with my friends playing with me and friends playing others games as well (in party).

bowener 01-03-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6401170)
Extended magazines does not increase your starting ammo, it only increases the size of the mags, IIRC.

So, it increases the number of bullets inside of the larger mags, right? From like 20 to 30, depending upon the gun.

Kraus 01-03-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6403584)
So, it increases the number of bullets inside of the larger mags, right? From like 20 to 30, depending upon the gun.

I think so, for instance you'd have 3-20 round mags, the extended mags gives you 2-30 round mags.

bowener 01-03-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6401021)
Oh, I love stupid kids.. I got a 13kill streak just on claymores sitting on the roof by the gas station.. ****ers just kept coming up and I just kept planting them..

48kills 2 deaths is my best so far, of course that was aided with a AC130 care package on Rust..

I also went emo on this one little twerp in one game.. He kept throwing grenades at my claymores and knifing my sentry's.. Connecting my headset and bitched him out.. He promptly left the game.. A couple others laughed and said he was doing it their stuff also.. I could understand if he was new, but the ****er was prestiged..

I got nuked twice yesterday by 2 cheats. They did the tactical insertion cheat where one friend on the other teams cont.'s to respawn and you kill them each time, racking up 25 kills and calling in the nuke... pricks.

Longest streak I have gotten so far is 28, almost entirely by my ACR. I was in wasteland when I got it so I waited until I died to use my killstreak rewards, ended up 37 and 1 or 2 before we won (death match).

Valiant 01-03-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6403680)
I got nuked twice yesterday by 2 cheats. They did the tactical insertion cheat where one friend on the other teams cont.'s to respawn and you kill them each time, racking up 25 kills and calling in the nuke... pricks.

Longest streak I have gotten so far is 28, almost entirely by my ACR. I was in wasteland when I got it so I waited until I died to use my killstreak rewards, ended up 37 and 1 or 2 before we won (death match).

That is awesome.. Everytime I find a good spot to spawn kill a sniper someone goes and destroys his beacon...

Buck 01-03-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6403637)
I think so, for instance you'd have 3-20 round mags, the extended mags gives you 2-30 round mags.

Oh I didn't realize this.

Its still better.

If you use a gun with good Iron Sights like the SCAR, thats worth it. I die most often when I'm reloading.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-03-2010 08:08 PM

How many of you use the Heartbeat Sensor?

Kraus 01-03-2010 08:12 PM

I occasionally do when I play regular TDM. I haven't for awhile though.

Dayze 01-03-2010 08:14 PM

I've been playing lately...but can't get into it.
I'm only at a level 20...but, each match is the same sh8t over and over. Favela or Invasion etc. no one works as a team; everyone scatters like roaches. get lit up from behind with the sawed off Wyatt Earp Shotguns.

ehh.
Been Eyeing Gran Turismo 5 lately. MW2 might be on the trade in list.

Kraus 01-03-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6405414)
I'm only at a level 20...but, each match is the same sh8t over and over. Favela or Invasion etc. no one works as a team; everyone scatters like roaches. get lit up from behind with the sawed off Wyatt Earp Shotguns.

ehh.

Try hardcore and wear a mic. Not nearly as crazy.

Dayze 01-03-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6405439)
Try hardcore and wear a mic. Not nearly as crazy.

hmm.
maybe I'll try that.
what's the difference between hardcore and deathmatch?

Kraus 01-03-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6405528)
hmm.
maybe I'll try that.
what's the difference between hardcore and deathmatch?

No HUD, increased bullet damage, no killcam.

The games are a little slower paced, a little more "realistic."

wild1 01-04-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6405595)
No HUD, increased bullet damage, no killcam.

The games are a little slower paced, a little more "realistic."

I like the one with respawning OFF. As long as you don't get killed right away, a lot more strategy seems to be involved. And you get more per kill. They're fun.

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6407609)
I like the one with respawning OFF. As long as you don't get killed right away, a lot more strategy seems to be involved. And you get more per kill. They're fun.

You talking about S & D?

wild1 01-04-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding (Post 6404930)
Oh I didn't realize this.

Its still better.

If you use a gun with good Iron Sights like the SCAR, thats worth it. I die most often when I'm reloading.

