ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Steelers LB Ryan Shazier potentially paralyzed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312072)

PunkinDrublic 02-08-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 13407873)
Very dumb. I’ve never considered Shazier a dirty player at all. All defensive players lead with their helmets at some points. It’s impossible to avoid. It’s not like the guy was ****ing Burfict head hunting every play

The whole Steeler defense headhunts. The Bengals do the same thing and they’re labeled thugs. Pittsburgh does it and they’re labeled hard nosed and tough because their rings afford them a certain catche with the league. Shazier got hurt employing the same cheap shot tactics Pittsburgh used when they gave Chris Conley a concussion and when they tried to wreck Alex Smith’s knee. You want to head hunt and try to intentionally hurt other players because it helps intimidate your opponents fine. Don’t expect me to feel sorry for you when it backfires.

notorious 02-08-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 13408022)
The whole Steeler defense headhunts. The Bengals do the same thing and they’re labeled thugs. Pittsburgh does it and they’re labeled hard nosed and tough because their rings afford them a certain catche with the league. Shazier got hurt employing the same cheap shot tactics Pittsburgh used when they gave Chris Conley a concussion and when they tried to wreck Alex Smith’s knee. You want to head hunt and try to intentionally hurt other players because it helps intimidate your opponents fine. Don’t expect me to feel sorry for you when it backfires.

Sucks the guy is paralyzed because he essentially lost the "hit" lottery. He checked off every box of what not to do if you want to avoid this. I said the same thing about Dennis Byrd, he was trying to spear and injure the QB when he collided and paralyzed himself.

Pittsburgh has always been the team that gets away with cheap shots and head hits.

They can't manipulate human anatomy and medical science like they can officials. Shazier is paying the price for the Steelers mentality.

GloryDayz 02-08-2018 12:16 PM

I was going to reply with, "Well Marcus Peters won't ever have to worry about this", but I decided it would be too mean, so I didn't.

DaNewGuy 02-08-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13408449)
I was going to reply with, "Well Marcus Peters won't ever have to worry about this", but I decided it would be too mean, so I didn't.

Still got peters schlong down your throat?

GloryDayz 02-08-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13408519)
Still got peters schlong down your throat?

I'm not sure he has a "schlong" given his tackling skills, but with your man-love for the dude, if he even is a dude, I'm thinking that would be you.

JakeF 02-08-2018 01:20 PM

I don't understand why the league continues to let the steelers get away with so much.

GloryDayz 02-08-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13408601)
I don't understand why the league continues to let the steelers get away with so much.

Well until they do, we ought to try hitting harder. Like "rub" routes, until they're called for what they really are, we should run a lot more "rub" routes.

Otter 02-08-2018 01:49 PM

Steelers are head hunters no doubt and the fact the leauge allows them to get away with it so often confirms bias. I used to actually root for the Steelers. Now they're the Raiders from the 90s.</br></br>**** the Steelers.

Chiefshrink 02-08-2018 05:59 PM

Wasn't a dirty hit at all. He just had poor head technique and lowered his head too much as opposed to just planting his face mask into the guy keeping his head up like you are supposed to do.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-08-2018 06:01 PM

Dirty player, but hopefully he recovers and learns propee, safe tackling.

Chiefshrink 02-08-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13409175)
Dirty player,

Didn't realize he was a dirty player.:shrug:

Rain Man 02-08-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13409182)
Didn't realize he was a dirty player.:shrug:

He's kind of a dirty player, in my opinion. Not the worst on the Steelers, and not nearly as bad as that punk Mike Mitchell, but most of the Steelers are dirty players. It's what Tomlin does.

PunkinDrublic 02-08-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13408670)
Well until they do, we ought to try hitting harder. Like "rub" routes, until they're called for what they really are, we should run a lot more "rub" routes.

If the Chiefs do it they’ll get penalized. The Bengals have tried to adopt what the Steelers do and they get penalized and labeled a bunch of thugs.

DaNewGuy 02-09-2018 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13408670)

Uh huh, I'm actually convinced you had to take days off from work to rant about peters, regardless go drink antifreeze ya lil bitch

GloryDayz 02-09-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 13409594)
If the Chiefs do it they’ll get penalized. The Bengals have tried to adopt what the Steelers do and they get penalized and labeled a bunch of thugs.

That will end when the coaches and team leadership call-out the officials. It's a natural process.