ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Daboll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255811)

O.city 02-07-2012 08:56 PM

Vince Young, sign him up.

Setsuna 02-07-2012 09:08 PM

Pick up John Brantley. He will be UFA. He good!

Frankie 02-07-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357420)
The front office sees Matt Cassel as a hard working, smart guy that happens to play quarterback.

Smart? Wasn't it said recently that he had trouble with the Chiefs terminology?
[/QUOTE]

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357513)

That's just this team needs, a head case QB.

O.city 02-07-2012 09:19 PM

He was a head case when he was constantly ****ed with by 5050's buddy in Titanland.

stonedstooge 02-07-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357573)
He was a head case when he was constantly ****ed with by 5050's buddy in Titanland.

Yeah Vince Young could sign with the Chiefs, and in his signing interview, claim he is playing for the "Dream Team" again.

O.city 02-07-2012 09:26 PM

I think Vince Young is in the mold of what NFL qbs are moving toward. He was about 4 years too soon.

I'd take him.

stonedstooge 02-07-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357591)
I think Vince Young is in the mold of what NFL qbs are moving toward. He was about 4 years too soon.

I'd take him.

I know there was a lot of crazy stuff that went on with him. It would be difficult to think that he wasn't at least part of the problem. Maybe an older coach like Romeo could keep him level

O.city 02-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 8357604)
I know there was a lot of crazy stuff that went on with him. It would be difficult to think that he wasn't at least part of the problem. Maybe an older coach like Romeo could keep him level

He seems to be a good play action guy and is athletic as all get out. He throws a pretty good ball and would come cheap.

Most of all the dude is a winner.

I'd take him.

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357591)

I'd take him.

He's a piece of shit that good coordinators eat alive.

O.city 02-07-2012 10:03 PM

What?

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357693)
What?

Vince Young is a piece of shit.

We talk about Cassel's lack of production, well Young has 3 300+ yard games for his entire CAREER.

O.city 02-07-2012 10:09 PM

Ok moving on then.

Guys, I don't knwo what the hell we are gonna do at qb. Every options seems shitty, unavailable, or more shitty.

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357711)
Ok moving on then.

Guys, I don't knwo what the hell we are gonna do at qb. Every options seems shitty, unavailable, or more shitty.

There's nothing we can do.

We ride out the last two years of Pioli's absolute cornholing of this franchise and hope we get out with 3 or 4 more productive years left from our Herm/Carl franchise core.

J Diddy 02-07-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8357438)
because... he has given up picks to his buddy Patriots before for average junk like Cassel and Vrabel?

because he has served up free players to the Patriots like Waters and Page?

because he still loves everything Patriots?

he gave up a pick for a qb that the pats had franchised and a defensive leader for a defense that was shaking off the robinson/gun era. A 2nd. Still think it was a good trade.

Waters went to the pats and page was a conditional trade after injuring himself in 09 and sitting out the preseason with a contract dispute after drafting berry.

Your argument has less legs to stand on than legless willy.

O.city 02-07-2012 10:13 PM

I guess and hope the guys from Pioli can stay productive. Ala Berry, Houston, Baldwin, Jackson.

You think he will only get 2 more years?

J Diddy 02-07-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8357714)
There's nothing we can do.

We ride out the last two years of Pioli's absolute cornholing of this franchise and hope we get out with 3 or 4 more productive years left from our Herm/Carl franchise core.

I'm curious why you're a chiefs fan.
Shouldn't you be able to get more video to steal, edit, and call your own in a bigger market?

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357724)
I guess and hope the guys from Pioli can stay productive. Ala Berry, Houston, Baldwin, Jackson.

You think he will only get 2 more years?

I see no reason to think we're doing anything in two years that will earn him an extension.

The leadership of this franchise consists entirely of guys that suck.

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8357727)
I'm curious why you're a chiefs fan.

Shouldn't you be able to get more video to steal, edit, and call your own in a bigger market?

Because I'm a masochist.

O.city 02-07-2012 10:17 PM

Maybe they pull a rabbit out and go for broke.

