ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

mcaj22 01-18-2013 12:11 AM

its actually a really ugly and poorly played game lol

RustShack 01-18-2013 12:14 AM

Not saying I think it will happen, but whispers are starting to grow of LeBron James heading back to Cleveland in 2014. One NBA GM even said him going back has been one of the worst kept secrets in the NBA. He grew up in the area and thats were all of his family is... Cavs have been stockpiling picks/money and neglecting his position. We've had our shot at guys like Harrison Barnes, and took guys like Dion Waiters instead... I think drafting a C at the top of this draft is icing on the cake that Cleveland will be all in trying to bring LeBron back.

I know a of the fans say they hate him and don't want him back.... but I'm sure their tunes would change fast it if happened.

Real Longshot, but Irving-Waiters-James-Thompson-Noel... yeah I'll take it. We still have like six or so first round picks in the next three years too... and a shit ton of cap space.

GoChargers 01-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9319844)
as a lifetime Wiz fan let me just say its great to have John back because it has been a painful first half of the season, but we have our GM to thank for that, who is the Scooter ***** of the NBA, actually worse.

I'm glad to see him back too, Wizards fans have suffered enough. Just hope he has a bad game against my Clippers this weekend. :)

okcchief 01-19-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9329961)
Not saying I think it will happen, but whispers are starting to grow of LeBron James heading back to Cleveland in 2014. One NBA GM even said him going back has been one of the worst kept secrets in the NBA. He grew up in the area and thats were all of his family is... Cavs have been stockpiling picks/money and neglecting his position. We've had our shot at guys like Harrison Barnes, and took guys like Dion Waiters instead... I think drafting a C at the top of this draft is icing on the cake that Cleveland will be all in trying to bring LeBron back.

I know a of the fans say they hate him and don't want him back.... but I'm sure their tunes would change fast it if happened.

Real Longshot, but Irving-Waiters-James-Thompson-Noel... yeah I'll take it. We still have like six or so first round picks in the next three years too... and a shit ton of cap space.

It wouldn't surprise me if he considered it then, but I would hope he and the Cavs aren't looking that far ahead. LeBron has a chance to win a couple of titles first. I know he's not thinking about 2 years down the road yet. Cleveland shouldn't be planning around a player that already left them empty handed. The fit probably makes sense because LeBron is from there and could wipe away all of the bad mojo by winning a title, but there's time to worry about that later.

IMO it's nonsense to think they passed on Harrison Barnes this last draft because they are planning on signing a player in 2 years. I don't know who comes up with that kind of bullshit.

tk13 01-21-2013 11:27 PM

Lakers reached the halfway point of the season tonight, 17-24. Not looking good. Still only about 4 games out of a playoff spot though.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-22-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9319987)
33 from Dion Waiters. Can't saint until him and Irving get a big man to help them out!

10 wins is pathetic. Irving might be Steve Francis

RustShack 01-22-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides. (Post 9340672)
10 wins is pathetic. Irving might be Steve Francis

Irving and Waiters WILL be good. They are just young, and need help. Its hard to be good in the NBA when you just have two good(young) guards. They need a big man.

Pitt Gorilla 01-22-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9340677)
Irving and Waiters WILL be good. They are just young, and need help. Its hard to be good in the NBA when you just have two good(young) guards. They need a big man.

Russ and KD say hey.

mcaj22 01-22-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9340679)
Russ and KD say hey.

KD has like a 11 foot wingspan he is far from a guard

there is no good team in the NBA winning with just two good 1 and 2 guard play

RustShack 01-22-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9340679)
Russ and KD say hey.

Thats exactly what I'm saying... Irving needs his KD, or Griffen.

RustShack 01-22-2013 12:46 AM

I read a tweet the other day saying Irving was also the 6th youngest to reach a point total(don't remember the number)... but he was obviously in good company.

AdumbGuy 01-22-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9340635)
Lakers reached the halfway point of the season tonight, 17-24. Not looking good. Still only about 4 games out of a playoff spot though.

Even if they make it, there's virtually no chance they're making it out of the first. I can't imagine they don't make any trades this year.

