ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

RunKC 11-27-2012 04:28 PM

I would love Alex Smith in KC....as Tyler Wilson's backup.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9157201)
They've been inconsistent, sure, but generally better as the year went on from a poor start to the season. They'll have players drafted from that line. The West Virginia line, on the other hand, was a turnstile for every single game in which they played anybody with even marginal talent on defense. Absolutely horrendous.

This is true. It really is comical how often Geno is pressured. And he just slides in the pocket effortlessly it seems.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9157301)
This is true. It really is comical how often Geno is pressured. And he just slides in the pocket effortlessly it seems.

Geno is going to play behind our OL and be like "WTF? What is... there's like a pocket and...space...and not constant pressure..."

Then he's going to deliver a 40 yd strike for a td.

O.city 11-27-2012 04:31 PM

Some of you guys need to go back and read ore draft reviews of guys like Big Ben, Eli, Ryan, Rodgers etc.

Luck and manning were anomalies. Hell rgIII had question marks

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157290)
Don't you assholes get tired of sitting around watching other teams draft their own qbs, develop them and win championships?

For **** sake, the stupidity abounds.

It's time to not be a pussy, but up and do what should have been done years ago

I know I do. Right now we're running a ****ing idiotic scheme designed to try and protect a shitty QB, who can't make the throws when called upon. Double fail. Why not take a flyer on a QB this April, when we need it the most, and roll out a run heavy scheme like they do in Seattle? The only difference being that Wilson can make some throws when called upon, and look pretty good doing it. We have the offensive tools to protect a rookie QB in a similar way, but allow him to open up when the time is right. All we need a new QB with potential, and an OC who has an IQ above 50.

jaa1025 11-27-2012 04:33 PM

God some of our fans are reeruned.

So some of our idiot fanbase would rather not draft a QB that's on the same level as a Matthew Stafford or Matt Ryan coming out because he's not an Andrew Luck or RGIII? Then they turn around and want to draft Manti Teo, who is a good ILB prospect but not even on the same level as Aaron Curry was coming out. He's definitely not on the level as Urlacher.

at #1 you take QB if you need QB. you take a LT to protect your QB. You take a player that is a destroyer of QB's. Or you trade out. There are exceptions to this rule. If Calvin Johnson is available then you can draft him. If Champ Bailey or Deon Sanders is available you can draft him.

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9157298)
I would love Alex Smith in KC....as Tyler Wilson's backup.

:Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin:

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:34 PM

We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Sorry, but don't think things will change this year.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157315)
We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

:popcorn:

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t.../oooopswtf.gif

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Lots of good QBs out there: Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Garrard, no need to waste any picks

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Geno > Tannehill and R. Wilson.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...FS/ooooops.gif

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157320)
Lots of good QBs out there: Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Garrard, no need to waste any picks

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NnxVr08JH10/TJ...t8JWDw/omg.gif

RealSNR 11-27-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9157180)
I can't believe you guys are willing to throw away the #1 pick in the draft just because you need a QB. I'm not saying that Geno is the next Tim Couch, but he could be. And if he is you just threw away a chance to draft a guy who should be a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Elway thought he needed a QB in 2011 and I'm ecstatic that he used his brain and didn't draft Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, or Dalton at #2.

Elway was shit ****ing lucky that Peyton Manning was available. He didn't plan squat. He fell ass over tea kettle into his QB solution and you ****ing know it.

If he didn't get lucky, you guys would be stuck with ****ing Tim Tebow and would be as shitty as you were last year, only this time without a hope of finding a franchise QB in the draft.

Also, "throw away a #1 overall pick?"

****ing **** you, dumbass. Your terrible ****ing football knowledge and analysis aside, tell me how burning that pick on ****ing Jarvis JOnes ISN'T throwing away the pick.