RGIII.

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357733)
Maybe they pull a rabbit out and go for broke.

RGIII.

Yeah, and maybe I'm a chinese jet pilot.

Pioli is all in with Cassel, all moves from here on out are in support of him.

FD 02-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357513)

I would take Vince Young in a second. He has improved his passing every year he's been in the league, opens holes for the running game and is a proven winner who plays best when the stakes are high.

J Diddy 02-07-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8357731)
Because I'm a masochist.

Really. After a decade of dealing with your shit I'm starting to think I'm a masochist.

Titty Meat 02-07-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante (Post 8357739)
I would take Vince Young in a second. He has improved his passing every year he's been in the league, opens holes for the running game and is a proven winner who plays best when the stakes are high.

Vince Young is awful and part of the reason why the Eagles aren't in the playoffs.

Hammock Parties 02-07-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante (Post 8357739)

No, he's a piece of shit. He's honestly worse than Cassel.

He'll fail every time in an important game against a better QB.

ChiefsCountry 02-07-2012 10:54 PM

Brady ****ing Quinn. j/k :)

Titty Meat 02-07-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8357777)
No, he's a piece of shit. He's honestly worse than Cassel.

He'll fail every time in an important game against a better QB.

Last year

Vince Young 4 touchdowns 9 picks

Tyler Palko 2 touchdowns 7 picks

NJChiefsFan 02-07-2012 11:06 PM

That one pick against PIT has to count for atleast 2, if not 2 and 1/2.

FD 02-07-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8357752)
Vince Young is awful and part of the reason why the Eagles aren't in the playoffs.

This is reeruned.

He led a clutch, end of the game drive to beat the Giants in his first start in a new system, and the Eagles were 2-7 at the time.

jd1020 02-07-2012 11:20 PM

Everyones bitching about Cassels lack of passing yards and VY's best season came with 2500 passing yards and 17 INTs.

Frankie 02-08-2012 01:43 AM

Vince Young is not ours. So naturally he's an elite QB we should not miss out on.

Titty Meat 02-08-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante (Post 8357831)
This is reeruned.

He led a clutch, end of the game drive to beat the Giants in his first start in a new system, and the Eagles were 2-7 at the time.

You obvious didn't watch Eagles games.

It's convenient you left out the game against Seattle towards the end of the year where he eliminated the Eagles when he threw a pick 6.

Also your claim that he's gotten better every year is an inaccurate one. He hasn't completed above 60% of his throws since 2008. He hasn't thrown for more than 12 touchdowns since 2006.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-08-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8357610)
He seems to be a good play action guy and is athletic as all get out. He throws a pretty good ball and would come cheap.

Most of all the dude is a winner.

I'd take him.

No he doesn't. He throws like the uncle from Napolean Dynamite.

splatbass 02-08-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8357383)
Mallet set records during his college career; Cassel didn't even start.

Who would you prefer on the roster right now?

Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang set college records for Hawaii, then busted in the pros. Neither was even as good as Cassel. College records are just college records and have no bearing on whether a QB will be good in the pros.

htismaqe 02-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8358141)
Colt Brennan and Timmy Chang set college records for Hawaii, then busted in the pros. Neither was even as good as Cassel. College records are just college records and have no bearing on whether a QB will be good in the pros.

That's not completely correct.

QBs that start 2 seasons or more in college don't always succeed but QBs that start 1 season or less almost always fail.

Does that make sense?

el borracho 02-08-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8358141)

Well, I would agree if you said that college records are not guarantees of success (actually, I already stated that in this thread) but I disagree pretty strongly with the idea that college records have no bearing.

Seriously, who would you rather have on this team right now- Cassel or Mallet?

FAX 02-08-2012 09:10 AM

It's a shame, really.

Cassel has problems with vision and decision-making. A quarterback has to make his reads, make a decision, and get the ball to the best possible receiver in a matter of a few seconds. Cassel simply cannot do that with any consistency. You can have all the other physical attributes and an awesome attitude, but if you can't make quick reads, decisions, and throws, you cannot be successful.