Kobe and Nash might just be the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the league (note, some hyperbole might be present in this statement. Only some, though).

okcchief 01-22-2013 08:30 AM

The Lakers either have to change their system or trade Gasol or Howard for some shooters. That would make them better, but they won't be winning a title regardless. Hiring D'Antoni was a HUGE **** up.

GoChargers 01-22-2013 10:29 AM

Tough loss to the Warriors yesterday. The Dubs are an incredibly hot-shooting team when they're on. If David Lee and Mark Jackson weren't such bitches and Curry didn't insist on celebrating every made basket like he just won the Finals, they'd be likeable too.

Big game coming up against the Thunder - need a big game from CP3 to counteract the inevitable 20 free throws Durant will get from being breathed on or looked at.

As for the Lakers, they suck... and it isn't on the coach, nor is it on Laker fans' favorite scapegoat Pau Gasol. The blame goes to Mitch Kupchak for building an imbalanced roster of big-name players with no bench, and Kobe for being a ballhogging, team-killing petulant child. The biggest problem for the Lakers is that the league is changing. They're still relying on bigs in the post, but the league nowadays is perimeter-oriented with a focus on speed, depth, chemistry, and athleticism, which the Lakers lack in spades.

RustShack 01-22-2013 07:03 PM

Lakers want Gibson from Cleveland. In other news, Cleveland lands ANOTHER first round pick today.

KC native 01-22-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9340891)
The Lakers either have to change their system or trade Gasol or Howard for some shooters. That would make them better, but they won't be winning a title regardless. Hiring D'Antoni was a HUGE **** up.

No. They need to keep everything the same as long as possible.

As a Spurs fan, I'm loving their year.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9340721)
Even if they make it, there's virtually no chance they're making it out of the first. I can't imagine they don't make any trades this year.

Kobe and Nash might just be the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the league (note, some hyperbole might be present in this statement. Only some, though).

This is just silly.

Virtually no chance?

When you have really good talent, you always have a chance. Is it likely in January, no, it's not.

Kobe is a great on the ball defender. Nash stinks, but there are at least 5 backcourts in the NBA right now that are worse defensively.

RustShack 01-22-2013 07:17 PM

Cavs were supposed to get Lakers pick this year, but if they keep suckin it might be next year instead. Damn high pick protection rules.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9342601)
Cavs were supposed to get Lakers pick this year, but if they keep suckin it might be next year instead. Damn high pick protection rules.

No, that's wrong. The Cavs get the right to swap picks with the Lakers. That would mean the Cavs would basically have to finish higher than the Lakers for this to happen.

If that doesn't happen, the Lakers will send their pick that's not protected to Phoenix for Nash.

okcchief 01-22-2013 07:20 PM

The Lakers are only 4 games out of the playoffs. They can make the playoffs because the teams at the bottom of the West are sketchy. I don't see any scenario where they make it past the 1st round though.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9342614)
The Lakers are only 4 games out of the playoffs. They can make the playoffs because the teams at the bottom of the West are sketchy. I don't see any scenario where they make it past the 1st round though.

Me neither.

They have to really evaluate Howard in the next 2 weeks. Talk to him see if he's legitimately going to test FA and go visit other places. If he is, put him on the market.

The D'Antoni hiring might have been worse than Mike Brown. No way the Lakers are paying 2 coaches combined 8 million next year and then going out and getting someone else.

They are stuck with that loser who can't adapt his schemes.

**** Jim Buss.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9342560)
Lakers want Gibson from Cleveland. In other news, Cleveland lands ANOTHER first round pick today.

The Cavs pulled highway robbery today. They gave up a guy they never play and in exchange got quality depth, a developmental guy, AND a first round pick. Unbelievable.

Damn, man. The team is so damn close yet so far away. They are going to have an absolutely monsterous offseason next year. Think next year they are in the hunt.

okcchief 01-22-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9342626)
Me neither.

They have to really evaluate Howard in the next 2 weeks. Talk to him see if he's legitimately going to test FA and go visit other places. If he is, put him on the market.

The D'Antoni hiring might have been worse than Mike Brown. No way the Lakers are paying 2 coaches combined 8 million next year and then going out and getting someone else.

