ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What is Andy Reid actually good at? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311641)

srvy 01-07-2018 11:16 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092011/131...ow_chewing.gif

rabblerouser 01-08-2018 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 13344734)
I think Reids biggest problem is when he gets a lead. He doesn't know how to go for the kill shot. You don't see teams like NE let the foot off the gas with a 2-3 score game. They are still the same aggressive team throughout the entire game.

I think Reid has more than one "biggest problem" :

His clock management is terrible.

His play calling has been ATROCIOUS, from always throwing at the sideline, to stupid trick plays (Kelce to Irving on 3rd down?), to abandoning the run CONSTANTLY, to calling that option on 3rd down last Sat...he sucks.

His situational awareness is non existent - it's like he's watching a different game than everyone else.

**** him.

carcosa 01-24-2018 07:36 PM

He's great at retaining 100 year old dogshit coordinators!!!! Thanks Andy, you stubborn piece of shit!!!

GloryDayz 01-24-2018 11:18 PM

What the ****... **** you Andy. You fat piece of shit! And Clark too. Mother****ers!

This team is ****ed!

BigRedChief 01-25-2018 12:05 AM

Some on here need some perspective. Remember Haley/Crennel/Gunther/Herm etc. it can get a lot worse.

The NFL just hired 2 of his OC’s to be head coaches in the last 3 years.. One is already in the Super Bowl this year with ****ing Foles as his QB.

If any NFL team needs a coach and Reid is available, they will hire him over any person on the face of the earth except for Bellicheck.

Hammock Parties 01-25-2018 12:22 AM

Reid is good at putting his players in position to win games.

All the QB had to do was connect on open ****ing throws the last two postseasons and we're in the AFC Championship game/Divisional round.

Not his fault.

bigjosh 01-25-2018 12:33 AM

Andy is perfectly fine at calling plays, designing schemes that beat coverage, mentoring young quarterbacks, making quarterbacks look better than they really are (see McNabb, Kolb, Vick, Smith) and outcoaching 95% of other NFL head coaches.

Not saying that Andy does not have shortcomings, but he is the best coach this franchise has had in 40 ****ing years.

SuperBowl4 01-25-2018 07:18 AM

eating?

SuperBowl4 01-25-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13343803)
Reid is going to retire here.

He won't be fired. At best he'll resign if/when he realizes he can't get it done with an elite talent at QB.

Or due to health issues

SuperBowl4 01-25-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 13342681)
I've said for years now, Monday through Saturday Andy is likely a top 5 coach in the league. On game day, he is in the bottom third. Incapable of making in game adjustment.

It is unfortunate the KC media is worthless. How about asking the simple question, "Andy, who was calling the plays in the second half?"

He sure seems to be speaking into the mic and looking at the play sheet every time he was shown in the second half.

If Jason Whitlock was still around I'm sure he would have a field day with Andy's play calling and both playoff choke jobs

GloryDayz 01-25-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13381101)
Reid is good at putting his players in position to win games.

All the QB had to do was connect on open ****ing throws the last two postseasons and we're in the AFC Championship game/Divisional round.

Not his fault.

Sorry, he sucks at knowing when his DC is ****ing moron. No matter what he continues to do to keep his players on the offense to drop passes (unlike better coaches), he's the head coach so he owns Sutton and all Sutton's faults.

I don't think quitting will be enough if this team fails to succeed next year. I'm sick a tired of always having to say "next year"! And let me preview next year's excuses from the Chiefs and the Chiefs' suck-ups.

* We had the toughest schedules in the league.

* It's not like we're in a division like the Pats are in.

* Players X, Y, and Z were hurt.

* Oh, and, "We have to do better", and it'll start with the fat **** who never fixes shit.

* Clark won't say a ****ing thing.