ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Buck 11-28-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149810)
Holy Crap! I did not expect that. Sophia is one of the few original characters still alive in comic books. That's a huge deviation, but it's awesome! It's like telling the readers- this a whole new story. I no longer know what to expect from this show. There is only one scene that HAS to be done the same way as the comic. Well... There'd be a lot I'd like to see, but only one deal breaker scene is left for me. The rest is open game.

Spoiler!

BillSelfsTrophycase 11-28-2011 12:53 AM

When did she change her shirt?

(Yeah I notice stupid shit like that)

Brock 11-28-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carls20yearplan (Post 8149843)

She didn't.

Buck 11-28-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carls20yearplan (Post 8149843)

It's the same one. Purple shirt with a rainbow.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8149817)
Spoiler!

Major Spoilers:

Spoiler!

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149879)
Major Spoilers:

Spoiler!

Buck 11-28-2011 01:14 AM

aturnis, why the **** would you unspoiler what he wrote in the quote? C'mon man!

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:14 AM

Did anyone watch the sneak peaks of next half of the season? Right after the episode or on "Talking Dead"? I missed the sneak peak they played during "Hell on Wheels".

Spoiler!

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8149894)
aturnis, why the **** would you unspoiler what he wrote in the quote? C'mon man!

Damn, didn't think it'd do that. I'll fix it.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8140360)
There are actually three women in the main group - and the fact that you forgot about her is in itself another statement on how the show treats them. Lori is annoying, Andrea is abrasive, and Carol is invisible. Not a very good interpretation of the gender as a whole, and the ranch women aren't much better. I think the most sensible female character was Jacqui, the black woman from last season who got blown up in the CDC.

There is one female character that they haven't introduced that freaking rocks. According to reports, Stephen King and Joe Hill are bringing her in season 3.

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:17 AM

Sorry. :huh:

Buck 11-28-2011 01:21 AM

I think this season has been awesome so far.

Can't wait for it to come back in Feb.

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149900)
There is one female character that they haven't introduced that freaking rocks. According to reports, Stephen King and Joe Hill are bringing her in season 3.

King writing an episode? I googled, everything I saw denied or shot down the possibility. Has there been any confirmation?

aturnis 11-28-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8149909)
I think this season has been awesome so far.

Can't wait for it to come back in Feb.

Episode threw me for a loop. WAY excited for February.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8149889)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

NJChiefsFan 11-28-2011 01:30 AM

Well done episode. I consider myself pretty good at seeing stuff coming, and even when heard the breathing I only thought it was a little kid. Not until half way up did I even think about it being Sophia. Seems like an obvious move looking back but thats what good writing does.

Seems like in the previews going foward the farm is where it will take place, but maybe that was just for an episode.

Buck 11-28-2011 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149917)
Spoiler!

IMO Daryl is Tyreese.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 8149910)
King writing an episode? I googled, everything I saw denied or shot down the possibility. Has there been any confirmation?

Spoiler!

Jawshco 11-28-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8149924)
IMO Daryl is Tyreese.

Hmm... That's an interesting idea.

Buck 11-28-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149928)
Hmm... That's an interesting idea.

I mean obviously they are different, but similar enough to where they can have Daryl follow some of those storylines.

Holy shit I just thought of something.

Spoiler!

Jawshco 11-28-2011 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8149930)
I mean obviously they are different, but similar enough to where they can have Daryl follow some of those storylines.

Holy shit I just thought of something.

Spoiler!

I think you're on to something...

I just watched the tepid Hell on Wheels to see the sneak peak at the next episode. Ug... It wasn't worth it. It was more like a justifiably deleted scene from tonight's episode.

NJChiefsFan 11-28-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8149954)
I think you're on to something...

I just watched the tepid Hell on Wheels to see the sneak peak at the next episode. Ug... It wasn't worth it. It was more like a justifiably deleted scene from tonight's episode.

That show is alright so far. They never give much in those scenes, but it did atleast show that he wants Shane gone, if that was even in doubt.

KC_Connection 11-28-2011 06:10 AM

Maybe people will stop complaining about this show now, it's certainly on the right track.

Glad to see Rick finally make a real decision at the end and take action. I hope it will turn his character around.

siberian khatru 11-28-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8149921)
I consider myself pretty good at seeing stuff coming, and even when heard the breathing I only thought it was a little kid. Not until half way up did I even think about it being Sophia. Seems like an obvious move looking back but thats what good writing does.