**** Jim Buss.

Yeah, they are stuck now. I definitely think they would have been better off sticking with Brown over this. When they made the move I saw no other option than Phil, and as an opposing fan that scared the shit out of me. Buss' ego definitely got in the way.

I agree, if Howard won't commit in the next 2 weeks then move him and get something. You aren't winning a title with him this year anyway.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9342688)
Yeah, they are stuck now. I definitely think they would have been better off sticking with Brown over this. When they made the move I saw no other option than Phil, and as an opposing fan that scared the shit out of me. Buss' ego definitely got in the way.

I agree, if Howard won't commit in the next 2 weeks then move him and get something. You aren't winning a title with him this year anyway.

There's a whole bunch of BS rumors out there about Kevin Love and what not.

The Lakers can pay him more than anyone, but Howard is weird enough to leave that all on the table.

People will point fingers at Kobe over this, but there's no way this is Kobe's fault. Howard is just a weird, weird person that needs to have his ass kissed constantly.

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 07:46 PM

The Lakers would still be a scary team to face in the playoffs. Kobe can still be a pain.

RustShack 01-22-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9342612)
No, that's wrong. The Cavs get the right to swap picks with the Lakers. That would mean the Cavs would basically have to finish higher than the Lakers for this to happen.

If that doesn't happen, the Lakers will send their pick that's not protected to Phoenix for Nash.

But we can still switch our Heat pick with them, which could be like a 8 pick jump unless they finish bad enough where its protected.

RustShack 01-22-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9342675)
The Cavs pulled highway robbery today. They gave up a guy they never play and in exchange got quality depth, a developmental guy, AND a first round pick. Unbelievable.

Damn, man. The team is so damn close yet so far away. They are going to have an absolutely monsterous offseason next year. Think next year they are in the hunt.

They just need to find an All-Star forward... and a little more depth. Maybe draft someone like Noel to develop at Center. They are real close to being good.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9340686)
Thats exactly what I'm saying... Irving needs his KD, or Griffen.

Kyrie is a superstar who is today surrounded by a young streaky shooting guard (who will become more consistent over time), a rapidly ascending power forward... and then several role players who will one day make quality bench depth, plus a bunch of players who are absolute garbage. There are few players good enough to play with that kind of a crappy supporting cast.

The Cavs have the draft and a shitload of money to bring in a Center and a Small Forward. Let's assume that's Noel and Josh Smith (or maybe you pick up Jefferson and draft a small forward). Suddenly, you have Kyrie - Waiters - Josh Smith - Tristan - Noel and at backup you now have Gee, Zeller, Ellington, and Speights (all guys who can play real quality depth minutes). Oh... and the Cavs also will have 4 extra picks (2 late first rounders and 2 second rounders) plus a buttload of extra cash.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9342675)

It's a future first round pick, more like sometime in 2015-2019. They basically had to make this trade because Varejao is out for the rest of the season.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9342797)
They just need to find an All-Star forward... and a little more depth. Maybe draft someone like Noel to develop at Center. They are real close to being good.

Yeah, Center is going to be really deep. You've got Noel, Zeller, and Len in the draft. You've got Al Jefferson in free agency. Maybe they can still land Bynum.

You're right. They really need another playmaker. But again, they have a great first round pick, they have plenty of extra picks, a ton of money to spend, and a ton of picks to orchestrate some kind of a trade.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9342626)
Me neither.

**** Jim Buss.

In all honestly the Lakers were playing better with Bickerstaff as the coach. They should have just kept him and not bring in D'Antoni if they couldn't get Phil.

RustShack 01-22-2013 08:15 PM

Josh Smith and Noel this year would be pretty awesome. Well unless LBJ is really thinking about coming back the next year. But Noel is probably a good fir either way. I'd love to draft a SF this year, but there really isn't one.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:16 PM

The next couple of weeks is important for the Celtics roster if they can't get things turned around they are going to have to make a major move. I just hope they don't trade Rondo because I got tickets to see the Celtics and OKC in March.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9342890)
Josh Smith and Noel this year would be pretty awesome. Well unless LBJ is really thinking about coming back the next year. But Noel is probably a good fir either way. I'd love to draft a SF this year, but there really isn't one.

