ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340166)

jettio 11-12-2021 05:42 PM

Gruden could do a podcast where he does not talk about football and just complains about political shit the whole time.

ChiliConCarnage 11-12-2021 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15950779)
Pretty sure Dan Snyder hasn’t gone a day without saying or doing something offensive.

I loathe doing it but I gotta give Snyder credit for not having an email address. Makes me think of a drug dealer using a disposable burner phone LMAO

Criminals know how to do crime.

chiefzilla1501 11-12-2021 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15950849)
Nah. **** Goodell and the rest even more. Hopefully Gruden tells them to **** off when they offer a settlement and let it get to discovery.

Keep in mind Snyder dicked over his brother too. So I'm sure he's walking in guns blazing.

GloryDayz 11-12-2021 06:37 PM

Good for Gruden.

FAX 11-12-2021 08:57 PM

Chucky vs. The Man.

We all knew it had to end this way.

Meanwhile, I foresee a movie.

Or, at a minimum, an HBO special and a Netflix series.

FAX

Deberg_1990 11-12-2021 09:03 PM

I wonder how Andy feels about this lawsuit? Torn between his buddy and his suit NFL bosses….

Red Dawg 11-12-2021 09:43 PM

Does Gruden not need a motive for his law suit? Why would the NFL ruin him on purpose? To make him the scape goat in a bigger mess? To send a message? Is that the motive they will use in the court filing?

BleedingRed 11-12-2021 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15951176)
Does Gruden not need a motive for his law suit? Why would the NFL ruin him on purpose? To make him the scape goat in a bigger mess? To send a message? Is that the motive they will use in the court filing?

Goodell,

Grudges man, Gruden hated him

Baby Lee 11-12-2021 10:09 PM

Quote:

Are you asking if a civil suit requires a specific assertion of motive like you hear about in criminal investigations? No, . . . just acts, a requisite level of purpose or knowledge, and damage to the plaintiff.

If you are asking more informally, will Gruden have to prove some negligent or intentional act of the defendant to prevail at trial. Likely, but the form and nature will depend on the complaint alleged, and doesn't have to be proven until said trial.

cabletech94 11-12-2021 10:10 PM

Hard Knocks: The Jon Gruden Chronicles.

meStevo 11-13-2021 02:48 AM

Imo this gets settled relatively quickly, the direction early motions go will decide the number of zeros involved.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Rasputin 11-13-2021 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15950941)
Gruden’s NFL career… coaching and media… is basically over now so he has nothing to lose.

This regardless of a settlement he is going get the Pete Rose treatment.

TEX 11-13-2021 06:50 AM

Quote:

It's personal. Goodell and Gruden do not like each other... And one can sue anyone for any reason...One may not win, but one can do it.

lawrenceRaider 11-13-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15951312)
It's personal. Goodell and Gruden do not like each other... And one can sue anyone for any reason...One may not win, but one can do it.

For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.

crayzkirk 11-13-2021 07:30 AM

All of this really is making the NFL look not so good.

Just another log pulled out of the Jenga stack.

I'm already losing interest in the games; it become more about the betting than the actual game.

Rainbarrel 11-13-2021 07:40 AM

Nice timing Gruden sue crew. Primetime games, Monday night and Thanksgiving against the Cowboys

jd1020 11-13-2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15951280)
This regardless of a settlement he is going get the Pete Rose treatment.

I was all for getting Pete Rose into the HoF because I didn't see how betting on his team to win wronged the game, he served his time and he was starting to get talked about with reinstatement... and then it turned out he was a pedophile too... **** that guy.

Grudens case is a bit different in that he called some people bad names in private emails. Naughty boy!

Those emails werent even sent when he was working in the NFL and the timing of their leaks is highly suspicious. The first one to leak was the Dumboriss Smith one and it turns out he was at that time up for a vote to keep his job. What better way to ensure your votes than by leaking an email that social media and news networks are going to run all over the news claiming he was just racially attacked? He kept his job by 1 vote. So now the NFL is dealing with a coach thats getting blasted all over the news for being a racist and they cant do anything about it because he wasn't an employee at the time, so they're just going to keep leaking emails until the Raiders cave and fire him for them. The investigation was into the Redskins and the only one punished is a dude that had nothing to do with that team and wasn't employed by the NFL at the time. Nothing to see here.