I don't see what the big benefit is for the rifles. If reloading is the problem there's a perk that makes that twice as fast. I'd rather have one extra magazine than skip a reload. But even then, I wouldn't use it, I keep scavenger up and constantly resupply.

It might be good for the weapons with very low magazine capacities, I'm thinking of the mini-uzi that has to be reloaded after every kill/attempted kill, or shotguns, and those with few other available attachments, but 90% of the time I'm using the ACR so... meh. Not worth a perk spot.

wild1 01-04-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6405393)
How many of you use the Heartbeat Sensor?

Never, personally.

I normally use scavenger, stopping power/cold blooded, and commando.

I wish you could pick any three out of the pool instead of being limited to one from each group, but I know that is there for balance

wild1 01-04-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6407620)
You talking about S & D?

Think so. Although it sure is depressing to be 1 minute into the game and hear "you're the last man standing"

wild1 01-04-2010 09:03 AM

What game style do you guys find is the fastest way to gain experience?

I like the special games (the ones other than deathmatch and domination) but if you get on a bad team, your experience per hour goes way down.

WhitiE 01-04-2010 09:04 AM

demolition is where its at.... you get so much XP off it. my bro went 5-13 and got 1000 match bonus points. if there were a HC demolition i would be in hog heaven....

Molitoth 01-04-2010 09:08 AM

What are peoples Kill/Death ratio looking like? I've had mine at a steady 1.75, but got it up to 1.80 yesterday. Trying for 2.0 but it may take awhile.
I usually just play Merc Team Deathmatch. Free for All every once in awhile.

wild1 01-04-2010 09:23 AM

Mine is around 1, but I spend dozens of deaths doing stuff like trying to unlock pistol attachments and trying to plant bombs. I don't think you can put much stock in them, with some people inviting their friends and then killing them dozens of times in a row so they are always on an AC130 or what have you.

Molitoth 01-04-2010 09:25 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPajlON_BFE&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mPajlON_BFE&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6407631)
Never, personally.

I wish you could pick any three out of the pool instead of being limited to one from each group, but I know that is there for balance

Heartbeat sensor would be a weapon attachment and not take the place of a perk.

I use it on my sniper. Helps from time to time picking out people or lets me know when someone is sneaking up behind me.

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6407639)
What game style do you guys find is the fastest way to gain experience?

I like the special games (the ones other than deathmatch and domination) but if you get on a bad team, your experience per hour goes way down.

Headquarters used to be a quick way to level up on MW1 - haven't played it on MW2 yet, but I'm assuming it's the same way.

wild1 01-04-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6407726)
Heartbeat sensor would be a weapon attachment and not take the place of a perk.

I use it on my sniper. Helps from time to time picking out people or lets me know when someone is sneaking up behind me.

Duh... haha. I don't know why I started talking about perks right after.

One thing I think is funny is Scrambler. You never know when you truly get killed because of scrambler, but I have killed MANY people because I saw my radar fuzz out, and I otherwise had no clue someone was nearby.

When I see it sometimes I will even walk back and forth to get a direction on them.

Pants 01-04-2010 11:55 AM

Heart beat sensor + FMJ = win on Scrapyard. Otherwise, it's garbage and is just a massive distraction. I don't know how many times I've seen people get effed over by it when you see a dude clearly on their screen and they're not shooting, obviously glued to the little radar screen only to get killed 2 seconds later.

Rely on your eyes and ears and you'll do better, IMO.

HC_Chief 01-04-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6408072)
Heart beat sensor + FMJ = win on Scrapyard. Otherwise, it's garbage and is just a massive distraction. I don't know how many times I've seen people get effed over by it when you see a dude clearly on their screen and they're not shooting, obviously glued to the little radar screen only to get killed 2 seconds later.

Heh, Ninja perk + Cold Blooded kicks their ass every time.

Molitoth 01-04-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6408072)

I hope people rely on your way of thinking, because Heartbeat sensor is one of the most powerful things in the game, imo. I use it on most of my setups.

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6408219)
I hope people rely on your way of thinking, because Heartbeat sensor is one of the most powerful things in the game, imo. I use it on most of my setups.

It works well in regular, but I haven't found much use for it in hardcore. Most people run with cold blooded in hardcore.