Cassel's brain is wired for baseball ... not football.

FAX

splatbass 02-08-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8358153)
Well, I would agree if you said that college records are not guarantees of success (actually, I already stated that in this thread) but I disagree pretty strongly with the idea that college records have no bearing.

No bearing = no guarantees of success. Two different ways of saying the same thing.

splatbass 02-08-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8358151)
That's not completely correct.

QBs that start 2 seasons or more in college don't always succeed but QBs that start 1 season or less almost always fail.

Does that make sense?

Colt Brennan started 3 seasons. He sucks more than Matt Cassel that didn't start at all. Colt Brennan broke a bunch of NCAA passing records. He sucks worse than Matt freaking Cassel. My point that breaking college records doesn't mean you will be a successful pro QB stands, and can't really be denied.

FAX 02-08-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8358189)
Colt Brennan start 3 seasons. He sucks more than Matt Cassel that didn't start at all. Colt Brennan broke a bunch of NCAA passing records. He sucks worse than Matt freaking Cassel. My point that breaking college records doesn't mean you will be a successful pro QB stands, and can't really be denied.

Given the issues described in Daboll's resume, it's possible they didn't exactly develop him properly.

FAX

htismaqe 02-08-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 8358189)
Colt Brennan started 3 seasons. He sucks more than Matt Cassel that didn't start at all. Colt Brennan broke a bunch of NCAA passing records. He sucks worse than Matt freaking Cassel. My point that breaking college records doesn't mean you will be a successful pro QB stands, and can't really be denied.

You didn't even read what I said.

jd1020 02-08-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 8358153)

Seriously, who would you rather have on this team right now- Cassel or Mallet?

What has Mallet done in the NFL besides sit on the inactive roster for his entire career?

Coogs 02-08-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8358445)
What has Mallet done in the NFL besides sit on the inactive roster for his entire career?

And sadly, I would rather have Mallett. At least he offers an unknown hope. Wish he wasn't from New England though.

ClearmontChief 02-08-2012 01:07 PM

Sounds like at least one Miami Offensive Player happy to see Daboll gone...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ot-on-defense/

Dolphins’ players seem happy with changes on offense, not on defense
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
ReutersAs new head coach Joe Philbin re-shapes the Dolphins, the reviews from the players are reportedly positive on offense but negative on defense.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins’ offensive players are happy that Philbin has replaced offensive coordinator Brian Daboll with Mike Sherman. Jackson cites one “prominent offensive player” as saying that Daboll would tell a player one thing about his role and playing time, then do something different on game day. So Sherman is viewed as a welcome change.

However, Jackson reports that some of the Dolphins’ defensive players are upset about switching from a 3-4 base defense to a 4-3 base defense. Those comments apparently come from players who believe they’re better suited to a 3-4, which would suggest that those players are worried their own jobs are on the line. So it’s not exactly surprising that they wouldn’t want to switch base defenses.

The good news for those players, then, is that the Dolphins might not be changing their base defense anyway. But if Philbin is going to turn things around in Miami, he may need to jettison some unhappy campers no matter what defense new coordinator Kevin Coyle plans to run.

htismaqe 02-08-2012 01:11 PM

I don't know why anybody here would want Mallett.

He's got an upside of Drew Bledsoe at best. He's a potential headcase with a strong arm and stone feet.

And he's a Patriot - why would we continue to give them picks for their castoffs?

dirk digler 02-08-2012 01:13 PM

According to PFT Zorn maybe gone

Quote:

Jim Zorn has had a rough few years. Fired by the Redskins after being neutered via the hiring of “consultant” Sherm Lewis, who traded in bingo-calling for play-calling, and then fired after a year with the Ravens as quarterbacks coach, Zorn recently was passed over for a promotion to offensive coordinator in Kansas City after a year as quarterbacks coach.

And while the Chiefs weren’t willing to give Zorn permission to interview with the Bears for a lateral move, they now seem to be resigned to letting him walk away.