Rasputin 11-13-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951335)
I was all for getting Pete Rose into the HoF because I didn't see how betting on his team to win wronged the game, he served his time and he was starting to get talked about with reinstatement... and then it turned out he was a pedophile too... **** that guy.

Grudens case is a bit different in that he called some people bad names in private emails. Naughty boy!

From my understanding on Pete Rose would bet on his team on Monday and Tuesday but not Wednesday so that the bookies would figure the Reds would lose Wednesday and then he would know what pitchers sat and could bet on Thursday but still make money on losing Wednesday from the bookies. It's kinda like that NBA ref that told the bookies in the MOB what the refs would call fouls in big games and figure out who was going to win. Pete Rose basically manipulated the betting in his favor and there is a big rule in MLB for players not to bet on games.

jd1020 11-13-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasputin (Post 15951352)
From my understanding on Pete Rose would bet on his team on Monday and Tuesday but not Wednesday so that the bookies would figure the Reds would lose Wednesday and then he would know what pitchers sat and could bet on Thursday but still make money on losing Wednesday from the bookies. It's kinda like that NBA ref that told the bookies in the MOB what the refs would call fouls in big games and figure out who was going to win. Pete Rose basically manipulated the betting in his favor and there is a big rule in MLB for players not to bet on games.

The comparison to the NBA ref isn't even remotely the same, imo. If Pete Rose bet on his team to win when he had his best pitchers on the mound thats not fixing anything, thats just smart. The NBA ref working with the mob telling them who is getting fouled is fixing games.

Red Dawg 11-13-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 15951321)
For Gruden's emails to be the only ones leaked from an investigation of millions of emails, it is clearly a hatchet job on the guy who called Goodell a pu#sy.

While I was ready for Gruden to be gone as he had maxed out his ceiling as round 2 Raiders coach, I hope Gruden pulls out all the dirty laundry with his lawsuit.

That's it. Thats the part I forgot. The Goodell pussy remark. Now it makes sense. Roger said **** you bitch ass trick. Call me a pussy and pay the price asshole.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951356)
The comparison to the NBA ref isn't even remotely the same, imo. If Pete Rose bet on his team to win when he had his best pitchers on the mound thats not fixing anything, thats just smart. The NBA ref working with the mob telling them who is getting fouled is fixing games.

Except that he was overthrowing his best pitchers and basically conceding games he didn't bet on by throwing all his junk out there. What he did wasn't smart. It was meant to hide that he was truly gambling on the game. The "Pete rose only bet on his team to win" baloney lots of people bring up is falling right into his trap.

jd1020 11-13-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15951426)
Except that he was overthrowing his best pitchers and basically conceding games he didn't bet on by throwing all his junk out there. What he did wasn't smart. It was meant to hide that he was truly gambling on the game. The "Pete rose only bet on his team to win" baloney lots of people bring up is falling right into his trap.

I guess that puts Rose in the unique position of being the only manager in history to overthrow his best pitchers.

Bwana 11-13-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15950748)
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 506px; height: 345px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29va2llX2V4cGlyYXRpb24iOnsiYnVja2V0IjoxMjA5NjAwLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpud WxsfSwidGZ3X2hvcml6b25fdHdlZXRfZW1iZWRfOTU1NSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJodGUiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3NwY WNlX2NhcmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib2ZmIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false& id=1459253798719954952&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3D newreply%26p%3D15950748&sessionId=e8a5516e17855ac66902f12782861c1fc069051a&theme=light&widgetsVersio n=f001879%3A1634581029404&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1459253798719954952" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good, I hope he wins.
<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.a53eecb4584348a2ad32ec2ae21f6eae.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951430)
I guess that puts Rose in the unique position of being the only manager in history to overthrow his best pitchers.

Um, what? He threw Mario Soto on 3 days rest 19 times a year. That's almost criminal. And he always threw his worst starter in games he didn't bet on and then replaced him with his worst reliever, even when the games were close. Bill gullickson was his go to when he didn't bet on games. He killed Sotos career to make a few extra bucks.