Yup. There are some really good SFs in the draft, but they're all your Kidd-Gilchrist types. Scrappy guys who won't add much on the offensive end. Not a guy the Cavs would look for. Actually... they kind of already have that in Gee. Apart from Josh Smith, I don't know that there's any real market for SFs this offseason.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9342874)
In all honestly the Lakers were playing better with Bickerstaff as the coach. They should have just kept him and not bring in D'Antoni if they couldn't get Phil.

Yes, I would agree. But at the time, it was tough to sell that.

They should have just ridden out the year with BB and then examined options next year.

I just don't know why Jerry Buss wants his waste of life son running this team.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:23 PM

**** Cavs are going to beat the Celtics...

Make that 4 losses in a row

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:36 PM

the Lakers will not be fixed until they either get rid of Nash or Kobe. It isn't Dwight. Those two play conflicting styles and it makes no sense.

The quicker people realize this the better...I don't know what else to tell all of you Kansas City Chiefs/LA Lakers fans (WTF haha)

RustShack 01-22-2013 08:38 PM

Lakers are the new Eagles. Too much star power that doesn't mesh.

-King- 01-22-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9342967)
the Lakers will not be fixed until they either get rid of Nash or Kobe. It isn't Dwight. Those two play conflicting styles and it makes no sense.

The quicker people realize this the better...I don't know what else to tell all of you Kansas City Chiefs/LA Lakers fans (WTF haha)

What the **** don't you understand about allowing 101 points per game don't you understand? It has nothing to do with the offense or styles.

I don't really get why you don't seem to understand it. The Lakers are 5th in points per game. But they're 26th in points allowed. It all has to do with the Mike D'Antoni _efensive system.

-King- 01-22-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9342911)

They should have just ridden out the year with BB and then examined options next year.

It's the basketball version of the Polians. Jim consistently proves he has no ****ing idea what he's doing.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9342911)

you are probably right.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9342967)

Kobe isn't going anywhere due to his no-trade clause

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9342988)
What the **** don't you understand about allowing 101 points per game don't you understand? It has nothing to do with the offense or styles.

I don't really get why you don't seem to understand it. The Lakers are 5th in points per game. But they're 26th in points allowed. It all has to do with the Mike D'Antoni _efensive system.

doesn't matter

that team will never have chemistry with Kobe and Nash on the floor at the same time

Kobe needs the ball, so does Nash

makes no sense...when that signing happened I laughed my ass off, got yelled at on Facebook, and predicted they'd be a disaster this year

so either I made a really lucky prediction or I'm smarter than I look

either way I don't care

there is a reason why MJ never had a PG...and isn't Kobe trying to be MJ? Why the **** is Steve Nash on a Kobe Bryant team?

The Lakers would be better off with JUST Kobe or Nash and Ray Allen. Kobe and Nash? No. Will. Never. Work.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:46 PM

then they should cut ties with Nash and try and get $0.75 on the $1 for Howard and figure out how to compliment Kobe rather than implement a new system which renders him pointless...

no he's just a glorified Joe Johnson in the D'Antoni system...makes no sense

that team would be pretty good with Nash and Howard, a Ray Allen and a slasher

instead Kobe and Nash directly conflict the entire offense

I watched the other day and I felt like there was 10 straight possessions where I didn't even see Kobe touch the ball

like that'll ever work

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 08:48 PM

If you don't think Dwight Howard is a current problem with the Lakers, then you aren't watching their games.

Why would they cut Nash when he's about the only one this system is really suited for?

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9343032)
If you don't think Dwight Howard is a current problem with the Lakers, then you aren't watching their games.

Why would they cut Nash when he's about the only one this system is really suited for?

exactly

notice how I didn't give you a scenario in which I think they'd be good with Kobe on the team?

I am a known Kobe hater. I think he's overrated and the most overrated considered closer to ever lace up tennis shoes.

However he's a damn good player and could be a damn good player on the right team with the right supporting cast. Trade him to Boston for Paul Pierce.