I hope that Jim stays,” Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said Tuesday, via the Kansas City Star. “I know that any time you’re interviewed for the coordinator job, you have hopes of getting it, and it didn’t work out for him here at this time. But I told Jim that I wanted him to stay and hoped that he would stay. And I expect him to stay. I don’t know what else might happen for him, but if nothing happens for him, then I expect him to be there.”

So where was that vibe last week, when Zorn had an opportunity to interview with the Bears? Though he may not have gotten the job then, he definitely won’t get it now, given that the Bears have hired Jeremy Bates.

The Chiefs had every right to deny Zorn a chance to leave for anything other than a head-coaching job. The fact that they’re now willing to let him go suggests that maybe they want him to go. If, after all, he leaves for another job, he won’t be owed a buyout for the balance of his Chiefs contract.

Besides, new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll may want his own quarterbacks coach, instead of the guy who wanted the job that Daboll now has.

stonedstooge 02-08-2012 01:17 PM

Me thinks Pioli loves drama and turmoil within the organization. That way you can play people off one another

Chiefnj2 02-08-2012 01:20 PM

Zorn is gone. Why would you keep him? You don't promote him to OC, you don't let him go interview elsewhere as a coordinator. I'm thinking he's not too happy with Scott and the rest of the team right now.

htismaqe 02-08-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 8358722)
According to PFT Zorn maybe gone

I'm not a Zorn fan (I tend to think his treatment over the years is because he sucks, not because he has bad luck).

That being said, if this is true, the Chiefs FO is the biggest bunch of petty pricks I've ever seen.

Hammock Parties 02-08-2012 01:31 PM

Zorn is the best QB coach we could ask for.

If he's fired, yeah, I hope this entire regime gets hit by a bus.

whoman69 02-08-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8358716)
I don't know why anybody here would want Mallett.

He's got an upside of Drew Bledsoe at best. He's a potential headcase with a strong arm and stone feet.

And he's a Patriot - why would we continue to give them picks for their castoffs?

Its the Patriot way

FAX 02-08-2012 01:51 PM

ROFL

What a bunch of idiots.

FAX

bevischief 02-08-2012 01:55 PM

What a train wreck this has turned into. Hopefully after the next 2 yrs are up hopefully Clark cleans house of everyone.

FAX 02-08-2012 01:56 PM

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that, had they not promoted Crennel, he would have been gone, as well.

This is a mess, guys.

FAX

Micjones 02-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 8358874)
It's perfectly reasonable to assume that, had they not promoted Crennel, he would have been gone, as well.

This is a mess, guys.

FAX

A big one.

The worst part about it is that it's unfolding as a national soap opera.

Titty Meat 02-08-2012 02:41 PM

Wow just wow.

mcaj22 02-08-2012 02:51 PM

seriously this Patriot Tree crap was the worst thing to ever happen to this team. what a nightmare

Okie_Apparition 02-08-2012 02:57 PM

If he had a hot wife, no one would give a ****
Brady- hot wife
Bilicheck -MILFed to the max

jd1020 02-08-2012 03:03 PM

Funny how we can all be outraged about Pioli for sticking with mediocrity at QB and then when people like Haley leave and Zorn potentially leaving we have people outraged because of their departure(s).

philfree 02-08-2012 03:05 PM

After reading the crying here day after day I think this is going to be great hire.

Okie_Apparition 02-08-2012 03:05 PM

When he stepped away from the tree he got burned

htismaqe 02-08-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8359062)
Funny how we can all be outraged about Pioli for sticking with mediocrity at QB and then when people like Haley leave and Zorn potentially leaving we have people outraged because of their departure(s).

People aren't outraged about Haley or Zorn leaving. People are outraged about the way it's gone down.

Why deny Zorn the opportunity to interview for other jobs and then not have a place for him here? Why dismiss Haley with 1 year left on his contract and then refuse to pay him?

This Front Office had PLENTY of opportunities to make these types of things simple, streamlined, and painless. Instead they've decided to be petty ****sticks.

htismaqe 02-08-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8359071)
When he stepped away from the tree he got burned

When did he step away from the tree?

jd1020 02-08-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8359098)
People aren't outraged about Haley or Zorn leaving. People are outraged about the way it's gone down.