Yeah, that's highly unusual to manage this way. Every game he didnt bet on, it was clear he made the least amount of effort to win. Blatantly. So he can save all his best arms for the games he did bet on.

jd1020 11-13-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15951460)
Um, what? He threw Mario Soto on 3 days rest 19 times a year. That's almost criminal. And he always threw his worst starter in games he didn't bet on and then replaced him with his worst reliever, even when the games were close. Bill gullickson was his go to when he didn't bet on games. He killed Sotos career to make a few extra bucks.

Yeah, that's highly unusual to manage this way. Every game he didnt bet on, it was clear he made the least amount of effort to win. Blatantly. So he can save all his best arms for the games he did bet on.

Quick look at Mario Soto... yup, pitching more innings prior to Pete Rose taking over. Started 33 games in Rose's first year, no more than your typical ace starter today. Pitched 237.1 innings, not even top 10 for a pitcher back then. Didn't even make top 10 in innings pitched the next season when he started 36 games, tied for 9th in games started. Your argument for Pete Rose killing Mario Soto is dumb as ****. He didn't start an abnormal amount of games and his innings weren't even an extreme high for that time.

And you act like there aren't rotations in a pitching staff. Like Rose just decided hes going to lose this game so he's putting his worst pitcher on the mound and its not just his spot in the rotation to start.

Look at this career and tell me all about how Pete Rose criminally detroyed Mario Soto's career. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...lylebe01.shtml

GloryDayz 11-13-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

100% this..

notorious 11-13-2021 11:15 AM

I hope he burns the whole mother****er down.

They will settle to keep things secret, though.

ReynardMuldrake 11-13-2021 11:43 AM

No way this gets to discovery. The league will settle before that happens.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951468)
Quick look at Mario Soto... yup, pitching more innings prior to Pete Rose taking over. Started 33 games in Rose's first year, no more than your typical ace starter today. Pitched 237.1 innings, not even top 10 for a pitcher back then. Didn't even make top 10 in innings pitched the next season when he started 36 games, tied for 9th in games started. Your argument for Pete Rose killing Mario Soto is dumb as ****. He didn't start an abnormal amount of games and his innings weren't even an extreme high for that time.

And you act like there aren't rotations in a pitching staff. Like Rose just decided hes going to lose this game so he's putting his worst pitcher on the mound and its not just his spot in the rotation to start.

Look at this career and tell me all about how Pete Rose criminally detroyed Mario Soto's career. https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...lylebe01.shtml

So your only evidence is statistics? Again, he pitched on 3 days rest 19 times. That includes the second to last game of the season where NOTHING was on the line. The innings you posted do NOT include long stints where sotos arm was so worn out he needed 10 days rest.

And once again, it isnt just about pitching the bottom of your rotation sometimes. It was also using a 10+ ERA bullpen guy every time rose didn't bet on a game. Even when the game was close. That's highly unusual. No manager is going to consistently use your worst relievers in a close game in late innings. There is nothing about Sotos usage that is even remotely normal.

It'd be one thing to roll with what you've got and try. He rolled his team over to die when he wasn't betting on them. And if you don't think there isnt an enormous implication for what signal that sends to the gambling network... How much more blatant can you get that he managed around his gambling strategy.

jd1020 11-13-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15951517)
There is nothing about Sotos usage that is even remotely normal.

There is nothing abnormal about his usage for the time. Do you think a pitcher is tied for 9th in starts and not even top 10 in innings pitched because hes being used more often than anyone else? Soto wasnt even the most used pitcher on the ****ing team, Tom Browning was. Rick Mahler started on 3 days rest 27 times in 1985 if I'm not mistaken.

Stop trying to compare todays game to the mid 80's.

Frazod 11-13-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to remember anything Goddell has ever done that I viewed in a positive light, and coming up with nothing. He's just a giant ****ing douche.

displacedinMN 11-13-2021 03:23 PM

this is going to get ugly-very ugly

jd1020 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15951579)
I'm trying to remember anything Goddell has ever done that I viewed in a positive light, and coming up with nothing. He's just a giant ****ing douche.