Pants 01-04-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 6408219)

More power to you if you can make it work, to me it was a huge distraction and unreliable due to ninja.

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6408476)
More power to you if you can make it work, to me it was a huge distraction and unreliable due to ninja.

Is it ninja that does that? I can never remember which one it is.

Pants 01-04-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6408487)
Is it ninja that does that? I can never remember which one it is.

Yeah, Ninja for heartbeat and Cold Blood for UAV/Air/Turret/Thermal Scope.

Gonzo 01-04-2010 02:03 PM

Ok, ok...

I'm kind of a n00b with this game but I'm playing the regualr campaign.

I'm stuck on the level where you have to protect the computer in the cabin and you're getting hit with wave after wave.

Any pointers?
TIA

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6408676)
Ok, ok...

I'm stuck on the level where you have to protect the computer in the cabin and you're getting hit with wave after wave.

Any pointers?
TIA

Before activating the download, plant your claymores all over the place. I stood in the small room directly behind the laptop - I believe all the guns are there on the floor - with my sniper and picked them off as they were coming in the front door. But keep an eye on the door to your right and the stairs, they'll come from both places.

Buck 01-04-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Ok, ok...

Any pointers?
TIA

There is a weapons cache somewhere in the building. Grab claymores and set them up at all entrances to the house and right around the computer. You should get 10 of them.

Pants 01-04-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Ok, ok...

Any pointers?
TIA

Use claymores? That's about all I can come up with. Are you playing on veteran?

Gonzo 01-04-2010 02:28 PM

Sweet... That's where I was ****ing up, I knew to plant mines but I wasn't getting them in the right place I guess.
Thanks guys.

Valiant 01-04-2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 6405414)

ehh.

****ing hate hate Favalea, there is only one spot that is easy to defend as it only has two entrances.. everywhere else on that map lets it be a run and gun dream..

Invasion is fun because there are like six spots you can defend easily so you do not have to worry about your backside being knifed.. Of course I play mercenary so there is never teamwork anyway..

Valiant 01-04-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6407631)
Never, personally.

I hate commando, I do not mind the jump, but they need to take away the auto aim knife.. That way if you leap and miss your ass gets killed..

Valiant 01-04-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 6408101)
Heh, Ninja perk + Cold Blooded kicks their ass every time.

Yeah I wonder if their is some glitch though.. I have been hiding in the brush as a sniper not firing and some guy from across the map not in my direction will come straight for me when I watch his kill screen.. And I am showing up on their heartbeat.. luckily my claymore usually gets them after I die..

Valiant 01-04-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6408707)
Before activating the download, plant your claymores all over the place. I stood in the small room directly behind the laptop - I believe all the guns are there on the floor - with my sniper and picked them off as they were coming in the front door. But keep an eye on the door to your right and the stairs, they'll come from both places.

Have not gotten to that one on Veteran yet.. Can't get by the ****ing sub one where you have to get to it in 2mins..

Pants 01-04-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6409681)
Have not gotten to that one on Veteran yet.. Can't get by the ****ing sub one where you have to get to it in 2mins..

Are you using the Predator missiles?

Mr. Plow 01-04-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6409681)

Yeah, I remember having some trouble with that one as well. But overall, I didn't think the campaign was all that hard. Hard in some spots, but overall not that difficult.

Pants 01-04-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6409709)
Yeah, I remember having some trouble with that one as well. But overall, I didn't think the campaign was all that hard. Hard in some spots, but overall not that difficult.

The only part I remember truly hating was the Favela mission, somewhere midway through the map, where they choke you off in tight little alley with a bunch of dudes on multiple levels and snipers in the windows. GAH, I was ready to throw my controller at the TV. Everything else went pretty smooth, IIRC.

Dayze 01-04-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6409631)
****ing hate hate Favalea, there is only one spot that is easy to defend as it only has two entrances.. everywhere else on that map lets it be a run and gun dream..

Invasion is fun because there are like six spots you can defend easily so you do not have to worry about your backside being knifed.. Of course I play mercenary so there is never teamwork anyway..

that's what I've been playing - is there 'somewhat' more team work in the other HDM?

Dayze 01-04-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6409718)
The only part I remember truly hating was the Favela mission, somewhere midway through the map, where they choke you off in tight little alley with a bunch of dudes on multiple levels and snipers in the windows. GAH, I was ready to throw my controller at the TV. Everything else went pretty smooth, IIRC.