Why deny Zorn the opportunity to interview for other jobs and then not have a place for him here? Why dismiss Haley with 1 year left on his contract and then refuse to pay him?

This Front Office had PLENTY of opportunities to make these types of things simple, streamlined, and painless. Instead they've decided to be petty ****sticks.

Maybe he was plan B if plan A failed. Now that plan A succeeded they are going to let him find something better, if he wishes to.

The Chiefs weren't obligated to grant permission to the Bears so wtf are people bitching about? Who gives a ****?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-08-2012 03:22 PM

Crennel changing structure of Chiefs offensive staff
By Josh Looney

Brian Daboll will not serve as a position coach. He'll focus on being the offensive coordinator.

With the hiring of Brian Daboll as offense coordinator, head coach Romeo Crennel is changing the structure of the Chiefs coaching staff.

It’s a shift in staff structure the team hasn’t seen since Chan Gailey served as offensive coordinator in Herm Edwards’ final season as head coach.

The change is both simple and efficient.

Daboll will not have any coaching responsibility other than being the team’s offensive coordinator. It’s essentially the same setup Crennel uses on the defense side of the football.

“He is a coordinator,” Crennel said. “Now as a coordinator he will be able to go into every meeting room on the offensive side of the ball but he’s going to coordinate the offense and go from there.”

Last season, Bill Muir served as the Chiefs offensive line coach in addition to his coordinator duties.

The year before, Charlie Weis carried the coordinator title but the Chiefs did not hire a quarterbacks coach on staff. Weis was responsible for that position and led quarterback meetings.

Even Todd Haley held positional duties while serving as offensive coordinator. In addition to his role as the team’s head coach, Haley often oversaw quarterback drills and meetings while serving as the team’s offensive coordinator in 2009.

Haley forced the brunt of quarterback responsibility on himself as a rookie head coach after firing Gailey as the team’s offensive coordinator two weeks before the start of the 2009 season. Gailey had been coaching the quarterbacks prior to his firing, which was a change from the previous year when he served only as the team's offensive coordinator.

Crennel’s decision to keep Daboll from carrying positional duties is significant in several ways.

First, it allows Daboll to concentrate his efforts on the offense as a whole. He’ll be able to roam from position to position, making adjustments, and will be able to watch tape on the entire 11-man operation rather than dedicating a significant portion of his time to a certain position group.

Second, alleviating positional duties from Daboll provides continuity for Matt Cassel and the Chiefs quarterbacks.

Cassel hasn’t just had five different offensive coordinators in what will be his fourth season with the team. He’s had four different position coaches the past three seasons as well.

Throw in the assistance that offensive quality control coach Nick Sirianni has provided and you could argue that Cassel’s had five quarterback coaches in three seasons with the Chiefs.

Even though Jim Zorn interviewed for the team’s offensive coordinator opening and came up short, it appears Zorn will stay on staff. Zorn’s return would give Cassel the same position coach two seasons in a row for the first time since he arrived in Kansas City.

“(Offensive Coordinator) didn’t work out for (Zorn) here at this time, but I told Jim that I wanted him to stay and hoped that he would stay and I expect him to stay” Crennel said. “I don’t know what else might happen for him but if nothing happens for him then I expect him to be here.

“Jim is a good coach, I think he’ll do a good job with the quarterbacks so we’re looking forward to him being here and going forward.”

Zorn’s return would provide a consistent voice for Cassel, Ricky Stanzi and potentially even unrestricted free agent Kyle Orton. Zorn was able to work more hands-on with Chiefs quarterbacks last season than the three position coaches who preceded him.

Zorn’s presence also allowed Sirianni, who’s been with the team in a quality control capacity for three seasons, to gain experience assisting other offensive positions including wide receiver. That experience could make Sirianni a candidate to become the team’s next wide receivers coach.

Currently, Crennel is still looking to fill three offensive staff positions.

