ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***Rumor*** Pioli gets fired if Chiefs Lose in Tampa. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265034)

Hammock Parties 10-12-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9006807)
If you fire Pioli after the season ends, you pretty much **** yourself over for the draft. If you hire a replacement today, you can still get a new GM that can collect enough information leading into the 2013 draft.

This is not true either way.

First off, any new GM won't be hired until the season is over.

Even in such an event, whoever we hire will have done his homework on the upcoming draft.

DaneMcCloud 10-12-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Actually, it's a special exception in KC because Pioli doesn't have a College Scouting Director.

If you fire Pioli after the season ends, you pretty much **** yourself over for the draft. If you hire a replacement today, you can still get a new GM that can collect enough information leading into the 2013 draft.

I don't know. Just trying to see a bright side, but I'm skeptical.

Yeah, because no one can figure out who to draft without a CSD.

:facepalm:

In an era were 40 million guys on the internet can accurately guess who's going in each round, a guy like this is highly overrated.

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Actually, it's a special exception in KC because Pioli doesn't have a College Scouting Director.

I don't know. Just trying to see a bright side, but I'm skeptical.

Aren't all the people you want to replace him working until January?

Mother****erJones 10-12-2012 10:07 PM

And everyone gave pioli as pass for 2009 draft because he didn't have his guys, well he was with New England what was he doing? Playing with himself?? Pioli sucks at drafting so ill take my chances on firing him and hiring a Baltimore or Pittsburgh guy

BigMeatballDave 10-12-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9006801)

Kinda figured Mendenhall was an idiot.

This just solidifies it even further...

BigMeatballDave 10-12-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9006801)

Oh, and you're a reeruned Chimp.

ForeverChiefs58 10-12-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 9005887)
Title says it all. Heard on the Danny Parkins show this morning on 610 that Danny has an unnamed Source that he trusts. The source says Pioli has been told win at Tampa or his tenure is done in KC.

Can we really be this close to our goal? :thumb:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.n...ox-9-27-12.gif

kcxiv 10-12-2012 10:50 PM

Steeler fans have no right to bitch about their team. lol When i see steeler fans butthurt on other forums, i gotta call them out for being ****tards.

AussieChiefsFan 10-12-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9007005)
Steeler fans have no right to bitch about their team. lol When i see steeler fans butthurt on other forums, i gotta call them out for being ****tards.

This

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9006818)
Yeah, because no one can figure out who to draft without a CSD.

:facepalm:

In an era were 40 million guys on the internet can accurately guess who's going in each round, a guy like this is highly overrated.

Dane, please tell me you're not going to go the route of undermining professional scouts and comparing them to a bunch of douche bags with a computer.

CSD's are critical. Saying they're not important is saying that a bunch of talented entry level employees can function well without a manager. And that the manager is overrated.

Imon Yourside 10-12-2012 11:11 PM

Danny Parkins...Bwahahaha LMAO

Brock 10-12-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9007041)
Dane, please tell me you're not going to go the route of undermining professional scouts and comparing them to a bunch of douche bags with a computer.

CSD's are critical. Saying they're not important is saying that a bunch of talented entry level employees can function well without a manager. And that the manager is overrated.

A bunch of talented entry level employees can function well without a manager. and the manager is overrated. Managers are dickheads who take credit for other people's work.

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9006816)
This is not true either way.

First off, any new GM won't be hired until the season is over.

Even in such an event, whoever we hire will have done his homework on the upcoming draft.

The Browns are basically bringing in Joe Banner right now. And you can bet he's basically heading up the scouting operation in prep for the draft so they can fire Holmgren when the season ends.

And yes, if you hire a personnel guy, he'll have scouting reports. But they're the wrong reports. Scouts look for exactly what you tell them to look for. If you want fast guys, your scouting report will have only fast guys. If you have a 4-3 scout, he won't know how that player will function in a 3-4.

chiefzilla1501 10-12-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9007050)
A bunch of talented entry level employees can function well without a manager. and the manager is overrated. Managers are dickheads who take credit for other people's work.

Then you are either unmanageable or a shitty manager.

This is completely oblivious to the way the real world works. Most of us have been managed by a shitty manager and a very good manager, and those who have know the difference. Those who manage people know it's a very difficult job.

Brock 10-12-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9007057)
Then you are either unmanageable or a shitty manager.

This is completely oblivious to the way the real world works. Most of us have been managed by a shitty manager and a very good manager, and those who have know the difference. Those who manage people know it's a very difficult job.

Yeah, I've had plenty of good managers. they stay in their office, get me what I need, and stay the **** out of my way. The worst managers are always the ones who actually try to manage. They're talentless hacks, that's why they're managers.