ROFL
Dude, I was royally frustrated on that mission as well.

Valiant 01-04-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6409718)

Really?? What is your strat for the sub run.. I shoot the seven guys real quick at the bottom, pred the helicopter, rocket the transport carrier and generally run out of time or get killed by randoms because my AI mates suck ass..

Seriously worse AI I have ever seen.. Mine don't kill shit(And I mean zero) and the enemy only targets me, all 25+ of them at once..

Got so mad I literally twisted my controller until is broke apart at the bottom.. Luckily it did not **** it up..

ThaVirus 01-04-2010 06:41 PM

Marathon, lightweight, and commando... Get ready to be knifed!

Pants 01-04-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6409731)
Really?? What is your strat for the sub run.. I shoot the seven guys real quick at the bottom, pred the helicopter, rocket the transport carrier and generally run out of time or get killed by randoms because my AI mates suck ass..

Seriously worse AI I have ever seen.. Mine don't kill shit(And I mean zero) and the enemy only targets me, all 25+ of them at once..

Got so mad I literally twisted my controller until is broke apart at the bottom.. Luckily it did not **** it up..

I did the same thing, except instead of the transports, I shot the big fuel trucks for high kill counts. The clock stops after you reach a certain point at which time you just have to defend the position, you don't have to kill everyone before you reach it, just make it there and start defending. More trucks will come, but it gives you a checkpoint once you make it to the "defend" portion of the map, IIRC.

Ceej 01-04-2010 06:53 PM

"Hey girls."

Pants 01-04-2010 07:03 PM

Also, I went back and played through the game on Recruit to get all the intel pieces and it was so hilariously easy, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was Rambo all the way...

KCChiefsMan 01-04-2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 6409738)

thats all I do but I camp it up at first to get the 4 kill streak so I can run around with the care package canister for most of the game. Lightening fast!

Valiant 01-04-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6409815)
thats all I do but I camp it up at first to get the 4 kill streak so I can run around with the care package canister for most of the game. Lightening fast!

I don't understand, how does having a care package make you lighting fast??

KCChiefsMan 01-05-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6410237)
I don't understand, how does having a care package make you lighting fast??

hold the canister and run around with it, you are probably 2X faster than normal.

TigerPig 01-05-2010 03:20 AM

I don't own this game but I've played it and seen it played quite a bit. Call me sadistic, but I love the "No Russian" level. And the nuke is badass, even when you get hit with it.

wild1 01-05-2010 09:31 AM

Just curious - what level are you guys in multiplayer?

Molitoth 01-05-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 6409738)

ugh.... I hate that shit. I can pump an entire clip in someones chest and I get knifed from across the room. It's really quite bullshit.

Mr. Plow 01-05-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6411010)
Just curious - what level are you guys in multiplayer?

Level 70....have been for awhile. Can't decide if redoing all the shit I've done is worth it.

MVChiefFan 01-05-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Ok, ok...

Any pointers?
TIA

I literally sat on top of the computers in the living room and just shot the crap out of people. When I would run out of ammo I would just grab some dead dudes gun and go to town. It was hilarious.

ThaVirus 01-05-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6409815)

No offense, but I hate that shit. They really need to take care of that glitch. It's a killer on smaller levels, especially Scrapyard.. It wouldn't help you so much on Wasteland or Afghan though.

Kraus 01-05-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6411093)
Level 70....have been for awhile. Can't decide if redoing all the shit I've done is worth it.

I just prestiged last night. I wanted the 6th create a class.

I even managed to finish a game on top playing with the default custom class Sniper. I probably had 13 kills with a pistol.

Boiled Chicken 01-05-2010 03:04 PM

I started over after I hit Prestige. The only thing it unlocked for me was additional challenge bonuses (which some are ridiculous...kill all team members in first 10 seconds...come on)

I'm a fan of Marathon/Lightweight/Commando, but I like Marathon/Cold blooded/Ninja. Used to like Bling Pro, but Marathon lets me catch up to someone when they're hunting.

Agree with the heartbeat sensor...good attachment for sniper, otherwise, its not that great due to the counter perks.