This team? As soon as they signed Steve Nash it made no sense. The only way Kobe would work is if he started shooting 40% from 3 and totally took a backseat and just became a spot up shooter. That's not his game.

It was a ****ing reeruned signing. They should have traded for Howard like they did...AND GOT PHIL JACKSON.

That was the only way this team was going to work. Phil could have reached Howard.

and Phil never would have been dumb enough to let them sign Steve Nash unless Steve Nash decided he wanted to be the new Steve Kerr and not be a PG anymore (which is plausible since Nash is every bit the shooter Kerr was)

RustShack 01-22-2013 08:55 PM

Its kind of similar to Linnsanity last year. They got worse when Melo came back from injury.. when you would think they would get better adding a star player to a team thats playing very well.

The Bad Guy 01-22-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9343042)
exactly

notice how I didn't give you a scenario in which I think they'd be good with Kobe on the team?

I am a known Kobe hater. I think he's overrated and the most overrated considered closer to ever lace up tennis shoes.

However he's a damn good player and could be a damn good player on the right team with the right supporting cast. Trade him to Boston for Paul Pierce.

This team? As soon as they signed Steve Nash it made no sense. The only way Kobe would work is if he started shooting 40% from 3 and totally took a backseat and just became a spot up shooter. That's not his game.

It was a ****ing reeruned signing. They should have traded for Howard like they did...AND GOT PHIL JACKSON.

That was the only way this team was going to work. Phil could have reached Howard.

and Phil never would have been dumb enough to let them sign Steve Nash unless Steve Nash decided he wanted to be the new Steve Kerr and not be a PG anymore (which is plausible since Nash is every bit the shooter Kerr was)

I'll agree about Phil. The coaching situation is by far the biggest problem.

D'Antoni isn't a coach players embrace. That's what the Lakers needed.

I think the adjustment is that Kobe has never really played with a really good PG besides Van Exel and he was only there for Kobe's first 2 years.

As for Howard, he's either going to have to change how he handles situations, or he has to be gone.

If the Lakers could get Kevin Love for him, do it if he can't give Kupchak a verbal commitment. I don't give a shit about the 6-8 week timetable for him to heal.

The whole Gasol situation is another disaster.

Hootie 01-22-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343054)
Its kind of similar to Linnsanity last year. They got worse when Melo came back from injury.. when you would think they would get better adding a star player to a team thats playing very well.

too many starts on one team never works

it was why the Trail Blazers teams of the early decade always fizzled out

or the Lakers team with Kobe, Shaq, Payton and Malone (albeit old) failed at the end

just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it's going to work

Pippen/Drexler, Barkley, Olujawon is another example.

I mean, LeBron and Wade work because LeBron is the best player on the planet and is also the most unselfish player on the planet. Of course, they didn't win until everyone got the **** out of his way and it was clear it was his team, but still.

-King- 01-22-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9343032)

Howard is a problem. But coaching is a FAR bigger problem. This same team with Phil would be contending.

RustShack 01-22-2013 09:05 PM

The Cavaliers were able to look a hell of a lot better under Mike Brown than the Lakers were able to. A hell of a lot better.. and with less.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9343023)
then they should cut ties with Nash and try and get $0.75 on the $1 for Howard and figure out how to compliment Kobe rather than implement a new system which renders him pointless...

no he's just a glorified Joe Johnson in the D'Antoni system...makes no sense

that team would be pretty good with Nash and Howard, a Ray Allen and a slasher

instead Kobe and Nash directly conflict the entire offense

I watched the other day and I felt like there was 10 straight possessions where I didn't even see Kobe touch the ball

like that'll ever work

I don't think you are to far off. Kobe has to have the ball in his hands and needs to take a million shots. Unfortunately for the Lakers that leaves very few shots for Howard and Gasol.

okcchief 01-22-2013 09:24 PM

Howard for Love can only happen if its a 3 way deal because Howard's not signing in Minnesota. Minnesota isn't parting with Love for a rent a player. Because Howard is such a fickle bitch he is going to be hard to move for value.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 09:27 PM

best game of the night maybe the week coming up next on NBATV...Clippers vs OKC.