“We’ve got an offensive line spot that we need to fill and an assistant offensive line spot,” Crennel said. “I have a direction that I’m going with the receivers and so we’ve got a couple of spots that we’ve got to look at.

“Hopefully it won’t take as long as it took with Brian but I think that you have to go through the process and that’s one of the things that we wanted to do was be thorough in the process.”

Daboll’s hiring is Crennel’s most important of the offseason and it represents the focal point of an effort to overhaul the Chiefs offense.

But the structure surrounding Daboll’s hiring also allows for the presence of continuity while changes are being made.

“I’m going to depend on him to handle the offensive side of the ball,” Crennel said. “But with that being said, because of our relationship we are going to be able to sit down and say this is how we need to attack an opponent, this is what we need to do in the game plan and then I expect Brian to implement those things.”

To successfully overhaul the offense with the least amount of turbulence, Daboll will need the assistance of offensive staffers who know the team’s personnel best. That’s where the retention of Zorn, Sirianni, Maurice Carthon and Bernie Parmalee come into play.

Without stacking positional duties on top of Daboll’s coordinator role, the Chiefs offensive transformation should run more smoothly.

Rausch 02-08-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8359098)

We don't owe Haley $3it. He was not only a d!ck but a loser. He was a terrible HC with a terrible record.

They should ask for their money back. Hell, we should too.

And I don't care if they deny Zorn a lateral move. **** that, Zorn is already a QB coach. We aren't taking food off his table.

Now, we deny him an opportunity to become HC or OC and I'd think that was shady...

jd1020 02-08-2012 03:36 PM

Besides... nothing in that article says they are going to accept someone's request to interview him. They just said "I hope he stays." Didn't Zorn say he would quit if not given the OC job?

BossChief 02-08-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8359130)

“We’ve got an offensive line spot that we need to fill and an assistant offensive line spot,” Crennel said. “I have a direction that I’m going with the receivers and so we’ve got a couple of spots that we’ve got to look at.

“Hopefully it won’t take as long as it took with Brian but I think that you have to go through the process and that’s one of the things that we wanted to do was be thorough in the process.”

So, that sounds like Sirianni will be our new WR coach.

That puts an end to all the "were we or weren't we waiting to interview a playoff coach" talk.

They were waiting for Dabolls contract to end so they could interview him and THAT IS IT.

Interviewing Zorn and Saunders was strictly a formality.

Fool me once...

Titty Meat 02-08-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8359187)
So, that sounds like Sirianni will be our new WR coach.

That puts an end to all the "were we or weren't we waiting to interview a playoff coach" talk.

They were waiting for Dabolls contract to end so they could interview him and THAT IS IT.

Interviewing Zorn and Saunders was strictly a formality.

Fool me once...

Surprised he wouldn't follow Haley to Pittsburgh....

O.city 02-08-2012 03:57 PM

Just saw a think on ESPN about Manning and where he could end next year, and the odds of teams that can acquire him winning a SB.

The Chiefs go from 50 to 1 to 16 to 1.

Here is the article.

On Monday, when I checked in with Jay Kornegay, who runs the book at the Las Vegas Hotel (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton), I was shocked. Where Peyton Manning might end up if and when he's released by the Colts isn't reflected in next year's posted Super Bowl odds. "We haven't moved anything … yet," he emailed.

That means no little bump for the Washington Redskins, or a nudge for the Miami Dolphins. Nothing. The action may be light seven months before kickoff, but I figured even the scent of rumors regarding where Manning might land could move some lines in the same way the hint of mad cow disease affects grain futures. The Redskins are currently 100-1, based on posted 20 percent odds they get Manning; couldn't that dip closer to 70-1 on rumors alone? So far: no. Books just won't budge on futures without something solid. Not yet, at least.

But this is good news for you. Manning might be the single greatest potential odds-shifting free agent in the league's history. He's the ultimate value prop, to the point where an equal play on every suitor might make sense. R.J. Bell of Pregame.com checked around with some sharps and told me Brett Favre signing with Minnesota may have pushed the Vikings' SB odds from about 30-1 to 15-1 -- and that was Favre coming off a pretty bad one-year run with the Jets. (And those Vikes were an INT from the Super Bowl.) Indy's poor performance this season is a testament to Manning's value.