I'm an ACR/FMJ guy....works beautifully until you run into the point blank knife killers.

Mr. Plow 01-05-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 6412096)
I just prestiged last night. I wanted the 6th create a class.

I even managed to finish a game on top playing with the default custom class Sniper. I probably had 13 kills with a pistol.

I've been debating it for that very reason. Get anything else with prestiging?

wild1 01-05-2010 03:44 PM

I did very well with the MP5 to start out the game. It was kind of fun going around just running and spraying while I learned. But the weapon unlocks are what I've been working for. I wouldn't want to give them all back.

HC_Chief 01-05-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 6410689)
hold the canister and run around with it, you are probably 2X faster than normal.

Nice tip! I am using that tonight :-)

I really need to unlock the tac knife... makes a huge difference for your lightweight stabber loadout ;)

Kraus 01-05-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6412286)
I've been debating it for that very reason. Get anything else with prestiging?

More challenges. Some for the guns and some regular challenges.

Pants 01-05-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 6412298)
I did very well with the MP5 to start out the game. It was kind of fun going around just running and spraying while I learned. But the weapon unlocks are what I've been working for. I wouldn't want to give them all back.

Weapon unlocks take no time at all. Cold Blooded Pro, Sit Rep Pro, etc take forever.

There's probably no way I'm prestiging after shooting 750 claymores, 1000 care packages, etc... I just want all my challenges completed, but I'm thinking that is just not going to happen with the max limits IW set on a lot of them, shit is just ridiculous.

wild1 01-05-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6412371)
Weapon unlocks take no time at all. Cold Blooded Pro, Sit Rep Pro, etc take forever.

There's probably no way I'm prestiging after shooting 750 claymores, 1000 care packages, etc... I just want all my challenges completed, but I'm thinking that is just not going to happen with the max limits IW set on a lot of them, shit is just ridiculous.

Whichever one requires you to shoot down helicopters and such, that one is taking me forever.

Dunit35 01-05-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken (Post 6412162)
I started over after I hit Prestige. The only thing it unlocked for me was additional challenge bonuses (which some are ridiculous...kill all team members in first 10 seconds...come on)

I'm a fan of Marathon/Lightweight/Commando, but I like Marathon/Cold blooded/Ninja. Used to like Bling Pro, but Marathon lets me catch up to someone when they're hunting.

Agree with the heartbeat sensor...good attachment for sniper, otherwise, its not that great due to the counter perks.

I'm an ACR/FMJ guy....works beautifully until you run into the point blank knife killers.

Isn't the kill all team members in 10 seconds already on it? I got lucky and unlocked that challenge when I used a harrier strike. I killed four of the six with the airstrike and the other two with my ACR.

Pants 01-06-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 6412719)
Isn't the kill all team members in 10 seconds already on it? I got lucky and unlocked that challenge when I used a harrier strike. I killed four of the six with the airstrike and the other two with my ACR.

It is.

KCChiefsMan 01-06-2010 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 6412331)
Nice tip! I am using that tonight :-)

I really need to unlock the tac knife... makes a huge difference for your lightweight stabber loadout ;)

I love the tac knife. I have it on the USP and Desert Eagle

KCChiefsMan 01-06-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 6412076)
No offense, but I hate that shit. They really need to take care of that glitch. It's a killer on smaller levels, especially Scrapyard.. It wouldn't help you so much on Wasteland or Afghan though.

it's not a glitch. They put that in the game to be like that. It's logic really. You run slow with a Sniper/LMG. Assault rifle = faster than sniper/lmg. SMG = faster than assault rifle. Pistol = faster than SMG. Canister or something smaller than a pistol = run faster than pistol.

They made the game to favor campers and knives.

Mr. Plow 01-06-2010 07:24 PM

One more Vet Spec Ops to do for the 69 stars. ****ing Wetwork.

Valiant 01-06-2010 09:40 PM

Finally got past that ****ing sub lvl.. Probably 60+ tries if not more.. Now the protect the computer and run down the hill one, five tries..

Mr. Plow 01-06-2010 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6417337)
Finally got past that ****ing sub lvl.. Probably 60+ tries if not more.. Now the protect the computer and run down the hill one, five tries..

Crap. The computer part was fairly easy for me - but the getting down the hill was a bitch.