ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics Killer apps for Android? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=237705)

BigMeatballDave 08-03-2011 05:46 PM

I got SwiftKey free from Amazon. I love it. It's a predictive text app.

DaFace 08-03-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7799212)

Yep, I should've posted about it. It's definitely my favorite keyboard after trying the stock keyboard and Swype for a while.

KevB 08-03-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7799296)
Yep, I should've posted about it. It's definitely my favorite keyboard after trying the stock keyboard and Swype for a while.

Same. I love Swype, but hate the streaks it leaves on my phone.

rocknrolla 08-03-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7799212)

LOVE IT!

BigMeatballDave 08-03-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7799296)

Swype is okay. Maybe I am stupid, but I just couldn't get it to work like i wanted it to.

BigMeatballDave 08-03-2011 08:11 PM

SwiftKey scares me Sometimes. Like it's reading my mind.

DaFace 08-03-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7799485)
Swype is okay. Maybe I am stupid, but I just couldn't get it to work like i wanted it to.

I liked it a ton better than the stock keyboard, but I got really frustrated with how tough it was to get it to get short words right. I was constantly correcting it, and it was even worse for me, as I'm a pretty exact typist.

What I love about SwiftkeyX is that you can still be somewhat inexact with your typing, and it'll usually pick up the right word. So it's almost like Swype, but you're not stuck having to do entire words at once. You can pause in the middle and keep on trucking. I also think that SwiftkeyX's language learning function is far superior to Swype's.

007 08-03-2011 09:41 PM

If you are using a tablet, Thumb Keyboard ROCKS!!!!

unlurking 08-04-2011 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7799784)
If you are using a tablet, Thumb Keyboard ROCKS!!!!

Another vote for Thumb! Especially after yesterday's update.

-King- 08-11-2011 06:36 PM

Just got an update on my my touch. Really nice so far. Swype works much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 08-11-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7818298)
Just got an update on my my touch. Really nice so far. Swype works much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have you tried SwiftkeyX?

DaFace 08-27-2011 03:21 PM

Question for you guys who know how this rooting thing works. I finally rooted mine so that I could move some apps to the SD card and get wifi tethering. However, I'm perfectly content with the stock Sprint ROM.

At some point, Sprint's supposed to be updating this thing to Gingerbread. If that happens, what are my options? If I were to accept an OTA update, would it 1) brick the phone, 2) update properly, but unroot it, or 3) update properly with no impact on the root? I'm guessing #2, but just wanted to make sure I understand it in case it pops up and asks someday.

The Bad Guy 08-27-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7856110)
Question for you guys who know how this rooting thing works. I finally rooted mine so that I could move some apps to the SD card and get wifi tethering. However, I'm perfectly content with the stock Sprint ROM.

At some point, Sprint's supposed to be updating this thing to Gingerbread. If that happens, what are my options? If I were to accept an OTA update, would it 1) brick the phone, 2) update properly, but unroot it, or 3) update properly with no impact on the root? I'm guessing #2, but just wanted to make sure I understand it in case it pops up and asks someday.

I was told it would brick the phone.

Wait until a rooted updated gingerbread rom comes out.

BigMeatballDave 08-27-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7856565)
I was told it would brick the phone.

Wait until a rooted updated gingerbread rom comes out.

There's one out now for Gingerbread.

unlurking 08-28-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7856110)

Since you're still running the original stock ROM, you shouldn't have any issues beyond having to re-root your phone. Many custom ROMs have blocked OTAs by default (CM did this in a late 5.x or early 6.x version), so that you don't even see them.

If you plan to keep the Sprint ROM, I would wait to update until there is a confirmed root process. Personally, I would have gone to a custom ROM just to get to GB.