Same here. Was kicking myself last night for not seeing that coming. Don't know why I never thought of that, esp. after I figured out the barn was full of family and friends zombies. After that, it's a fairly short hop to the conclusion, which I never took.

siberian khatru 11-28-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8150086)

Glad to see Rick finally make a real decision at the end and take action. I hope it will turn his character around.

Agreed.

Aries Walker 11-28-2011 07:26 AM

I will be interested to find out if Herschel knew that that was Sophie in the barn, or if he didn't make the connection.

Also, I think it kind of funny that they named him Herschel, considering the last name of the only other Herschel I can think of.

KC_Lee 11-28-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8150132)
I will be interested to find out if Herschel knew that that was Sophie in the barn, or if he didn't make the connection.

They talked about that on the "Talking Dead" show. When Rick and Herschel went a got the zombies out of the creek Herschel said that zombie retrieving was Otis' job.

Since Otis was killed before Rick's group mentioned that they were looking for Sophie Herschel did not know about Sophie.

Jawshco 11-28-2011 11:36 AM

Hershel also said this about Otis and not knowing in the sneak preview scene that aired during Hell on Wheels. I wasn't buying it as an excuse, and it didn't look like Rick was either.

Huffmeister 11-28-2011 12:45 PM

I loved the acting by the guy that plays Herschel. Throughout the whole season, from the first time you see him, he's always got this stoic, wise presence. Always dishing out down-to-earth Southern common sense and compassion, and always has it together as the leader of the farm group.

Then at the end of last night's episode, to see him on his knees, broken and devastated as they start firing away at his loved ones. It looked like he was about to have a complete breakdown.

Bowser 11-28-2011 12:47 PM

Did NOT see that coming.
Spoiler!
Outstanding mid season finale.

Bowser 11-28-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8151012)
I loved the acting by the guy that plays Herschel. Throughout the whole season, from the first time you see him, he's always got this stoic, wise presence. Always dishing out down-to-earth Southern common sense and compassion, and always has it together as the leader of the farm group.

Then at the end of last night's episode, to see him on his knees, broken and devastated as they start firing away at his loved ones. It looked like he was about to have a complete breakdown.

It started when Shane put three in the chest of that woman zombie Herschel knew. He had a total WTF look on his face. And, it probably started a bit before that when Maggie told him how Glen had saved her from a walker in town.

Herschel, in his own way, had come to grips with what was happening to him and his world, and had found a way to deal with it while feeling like he was still in control. In the span of about 90 seconds, all of that went up in flames.

Aries Walker 11-28-2011 04:34 PM

The same guy played Catherine Willows's father in CSI a few years back. He was good in that too, and a radically different kind of character.

Nzoner 11-28-2011 04:47 PM

Holy shit,glad I have it on the dvr,going to be watching that last part again.

Deberg_1990 11-28-2011 07:05 PM

The speculation is that Darbont wrote that ending, and this was probably his last involvement with the series.....if you have seen The Mist, you can see the similarities....

Buck 11-28-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8152021)
The speculation is that Darbont wrote that ending, and this was probably his last involvement with the series.....if you have seen The Mist, you can see the similarities....

I'm pretty sure that he wasn't involved past the first or second episode of this season.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-29-2011 12:12 AM

Well, there is the payoff for all those bitching about them looking for the girl all season.

kcxiv 11-29-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8152021)

ughh, that is the first movie that had me speechless. I sooooo didnt expect that ending.

Deberg_1990 11-29-2011 07:32 AM

Spoiler!

Bump 11-29-2011 08:00 AM

finally a good episode and it's over for now, awesome.

bevischief 11-29-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8152043)
I'm pretty sure that he wasn't involved past the first or second episode of this season.

They usually have the at least half the season written before they start shooting.

Buck 11-29-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8153762)
They usually have the at least half the season written before they start shooting.

Yeah but the news was that he wasn't involved past the 2nd episode. Plus he didn't have writing credits.

Deberg_1990 11-29-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8153796)
Yeah but the news was that he wasn't involved past the 2nd episode. Plus he didn't have writing credits.

Ive read some things that said he had the first 7 or 8 episodes mapped out. and for whatever reason, they still list his name in the opening credits?

keg in kc 11-29-2011 03:02 PM

Finally watched it last night, and even knowing what was coming, that last five minutes was a powerful ending to the season, on so many levels.