So let's consider the futures field now and how dramatically Peyton could shift the odds and make any of these teams a good value prop bet. These go in order of teams that would be impacted the most. Simulations courtesy of AccuScore; odds via the LVH. Updated odds? Those are all me.

Arizona Cardinals | Current 2013 SB odds: 50-1 | Win projection: 7.0

Kevin Kolb has a $10 million cap number next season. Larry Fitzgerald is at a hair over $20 million. Bottom line: Arizona would have to creatively shoehorn, or perhaps reshuffle, the compensation for Fitz. But Manning makes Arizona the favorite in the NFC West by any projection you can find.

Win jump with Manning: 10.7 (plus-3.7) | Updated odds: 14-1

Washington Redskins | 2013 SB odds: 100-1 | Win projection: 4.6

If that win projection depresses you, Skins fans, remember that it's with your current QB situation, The BeckRex Effect, which isn't even a good band name. The fit for Peyton makes a lot of sense, and he would look great in the system (think Houston's), but the presence of Eli Manning in the same division could lessen the appeal. That said, the Skins could be the most aggressive financially. As a value prop, it's a 4-to-1 jump in odds alone.

Win jump: 8.1 (plus-3.5) | Updated odds: 25-1

Miami Dolphins | 2013 SB odds: 50-1 | Win projection: 7.4

Manning makes a lot of sense in Miami, diminished only by the fact that so does Matt Flynn, given Joe Philbin's presence. Miami has improved their blocking, can run the ball, and also have a nice trio of targets in the passing game, all nice draws. The win jump projection is significant and makes the unlucky Dolphins of this past season virtual playoff locks next season. Want a 15-1 team at 50-1?

Win jump: 10.5 (plus-3.1) | Updated odds: 15-1

New York Jets | 2013 SB odds: 20-1 | Win projection: 7.7

Odds he lands here? Small. That said, it'll remain interesting as long as Tom Moore's on the payroll -- Manning has never had another offensive coordinator as an NFL quarterback. Considering the Jets were the 29th most efficient passing game in 2011, if Manning wanted to come there, it'd be something to consider. And remember, it wouldn't be the first time general manager Mike Tannenbaum made this kind of move.

Win jump: 10.2 (plus-2.5) | Updated odds: 9-1

Cleveland Browns | 2013 SB odds: 100-1 | Win projection: 5.3

From what we hear, the Browns are more likely to have Robert Griffin III taking snaps than Manning next season, but they're included because of the QB questions. The win jump is only this low because of the rough AFC North schedule. Remember that new offensive coordinator Brad Childress has been down this road before with Favre -- more than once, in fact.

Win jump: 7.8 (plus-2.5) | Updated odds: 35-1

Seattle Seahawks | 2013 SB odds: 60-1 | Win projection: 7.3

The Vikings once went after Favre to avoid a season of Tarvaris Jackson. They went 12-4. Seattle is a well-constructed team, save for the large question mark behind center.

Win jump: 9.7 (plus-2.4) | Updated odds: 18-1

San Francisco 49ers | 2013 SB odds: 20-1 | Win projection: 9.6

Hold on, 49ers fans. Before you gripe about the current win projection total, please know that every model in the world (even the human model) sees regression for San Fran unless it improves as a team, because its plus-28 turnover margin was not only historically good, but will be impossible to repeat. Of the six teams that were at or better than that margin in history, none improved their win totals in the next season. No way around it: Manning makes San Francisco better and is just as much a bridge to your QB of the future as the incumbent is.

Win jump: 11.5 (plus-1.9) | Updated odds: 8-1

Kansas City Chiefs | 2013 SB odds: 50-1 | Win projection: 6.8

In some ways, K.C. quietly makes a lot of sense. Matt Cassel's cap hit is down to a hair over $5 million for next season, so the Chiefs have the capability to be aggressive, and they're in a division that is up for grabs. They should be improved in terms of personnel, getting three of their best players back from injury. Certainly a good value prop if the SB odds are still at 50-1 an hour before Manning signs.