Should be fun

okcchief 01-22-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9343173)
best game of the night maybe the week coming up next on NBATV...Clippers vs OKC.

Should be fun

OKC never plays good against the Clippers at Staples. Even when the Clippers sucked. I'd like to see them buck that trend tonight.

okcchief 01-22-2013 09:33 PM

I guess Paul is out. Didn't he come back yesterday?

dirk digler 01-22-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9343184)
I guess Paul is out. Didn't he come back yesterday?

I just heard that as well. I guess he might have re-aggravated his injury,

okcchief 01-22-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9343200)
I just heard that as well. I guess he might have re-aggravated his injury,

It will still be a good game. Bledsoe is a very nice player.

dirk digler 01-22-2013 09:46 PM

that was quick Perk

-King- 01-22-2013 09:46 PM

Ok...why do I suddenly have NBAtv?

dirk digler 01-22-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9343217)
Ok...why do I suddenly have NBAtv?

Do you have DTV? If so all week is free NBA League Pass

-King- 01-22-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9343222)

Oh. PBJ

RustShack 01-22-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9343222)

Yeah, I found out about that during the second quarter of the Cleveland game. When does it expire? Hopefully I get to watch at least one more!

okcchief 01-22-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343271)
Yeah, I found out about that during the second quarter of the Cleveland game. When does it expire? Hopefully I get to watch at least one more!

Thru the 27th

dirk digler 01-22-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343271)

Sunday night at midnight.

They must have had a hard time getting subscribers this year this is the 3rd week they have done a free week

okcchief 01-22-2013 10:13 PM

KD has been really off on his shot so far this road trip.

RustShack 01-22-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9343284)
Sunday night at midnight.

They must have had a hard time getting subscribers this year this is the 3rd week they have done a free week

Well lets start posting in here when they have it! I knew they had one to start the season... there was another time I thought I seen a commercial for it, but when I went to the game the next day it wasn't there.

okcchief 01-22-2013 10:27 PM

I was thinking the second free week was after the All Star break, but I guess it's MLK week. I didn't realize it was on until tonight.

Ceej 01-22-2013 10:30 PM

IN THE FAAAAACE!

dirk digler 01-22-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9343300)
Well lets start posting in here when they have it! I knew they had one to start the season... there was another time I thought I seen a commercial for it, but when I went to the game the next day it wasn't there.

Seems like it was late November or early December can't really remember. Not complaining though.

Here is a list of the games this week. There is some games on Sunday on ABC in place of football, I think Celtics vs Heat is one game.

<table id="nbaLPSchedGrid" class="striped" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Atlanta at Charlotte</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Toronto at Miami</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Detroit at Chicago</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">L.A. Lakers at Memphis</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Brooklyn at Minnesota</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">New Orleans at San Antonio</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Washington at Utah</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">9:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Phoenix at Sacramento</td><td class="nbaCol2">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4">10:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1 last">Indiana at Portland</td><td class="nbaCol2 last">Wednesday</td><td class="nbaCol3 last">Jan 23</td><td class="nbaCol4 last">10:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5 last">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1 last">Toronto at Orlando</td><td class="nbaCol2 last">Thursday</td><td class="nbaCol3 last">Jan 24</td><td class="nbaCol4 last">7:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5 last">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Minnesota at Washington</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Milwaukee at Cleveland</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Detroit at Miami</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Boston at Atlanta</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Golden State at Chicago</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Brooklyn at Memphis</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Houston at New Orleans</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Oklahoma City at Sacramento</td><td class="nbaCol2">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4">10:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1 last">Utah at L.A. Lakers</td><td class="nbaCol2 last">Friday</td><td class="nbaCol3 last">Jan 25</td><td class="nbaCol4 last">10:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5 last">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Cleveland at Toronto</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">New York at Philadelphia</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Minnesota at Charlotte</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">7:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Brooklyn at Houston</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Golden State at Milwaukee</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Phoenix at San Antonio</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">8:30 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1">Sacramento at Denver</td><td class="nbaCol2">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4">9:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5">Preview</td></tr><tr><td class="nbaCol1 last">L.A. Clippers at Portland</td><td class="nbaCol2 last">Saturday</td><td class="nbaCol3 last">Jan 26</td><td class="nbaCol4 last">10:00 PM</td><td class="nbaCol5 last">Preview</td></tr></tbody></table>

RustShack 01-22-2013 10:37 PM

Sweet two more games!

dirk digler 01-22-2013 11:34 PM

Durant is just killing them

Another 3.. 5/6 from 3

okcchief 01-22-2013 11:36 PM

KD found his stroke.