Buck 11-29-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8154156)
Ive read some things that said he had the first 7 or 8 episodes mapped out. and for whatever reason, they still list his name in the opening credits?

His name will always be in the opening credits as developed by, but you have to look at the writing credits.

It could have been his idea, but he didn't write the script.

Los Pollos Hermanos 11-29-2011 04:30 PM

I would think that whatever episode Sophia went missing, her fate was already decided upon.

Barret 11-29-2011 04:58 PM

Question: is there a decent place to stream episodes of The Walking Dead from? I missed several of these past episodes and would like to be caught up.

NewChief 11-29-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 8154480)
Question: is there a decent place to stream episodes of The Walking Dead from? I missed several of these past episodes and would like to be caught up.

tubeplus.me has it.

notorious 11-29-2011 06:11 PM

Shane is awesome, and he is carrying this show.

Gonzo 11-29-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8154498)
tubeplus.me has it.

The entire 1st season is on netflix.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo 11-29-2011 07:18 PM

I just watched the last episode. I liked to shit myself there at the end. Good way to end the 1/2 season...

That was all sorts of ****ed up.
Posted via Mobile Device

cabletech94 11-29-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8154573)

don't remember where i read it, but the actor that portrays shane has joined the cast of a new series. can't remember the name or station.

don't want to say don't get used to him, as the show has strayed a bit from the graphic novels.

but it's still pretty fuggin awesome. and i totally agree with keg's post above about the powerful last 5 minutes. hit me good. it really did. damn.

DaveNull 11-29-2011 07:30 PM

This mid-season break stuff is BS.

KC_Connection 11-29-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8154573)

Yep...has the entire season. He's one crazy mother****er, a real sociopath. I liked the scene where he stomped off from Lori as if in a trance before being brought back to reality by Carl talking to him.

There's no reason to think the show will get rid of him any time soon. I certainly hope they don't.

Deberg_1990 11-29-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8154747)
Yep...has the entire season. He's one crazy mother****er, a real sociopath. I liked the scene where he stomped off from Lori as if in a trance before being brought back to reality by Carl talking to him.

There's no reason to think the show will get rid of him any time soon. I certainly hope they don't.

Loved that scene with him and Dale and the gun. "Your made for this world Shane"

I would have loved for Dale to blast him, but deep down he knows they need him too much.

Huffmeister 11-29-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8154835)
Loved that scene with him and Dale and the gun. "Your made for this world Shane"

I would have loved for Dale to blast him, but deep down he knows they need him too much.

That scene reminded me of the season 1 episode of Lost where Jack confronts Sawyer in the wreckage: "Where do you think we are?" "We're in the wild."

And I don't think the reason that Dale didn't shoot Shane was because he thought they needed him. He didn't shoot because he didn't want to be like Shane.

Buck 11-29-2011 08:45 PM

Yeah...Shane is boss.

If he ever does die, it will definitely be during a season finale.

The one thing that I can't wrap my mind around, being a reader of the comics, which are pretty much ever-lasting, is that there is going to be a series finale eventually. I wonder how it will end.

cabletech94 11-29-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8154877)
Yeah...Shane is boss.

If he ever does die, it will definitely be during a season finale.

The one thing that I can't wrap my mind around, being a reader of the comics, which are pretty much ever-lasting, is that there is going to be a series finale eventually. I wonder how it will end.

2 words.

bloody and (extremely) violent.

those 2 cross my mind.

maybe horrific thrown in there, too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-29-2011 10:11 PM

Should have double tapped her.

KcMizzou 11-29-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 8155066)
Should have double tapped her.

LMAO Honestly, I was expecting it.

Buck 11-30-2011 03:45 AM

Just posting this so I can watch it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXuirf9pp0

Buck 11-30-2011 04:52 AM

This is cool. Plus you can hear all of the actor's real accents.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3LyKjYlGJxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC_Connection 11-30-2011 05:24 AM

Andrew Lincoln mentions in there that the ending is a "movement towards a darker, more practical, dangerous side of Rick." I certainly hope that's where the writers take his character, the show needs that development.

keg in kc 11-30-2011 05:35 AM

I saw it as Rick taking responsibility for what he sees as his failure (protecting the girl) and ultimately doing what a leader sometimes has to do, the thing that nobody else will. I thought it was telling that there was so much focus on everybody else just standing there, dumbstruck, and he's finally the one who steps forward and does the hard thing. After he refused to fire even a single shot while they'd dropped all the walkers in the barn. It could be a huge step forward for the character.

