ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

htismaqe 02-16-2022 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 16149114)
What you don't want to hear some 12 year old on his mic saying he owned you by ganking? Who could possibly not love that kind of thing? LMAO

Tarkov is one of those games that not only do they kill you they take everything you worked hard to get.

I love hearing "Mom! Make me a sandwich!" and then finding out the guy you're playing with is in his 30's.

Frazod 02-16-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 16149114)
What you don't want to hear some 12 year old on his mic saying he owned you by ganking? Who could possibly not love that kind of thing? LMAO

Tarkov is one of those games that not only do they kill you they take everything you worked hard to get.

Yeah, no thanks.

Years ago I played Star Wars Battlefront online a bit. I enjoyed the dogfighting and was actually quite good at it. But the rest didn't appeal to me much. And the groups of assholes who would hang out at the spawn points killing everybody the second they appeared got old quick.

DJJasonp 02-16-2022 04:54 PM

Heard yesterday that Netflix has confirmed there will be a Bioshock movie.

Would you kindly???

CANNOT WAIT! one of my all-time faves

Simply Red 02-16-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16149221)

Would you kindly???

Nice I never played it - an older game - but ever played No Man's Sky?

DJJasonp 02-17-2022 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16149776)
Nice I never played it - an older game - but ever played No Man's Sky?

I tried to get into No Man's Sky, but got bored really quickly. I think I heard it got much more involved/finished later on, but I checked out early on it.

Indian Chief 02-18-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16149221)

Would you kindly???

I love Bioshock, which is precisely why I don't want them to make a movie out of it.

htismaqe 02-18-2022 02:06 PM

So for those of you that played AC Odyssey, what really drew you in to make you say it was great?

So far, it's feeling like a sprawling goose chase. There's so many side quests and stuff, it just feels like I'm running around endlessly with no real purpose.

lcarus 02-18-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 16152510)
I love Bioshock, which is precisely why I don't want them to make a movie out of it.

Yeah I'm 99% sure they'll screw it up. For one thing it should probably be a series instead of a movie. There's too much there to pack into 90 minutes.

DJJasonp 02-18-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16152537)
Yeah I'm 99% sure they'll screw it up. For one thing it should probably be a series instead of a movie. There's too much there to pack into 90 minutes.

both of you guys make great points.

lcarus 02-18-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 16152699)
both of you guys make great points.

That said, I'm still excited and I'll tune in. I just have low expectations.

tredadda 02-19-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16152515)
So for those of you that played AC Odyssey, what really drew you in to make you say it was great?

So far, it's feeling like a sprawling goose chase. There's so many side quests and stuff, it just feels like I'm running around endlessly with no real purpose.

It’s weird, but I can’t nail down one specific thing as a large part of what you can do there you can do in a lot of other games. I just really had fun with it and never felt like any part of the story was a trudge. It is a sprawling goose chase and that more or less is most of that game, but with all the other things I can do in it I never felt the urge to progress the story for the sake of doing it. It is definitely a game I love without really being one that I can point a finger to at any specific thing and saying that is the reason for me love.

AndChiefs 02-19-2022 11:36 AM

I’m still playing Europa universalis 4…really involved but it’s fun to take random historical countries and make them powerhouses.

Stryker 02-19-2022 09:20 PM

Fixing to play God of War and bought The Last of Us 2 (Best Buy sale $15.00)

Jerm 02-20-2022 01:12 AM

Back down the Destiny 2 rabbit hole after one of my typical breaks from it…so excited for Witch Queen, cannot wait for Tuesday!

Imon Yourside 02-20-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 16154434)
Back down the Destiny 2 rabbit hole after one of my typical breaks from it…so excited for Witch Queen, cannot wait for Tuesday!

What will make this expansion better? I mean I don't pvp or do raids so really anything to do but repeat the same strikes and missions over and over?

Also is the price really around $100 for a dlc?