He handed Mahomes his first Chiefs gear. That's about all I've got.

Straight, No Chaser 11-13-2021 04:26 PM

My how opinions change... couldn’t imagine this when Chucky directed the bus driver to do laps around Arrowhead last year.

He’a an first class a-hole. I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

Pitt Gorilla 11-13-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 15951451)
Good, I hope he wins.
<iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.a53eecb4584348a2ad32ec2ae21f6eae.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Why?

Red Dawg 11-13-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15951479)
I hope he burns the whole mother****er down.

They will settle to keep things secret, though.

What do you mean? Exposing that rich men in the NFL like girly pics and don't wanna be around gay men? Is this some secret?

stevegroganfan 11-13-2021 06:43 PM

I am glad to hear Gruden has sued since I suspect what Snyder has done is worse especially considering they were done when he owned the Redskins and he hasn't been pressured to sell his team. What Gruden said was private and a former black player backed him up when he said the rubber tire reference was something he said when he thought someone was lying. The comments in question was when he wasn't even working in the NFL. Many NFL/NCAA/high school coaches just like Gruden. If he said things complimentary of a black coach/executive or some halfway in the closet gay player from the past, I don't those comments linked since whoever leaked his emails had a clear agenda.

Red Dawg 11-13-2021 06:52 PM

Good luck to proving who leaked them and the NFL doing so on purpose just because Roger got called a pussy.

NFL is worth how much money? So they torpedo Gruden for what? The emails make them look bad. Why would want to look bad? They were leaked for cure buy not by the league.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15951523)
There is nothing abnormal about his usage for the time. Do you think a pitcher is tied for 9th in starts and not even top 10 in innings pitched because hes being used more often than anyone else? Soto wasnt even the most used pitcher on the ****ing team, Tom Browning was. Rick Mahler started on 3 days rest 27 times in 1985 if I'm not mistaken.

Stop trying to compare todays game to the mid 80's.

I'm not going to thread swerve so I'll leave it at this. He was blatantly putting no effort into winning games he didn't bet on. Especially with bullpen decisions. He abused Sotos arm even in meaningless games and if that isnt obvious, then consider that the next season he would watch Sotos form, if he didn't like it he wouldn't bet, oh... And then he'd start him anyway.

chiefzilla1501 11-13-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15951706)
Why?

Because Goodell and Snyder have been bulletproof despite being complete incompetent pieces of shit. I don't think it's a stretch to say that between baseball and football, we have two of the worst commissioners of all time.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-13-2021 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 15951698)
My how opinions change... couldn’t imagine this when Chucky directed the bus driver to do laps around Arrowhead last year.

He’a an first class a-hole. I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

I'm not a chucky fan, but personal emails should remain personal, this isn't the government with sunshine laws, it's a private organization and they have confidentiality and privacy laws to follow.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2021 10:45 AM

LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another thing I loved about that game: Andy Reid stayed aggressive. How often do you see a team win by 27 and their QB throw 50 passes? That&#39;s making a statement. They did his buddy Gruden wrong so he wanted to humiliate them. 👏👏👏 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a></p>&mdash; Dan (@tigerdan151) <a href="https://twitter.com/tigerdan151/status/1460249801833029643?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

kevrunner 05-14-2024 02:46 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A three-judge panel of Nevada’s Supreme Court on Tuesday sided with the NFL against former Raiders HC Jon Gruden, saying that he was subject to arbitration even as a former employee and thus ineligible to sue the league over his 2021 termination.<a href="https://t.co/WwiogXmXLD">https://t.co/WwiogXmXLD</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1790482504769585581?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9 05-14-2024 03:33 PM

I'm not sure who I think is right in this.

backinblack 05-14-2024 03:55 PM

**** the nfl

notorious 05-14-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17519183)
I'm not sure who I think is right in this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 17519206)
**** the nfl

There you go.

RealSNR 05-14-2024 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 17519206)
**** the nfl

Ehhh.... I really enjoy seeing Gruden suffer.

I'll allow it.