Aries Walker 11-30-2011 07:14 AM

I don't think they can get rid of Shane any time soon. The tension between him and Rick, and their two different philosophies about how to deal with the new world, is the central force which drives the drama in the show. Getting rid of either of them would unbalance things.

Also, I wonder which of those walkers was Herschel's wife.

blaise 11-30-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8155403)
I saw it as Rick taking responsibility for what he sees as his failure (protecting the girl) and ultimately doing what a leader sometimes has to do, the thing that nobody else will. I thought it was telling that there was so much focus on everybody else just standing there, dumbstruck, and he's finally the one who steps forward and does the hard thing. After he refused to fire even a single shot while they'd dropped all the walkers in the barn. It could be a huge step forward for the character.

That, and it could set up a conflict between Sophia's mom and Rick. She was already mad that he lost her, and then she sees him shoot her down.

PhillyChiefFan 11-30-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Yea, I thought pretty much the same thing. That and how hypocritical it would have been if he (or someone) wouldn't have put a bullet in her.

That scene was pretty good, the look of helplessness on Herschel's face, Shane's freak out, and when the whole group joined in to drop the walkers...really good scene.

Dartgod 11-30-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8155418)
Also, I wonder which of those walkers was Herschel's wife.

I thought that was who was going to be the last to come out of the barn.

bevischief 11-30-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8155421)
That, and it could set up a conflict between Sophia's mom and Rick. She was already mad that he lost her, and then she sees him shoot her down.

She will probably blow her brains out.

PhillyChiefFan 11-30-2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8155423)
I thought that was who was going to be the last to come out of the barn.

That's exactly what I though when it showed her legs.

I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming.

Dartgod 11-30-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 8155426)
That's exactly what I though when it showed her legs.

I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming.

Me neither. I probably should have, but I just assumed that having Herschel's wife come out alone and then getting her brains blown out would have been a pretty powerful ending (along with Herschel's reaction). This was even better.

Deberg_1990 11-30-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Thats exactly how i saw it as well. Loved it.

Spoiler!

kaplin42 11-30-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

This.

On top of asserting his role of leader of the group, doing what needed to be done while no one else was willing to.

I also thought the cinematography was great for that scene. Sophia played the part great, but the camera angle looking back a Rick, but more importantly down the barrel of the gun was awesome.

blaise 11-30-2011 09:34 AM

They should just parcel off some of Herschel's land and build their own.

KC_Connection 11-30-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8155594)

Shane was insinuating at the end that they just start controlling all of it for themselves.

Deberg_1990 11-30-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8157003)
Shane was insinuating at the end that they just start controlling all of it for themselves.

If this was for real, i see no reason why this wouldnt happen. Its basically anarchy...no law. Whos going to stop them other than themselves.

Buck 11-30-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

No, Herschel should stop being a stubborn **** and realize that it's in his best interest to have these people around.

That wouldn't make for good TV though, we obviously don't want this to turn into Little Walkers on the Prairie, so I'm assuming he's going to keep being stubborn and something is going to happen to the farm.

blaise 11-30-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8157056)
If this was for real, i see no reason why this wouldnt happen. Its basically anarchy...no law. Whos going to stop them other than themselves.

And most of the land just looks like pasture. Even if Hershel was growing crops on all of it, there's no way he could work it all with just three or four people without a tractor.
And the few horses he has wouldn't graze it all anyway. Eventually he'd start getting trees and brush all over it.
But whatever. It's a show, I know. I just like complaining I guess.

Aries Walker 11-30-2011 05:33 PM

I also liked the shot of Darryl during the turkey-shoot, with the flames coming out of his shotgun barrel. And Jon Berenthal did a helluva job with the "You've got to fight!" monologue; he didn't sound like he was acting at all. He sounded righteously pissed.

blaise 11-30-2011 05:35 PM

I liked when Shane shot the walker Rick was holding. And Rick was sort of like, "Oh, right."

chasedude 11-30-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8157056)

Which I think is why Hershel wanted such a control of no arms on the farm.