These teams are really close when the Clippers are full strength though. If they meet in May it will be a hell of a series.

AdumbGuy 01-23-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9343042)
exactly

Well put. The only benefit to Nash is that they now have a fantastic trade chip. Personally, I think Nash is also massively overrated, but I bet some GM will give up an all star caliber guy for him.

As a kobe hater as well, I'm loving the laker struggles, but very annoyed that nobody other than Robert Horry is willing to acknowledge that Kobe is playing some terrible, terrible defense, while also somehow jacking up 30 shots a game, despite having three all star caliber guys on the team.

-King- 01-23-2013 09:19 PM

Lakers 17-25 now.

okcchief 01-24-2013 12:00 AM

Another nice win for the Warriors. They executed in crunch time while OKC didn't.

KC_Connection 01-24-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Somehow, the Los Angeles Lakers doubled down on the washed-up, banner-less legacy of the Phoenix Suns, and yet somehow they still wonder how everything could've unraveled this way. Mike D'Antoni was never the return of Showtime, but merely a mirage that came out of the desert and ultimately will blow out of Los Angeles like tumbleweed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--fo...094336411.html

Such an awful hiring especially when you consider Phil Jackson was actually willing to come back. What a cluster**** the Lakers organization is right now.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 07:59 AM

We are not even to the All-Star break and the Lakers are imploding. Honestly I thought they would end up like the Heat and make this all work but it looks like that ain't going to happen.

Quote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...d-howard-clash
In an attempt to get out of their funk, which you may recognize better as "their entire season," the Lakers held a team meeting on Wednesday to try and "clear the air," ESPN reports. It didn't go well. In particular, there is a strong and significant conflict between Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.

I know. You're shocked. Me too. From ESPN:
Several players spoke up, including Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant, the 17-year veterans who make up the Lakers' backcourt. Bryant asked Dwight Howard if he was bothered by playing alongside him, according to the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the meeting.
"I hope it is (a positive thing)," D'Antoni told reporters before the game. "That's the purpose of just trying to move forward, and hopefully it is. We'll see. We're in a rut right now, so the time to stand up, draw a line in the sand would be now."
Bryant acknowledged he could be "hard to play with," according to the Times, and challenged Howard to speak up if he had a problem with it.
Howard was "despondent" and did not offer much of a reply to Bryant, according to a team source.
So a five-time NBA champion, former MVP and the second-greatest shooting guard and Laker of all time challenges you to stand up and voice your opinion... and you don't say much.

There's a growing sentiment in media circles and slowly leaking out the sides of the Lakers organization that the problem with chemistry, the problem with attitude, the problem with effort is Howard. For all of Pau Gasol's struggles, at least Gasol has been asked to repeatedly adjust to things that aren't what he asked for. Howard asked for this. He wanted out of Orlando, and wanted onto a superteam in a big market.

He got it. And all the responsibility that comes with it.

The report also states that recently Howard was complaining on the bench about his shots, a teammate brought Bryant over, and Howard wouldn't admit his complaints to Bryant.

Which does not paint Howard in a very good light.

The Lakers went on to get stomped by the Grizzlies Wednesday night, 106-93. They are eight games under .500.

And the water keeps rising.
<footer>
</footer>

Sassy Squatch 01-24-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9346714)
We are not even to the All-Star break and the Lakers are imploding. Honestly I thought they would end up like the Heat and make this all work but it looks like that ain't going to happen.

</footer>

Aww. Poor Dwight Howard.

dirk digler 01-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9346761)
Aww. Poor Dwight Howard.

Howard is the new #1 villian in the NBA. I honestly dislike this guy.