Win jump: 8.5 (plus-1.8) | Updated odds: 16-1

Okie_Apparition 02-08-2012 03:59 PM

Haley & Pendergast weren't part of the New England graft
Gailey wan't either, but he didn't make the season
Daboll is a NE graft for the tree for the special Patriot Way fruit

BossChief 02-08-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8359138)
We don't owe Haley $3it. He was not only a d!ck but a loser. He was a terrible HC with a terrible record.

They should ask for their money back. Hell, we should too.

And I don't care if they deny Zorn a lateral move. **** that, Zorn is already a QB coach. We aren't taking food off his table.

Now, we deny him an opportunity to become HC or OC and I'd think that was shady...

They hired Haley knowing full well he was a dick. He had blowups everywhere he has been.

There are reports they wanted to fire him after the 2010 season, so the record had little to do with it.

IMO Haley told Pioli he was done with Cassel after the playoff game and from that point forward, Scott wanted him gone and was willing to do whatever it took to move on from him to Josh McDaniels so his move to trade for Cassel could look less foolish. they OBVIOUSLY wanted Josh McDaniels in KC.

I totally agree they shouldn't let ANYONE interview for a lateral move. Other teams prevented position coaches to interview for coordinator spots, too...not just vetoed lateral moves.

The rules changed for a reason (you used to be able to force teams to let you interview position coaches for coordinator spots prior to this year), I have no problem whatsoever with the team trying to keep its staff together by enforcing the rules.

Okie_Apparition 02-08-2012 04:03 PM

If AJ Smith wasn't good enough for Eli so he headed to cold weather NY
Miami is a disaster of less stable footing than San Diegeo

O.city 02-08-2012 04:07 PM

I just don't see how Manning makes the JEts better than he makes us. The 9ers I get, kinda.

InChiefsHeaven 02-08-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

On Monday, when I checked in with Jay Kornegay, who runs the book at the Las Vegas Hotel (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton), I was shocked. Where Peyton Manning might end up if and when he's released by the Colts isn't reflected in next year's posted Super Bowl odds. "We haven't moved anything … yet," he emailed.
Rather unfortunate moniker. Any way, carry on...

beach tribe 02-08-2012 04:11 PM

Vince Young couldn't beat Cassel out in camp.
He's complete garbage in any kind of NFL offense.
VY and Tebow look nothing alike but they're the same guy in my mind.
Decent game here and there, and they pull miracles out of their asses every now and then, but that's about it.

Here comes: "Denver wons teh PO game."
"We haven't won one since Pulp Fiction"
BFD

Titty Meat 02-08-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8359240)
Vince Young couldn't beat Cassel out in camp.
He's complete garbage in any kind of NFL offense.
VY and Tebow look nothing alike but they're the same guy in my mind.
Decent game here and there, and they pull miracles out of their asses every now and then, but that's about it.

Here comes: "Denver wons teh PO game."
"We haven't won one since Pulp Fiction"
BFD

This.

O.city 02-08-2012 04:14 PM

I think we are down to Manning or ORton.

BossChief 02-08-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8359250)
I think we are down to Manning or ORton.

Manning would likely be a Clark Hunt signing and I doubt very highly that Pioli is gonna sign Orton.

I would be happy if he did, but I dont see him signing a guy that can beat out his goon QB.

"it takes two to tango" will be the excuse.

I really hope these guys straighten up this ship because I cant stand much more of this crap.

Okie_Apparition 02-08-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 8359218)
If AJ Smith wasn't good enough for Eli so he headed to cold weather NY
Miami is a disaster of less stable footing than San Diegeo

While the Dolphins ownership is a mess
Celebrities are part of that ownership group & may appeal to the attention whore in Peyton

Pasta Little Brioni 02-08-2012 04:33 PM

Just looked and Miami scored 24.6 points a game the last 9 games.

Chiefs can do some damage next year if they hit that.